Forum > General discussions > Rumours > SONY XPERIA Rumors 2014

Previous  123 ... 245246247 ... 414415416  Next
Author SONY XPERIA Rumors 2014
milukugiuniu
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-06-16 17:20
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
^ You could refer to my previous post about Z3c. There won't be remarkable upgrade of the HW wise. The major difference will be design language. Z3c is a super-beautiful device according to some people who has already seen it and hold it.

Concerning CPU, Sony will skip 805 and go directly to 810 next year.
-XYZ
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-06-16 17:44
Got any ideas when we might be seeing it?
The more I here about it being a beautiful device, the more I want to see it....

Also, Snapdragon 810 is the laziest and most ridiculously lame SoC that Qualcomm has put on the market. It's basically a 64-bit exynos with an Adreno GPU....

Sigh, unfortunate that there aren't many alternatives now....
RandomCarpet
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2014-06-16 19:17

On 2014-06-16 17:20:19, milukugiuniu wrote:
^ You could refer to my previous post about Z3c. There won't be remarkable upgrade of the HW wise. The major difference will be design language. Z3c is a super-beautiful device according to some people who has already seen it and hold it.

Concerning CPU, Sony will skip 805 and go directly to 810 next year.

Of course how beautiful it is going to be is largely a question of perception. Most people think that Z1, Z1 Compact and Z2 are super beautiful. I don't agree - Z and ZL are in my opinion more beautiful and Xperia S was even more beautiful than Z and ZL.

I really hope that the new design is going to be something that I will like
DexterMoser
Samsung Galaxy S 4
PM
Posted: 2014-06-16 19:35
Yeah, I want to see the new design!!!

We need some leak pics!
Galaxy S4 (S600)
Looking forward to the Sony Xperia Z4 (or 5)
Feynman about Beauty
ascariss
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2014-06-16 20:52
I know this is off topic slightly, but not sure how many here are watching the world cup but it seems that the players, not if all of them, or some or who ever wanted, are wearing a lot of Sony headphones, notably the MDR-10s I think, all in white by the looks of it hehe. Probably all free from Sony

when is the Z3c coming? CES 2015 or MWC 2015? I feel the 810 will not be ready for CES.
itsjustJOH
Sony Xperia L
PM
Posted: 2014-06-16 21:02
They are an official sponsor, and Z2 is the 2014 World Cup's official smartphone.
ascariss
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2014-06-16 21:55
I know, just surprised they are giving away headphones like that left and right to the players

What's next, 4k tvs
-XYZ
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-06-16 23:36

On 2014-06-16 21:55:10, ascariss wrote:
I know, just surprised they are giving away headphones like that left and right to the players

Marketing. Its millions of times cheaper to give famous role models; such as footballers, a set of headphones each, and get them to unintentionally advertise your product, than it is to actually have a TV/Radio/Billboard advertisement.

Super simple stuff.
Wintermute
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-06-17 04:51

On 2014-06-16 17:44:49, -XYZ wrote:
Got any ideas when we might be seeing it?
The more I here about it being a beautiful device, the more I want to see it....

Also, Snapdragon 810 is the laziest and most ridiculously lame SoC that Qualcomm has put on the market. It's basically a 64-bit exynos with an Adreno GPU....

Sigh, unfortunate that there aren't many alternatives now....

Oh come on, there's more to it than that. The Adreno 420 in the 805 is a new generation GPU that brings hardware tesselation to mobile, which could potentially be a huge benefit. The Adreno 430 in the S810 is something like 20-30% more powerful than that. I believe the S810 will also be the first SoC to feature hardware encode of H.265. In addition, there could be improvements to DSP, ISP, and the like. Maybe they were dozing a little bit with respect to 64-bit compatibility, but to be fair, who else do you see with custom designed 64-bit ARM cores ready to go into products now, besides Apple? Is there anybody? Apple took everybody by surprise with the introduction of the A7, not just Qualcomm. Besides, the A57 looks to be a pretty decent core. Anandtech says the combination of the new architecture plus the benefits derived from a smaller process could make it more than 50% faster than the A15.
ascariss
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2014-06-17 11:50
Anyone have any idea what the supposed name of the new mini tablet will be?

Will it be Xperia tablet Z mini? or what? or xperia tab 7?
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2014-06-17 13:56
Z2 Tablet Compact?
XperiaJunkie
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-06-17 19:45
Not sure if this has already been mentioned but the possibility of new QX style lens with 30x zoom on their way maybe at IFA 2014?
http://www.sonyalpharumors.co[....]x-camera-with-30x-zoom-coming/
I'm so happy 'cause today
I've found my friends ...
They're in my head
Xajel
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2014-06-18 08:22
OT warning, Samsung related...

I've been saying it here multiple times but some didn't believed me... before Galaxy S5 announcement I said several times that Samsung is preparing two versions of S5, the standard one with FullHD panel and another one with QHD panel...

The details I had that time were very limited... only there WILL be two versions, the FullHD will comes sooner than the QHD, the main reason is the QHD panels production but marketing plays a role here...

Originally Samsung hoped to have QHD for all S5's, but the production didn't help + they must introduce a QHD flagship as quickly as possible ( they want to keep the idea that they're always the better )...
So they tends with two versions, marketing played here again to hide everything about the QHD version in order to not affect the fHD version sales...

I said also that the QHD might come with a better SoC, but I didn't know if it was Samsung own SoC or a Qualcomm one as the details were very very limited... there was no info about the RAM but I heard it will be 3GB.. at that time we didn't know actually that the S5 will come with 2GB of RAM, so everybody was expecting 3GB for all S5 versions...

Now they have it officially released... but it seems it's only for Korea now ( Samsung QHD panels seems to be very hard to get in high quantity now )
An S5 clone with QHD panel and upgraded Snapdragon 805 SoC + 3GB of RAM... they're calling it "Galaxy S5 Broadband LTE-A" yeap, you read it correct !!

http://www.nextpowerup.com/ne[....]isplay-snapdragon-805-soc.html
MartenR
HTC One
PM
Posted: 2014-06-18 10:21
^ I think LG's strategy for beating Samsung is to first take Korea away from Samsung and then focus on markets which Samsung doesn't have that much exposure (Japan), after that the developing markets and as the final step, take over US and Europe. I think they have good chance of realizing it. This is why Samsung just announced a product at clearly below par margin or even loss. They want to interrupt LG's first step in road to domination. I think Korean government is supporting LG because Samsung's very very powerful in Korea and considering Korea's fast aging society they need tax revenues and if Samsung becomes so strong that refuse to pay taxes it would be catastrophical to social security of Korean citizens.
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2014-06-18 12:11

On 2014-06-18 08:22:23, Xajel wrote:
OT warning, Samsung related...

I've been saying it here multiple times but some didn't believed me... before Galaxy S5 announcement I said several times that Samsung is preparing two versions of S5, the standard one with FullHD panel and another one with QHD panel...

The details I had that time were very limited... only there WILL be two versions, the FullHD will comes sooner than the QHD, the main reason is the QHD panels production but marketing plays a role here...

Originally Samsung hoped to have QHD for all S5's, but the production didn't help + they must introduce a QHD flagship as quickly as possible ( they want to keep the idea that they're always the better )...
So they tends with two versions, marketing played here again to hide everything about the QHD version in order to not affect the fHD version sales...

I said also that the QHD might come with a better SoC, but I didn't know if it was Samsung own SoC or a Qualcomm one as the details were very very limited... there was no info about the RAM but I heard it will be 3GB.. at that time we didn't know actually that the S5 will come with 2GB of RAM, so everybody was expecting 3GB for all S5 versions...

Now they have it officially released... but it seems it's only for Korea now ( Samsung QHD panels seems to be very hard to get in high quantity now )
An S5 clone with QHD panel and upgraded Snapdragon 805 SoC + 3GB of RAM... they're calling it "Galaxy S5 Broadband LTE-A" yeap, you read it correct !!

http://www.nextpowerup.com/ne[....]isplay-snapdragon-805-soc.html

It's simply a repeat of last year, when they launched the Galaxy S4 with Exynos and a Qualcomm S600 then later in the year launched a Galaxy S4 LTE-A with Qualcomm S800 and gave it a limited release, this all goes back to the Galaxy S2 - Galaxy S2 HD LTE days, nothing new, again, limited release.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 245246247 ... 414415416  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic