Add to Bookmarks
Previous  123 ... 359360361 ... 369370371  Next
Author Sony Xperia Z1
jcwhite_uk
Sony Xperia Z1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-04-13 00:34
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I would do arepair install as soon as PC Companion decides that it will backup my data without crashing!
Checkout my photos at My Website

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."
djin
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2014-04-13 03:24
@jcwhite_uk, Try connecting your phone to some other usb port. I spent hours with the back up and restore giving me errors but when I changed from usb 3.0 to a normal 2.0 port it worked. Also, if your re installing the firmware solely for the wallpaper bug, then I dont really recommend going thru all that hassle. It should be fixed with the next update.
--

Also, when you update to kitkat, there are a few bugs, even with the sound fix. First few days, the phone will run hot and the battery will drain quicker. But the positives are that the on screen time(especially web browsing) has been improved, but I do not see any change in the standby power usage(may have been slightly less). Also, if you use miracast, then it is finally working.

As for quick settings, you will get used to it. I used to find it very stupid but now I like it. If you press and hold on the icon, you can go directly into the specific setting. For ex- press and hold on wifi, and it will take you to the list of wifi connections available, etc.

When I compared both z1 and z1 compact on kitkat, z1 compact has the new xperia ringtone and notification sound, whereas, z1 has the old one. So I feel that we may get one more update soon and possibly some of the z2 features as well .
Xperia T + N 96

R.I.P Desire
Del
Sony Xperia Z1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-04-13 10:08
I've found another bug in KitKat on my one I've now lost the 2G setting in the mobile networks setting and whenever I restart my phone it will reset to 4G preferred even though I have selected WCDMA preferred or WCDMA only as I haven't got a 4G contract, so my phone continually tries to find a 4G signal
Not good Sony.
Brought to you straight from the event horizon of a quantum singularity.
hello1000
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-04-13 10:22

On 2014-04-13 10:08:20, Del wrote:
I've found another bug in KitKat on my one I've now lost the 2G setting in the mobile networks setting and whenever I restart my phone it will reset to 4G preferred even though I have selected WCDMA preferred or WCDMA only as I haven't got a 4G contract, so my phone continually tries to find a 4G signal
Not good Sony.

I thibk it has m,ore to do with Google OS update rather than Sony.
djin
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2014-04-13 16:38
@Del,
Its probably because of your region. I have gsm only(2g) mode, wcdma(3g) only, wcdma preferred/gsm and LTE preferred/wcdma/gsm . I wish we had the option for LTE only :/
Xperia T + N 96

R.I.P Desire
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2014-04-13 16:39
I don't think so,it's Sony's update not Google's. Obviously Sony isn't testing their firmware correctly and as usual messing up their updates. They are not optimizating their software correctly it's a mess. If it was Google's software it would Google's update.
Phone?? What phone??
jcwhite_uk
Sony Xperia Z1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-04-13 18:02
I managed to back up everything in the end using the built in backup and restore app. Did a repair install and now it all seems to be working OK. Battery seems to be about the same for me so far as it was on Jellybean. I like the print option they have now added but it would be useful if Sony would add the print option to the email app.

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."
Del
Sony Xperia Z1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-04-13 19:19

On 2014-04-13 18:02:11, jcwhite_uk wrote:
I managed to back up everything in the end using the built in backup and restore app. Did a repair install and now it all seems to be working OK. Battery seems to be about the same for me so far as it was on Jellybean. I like the print option they have now added but it would be useful if Sony would add the print option to the email app.

@jcwhite_uk when you say back up everything do you mean settings and all? You ticked all the boxes in the backup app?
jcwhite_uk
Sony Xperia Z1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-04-13 19:23
All phone settings and a few apps. Didnt bother with music, videos and pictures as they were all on the memory card.

Del
Sony Xperia Z1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-04-13 20:11
Ah cheers mate I've never used the app before and I might have to reset mine when I have the time, did it restore your home screen settings?
jcwhite_uk
Sony Xperia Z1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-04-13 20:45
Not really sure as I never really did much with the home screen except change the background (WHICH IT DID SAVE THE SETTINGS FOR)

Del
Sony Xperia Z1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-04-13 21:04
Ah cheers mate think I'll just have to bite the bullet and give it a go when I have some spare time.
Hatseflats
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-04-14 07:37
Updated yesterday.

Battery seems to be draining much faster, hopefully that will stabilize over the next few days. Have you guy's had any issues with the restrictions on the SD card that was implemented?

http://www.androidpolice.com/[....]sung-may-be-implementing-them/
Del
Sony Xperia Z1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-04-14 07:58
@Hatseflats i haven't had any issues with the memory card that I know of but I had already moved the content that would of had problem's to the internal memory, having said that though I did take three videos of my daughter yesterday and all three either stopped recording to soon or started to record and finished to late as I never got what I intended to record this may have been an issue with the memory card but I'm not sure as I'm having other issues with the update at the moment
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-04-14 16:57
i updated on friday and used it over the weekend. for the first time ever, my battery drained to ZERO before the day was done and that was with stamina mode on. I have to admit, i was using my phone a lot more that day though. but it is definitely draining faster than it has in the past. like others have said, hopefully it will stabilize after a week or so of use.

so far it has been working really well for me though. no major issues. i don't like the "recent pics" picker that comes up instead of the album. I also found that occasionally, when setting a photo for a contact, the picture is rotated 90 degrees even though it shouldn't be and there is no way to fix it without rotating the original picture 90 degrees the opposite way. this only happens sometimes though.

otherwise, i'm fairly happy with the update. hopefully battery will stabilize and then it'll be great! no real issues with SD card so far but I haven't really messed with it.
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 359360361 ... 369370371  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic