Previous  123 ... 383940 ... 414415416  Next
Author SONY XPERIA Rumors 2014
Felimenta97
Sony Xperia S
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-11-21 18:51
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2013-11-21 18:27:41, itsjustJOH wrote:
^But if it would come out on January with S805, that would be better.

Competitors would have a hard job trying to beat that little monster's performance. S805 on a 720p screen?
I don't get people. Never Have, never will.
-XYZ
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-11-21 19:02

That's extremely unlikely. In fact, almost impossible, unless its a completely new model based on the Z2
XperiaJunkie
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-11-21 19:24
Snapdragon 800 will be more than capable for what they would be used for such as a few apps to download, take the odd photo/video bit of Google search and browsing and using the Walkman player.
I'm so happy 'cause today
I've found my friends ...
They're in my head
king-james
Sony Xperia Z Ultra
PM
Posted: 2013-11-21 20:04
Who the hell need S805??? S800 is good enough till H2 2014... Hope Sony won't go for upper pixel screens. 1080p resolution displays are more than enough. You can not see any pixel. More resolution need more energy and bring bad result in benchmarks.

When I see notebooks with 14 - 17" has only 720p screens or big TVs with 60" and only 1080p, I thinking the mobile world is just crazy!!! Look what Apple does with it's iPhones, they even no HD screens but all happy.

Always the korean starts this shit, now they need curvy phones... What The Hell!!!! Who idiot wants this shit... How that feel in pocket.
[ This Message was edited by: king-james on 2013-11-21 19:05 ]
like.no.other
kewsvnet
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
PM
Posted: 2013-11-21 21:11

On 2013-11-21 17:32:28, DACHA wrote:

On 2013-11-21 16:53:15, sami92a wrote:

On 2013-11-21 15:56:00, milukugiuniu wrote:
Z1 mini will be released in Japan at Christmas time. Other markets will get it in 1Q 2014.

But Z1 mini is already Released in Japan lol its called Z1F

I was told that the Z1 mini is not the same as Z1f. It has different specs but my source would not give me any info on specs.

Really hope its just a minor design change and not actually a downgrade of specs..would be a shame if they tease us with the perfect phone and give us something worse
Miki69
Nokia 808 PureView
PM
Posted: 2013-11-21 21:13

On 2013-11-21 20:04:05, king-james wrote:
When I see notebooks with 14 - 17" has only 720p screens or big TVs with 60" and only 1080p, I thinking the mobile world is just crazy!!! Look what Apple does with it's iPhones, they even no HD screens but all happy.

Fully agree with you!

Always the korean starts this shit, now they need curvy phones... What The Hell!!!! Who idiot wants this shit... How that feel in pocket.

We have a new say now: "Is that your PHONE or you're happy to see me?"

Cheers,
Miki
[ This Message was edited by: Miki69 on 2013-11-21 20:13 ]
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-11-21 21:24

is that a smartphone curved to fit perfectly in your hand in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?

edit: damn i just noticed miki said it first.
[ This Message was edited by: moogoo on 2013-11-21 20:25 ]
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
king-james
Sony Xperia Z Ultra
PM
Posted: 2013-11-21 22:35
^^
something like this.

like.no.other
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-11-22 00:40

First off I don't think Korean cellphone companies "starts this shit" for everything we've seen.

Ericsson brought us the slimest, sleakest feature phone with global GSM roaming a first for both!
(this was before or maybe during Motorola's rennaisance heyday of slim clamshell phones)
- Ericsson did this with a true FLIP-phone, the T39m, and T28w (World) phones.
> Tri-band GSM became the standard, but it took 5yrs before any competition could last both 300hrs standby and 6hrs real-world standby time! (even when using greyscale the competition couldn't match these two measurements).

SonyEricsson brought the camera to a feature phone
- many in the industry thought this was ludricris, and for the quality intially they where right T68m (not the 'i' the "m" had the adapter first).
> Just 2.5yrs later the K750 and W800 debuted with picture quality aplomb!

Now begins the dawn of the Flexible Displays: both LG and Samsung.
- LG seems to be lost with top-to-bottom curves which only works with it against your hand or head, carrying it - which is STILL the majority of time we spend with our phones throughout any busines day, this is fruitless.
> Usage trends may soon, VERY soon, show this to be useful and more prevalent than in standby.
- Samsung sees to get it right with a side-to-side curve.
- Initial implementation seems like a pure freaking joke I completely agree, as many in the industry does as well (even diehard fans). But this is just an exercise in production yields, and quality for Samsung an excusable write-off of losses if sales are abismal, and quite frankly I see them expecting this - even in Korea (N/S).
> However it's the next Galaxy line using this edge to edge curved display that was shown off a few months ago.
>> Business users will LOVE this ... many times smartphones are left on tables - for rest, audio recording for minutes transcribing later or to show upper echelon colleagues their aware of the perception of etiquette goes a long way. The main difference in understanding their market here, is like Apple, Samsung executives USE their products (something Nokia executives rarely did or very basically and poorly understood how their products are fully utilized)! This means while recording in the above example I can not only see an LED or vibration indicator but an important message from a colleague streaming on the side of the phone facing ME ONLY that the presentation about to be shown was hacked with an image of a dog barking (Tron Legacy anyone ) or worse having the first slide of a nude photo of the boss' daughter - which you being the source of creating the presentation.

GO TEAM - that dude that messaged you 10 seconds before presentation; deserves that 30 days vacation, expenses paid and a raise and deposit on a new car/condo because now he has leverage over you ... just to keep him quite. All while your arse is saved and YOU got a huge 20% on $140'000 annual salary raise, new office, more social status and office political power and security of your new role! Win, Win, WIN!

You have to think about REAL world use cases when technology is just beginning to be implemented ... how it can help YOU and others, not just for technology sake. Samsung just got this the past 3yrs and it shows in their marketing, LG too actually - Apple where born to do this since 1984 ... but the fact is Samsung is more business savvy and has their hands in just about everything the future of smartphones and their users NEED & WANT even the competition and making hand over fist willing to sell to them.
|AppleTV2|iPhone 12Mini 256GB|iPad Pro 256GB| Previously ... K750|Z500|Z520|K700|K790i|K850i, :Ericsson: T18z|T28World|T36m x3|T68m (Ericsson, not the rebranded T68i).
supercoolman
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-11-22 05:02

just in time for Chinese new year?
stais
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-11-22 11:50
More from GSMArena on Z1S, claiming Q1 release and prices. (maybe this is more or less the same as was posted on last page)

http://www.gsmarena.com/new_s[....]014_launch_price-news-7235.php
Xajel
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2013-11-22 21:06

Some times, a specific market or users triggers the evolution of the rest...
See the PC market... gamers requested more performance and quality and the whole PC market evolve just for this... and now more than the PC

Mobile market is driving now the mobile computing, cloud computing and storage, battery and screen technology, camera sensors and more...

In terms of screen it's okay to go FHD as it's the perfect resolution the higher you go it will be expensive and power hungry and performance hungry too and the user won't notice anything... Apple see this as retina where the size of the pixel matches the size of the of single cells in the eye's retina... but we now know that human eyes can see smaller than this... and this is why 1080p screens look better and crispier than iPhone...

The larger the device.. more distance is needed... laptops are okay with 1080p and 2k or 4k... TV's now moving to 4k coz there's a different and the larger the screen.. the larger is the pixel even in a TV thats sets 3-4 meters away...

In smartphones I think moving beyond 1080p is harder coz the pixels are too small to be noticed unless the screen is larger than 5"... it's already small in 5" 1080p and very very hard to see individual pixels

Regarding iPhone users and their retina thing is okay... thats because they never complain about Apple products... but if they saw a newer Apple product then they will say wow this is good and new and wonderfull even thought it's in Android for months or years... these guys are basically brainwashed by Apple
my ninja
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2013-11-23 06:37
So sick and tied off ppl talking about seeing pixels.

It's about fidelity, more pixels higher fidelity. The pinnacle is not merely the inability to identify the individual pixels but the increase in fidelity it provides the human eye is extremely complex and can notice more than just the pixel size. Is such a tiresome thing to CONSTANTLY read.. Everywhere because of one narcissistic ceo.. There is a reason that billion dollar companies are going to sell higher resolution screens. If you honestly say the iPhone 4 (first 'retina' display) is better than the z1 then keep on drumming, but if there's a clear difference, then it's time to drop this tired ass argument. There's probably a point of diminishing returns, we're just not there yet.. If you're content though more power to you but just know that what you're proclaiming is hogwash.
Xajel
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2013-11-23 07:29
@my ninja,

If you read again, you'll see this is what I meant...

But I added that having more resolution isn't always good, the more resolution you have the harder for you to see the difference.. that's why I prefer 1080p over Retina... I know there's a science behind retina selection, but that science is theory, and theory can be wrong... and these 1080p panels proved that retina resolution was wrong...

I talked about seeing individual pixel not as a measurement, but as one of the standards that can make seeing the contents comfortable ( regardless of what the contents is )... small font size is just one example of this, having less resolution will make small fonts pixelated and harder to read...

but moving to higher and higher isn't good like the talking about 5.2/5.4" with 4K resolution... I feel 4K resolution is okay if we're talking about 10" and more... or at least 9" not lower as the benefit you will get will be very low compared to the problems with manufacturing, cost, power & performance
BenLing
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-11-23 08:30

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 383940 ... 414415416  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic