Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Sony Xperia Z1

Previous  123 ... 288289290 ... 369370371  Next
Author Sony Xperia Z1
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-11-20 19:17
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
^i'd still like the option. even if i only use it once and never touch it again.

in any case, there isn't a yellow tint issue anymore as of the last update so anybody having the issue - update your phone. anybody worried bout the issue before getting a Z1, worry no more!

@cu - all i saw was "blah blah blah NOKIA IS #1! blah blah blah" .. was that post really necessary in a Z1 thread? with no actual comparisons i might add.

@king-james - the status bar is gray. deal with it? or change your launcher and customize it yourself. that is the beauty of android.. you can do that. can't really criticize them to "improve" when something like that is a design choice. some people like it, others don't. just the way it is. but in android, you can change it.. so complaints of that nature seem silly. i personally like it the way it is. it matches the gray of the notification items that appear.

moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
jibuti
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2013-11-20 20:57
I did sell my "Sammy Nott -2" few days ago and bought fresh potato /or as GW Bush would say potatoe/, so will be posting betta pics taken with it shortly, so stay tuned!!!
why jibuti? work all day like slave...
MusaD.Dragon
Xperia Mini Pro White
PM
Posted: 2013-11-20 21:05
My viewing angles are awesome ô.ô although it doesn't affect my experience that much, just sharing it since most of you guys care that much haha
[ This Message was edited by: MusaD.Dragon on 2013-11-20 20:06 ]
cu015170
Nokia 808 PureView
PM
Posted: 2013-11-20 22:32

On 2013-11-20 19:17:27, moogoo wrote:
@cu - all i saw was "blah blah blah NOKIA IS #1! blah blah blah" .. was that post really necessary in a Z1 thread? with no actual comparisons i might add.

I said from what I've seen so far..

Why so defensive ? The 1020 is a Nokia as well and I called every single weak point I saw in it.. nothing to do with branding, all I care about is imaging.. doesn't matter who makes it.

But if you really want to go into it.. yes, for the past 3 years Nokia have been at the front when it comes to imaging.. a lot of OEMs are still catching up to the N8, let alone the 808..
Luca-S
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2013-11-20 23:28
@cu015170,the question here isn't be defensive or not.
Some owners of Xperia Z1 are being bothered by people like you and Bono and it's just a reaction.
Nothing more.

People here want to know about the Z1,not Nokia,not Samsung,not LG,not HTC or whatever.
You and Bono are respected members here on Esato and don't need to spend time comparing things where the members of topic don't care.
We have specific places to discuss and compare cameraphones civilly and with a lot of good information + knowledge sharing.

Wanna do something usefull?
Keep posting your wonderful pictures and stay away of places where your skills can't be used.
Cheers!
Are you nervous?
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-11-20 23:30
@cu - i don't care that you said it. my point is, it's not necessary in this thread to come spouting your nokia superiority or even opinion without a direct comparison. it's like any Z1 or S4/Note3 user heading over to the 1020 or 808 thread and saying.. "Oh from what i've seen Z1/S4/Note3 is much better at taking pictures." wtf is that? no one needs to see that. no one want to see that. if you want to compare, then COMPARE.

if attempting to protect the integrity of this thread is defensive, then so be it. and besides, you calling it like you see it is very limited. when tests show Z1 producing results comparable to the 1020, you make excuses. Then you jump all over Z1 galleries and pick out the worst things in a feeble attempt to prove your pureview greatness in a Z1 thread. and now you wander over here and somehow, out of the blue, exclaim "1520 is better than Z1 AND note 3!" .. seriously.

then when you have nothing to analyze you go back to your trusty sensor size argument, which is only valid with the assumption that Nokia produced the best possible implementation with the sensor. Like how the S4 Zoom has a 1/2.3 sensor, same as the Z1, but it produces crap. Sensor size matters and makes a difference assuming all else is equal (when the difference between sensor size is one or two steps).

FURTHERMORE, if imaging is all you care about, why waste time with a camera phone when there are dSLRs and evolving mirrorless cameras?

I am all for commenting on contributing to threads regardless of what phone you have or love. this is Esato and it's been a great forum for all phone lovers for years and years. I've been around and i've seen it change year after year. In the last few years it's been a lot more bashing of phones (MOSTLY SE/Sony products vs threads for other devices) and then newer users get aggressively upset when they see this (which I don't think is right either). Once or twice, I can live with. But repeatedly posting the same diatribe over and over .. it gets old. especially when its in the wrong thread. I'm sure i'm not the only one who feels this way.

moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
hihihans
HTC One
PM
Posted: 2013-11-21 00:22
Thanks for solving this in a decent manner.
Let's stick to to the ups and downs of Z1 now.
Have fun.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-11-21 01:04
Calm down peeps take a chill pill. Sorry if I annoyed anybody that wasn't the intention. Peace
Phone?? What phone??
Geoffxx
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-11-21 01:48

On 2013-11-20 18:00:42, moogoo wrote:
^i wish there were advanced calibration settings on every phone - standard.

not sure why it's not? if you screw up your screen cause you messed with the calibration that's your own fault. but i'd love the option to do it myself.

I thought my Z1 had a yellow tint until I compared it with my friends brand new 5S - my screen was like an add for persil

and as a side Note lol - Samsung have just suspended their recent FW update to 4.3 because of customer complaints as there were so many bugs - many people criticise Sony for their lack of updates - I've yet to hear of one being completely withdrawn 2 weeks, how big a mess is that
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-11-21 02:05
You mean the Galaxy S3 update not the Note 3 as Note 3 already had 4.3 out the box. And many Sony handsets have had bugs from updates. Shit happens Samsung like any other manufacturer can make mistakes and they rushed that update. Anyway back to topic
Phone?? What phone??
vikeviki
K810 Blue
PM
Posted: 2013-11-21 02:41
Guys,I am sure there is a display lottery panel,I am not sure yellow tint is a software or hardware,however still i haven't received DOA model and its been 1 and half month for me still waiting .Sony has messed few things and we have to agree on certain things ,apart from display/unlock boot loader everything is fine.If you find yellow tint or not happy replace your device until you get best one.

The one I offered with replacement had white screen however ,mine had yellow tint/white lines on display but if you increase brightness it would display pure white,I guess calibration issue not sure.

You payed your money just get a replacement,I have argued with 3 Sony executives and one service branch head manager.Dont leave them you payed.

For all camera lovers ZOMG has mentioned it will surpass all Point and Shoot cameras by end of January,hope migrated Sony lovers can come back or wait till then.
cu015170
Nokia 808 PureView
PM
Posted: 2013-11-21 05:58

On 2013-11-20 23:30:24, moogoo wrote:
@cu - i don't care that you said it. my point is...

I see your point.. and if that case we should start a thread where we can compare the Z1 to other phones.

It seems to me that you want to keep the Z1 in it's own bubble where it doesn't get compared to any other device, which in my opinion limits the information about the device in this very thread.

The 1520 and the Z1 are pretty much as "head to head" as it gets when it comes to imaging.. the difference in the size of their sensor is negligible.. that's why I brought it up. I don't even bother comparing to phones with bigger sensors..

I care about mobile imaging.. if you haven't noticed its a trendy thing these days. Respectable sits like dpreview have a whole section dedicated specifically for photography made with smartphones.

http://connect.dpreview.com/

You can't ignore the fact that more and more people are shooting with their phones and not their dedicated cameras.

And, just for your information, I do own a DSLR but I prefer my mobile device.
[ This Message was edited by: cu015170 on 2013-11-21 05:03 ]
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-11-21 06:25
sigh..

actually, no, you didn't see my point.

MY POINT IS (since you didn't get it the first time): baseless conclusions about another phone's superiority over the Z1 in a Z1 THREAD should NOT be posted. If you're going to compare, then COMPARE (i.e., provide some comparison images, tests, shootouts, etc). That's always welcome as everyone interested in a Z1 would love to see how it stacks up against others. Of course, they should be fair comparisons and not biased piece meal "tests".

I look forward to seeing shootouts as the 1520 gets in reviewer/consumer hands, but based on the sample gallery i peeked at on engadget's review (here), the photos don't seem all that impressive to me. Z1 definitely produces better shots imho.
[ This Message was edited by: moogoo on 2013-11-21 05:30 ]
moogoo
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2013-11-21 06:39
Here you go then.

Detailed comparison shootout. Z1 with latest firmware vs Lumia 1520, Iphone 5S, LG G2, and Nexus 5. Daylight, Landscape, Night/Low light/ Color charts.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pcm-nikita/sets/72157637607056494/

The 1520 doesn't even beat the Iphone 5S let alone the Z1
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2013-11-21 05:40 ]
zxcorr
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2013-11-21 06:40
There is a yellow tint issue. It's real. I'm not making this up.

My Z1 is running the latest firmware and the screen still looks much more yellow than my Z. So it's definitely not fixed yet.

Unfortunately, I didn't get the chance to take comparison pics with Z - I just sold my Z yesteday because I really needed the money. But I do have an iPad with me, so let's just compare my Z1 with that.

As you can see, the white on my Z1 looks yellowish/greenish compared to the iPad (which I think has already got a slightly yellowish screen to begin with).

I also found a post on Sony Mobile Xperia Care Support Forum, which describes the very same issue.
Here is the link to the topic:
http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5[....]ue-Yellow-Hue-Tint/td-p/391521
And below is the picture that the OP posted:

And I'm sure you've seen this photo from Verge:

I really hope this is not a fauly unit issue. Asking for a replacement unit is such a hassle, I hate it.
I hope they can fix it with the next firmware update, or at least bring the white balance setting back like the one on Z/ZL.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 288289290 ... 369370371  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic