Previous  123 ... 101112 ... 414415416  Next
Author SONY XPERIA Rumors 2014
reeflotz
Hazel
PM
Posted: 2013-10-21 13:27
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@ apolloa

If the leaked pictures are legit with that side by side comparison then I'd say Z1-s is impossible to be the Z1 T-Mobile, because the headphone jack and side flaps placement are different from Z1.
[ This Message was edited by: reeflotz on 2013-10-21 12:28 ]
Hazel J20i [Bricked], Sony Xperia Go
reeflotz.blogspot.com
reeflotz@deviantart
mobisekim
X2 Black
PM
Posted: 2013-10-21 14:39
Eldar Murtazin

"The Sony basic problem is that the people doing the cameras do not have the time to do it , and so with the hardware and software are working and those who engaged in smartphones in general. The result is seen directly. Interestingly, in Sony recognized this problem in 2013, and after the restructuring can be expected that this trend will improve greatly - first results we can see , in January 2014 , if the company did decide to present at CES in Las Vegas its updated flagship. While in Sony discussing what it should show in Barcelona in February , while the U.S. does not demonstrate novelty."

http://www.mobile-review.com/articles/2013/birulki-247.shtml#s2
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2013-10-21 15:45
I hope Sony mobile sensors would top at 20MP for the next gen smartphones, while steadily increasing its physical size (up to 1/2" if possible or the current thickness) as well as its sensitivity and DR, and FoV becoming even wider (24mm would be really welcome) then a real BIONZ chip as well. I'm also hoping for an improved Superior Auto resolution at 9.1-10.1MP as 8mp just don't cut it these days, especially when it's essentially as pixel dense as a 4K video. I think Sony can make those possible but only time will tell
[ This Message was edited by: razec on 2013-10-21 14:47 ]
10 years at Esato
xdomino996
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2013-10-21 18:56
I hope Sony give OIS in Z2
apolloa
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2013-10-21 19:13
@reflotz

True, but then it makes no sense why they are different from the Z1f either? Meh either way it's very good news that we have a bit more rumour about the international Z1f version
reeflotz
Hazel
PM
Posted: 2013-10-22 03:33
yeah, I'd prefer a slightly smaller Z1 too , about the Japan version, yup I agree it's also quite different unlike the previous handsets Japan version only have slight changes with their international counterparts.
reeflotz.blogspot.com
reeflotz@deviantart
u2jewel
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2013-10-22 05:58
This Z1 S is a real mystery, ins't it?

Latest gossip is that it is the LTE variant of Z1, but this argument makes no sense to me.

Since SD800 SoC have radio built in, if necessary(?), the only physical difference would be the antenna.

So, why would Sony bother making a different mold and design a differing layout, if theoretically both HSPA+ and LTE variants can be had on one, just like Z Ultra?

IF all the specs between Z1 and Z1S were the same, I cannot understand the route Sony took, since this means higher production cost. What about FCC and all the troublesome procedures?

Maybe I missed it, but there's been no new Xperia going through FCC which matches this description.
If it really is the same phone with modified layout, isn't it necessary for it to go through FCC once more? And, even if it isn't necessary, how can Sony justify higher expenses without a valid reason?
Hard to believe Z1 had design flaws which they are going to address with a revised model..
Hard to believe T-Mob required an exclusive model.

The same arguments can be applied when speculating it as an international version of Z1 f?

what conclusions can be reached?
reeflotz
Hazel
PM
Posted: 2013-10-22 06:52
^ or it could just be a manipulated photoshoppped image for all we know , nah, kidding, anyway so this should be on January 2014? Don't worry time flies by fast during this time of the year, it'll be January in no time.
reeflotz.blogspot.com
reeflotz@deviantart
amirprog
W800
PM
Posted: 2013-10-22 10:01
My sensible 2014 announcements prediction for the high end devices:
January CES: Z1 Ultra, Tablet Z1
February MWC: Z2
somewhere between: Z2 mini
July: Z2 Ultra
September IFA: Z3
somewhere after: Z3 mini

It makes the most sense to me. What are your thoughts?
[ This Message was edited by: amirprog on 2013-10-22 09:03 ]
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-10-22 11:50
I wouldn't expect the Ultra line to get a 6-monthly update, the market for the over-sized devices is much smaller and doesn't warrant such a frequent refresh cycle.

I'm also not sure the 6-monthly refreshes will get a full integer upgrade in the naming scheme. I know you're not suggesting those as the names necessarily, but it would make most sense to have everything in 2014 be numbered with the same number. Saying that, it's been a while since the naming conventions at Sony Mobile made any sense.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
amirprog
W800
PM
Posted: 2013-10-22 12:27

On 2013-10-22 11:50:35, Ricky D wrote:
I wouldn't expect the Ultra line to get a 6-monthly update, the market for the over-sized devices is much smaller and doesn't warrant such a frequent refresh cycle.

I'm also not sure the 6-monthly refreshes will get a full integer upgrade in the naming scheme. I know you're not suggesting those as the names necessarily, but it would make most sense to have everything in 2014 be numbered with the same number. Saying that, it's been a while since the naming conventions at Sony Mobile made any sense.

About the ultra, yes, can also make sense. You are saying that maybe the ultra will be updated every calendar year. Maybe sony doesn't want to sell a lot of ultra devices. It seems like they want to make a huge display just for the sake of being unique. They don't care that most people will buy a tablet for big screen when they want to use it and keep their smartphone in their pocket all the time then buy the over sized ultra and be "punished" to carry a bag all the time. Most people also don't wear jackets all the year, some don't wear jackets at all, hehe. To sony i think, the Z1 also takes the phablet place because it's not far from the note 3 size.
They should just shrink the ultra display to 6 inch imo which is the new phablet standard display size (lumina 1520, htc one max) and by that it will maybe still be able to be carried in pants pocket.
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2013-10-22 12:43
I think it's quite sensible to expect Xperia Tablet "Z1 "on Q1 2014, here's hoping it would carry all the specs unique to ZU (especially the pencil input tech)
10 years at Esato
MartenR
HTC One
PM
Posted: 2013-10-22 16:49
Sony sold nearly 1million Xperia C's in 3 month period.
http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20131021PD201.html
lewiztoner
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-10-22 17:55
Link text...

DIGITIMES [Monday 21 October 2013]

Korea- and China-based TV vendors are looking to cooperate with QD Vision, a maker of quantum dot technology, to develop Ultra HD TV products in 2014.

QD Vision's quantum dot technology has so far only been used in Sony TV products based off agreements between the two companies. However, a one-year contract between the two sides stating that QD Vision would give exclusive rights to the technology to Sony came to an end in third-quarter 2013, which has begun to spur the attention of TV vendors throughout Asia.

The vendors are looking to cooperate with QD Vision to develop Ultra HD TV panels with NTSC 100% and above set to be released in 2014. Currently most of Sony's Ultra HD TV models are equipped with NTSC 90% and above and have been well received in the market.

Despite other vendors looking to cooperate with QD Vision, Sony still plans to maintain strong relations with QD Vision and also plans to release more Ultra HD TVs in 2014 with NTSC 100% and above specifications.

Market observers meanwhile said that OLED TVs have NTSC 125% and above but still have high material costs, making it difficult for the technology to compete in the market.

Sony to no longer be only Ultra HD TV vendor featuring QD Vision quantum dot technology.

how will Sony differentiate its future flagship smartphone screen from others? Will they use Triluminous and Whitemagic together, or ntsc 100%,or ...?
itsjustJOH
Sony Xperia L
PM
Posted: 2013-10-22 18:17
^Triluminos is what they used QD for. And since Sony started it, it can only be improved by others and also Sony until a new tech comes around.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 101112 ... 414415416  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic