Add to Bookmarks
Previous  123 ... 200201202 ... 414415416  Next
Author SONY XPERIA Rumors 2014
S4k1s
Sony Xperia Z5
PM
Posted: 2014-04-13 19:46
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Got nothing to say really, just 3000 posts!
DexterMoser
Samsung Galaxy S 4
PM
Posted: 2014-04-13 20:34
Haha

Well now IT'S OVER THREE THOUSAND
Galaxy S4 (S600)
Looking forward to the Sony Xperia Z4 (or 5)
Feynman about Beauty
amirprog
W800
PM
Posted: 2014-04-13 20:49
Just wondering, where did razec the thread opener gone and why the first page is not updated with the latest rumors?
CrownedAkuma
Sony Xperia Z2
PM
Posted: 2014-04-14 08:57

On 2014-04-13 20:34:54, DexterMoser wrote:
Haha

Well now IT'S OVER THREE THOUSAND

Imagine when he'll go OVER NINE THOUSAND!!!
OMG

BTW

GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS
If you are interested the Beta of CCleaner for Android has been released! and it is ready to download and instal
https://www.piriform.com/blog/2014/4/3/ccleaner-for-android

I would try the hell out of this if I only had an Android device
So go try it NAOOOW!

This are the feature as of now...
"The feature set is already extensive and full of essential tools to keep your devices running like new:

Optimize - Browser History, Application Cache, Clipboard and more
Clean - Call Logs and SMS messages individually, in bulk, by age or by contact
Reclaim storage space by quickly removing unwanted applications
Monitor your CPU, RAM, storage space and battery levels

And that's just the beginning, we're also working on:

Process management and RAM cleaning
Custom folder cleaning
Features for rooted devices
And much, much more!

These additional features will be released in the next few weeks!"

[ This Message was edited by: CrownedAkuma on 2014-04-14 09:04 ]
XperiaCute
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-04-14 09:51

Here is something you guys might find it very interesting .. Sony earlier give a hint it's going to adopt Firefox OS near the future ..

and hence Firefox OS seams to kick off with it's second version 2.0 that upcoming this summer ..

some leak screenshot of the OS ..

More in the source ..

http://translate.google.com/t[....]2F%23%21prettyPhoto&edit-text=
[ This Message was edited by: XperiaCute on 2014-04-14 08:53 ]
CrownedAkuma
Sony Xperia Z2
PM
Posted: 2014-04-14 10:02

On 2014-04-14 09:51:02, XperiaCute wrote:

Here is something you guys might find it very interesting .. Sony earlier give a hint it's going to adopt Firefox OS near the future ..

and hence Firefox OS seams to kick off with it's second version 2.0 that upcoming this summer ..

some leak screenshot of the OS ..

More in the source ..

http://translate.google.com/t[....]2F%23%21prettyPhoto&edit-text=
[ This Message was edited by: XperiaCute on 2014-04-14 08:53 ]

I wanted to answer cu01750 (I do not remember the exact number) saying that he forgot about a major player, Firefox OS, seems you've already done it! Sony already supports Firefox OS... and if their OS grow enough it will get BIG... I love their software so maybe it could be something good and different!
Maybe we'll see some Xperia phones dual-booting Android and Firefox! it would be great

EDIT 1
Already found a Dual Booting Android and Firefox device
http://shop.geeksphone.com/en/3-phones
Seems good!

EDIT 2
So I started searching and browsing and found this
https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/labs/fxos-simulator/
It's a Firefox OS simulator to use in the Firefox browser... I do not know anout the excistence of this up until now so I'm posting it here for everyone! it is great to get a feel of the OS! really interesting stuff!
Try it out if you are curious about it
[ This Message was edited by: CrownedAkuma on 2014-04-14 09:57 ]
XperiaCute
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-04-14 11:49
Firefox OS has been out for a long time , what really interesting is the Major redesignreskine it'll get this summer

Firefox OS 2.0 seems very attractive, I hope Sony will announce their first firefox phone this year as well ..

[ This Message was edited by: XperiaCute on 2014-04-14 10:54 ]
HxH
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2014-04-14 14:52
Sony Music: Official song FIFA 2014 World Cup

What do you guys think

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoD8SCoL-2Q

especially @Felimenta97 or anyone that would love to give comment about this?
[ This Message was edited by: HxH on 2014-04-14 14:05 ]
SONY x Sexy x Sleek x Solid x Stunner x Stylish : Nozomi/Kagura with Love.
bambarah
Aino White
PM
Posted: 2014-04-14 19:48
Android 4.5 Preview
Felimenta97
Sony Xperia S
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-04-14 20:41

On 2014-04-14 14:52:56, HxH wrote:
Sony Music: Official song FIFA 2014 World Cup

What do you guys think

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoD8SCoL-2Q

especially @Felimenta97 or anyone that would love to give comment about this?
[ This Message was edited by: HxH on 2014-04-14 14:05 ]

Just because I'm Brazilian? Lol

Anyway, I've never been a fan of Pitbull music. He's the one know of stealing other people's songs, isn't it? We have a guy just like that...

But, to be honest, just like the 2010 South Africa theme song, they tried and failed miserably at using the host country's culture on the song. Last year, they used a Latin singer to sing some stuff in Spanish and english, and use some words from some African language. Maybe some instruments, but...

This year, same thing, a Latin guy (c'mon, we are not Latin) singing in Spanish and English, with some Portuguese words in the middle (We speak Portuguese, god damn, haven't Americans learnt that yet?), some instruments + but of style of our songs, but... It doesn't feel like a Brazilian song lol... All in all, I dislike it even more than the Waka Waka one...

Also, is anyone coming to see the World Cup? If anyone is, and want some basic tips about the country, let me know. Will gladly help
I don't get people. Never Have, never will.
cu015170
Nokia 808 PureView
PM
Posted: 2014-04-14 21:12
I forgot about Firefox OS.. that is indeed another potential competitor.

In order for any of those to have a chance at being successful, we need to get rid of the "APP" model created by the cartel. Its all about the APPS.. if you don't have apps, you don't have a chance. So if we somehow (using html5 or whatever) manage to bypass the current APP model, there will be opportunity for new things to grow.

The other thing is all the services that Google, Apple, and Microsoft offer on top of their platforms.

Apple: siri, maps, iTunes, iCloud, facetime, imessage
Google: google now, maps, gmail, drive, docs, hangouts, g+, youtube, google play
Microsoft: cortana, maps, bing, outlook, office, onedrive, Skype, xbox video+music

Siri, Cortana, and google now are all cloud/search engine powered .. so for any of the upcoming OSs to be able to compete they either need to license the technology from the big 3, or come up with their own.

On 2014-04-13 00:42:19, Arisato wrote:

Well it seems we share a common point here. I too wouldn't say it's easily possible to popularize a new OS for any company let alone a hardware one like Sony. I'm just saying they can make a OS and it will be helpful for them in the future, even if they can't beat apple or google. And we should notice if a hardware becomes popular, OS would get developer support as well. So its not impossible for Sony to do that.

I agree. I think having full control of your own "eco" system is extremely important. That's why I was so mad when Nokia let MS inside and destroy all of their own efforts..

Sony should quietly invest into making their own platform

On 2014-04-13 00:42:19, Arisato wrote:
if someday other software platforms become prevalent, the only differentiator would be hardware and content(music games videos), which Sony has both of them.

Considering that most of the OS development happens in Silicon Valley, the likelihood of that next big OS coming form there is very high. We will have to wait and see, but I find it very hard to believe that anyone can challenge the cartel in the next 5-8 years.

Hardware differentiation is very important amongst the OEMs.. Google really don't care all that much. They know that the OEMs will be fighting amongst each other for market share, which is VERY good for the platforms since they will push one another into more hardware innovation over time. The same thing happened to the PC business in the 90s.. its a win/win for the software provider.

On 2014-04-13 11:56:08, motvikt wrote:
It still amazes me that some people here actually think Sony can push their own OS when a company like Microsoft which is like 100 times more powerful than Sony fails

They aren't really that much more "powerful" ... they do have a very solid revenue stream and piles of cash sitting outside of the US.. so they can afford to keep pouring money into Windows Phone until it takes off, and I think that they are very close now.. another 20 months or so and it should be smooth sailing, especially if they get Sony on board.

But more importantly, they have the necessary tools to make it work. In their core, they are a pure software company..

On 2014-04-13 13:20:07, -XYZ wrote:
Sony doesn't have enough money to make their own competitive OS.
End of discussion.

Its not about the money.. Sony bring in solid numbers and the revenue stream is relatively stable. Its more about infrastructure and the core business model. Its like having BMW compete in the tire business.. yes, they use tires, but their understanding of the tire business would be very poor.

The same is valid for the software companies who are trying to make their own hardware. So far Apple is the only successful company who can produce both the hardware and the software equally well. It took them almost 6 years to figure out how to make a phone, but they kept at it and made it happen..

Google tried with Motorola, but I think all they wanted is the patent portfolio because their own was so weak to begin with. Its pretty obvious that they rather out source the hardware production and branding to an OEM such as LG, Sammy, etc.

Microsoft have been trying to get into the hardware business for years, and one could say that they are in fact a hardware manufacturer as well base don their Xbox sales, but still.. the xbox was never on par with the PlayStation in terms of craftsmanship, power, or packaging in general.

The Surface line is a very good try as well, it has to be said, but still.. very little success.

They had to purchase one of the largest phone manufactures in the world to be able to compete in the mobile/tablet/smartphone race. They can't do it on their own. Post Nokia purchase one could say that they are now a hardware manufacturer, but we all know that they are not.. they just bough it.

I don't know if this situation can be compared to the Ericsson-Sony one.. Personally I don't think Sony would've been able to make it without Ericsson's IP, but that's just my take.
Arisato
Xperia Neo Black
PM
Posted: 2014-04-15 05:27
^^^
Well said
jonfensu
Xperia Neo Black
PM
Posted: 2014-04-16 04:27
Back to the topic
Sony D6603 model number appears again in leaked screenshot
[ This Message was edited by: jonfensu on 2014-04-16 03:28 ]
franky900320
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2014-04-16 09:32
Just for curiosity....any news or rumours regarding the Z3 or maybe a Z ultra 2??
What do you guys think about D6603?? just a prototype device or perhaps a new device??
motvikt
T68i
PM
Posted: 2014-04-16 10:17
Hopefully Sony will scrap Xperia z3 now when z2 has been so delayed. It would be ridiculous to have a flagship for less than six months
[ This Message was edited by: motvikt on 2014-04-16 10:06 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 200201202 ... 414415416  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic