Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Sony Xperia Z1

Previous  123 ... 340341342 ... 369370371  Next
Author Sony Xperia Z1
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-02-06 17:33
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@altemyr - didn't know you could connect via wifi.. can you update and stuff via wifi too? i'm gonna have to look into that..
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
MusaD.Dragon
Xperia Mini Pro White
PM
Posted: 2014-02-07 16:16
Wow, actually got amazed by sony service today ! I sent a mail about my lost USB flap ,they actually redirected me to a site selling some Z1 parts , ppl we're complaining that they tell them to actually send the whole phone
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-02-07 17:02
great to hear Musa!

also, i checked and wifi connect to PCC is only for use with file manager and media GO. it can't be used for updating as there is a message that says to use the USB for all other services (other than file manager and media GO).

also, for Musa and anyone else.. i find that contacting sony via twitter gets you a very fast response if you are not having luck via email.
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
MusaD.Dragon
Xperia Mini Pro White
PM
Posted: 2014-02-07 17:24
I got album & info eye update btw
Lightspeed_x
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2014-02-07 19:13
@MusaD.Dragon: Nice, I got that update a few days ago. Which firmware is your phone on?.
Xperia Z2 4.4.2 Kitkat
ascariss
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2014-02-07 21:24
A new accessory arrived today for my Z1, the MDR-NWBT20N. Best accessory so far, beats out the MDR-10RBTs for portability and the built in noise cancellation

I was going to get the M-Series from Japan but it is a tad too expensive since it is a stand alone player as well but only features 16GB. So instead I ordered the NWBT20N. It features the same headphones as the M-series, but mine are black. I am not sure why there is additional plastic on the headphones which is visible in the photo below, where the R and L are positioned. My MDR-NC033s don't seem to have this, so not sure why the difference.

http://blog-imgs-47-origin.fc2.com/w/e/b/weba03/NW-M505_101.jpg

There are 2-3 things which could be improved with the NWBT20N, first waterproofing/dustproofing since the device is worn exposed to the elements a lot, next is a small LCD showing the name of the song and battery life but not necessary and finally a built in S-master amp, which the M-series has. But that is asking for too much for a small device, especially since it would affect battery life and size.

Overall, great little device, pairs with no issues with my Z1 and sounds actually quite good considering it is bluetooth. Controls work like a charm. Pairing it with my Pro 13 also works like a treat. If you have every owned a sony walkman, be is cassette, cd or minidisc, then you probably remember the remotes which shipped with them, this is no different but looks less sexier

Oh, unlike the MDR-10RBT which allows you to answer a call and use it as a wireless headset to talk to the person using the Z1, the NWBT20N doesn't even transmit message notes or other notifications, only music.

Sony needs to release this here in Europe, I don't get why it is limited to Japan only wtf.
[ This Message was edited by: ascariss on 2014-02-07 20:26 ]
Geoffxx
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-02-08 03:33
well guys as you know I've been doing some work on my original Z1 after I cracked the screen with my finger nail going too deep into the led slot trying to remove a Nilkin Glass screen protector - totally my fault and stupidity

Anyway I ordered a new screen and all the seals etc and the screen arrived first so I decided to fit it and run the phone for a few days just to make sure all was well before finally sealing it up, everything was good and the phone worked perfectly.

The seals arrived and I decided to finish the job, so took it apart again and finalised the build turning on before sealing up the back cover, all was good but after a few days of operation the touchscreen became unresponsive, returned the screen assembly to the supplier and they replaced it, in the mean time I bought a second Z1 while waiting for the parts

well after fitting the replacement screen the touch was still unresponsive so I ordered a flex circuit (the connection between the MB and the screen assembly) still not working, so it seems that something has failed on the MB that drives the screen or at least that is what I have concluded up to now, still doing some testing but it is difficult without schematics and debug knowledge of the boot sequence as there could also be a driver/FW loading issue with the TS although unlikely

The phone is fully functional using a usb mouse, I have now rooted it and going through some ideas in an attempt to fault trace the TS hardware

So if anyone has a trashed Z1 with MB intact I'd be interested in a purchase or if you come across anyone you know please get in touch, I'd like to have a motherboard that I could try to prove out the hardware

What I am not going to do is open my good Z1 at this point to do some swapping

anyway long story I know but sometimes shit happens - keeps me busy though lol
[ This Message was edited by: Geoffxx on 2014-02-08 02:41 ]
Geoffxx
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-02-08 03:37

On 2014-02-06 17:33:03, moogoo wrote:
@altemyr - didn't know you could connect via wifi.. can you update and stuff via wifi too? i'm gonna have to look into that..

I posted a question about this earlier, I have always used a wifi connection by pairing my Z1 to my lappy but the recent PCC update it not longer tells me the FW status and it did before, pity as it was handy to check for updates, now the only way I can check is through USB - this only happened recently with PCC update I believe
XperiaJunkie
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-02-08 18:34
Just copied this from the rumours thread with an apparent leak of the4.4 update for the Z1
Directly from XDA... 4.4 changelog on Xperia Z1 seems to be leaked, sort of...

"Sony Xperia Z1 Android 4.4 Kitkat update shortlist

Android 4.4 Kitkat Native Features
- Transparent navigation and status bars
- White status bar icons
- Immersive mode on selected Sony Multimedia Apps (Album and Movies)
- Better RAM optimization (Do not expect with this as Sony will be adding more features)
- Choice of default Messaging app
- Choice of default Android Launcher (Will be added with Xperia Simple Home Launcher on 4.4)
- Emoji on Google Keyboard (Will be added also on the new Xperia Keyboard for 4.4)
- Cloud printing
- Android RunTime (ART)
- Audio tunneling (low-power music streaming, in which Qualcomm should support with their SoC)
- Extension to Bluetooth AVRCP 1.3 (Notice that the volume on the Bluetooth device, for example, SBH-20, is not the same with the volume of the phone. WIth this feature, it will give absolute volume on the system to Bluetooth devices.)
- Native IR blaster support (good for Xperia ZL and Tablet Z)
- System-wide Closed captioning (subtitles)
- Choice of GPS Accuracy Mode
- Notification listener services (manage notifications to show)

Xperia Camera Apps Update
- *4K Video app, Ultra-High Definition video recording (8MP video, 3840 x 2160)
- *Timeshift Video app, lets you record 120 fps, 720p video, after which, you can edit parts for slow motion playback)
- Creative Effects app, (an update to Picture Effects app), where you can now utilize the effects not just only for photo, but also for video recording
- Background Defocus app, an app currently exclusive to Xperia Z1s where it captures 2 photos simultaneously and adds bokeh to the focused picture
- Update to AR Effects app, adding 5 more AR effects to from 7 to 12
- Superior Auto app update up to ISO 12800
- Manual camera app update adds HDR to 20.7 MP picture
- Addition of new Xperia Camera Apps from third-party devs

System Wide Xperia Update
- New Xperia boot animaiton patterned to Sony Playstation 4 UI
- New Sony Media Apps update
- Smart backlight control (keeping screen on while using the phone without touching)
- Smart call handling (answer and reject calls, as well as turn off ringer, using motion control)
- *Double tap to wake (similar to Xperia Tablet Z's feature)
- Answering Machine
- New Dialer options after end of call
- *Choice of Audio accessories for a wide range of input/output devices to be connected. This will enable external devices, for example, the Sony Stereo Mic STM10, to be used as default recording microphone instead of the built-in stereo mic.
- *Hi-Resolution Audio output to USB DAC or DAC amplifier
- Addition of themes to Xperia Themes, opening Xperia Themes SDK to public
- New notification and Quick Settings drop down. Holding a quick setting now will direct you to the advanced settings
- Power Management for Accessories (enable power management for Smartwatch and other devices)
- Sony's What's New app for Sony Select and Sony Multimedia updates (Music and Video Unlimited)
- "Close All" option in the Recent Apps section
- New widgets including TouchBlock for water resistant devices
- New Calendar App with weather forecast for the week
I'm so happy 'cause today
I've found my friends ...
They're in my head
northmonkey
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2014-02-08 19:23
Sony really do need to sort the camera out on this phone and sort out their image processing in general.

My brother has an s4 and I have the Z1 and the Note 3 and I still say the S4 and note 3 take better pics because on the Z1 pics are always ruined by smudging of details, horrible noise and white speckles.
CrownedAkuma
Sony Xperia Z2
PM
Posted: 2014-02-08 20:03

On 2014-02-08 19:23:41, northmonkey wrote:
Sony really do need to sort the camera out on this phone and sort out their image processing in general.

My brother has an s4 and I have the Z1 and the Note 3 and I still say the S4 and note 3 take better pics because on the Z1 pics are always ruined by smudging of details, horrible noise and white speckles.

Hello Monkey! Long time no see
Incoming Trolling?
[ This Message was edited by: CrownedAkuma on 2014-02-08 22:47 ]
Geoffxx
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-02-08 22:10

On 2014-02-08 19:23:41, northmonkey wrote:

please post a picture because I don't believe you
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2014-02-09 00:01
I agree with northmonkey
Phone?? What phone??
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-02-09 05:59

that's all.
moogoo
CrownedAkuma
Sony Xperia Z2
PM
Posted: 2014-02-09 07:46

On 2014-02-09 05:59:55, moogoo wrote:

that's all.

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 340341342 ... 369370371  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic