Forum > General discussions > Rumours > SONY XPERIA Rumors 2014

Previous  123 ... 186187188 ... 414415416  Next
Author SONY XPERIA Rumors 2014
Muhammad-Oli
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2014-03-19 21:17
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Our unique custom interface experience: “Xperia Themes”, with downloadable UI packs from Sony Select – skin up to 280 assets across your Xperia smartphone with a variety of styles, and more to follow soon…

That sounds really interesting actually... but I hope Sony isn't bloating their UI.
This message was posted in the mail
2008, 2009, 2010 Best Australasian Member.
RandomCarpet
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2014-03-19 22:36
That's not something new Theme support was introduced with the 4.3 update for Z1, Z, Z Ultra, ZR, SP, T, V, etc.
Muhammad-Oli
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2014-03-19 22:58

On 2014-03-19 22:36:55, RandomCarpet wrote:
That's not something new Theme support was introduced with the 4.3 update for Z1, Z, Z Ultra, ZR, SP, T, V, etc.

Oh I see. I must have missed it when I had my Z, or maybe I didn't get that update before I sold it.
This message was posted in the mail
2008, 2009, 2010 Best Australasian Member.
vivftp
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-03-20 04:36
http://news.cnet.com/8301-103[....]velopment-eying-apple-samsung/

Hopefully this means better performance from Sony products across the board, including mobile. QA seems to be an issue that has cropped up over time and I hope this move gets rid of those complaints once and for all.
Xajel
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2014-03-20 08:49
^^^

Very good step for Sony, They're already suffering from this, and this is why they tend to have not so high-end parts coz they can't guarantee the supply... having lower order counts but with higher quantities per each order means the suppliers will love it and give them more priority and lower the price per unit also...
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2014-03-21 08:18
People expecting a much better camera on the Z3 need to tone down their expectations I believe

Same 20.7 MP as Z1/Z2
1/2.4" vs 1/2.3" so very slightly smaller sensor probably to fit in the "Arc" body

1.12um pixel size vs 1.2um on Z1/Z2.

Even though the sensor is slightly smaller IQ should be slightly better than Z2 mainly due to software enhancements and also the benefits of newer hardware technologies.

More than likely same sensor will be on Z4 as well.

Z5 will get the next new sensor.
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2014-03-21 07:19 ]
Wishmaster89
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2014-03-21 08:33
Interesting...
Can't wait to see how will the combined omnibalance and 'arc' language look like. Hopefully they'll be able to keep the sturdiness and classy look of their current Z1/Z2. They should also remember about stereo speakers
amirprog
W800
PM
Posted: 2014-03-21 09:44
@randomuser
nice to know nonetheless because they constantly improving the same camera since the z1 and would be nice if they substantially improve the quality until Q4.

talking about the z3, i would love to see the following upgrades over z2 or at least some of them:
DISPLAY:.
1. 5.2-5.5 inch QHD IPS LCD.
DESIGN:
1. exposed waterproof mini USB port.
2. thinner bezel.
3. front, back and camera lens sapphire glass with scratch resistance and oleophobic coating and without a film.
4. "self healing" chassis if possible.
5. a different design.
PROCCESSOR:
1. S810.
2. 4GB RAM.
STORAGE:
1. minimum of 32gb internal storage.
CAMERA:
1. substantially better camera software.
2. 3 dimensional OIS.
3. true tone dual LED.
4. the newer thinner xenon flash module if possible.
BATTERY:
1. bigger battery.
OTHER:
1. IR.
2. reliable none swipe fingerprint scanner or tap combination to unlock.
3. the new USB 3.0 standard port.
4. 3 microphones – HD voice.

it can't really get any better then this in 2014.
[ This Message was edited by: amirprog on 2014-03-21 08:53 ]
miromiromi
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-03-21 09:51
should sony pursue the arc body?

i think it looks too sexy. it has a somewhat feminine look. the xperia t was like a masculine arc but it looked bulky. will sony want to risk losing the potential male buyers?

i just hope sony refuses to ride on the QHD bandwagon. that does not really make sense. they're better off putting two displays on the phone or more camera lenses a la lytro or that one demoed by that company at MWC.

maybe they can just put a smaller secondary display at the back for the reading of notifications and composition of emails. this display should look like it disappears when not turned on (not to ruin the design).

or they can also attach a thin "keypad mat" at the back coupled with a small amoled display for composing texts. it will be like a case and it can address the complaints of those who are complaining about having a lot of smudges. it will also provide the advantage of being able to compose messages without looking at the display.

also, i hope they can derive some inspiration from sharp on reducing the bezels.

if sharp can, sony should be able to do the same. of course, it should not look like that sharp phone. it's ugly. it only has near-zero bezels to brag. but that phone proves that there's no excuse for not having thinner bezels even in a water-resistant smartphone, because that phone is also IPX7 certified.
[ This Message was edited by: miromiromi on 2014-03-21 09:46 ]
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2014-03-21 10:05
@amirprog

Very few of those things u mentioned will actually make it.

CPU- S805 and 3GB RAM

The only major upgrade over the Z2 would be chipset (S805 with Adreno 420) and the newer design. Rest of the things will not see a huge jump. Significant reduction in bezels is also not going to happen unless there is a new technological breakthrough.

Z1 last year was a "bomb" mainly because Sony was behind the competition until the Z. With the Z1 Sony caught up or went past the competition. But now things are not the same and it's only going to be incremental updates here on.

And about the Z2 Ultra, apparently it's going to sport an ever bigger display than its predecessor.
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2014-03-21 09:08 ]
amirprog
W800
PM
Posted: 2014-03-21 10:09
@miromiromi
i don't mind if they keep the omnibalance design, it's great, but after 2 years with more or less the same design it would be reasonable to change it. second thing is that the arc design should give them more top bezel space to fit the camera sensor and possibly new internals like some i mentioned above including thinner bezel (?).
about QHD, so you basically saying that they should delay the inevitable? it looks that all Q4 flagships are going to carry QHD display. i see no reason to delay it if sony wants tobe in the forefront and not stay behind in spec race. i'm sure they will find ways to maintain at least the same battery life.
@randomuser
oh well, one can only hope.
about the z2 ultra, seriously? so they will keep targeting it as tablet and not change it to bigger flagship like the note with smaller dimensions? well, in the other hand Z2 is boarderline with phablet size so it's not completely senseless but its hard to find a reason to keep the z ultra a tablet with phone capabilities then make it bigger flagship in terms of sales... sony do care about sales, right?
[ This Message was edited by: amirprog on 2014-03-21 09:23 ]
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2014-03-21 10:19
Yeah I'm baffled by this decision too

The Z Ultra didn't have great sales either so I have no idea why Sony wants to go for an ever bigger screen size. Probably this time they will keep the bezels in check by getting rid of IP certification and offer a huge screen in say a slightly smaller than Z Ultra form factor.

miromiromi
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-03-21 10:39

On 2014-03-19 21:17:31, Muhammad-Oli wrote:
Our unique custom interface experience: “Xperia Themes”, with downloadable UI packs from Sony Select – skin up to 280 assets across your Xperia smartphone with a variety of styles, and more to follow soon…

That sounds really interesting actually... but I hope Sony isn't bloating their UI.

no, they aren't. they'll make you do it
when your phone slows down, it becomes your fault

@amirprog

i don't think it makes sense having QHD on a smartphone when they have not even upgraded the resolution of the tablet z2.
they should have implemented QHD on the tablet z2.
[ This Message was edited by: miromiromi on 2014-03-21 09:44 ]
amirprog
W800
PM
Posted: 2014-03-21 10:59
i think i know where sony is going according to randomuser info.
they don't want to follow the phablet flagship herd because:
1. Z2 size is boarderline with phablet size and in the next years they will have the ability to fill more surface with display (similar to the g2 display to bezel ratio) while maintaining waterproof, etc. so that means that with the same Z2 size they will be able to fit something like 5.5" display.
2. making the ultra with waterproof and same Z2 specs will make it either too big to carry as phone or too small and too close to Z2 size to make a difference.
3. they have evolving compact size flagship that answers people that wants smaller device so even making the Z2 a bit bigger as note 3 size should not be a problem.

it actually makes sense now.
[ This Message was edited by: amirprog on 2014-03-21 10:06 ]
>>SAMEH
C905 Black
PM
Posted: 2014-03-21 23:15

On 2014-03-21 10:05:31, randomuser wrote:
@amirprog

Very few of those things u mentioned will actually make it.

CPU- S805 and 3GB RAM

The only major upgrade over the Z2 would be chipset (S805 with Adreno 420) and the newer design. Rest of the things will not see a huge jump. Significant reduction in bezels is also not going to happen unless there is a new technological breakthrough.

any dedicated sound chip? or any major improvement on the audio sector.. "Hi-Res ready" for example

C905.. who'll be the next?
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 186187188 ... 414415416  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic