Forum > General discussions > Rumours > SONY XPERIA Rumors 2014

Previous  123 ... 123124125 ... 414415416  Next
Author SONY XPERIA Rumors 2014
motvikt
T68i
PM
Posted: 2014-01-24 22:33
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Fully agree with ascariss, the T2 ultra is the perfect size for a phablet. The sad fact is that ultra has been a flop and it's because it's too big. 6 inch, 810 and 2k is what I'm hoping for
amirprog
W800
PM
Posted: 2014-01-24 22:41
in my opinion, and i emphasize on that, if they want the ultra to have a chance to be really successful then above all it should have the same specs of the flagship. the note is successful mostly for that reason. people who buy it don't compromise on spec for big display - they get it BIGGER and BETTER then gs. about built in pen, let's see - prediction of the next ultra: bigger camera sensor with LED flash+waterproof design+bigger battery (especially if it has 2k display)+built in pen+the fact that sony don't like phones with thick profile = it won't have a built in pen.
i tend to agree on the display size - 6" will be more pocket friendly.
[ This Message was edited by: amirprog on 2014-01-24 21:49 ]
CrownedAkuma
Sony Xperia Z2
PM
Posted: 2014-01-24 23:34
- New calendar app come with forecast for the next 8 days... NEAT

- WHAT'S NEW app and widget

Wintermute
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-01-24 23:58

On 2014-01-24 22:22:46, ascariss wrote:Who knows if it will be called ultra, if it will, then perhaps it won't be smaller, but at this moment, the ZU as a device is a failure, it sold poorly but sony has only themselves to blame for that, it created a new segment where one was not needed. Too large and lacking features to compete with the note from sammie, and too small to compete against 7 inch tablets, and of course too high of a price.

I am sure most will disagree with my view on the ZU above. Sony's first try at a phablet was not what I expected.

6 inch screen will be the largest for me that I can use for it to be comfortable, the Z1 already feels a tad large and is sometimes hard to use one handed.

As for cluttering up the design, I don't see how a wacom pen like the note would do that, seeing as the Z1 is 0.2mm thicker than the note 3 which can easily fit the pen in it's body. I'm sure if anyone could integrate a stylus into the body and hide it well, it is Sony. As for adding bulk, it needs to happen if people want a better camera on the device and flash, otherwise currently at 6.5 mm, none of those are possible on the device.

Anyways, each his own. But a 2K screen would be nice with 4K video recording, videos on the device would look amazing.

How do you know the ZU sold poorly? Can you quote the numbers, please? I'm not saying you're wrong, but I have not seen any sales numbers, and would be interested if you could provide them. Also, calling it a "failure" I think depends on your expectations. First of all, Sony is still struggling to work their way up at this point. They're not selling tens of millions of individual models like Samsung or Apple. Lower sales numbers in general are to be expected. Second, I'm pretty sure that Sony knew that a gigantic 6.4" phablet was not going to dethrone the iPhone this year. Whatever the wild-ass motive was that induced them to introduce the ZU (and I'm very thankful that they did) is one that is not going to be affected by a low number of units moved. They knew they weren't going to sell ten million of these, especially the first generation. Third, the unit was glowingly reviewed almost everywhere.

Perhaps it was a little too large too soon. I would not surprised if one out of four or five people were carrying around a phone roughly the size of the ZU in three or four years, but I think it's like that scene in Back to the Future: "Maybe you all aren't ready for that, but trust me: your kids are gonna love it." But, it seems like if they put a little effort into it, they have a pretty decent amount of room to cut down on the size of the device without reducing the screen size.

Anyway, I disagree that it's lacking features compared to the Note 3. Let's make a list of the main benefits of Note 3 over ZU: smaller size; 1 GB more RAM; USB 3.0; stylus. I've covered size. Average person on the street doesn't really know what RAM is, and they have no idea what USB 3.0 is. They might not even like it, when they see the new plug is different than the ones they're used to. And I've never, ever seen a regular person actually use the stylus on a Note. Not one time. I know there are some very loud individuals on Internet fora who insist that they're working on the next Mona Lisa on their phone and they can't do it without Wacom, and yadda yadda, but they're a tiny minority. To be clear, I'm not arguing against integrating Wacom functionality into the device, just against actually having a slot for it on the phone.

Anyway again, this is all just my opinion, and I know everybody has their own. I just get a little animated talking about the ZU, because I love mine so much (even just checking email I think, 'Wow, this is a great phone!') and I'm excited about the future possibilities for the line. Anyway, I'm sure that even if the next ZU isn't exactly what I'd want, it's still going to be a great phone, and probably one that I'll buy. I do have faith in the new Sony.
Away
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2014-01-25 00:55
You can't just create a niche product and then go back because it didn't set the market on fire...

I always understood the Z Ultra to be a showcase of ability, from the thinness to the premium build and materials to the design - most importantly though - the screen and overall media capabilities, which is what Sony seems to be focusing on...

To make a u-turn would be stupid, and you can bet on other manufacturers taking that space this year...

Looking at it with another angle, if the Z Ultra was supposed to beat the note 3 in sales, who had the idea to make it so large?

I prefer it to be a new line of devices, not just a larger flagship, but an ultra large one - hence ultra.

If Sony want to take on the note, they need to create a max or something in between the Ultra and the flagship, to give up the 6.4" screen would be a massive disappointment.

For the same reason, abandoning the play was a bad move. It would have matured into something a lot more mainstream by now - at least have a clip on controller.

Excited about the tablets though!
Wintermute
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-01-25 01:10
Well said, Away, I agree totally. I would love to see, going forward, a high-end ~4.3," a flagship 5.0," a ~5.7" phablet, and then the Ultra line, at 6.4+". Not sure how feasible it would be from a manufacturing and logistics standpoint, but it'd be nice to have something for everyone.
Away
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2014-01-25 01:46
Not only would that be feasible, it would be desirable. It should be the objective of the Z line.

Anyway, Sony really have missed a golden opportunity with the Z Ultra, and they have a second chance as long as they make it's successor with at least the same screen size.

The Z Ultra should not have been marketed as a larger phone, slightly optimised for the larger screen and the best multimedia cellular device.

What it should have been marketed as was a revolutionary system - and for that it would need a waterproof mini-phone sidekick right out of the box.

Imagine: for the multimedia, do what it currently does. The best screen for watching videos, and even some productivity (viewing documents with a larger screen). But when you use it to actually make a call, a Bluetooth mini-phone with a week-long battery life you can easily use. Then, literally no one would stay away from it if they preferred larger screens, just not that large...

I know that idea was there to an extent with the SBH52, but the Z Ultra wasn't marketed with primarily that way to use it. You can swap Bluetooth mini-phone for Bluetooth headset etc, but you wouldn't be able to dial with that.

vivftp
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-01-25 02:08

On 2014-01-24 14:01:58, ardian wrote:
guys chill out Sony has something very beautiful for us imagine arc and z1 together

Very exciting news

I think I might be able to safely say that either this 2H flagship or the next Ultra shall be my next. This other phone that's been leaked seems like it'll be a good enough phone, but not nearly good enough to justify me jumping from my Z Ultra to it.

I wonder if we might see Sony one day fuse the qualities of their ruggedized phones into the flagship models. By that I mean make the phone tough enough to withstand drops and whatnot. If they're using some form of curved glass for this flagship then I have to imagine it'll be a tough material capable of withstanding some punishment.
jonfensu
Xperia Neo Black
PM
Posted: 2014-01-25 04:14
@vivftp

What ZOMG thinks about ardian said?
Could you ask him, please, If sony is going to release a D5502 model...
Thanks in advanced
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-01-25 08:24
@jonfensu
Xxxx2 models I'd guess were likely, but who knows
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
vikeviki
K810 Blue
PM
Posted: 2014-01-25 08:53
OMG

But when is this Rrc 2 Xperia releases,is it on 2H,what about Sirius,which one to buy,heavily confused
amirprog
W800
PM
Posted: 2014-01-25 13:10
Curved phones are a fashion thing, not more. don't get me wrong, it's nice for people who likes to spend money on this fashion, but it lacks any real benefit in use and has high price tag and dumb down specs. it's kind of like these vertu phones. i don't think we will ever see curved flagships, unless they dumb down the specs which will never happen. i see them as broken faulty devices. it's kind of like watching a 3d movie - it looks cool at first, but then you don't want to watch a 3d movie any more, maybe only on special occasions. flexible foldable phones on the other hand will be a real advancement, like 4K content is as opposed to 3d.
[ This Message was edited by: amirprog on 2014-01-25 12:27 ]
argiriano
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2014-01-25 14:00

On 2014-01-25 13:10:26, amirprog wrote:
Curved phones are a fashion thing, not more. don't get me wrong, it's nice for people who likes to spend money on this fashion, but it lacks any real benefit in use and has high price tag and dumb down specs. it's kind of like these vertu phones.
[ This Message was edited by: amirprog on 2014-01-25 12:27 ]

Strongly disagree with this comment. Arc design actually is more functional than style-based thing. For a small handed people arc design actually give more freedom to use their device one-handed 'cause this design make the phone width smaller by some margin which is kindda usefull.
And it looks awesome!
-XYZ
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-01-25 14:38
I think they're talking more about the LG G Flex/Samsung Galaxy Curve styled stupid "bendy" phones, which serve literally no function aside from looking cool for about 5 minutes. Complete waste of time and space.

Arc design was cool, but I want them to try something new and unique. Maybe a new take on Omnibalance with a fully metallic body and better ergonomics.

In addition, I hope Sony try to make the next Compact Flagship with a 4.5-4.7 inch screen, but fit it into the Z1 compact form-factor. Minimum bezels like the Moto X.
Away
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2014-01-25 15:01
Arc design would be better ergonomics...
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 123124125 ... 414415416  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic