Previous  123 ... 287288289 ... 414415416  Next
Author SONY XPERIA Rumors 2014
vivftp
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-07-25 07:08
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2014-07-25 02:13:02, Ricky D wrote:
I'd consider this more seriously as an upgrade to my Z if the front was cleaner and the notification light wasn't so close to the corner.

I believe one of the insiders said the notification Led on the international version would be different
puestadelsol
C901 Black
PM
Posted: 2014-07-25 08:58
Quote:

On 2014-07-24 22:46:47, Xajel wrote:
\\r\\nOn 2014-07-24 18:44:52, itsjustJOH wrote:\\r\\nIs this the \\\\\\"entirely new design\\\\\\"?\\r\\n\\r\\n
\\r\\n\\r\\nAFAIR Z3 was supposed to have a new design, but it was canceled duo to complexity and high-cost of mass manufacturing\\r\\n\\r\\nSo, this might be plan B\\n

This is a very stupid excuse. Taking in consideration that Sony is trying to overprice it's products as much as possible. You can say that it isn't true, but if you look back, in the past 2-3 years, the products price/value ratio have clearly changed in a bad way, because Sony is trying to use premium price tags. Despite using quality materials and hardware, the premium price tag is only due to the Sony branding. At the same time it's a shame that almost any manufacturer can produce better results, with Sony camera sensors, but Sony praises itself, with the best of Sony slogan.

I've ever used Ericsson, Sony Ericsson phones and now Sony, and you can look down on Samsung, but they are now more innovative than Sony, because Sony totally lacks it. Just look at Samsung, LG, Nokia in the camera field, phase detection AF, laser AF, OIS. I think the Galaxy s4 zoom and particularly the Galaxy K zoom is a nice try to bring the cameraphone concept in the smartphone era, which nearly wanished after 2009. In the meantime Sony should have produced long ago a Cyber-shot T style Xperia with optical zoom, light wieght and compact size
size. But at Sony I don't see any minor sign of innovation, just everything is bigger, more, and said to be better, but you can't see any additional feature, or anything what could be called innovative. It also seems that Sony sent to vacation 1,5 years ago the designers.

For now Samsung's portfolio is also more well balanced. They have an offer in any price segment, in any size in a wide range of specifications. Sony focuses mainly on premium called, high priced, and big phones. Below 4,8 inch screen they only have the Z1 compact with 4,3 screen, which would be overall a good phone, and the E1, which is a joke (you can buy a Samsung with AF+led camera, and a more mature design for that price, because the E1 has a kind of toy-omnibalance design, so I don't know who is that stupid person, who for that price buys exactly the E1). They even don't care about the weight of the phone. Except E1, the lightest is the Z1 compact with 137 g, which isn't a light weight, upper limit in weight of Sony phones is up to the starry sky.

After using for years Sony Ericsson phones I've recently bought an Xperia V, because I realised that I maybe won't ever find a phone with this specifications, this size and wieght, because all capable Xperias are heavier, bigger. Why have I bought just in the past month the Xperia V? Because I was waiting for a more convincing device, but I haven't found one yet.

And this half year update schedule is just something insane. The Xperia Z1 appeared on the shelves, not more than 9 months ago, but is nearly forgotten. While the first Z2 users can't have their phone for more than 4 month, we are waiting the announcement of Z3. And because we all know that it will be just a repacked Z1/Z2, it isn't on the shelves, it isn't even announced, but we are already waiting for the Z4, and from the past experiences I don't expect anything revolutionary from that device.

I am prepared that I'll get a lot offence from blinded Sony fans, (in spite of I consider myself a Sony Ericsson fan, but not blinded). But, just think about some things what I described, that there is some truth in it...
supercoolman
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-07-25 09:10

On 2014-07-25 08:58:00, puestadelsol wrote:
Quote:

On 2014-07-24 22:46:47, Xajel wrote:

\\r\\nOn 2014-07-24 18:44:52, itsjustJOH wrote:\\r\\nIs this the \\\\\\"entirely new design\\\\\\"?\\r\\n\\r\\n
\\r\\n\\r\\nAFAIR Z3 was supposed to have a new design, but it was canceled duo to complexity and high-cost of mass manufacturing\\r\\n\\r\\nSo, this might be plan B\\n

This is a very stupid excuse. Taking in consideration that Sony is trying to overprice it's products as much as possible. You can say that it isn't true, but if you look back, in the past 2-3 years, the products price/value ratio have clearly changed in a bad way, because Sony is trying to use premium price tags. Despite using quality materials and hardware, the premium price tag is only due to the Sony branding. At the same time it's a shame that almost any manufacturer can produce better results, with Sony camera sensors, but Sony praises itself, with the best of Sony slogan.

I've ever used Ericsson, Sony Ericsson phones and now Sony, and you can look down on Samsung, but they are now more innovative than Sony, because Sony totally lacks it. Just look at Samsung, LG, Nokia in the camera field, phase detection AF, laser AF, OIS. I think the Galaxy s4 zoom and particularly the Galaxy K zoom is a nice try to bring the cameraphone concept in the smartphone era, which nearly wanished after 2009. In the meantime Sony should have produced long ago a Cyber-shot T style Xperia with optical zoom, light wieght and compact size

size. But at Sony I don't see any minor sign of innovation, just everything is bigger, more, and said to be better, but you can't see any additional feature, or anything what could be called innovative. It also seems that Sony sent to vacation 1,5 years ago the designers.

For now Samsung's portfolio is also more well balanced. They have an offer in any price segment, in any size in a wide range of specifications. Sony focuses mainly on premium called, high priced, and big phones. Below 4,8 inch screen they only have the Z1 compact with 4,3 screen, which would be overall a good phone, and the E1, which is a joke (you can buy a Samsung with AF+led camera, and a more mature design for that price, because the E1 has a kind of toy-omnibalance design, so I don't know who is that stupid person, who for that price buys exactly the E1). They even don't care about the weight of the phone. Except E1, the lightest is the Z1 compact with 137 g, which isn't a light weight, upper limit in weight of Sony phones is up to the starry sky.

After using for years Sony Ericsson phones I've recently bought an Xperia V, because I realised that I maybe won't ever find a phone with this specifications, this size and wieght, because all capable Xperias are heavier, bigger. Why have I bought just in the past month the Xperia V? Because I was waiting for a more convincing device, but I haven't found one yet.

And this half year update schedule is just something insane. The Xperia Z1 appeared on the shelves, not more than 9 months ago, but is nearly forgotten. While the first Z2 users can't have their phone for more than 4 month, we are waiting the announcement of Z3. And because we all know that it will be just a repacked Z1/Z2, it isn't on the shelves, it isn't even announced, but we are already waiting for the Z4, and from the past experiences I don't expect anything revolutionary from that device.

I am prepared that I'll get a lot offence from blinded Sony fans, (in spite of I consider myself a Sony Ericsson fan, but not blinded). But, just think about some things what I described, that there is some truth in it...

did you use a web translator to translate these sentences from a different language to English?
puestadelsol
C901 Black
PM
Posted: 2014-07-25 09:31
@supercoolman

When I've read again, I realised that here and there isn't perfect the composition, but I had no patience to rewrite/correct it on a phone's touchscreen. But, just simply don't understand what I've wrote if you don't want to.

I guess you're a native English speaker. Instead of mocking would be nice from you to correct my mistakes, so I could learn from them.
[ This Message was edited by: puestadelsol on 2014-07-25 09:16 ]
nikos_se
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2014-07-25 09:43
Google translator or not he has a point.Sony's portfolio this year,has been rather weak.Xperia Z3 looks rather underwhelming,I can't think of a single feature that makes it more exciting or interesting than Xperia Z2.At least they could try differentiate their portfolio..what about releasing smartphones with 4.5"-4.7" 1080p displays or 5.5"-5.7" 1080p displays.Last year they took the unorthodox way and released a smartphone-tablet with a 6.5" display that had lackluster sales due to its huge size.
amirprog
W800
PM
Posted: 2014-07-25 09:55
I have no problem with z3 design. a new phone is there for people who have an old phone for a few years. in terms of buying a new smartphone, for example, most people (not a minority of hardcore fanatic smartphone fans ) who bought xperia z shouldn't complain because barely 2 years have passed since they bought their device. if z4 wouldn't have more major difference in internals and/or design then i would start criticizing but we all know that z4 will bring more substantial changes and maybe also in design so it's all good. besides, we really don't know enough about what features z3 will have so i'm sure sony will differentiate it with it's own unique features and package.
anyway, it has the best omnibalance design imo because the metal frame design is seamless - truly one part with no added lines/plastic/rubber, it's curved, side bezels are slimmer, device is slimmer and lighter, top and bottom bezel are big, buttons are slightly bigger. all this is adding to better ergonomics. a winning design.
[ This Message was edited by: amirprog on 2014-07-25 08:56 ]
XperiaJunkie
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-07-25 13:18
New QX30 Lens-Style Camera on the horizon with 30x zoom?

We recently reported that Sony would launch at least one new Lens Style Camera at IFA 2014 in early September. This would follow on from the launch of the DSC-QX10 and DSC-QX100 cameras at last year’s IFA. One of these new models is believed to be the DSC-QX30, following the appearance of a registration on the Korean RRA (National Radio Research Agency) site.

The previous report suggested a lens-style camera with 30x zoom, perhaps this is why the number ’30′ is used in the DSC-QX30 model number. It would be no surprise to see a new lens-style camera from Sony, especially since last year’s models were effectively a new imaging form factor. It shows there was enough success in these models to warrant a new release.

(this text was a direct copy from xperiablog.net)

Excited much ? I know I am. I could replace my QX10 and get the snap on case like I have for my Z1 if the price is right.
I'm so happy 'cause today
I've found my friends ...
They're in my head
ascariss
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2014-07-25 15:14
This is great news, I hope Sony releases more models, especially one that has a fixed lens with no zoom and a nice f, like f1.8. I don't need zoom and if they took the qx100, removed it but kept the sensor, and made it thinner, I would be all over that.
-XYZ
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-07-25 16:50

On 2014-07-25 15:14:08, ascariss wrote:
This is great news, I hope Sony releases more models, especially one that has a fixed lens with no zoom and a nice f, like f1.8. I don't need zoom and if they took the qx100, removed it but kept the sensor, and made it thinner, I would be all over that.

Aside from sensor size, I thought the whole point of the QX series was to enable optical zoom.
The QX10 has the same 1/2.3 sensor as the Z1 after all, except with 10x optical zoom added in. The QX100 is a different situation I'll admit, but would a fast prime be useful?
supercoolman
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-07-25 17:40

On 2014-07-25 09:31:00, puestadelsol wrote:
@supercoolman

When I've read again, I realised that here and there isn't perfect the composition, but I had no patience to rewrite/correct it on a phone's touchscreen. But, just simply don't understand what I've wrote if you don't want to.

I guess you're a native English speaker. Instead of mocking would be nice from you to correct my mistakes, so I could learn from them.
[ This Message was edited by: puestadelsol on 2014-07-25 09:16 ]

I thought you google translated some article from the web, so they weren't your words
ascariss
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2014-07-25 20:39

On 2014-07-25 16:50:36, -XYZ wrote:

On 2014-07-25 15:14:08, ascariss wrote:

Aside from sensor size, I thought the whole point of the QX series was to enable optical zoom.
The QX10 has the same 1/2.3 sensor as the Z1 after all, except with 10x optical zoom added in. The QX100 is a different situation I'll admit, but would a fast prime be useful?

I like zoom don't get me wrong but I am also used to a fast prime on my NEX, either 35 or 50mm and I sometimes use just this lens to shot all my photos. A prime with no zoom might also be smaller but then that would also depend on the focal length as well.

I would pick up the QX100 but I am hoping for some an updated model this fall, hopefully sporting a bionzX processor, somehow I doubt that will happen. The new firmware has really speed up the lens cameras so that is a major plus but there still appears to be a slight lag, maybe they will fix that eventually.
Aycaramba
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-07-26 01:31
Esato was founded in the year 2001 and was mainly targeted at Sony Ericsson mobile phone users. We started with a couple of services offering free ringtones, grayscale logos for the Ericsson T39 and R520 models. We have expanded the service to include free color backgrounds for over 50 mobile phone models. Other popular services are the discussion forum for anyone interested in topics about mobile phones and accessories. Even if the focus was targeted at Sony Ericsson owners, we now have separate forums for owners of other brands. The most popular sections are the News, Blog, discussion forum, Free themes, free color backgrounds and a service where users can upload images from a PC and download a converted image down to their mobile phone.
[ This Message was edited by: Aycaramba on 2018-08-07 15:49 ]
Away
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2014-07-26 02:02
The Z1 and Z2 had near identical specs too. But the Z2 is considered way better.

Despite the similar specs, I'm confident we'll see a software package - Sony does seem to be concentrating on that nowadays. Similarly, we'll see a significantly better battery life. And don't forget unique hardware features, a DAC or whatever.

All of this is pure speculation, but Sony do seem to be picking up their smartphone and tablet game...

The Z left them near the top, the Z1 fell ever so slightly short of being perfect and the Z2 picked up the pieces.

Sony have had ample time to vertically integrate their technologies, we're seeing that more and more, but we should see them really pushing the limits now.

An even better display, better battery life, better camera hardware and software, marginally better processor are givens. But just how much more headroom is there? Unless developers push the limits or we use smartphones in different ways, a 2012/13/14 flagship should last you a while...

All the above is speculation/hope.

We see companies become complacent and lose it all after being on the top (Nokia), it would be a shame to see Sony lose it all before they even got to the top, LOL.

My disappointment isn't with the OEMs this year, literally all of them seem to have delivered feasible, competitive products satisfying our needs. It's with developers and maybe slightly with OEMs not rethinking and expanding on what we use our smartphones for exactly. Nvidia seems to be going in a good direction, but I'm not a gamer, why would I care? Perhaps the lack of 64 bit and armv8 is slowing things down?

It's sad to see Qualcomm improving their chip 10%one year on. Disappointing. [addsig]
vivftp
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-07-26 06:29
Indeed, the people jumping on the supposed specs of the Z3 are getting ahead of themselves IMO. There are obvious design changes meant to address the complaints about the previous phones not being very hand friendly. The phone should be easier to hold, the power button, volume rocker and shutter buttons are larger. The flaps even looks like they may be even easier to access. We know an IR port has been integrated as well. The fact that things like the processor haven't been upgraded to the highest end chipset available aren't things that should worry us too much IMO because I'm going to speculate the Z3 should completely destroy those other high end phones in the battery life department.

Anyways, chances are there are still features about the phone we just don't know yet and won't know until much closer to launch, or at the launch itself. There's still hope for built in wireless charging and who knows what else.
amirprog
W800
PM
Posted: 2014-07-26 09:38
@Aycaramba
The only valid point you wrote is about mid range phones not being a good deal but this is not an issue that is exclusive to Sony. when you want to buy a new phone and you want a good deal you either buy last year flag or a low end phone which the best offer recently and still is: moto g. sony need to try rivaling the moto g. it seems that mid range phones can't really rival last year flags.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 287288289 ... 414415416  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic