Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Xperia Z Ultra Thread

Previous  123 ... 2829 303132  Next
Author Xperia Z Ultra Thread
vivftp
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-11-27 01:53
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
The camera being pretty "meh" isn't a huge factor for me because I don't take a ton of photos unless it's a special occasion, and when I do, I use my RX100 camera. Anyways, I already know I'm going to upgrade to a top of the line Xperia next year anyways, so if by then I decide that photography is a bigger concern on my phone, I'm hoping Sony will put better hardware in the next gen device.

The screen is absolutely amazing. Sound level and quality from the earpiece is beyond my expectations, but the loudspeaker is just average. It's roughly on par with my Xperia x10a, maybe even slightly behind it in overall volume levels.

I've only tested stylus input with my keys for a couple of minutes, but it seems to work just fine despite the additional screen protetor I put on top of it. Whenever my CP12 case eventually comes out of back order, I'll likely end up using the stylus a lot when web browsing for accuracy and to keep fingerprints off the screen (not a huge problem with this screen protector anyways).

One handed use is a bit hit or miss. If I want to wrap my fingers around the device, then my thumb can only reach about the halfway point of the screen without the possibility of the rest of my hand touching it as well. I suppose there will be hte odd instance where I'll find that annoying, but that's ok. If I can live with simply having my fingers on the back of the device for support, my thumb can reach the entire screen. I'm very curious to see how this will change once I get the CP12 as it should provide a nice, textured back for my fingers to grip onto. As it stands with the rear screen protector I got, my fingers don't want to really "stick" to it all that well. I suppose it's the oleophobic coating.

Even though I'm in the initial stages of breaking in the battery (only 1 charge so far) I'm actually pretty happy with the battery life so far. I've got the screen on maximum brightness all the time, wifi on, bluetooth on, GPS on, LTE on. I've been off the charger for about 7 hours and done a pretty decent mix of web browsing, downloading from Google Play, Youtubing, and spent a ton of time just going through the phones settings and whatnot. I'm currently sitting at 50% battery life left. Compared to my x10a, it's FAR superior and I could actually be happy with just this. The fact that the battery will only get better after several charges, and plus the additional capacity my CP12 will give me have me VERY excited
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-12-12 07:14
Can anyone tell me, does the google play edition Z Ultra have an unlocked bootloader ad what does it mean for flashing stock Sony ROMs to GPE and GPE ROMs to Xperia Edition?

Hardware should be identical but if one way is easier than the other than my decision is made as to my Christmas gift to myself.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
aussiefella
Sony Xperia Z1 Compact
PM
Posted: 2013-12-12 09:43
Hi everyone,
Just recieved my white z ultra today, SOOO Amazing!

Just wondering if there is any downside to the latest update.
I'm on build 14.1.B.1.532, update is 14.1.B.2.257?
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-12-19 03:05
Google Edition bug shown here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u60bM7LeaFw&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Phone?? What phone??
reeflotz
Hazel
PM
Posted: 2013-12-19 03:31
^^ already fixed 2 days ago.

ZU 4.4.2 Kitkat update
Hazel J20i [Bricked], Sony Xperia Go
reeflotz.blogspot.com
reeflotz@deviantart
Gitaroo
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-12-19 06:32
anyway to get GPE out side of US?
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-01-18 15:39
Every time I see a photo of this device I start to subconsciously look for my wallet and start planning when to go out to buy one.

Does any owner/previous owner of the Z Ultra have any slightest regret about it? Aside from the camera.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2014-01-18 17:41
Me too. I'm loving the white version.
vivftp
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-01-19 07:12

On 2014-01-18 15:39:54, Ricky D wrote:
Every time I see a photo of this device I start to subconsciously look for my wallet and start planning when to go out to buy one.

Does any owner/previous owner of the Z Ultra have any slightest regret about it? Aside from the camera.

Well I've posted a lot of my feelings above, but I've now had the phone for nearly 2 months. The phone is absolutely lovely once you figure out its limitations when using one hand. The screen is a delight and I don't have any complaints about its speed and functionality.

The downsides besides the camera of course are the loudspeaker which isn't very loud. Funny enough if I am using it in normal handset mode and increase the volume to maximum, it's actually nearly as loud as the actual loudspeaker mode when using speakerphone mode. Also when in a restaurant with some friends, they love watching videos on my phone, but we can't hear much. It does such when their iPhones can still be heard and my much larger phone can't. The loudspeaker is easily good enough for a single person to use alone though.

Things I wish it did have are an IR blaster, the same camera as the Z1 (with flash) and of course better loudspeaker (the one on the E1 would be amazing). It's a damned beautiful device though and even though I will be giving it up later this year to upgrade to either the new flagship or the new Ultra, I'm very glad I got it.
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-01-19 07:42

On 2014-01-18 15:39:54, Ricky D wrote:

So I take it Ricky, you didn't purchase one for Christmas. Last weekend I saw one first hand in downtown Toronto ... some dude, obviously a tourist was taking pictures of the CN Tower from King St West on such an amazing mild day for winter - yet it was very dark so I doubt the camera was effective.

To be honest I say just wait for the REAL second version to debut.
|AppleTV2|iPhone 12Mini 256GB|iPad Pro 256GB| Previously ... K750|Z500|Z520|K700|K790i|K850i, :Ericsson: T18z|T28World|T36m x3|T68m (Ericsson, not the rebranded T68i).
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-01-22 17:24
@Supa_Fly No, I didn't get myself one for Christmas.

My fear is that they will decrease the screen size or remove the pencil input feature in the second generation. Some who might know say Sony consider these two aspects part of the reasons for a disappointing return on the first generation.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
alexander87
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2014-02-01 04:41
so, following the latest firmware update, we got the white balance setting to play with

thing is I don't think I need to tweak it all that much, do you guys have some settings to share? curious to try them out
I really think the Z U does no need this setting as it's display is pretty much perfect
There are no more barriers to cross. All I have in common with the uncontrollable and the insane, the vicious and the evil, all the mayhem I have caused and my utter indifference toward it I have now surpassed.
alexander87
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2014-02-01 11:54

On 2014-02-01 04:41:17, alexander87 wrote:
so, following the latest firmware update, we got the white balance setting to play with

thing is I don't think I need to tweak it all that much, do you guys have some settings to share? curious to try them out
I really think the Z U does no need this setting as it's display is pretty much perfect

mmmm, yeah

[ This Message was edited by: alexander87 on 2014-02-01 10:55 ]
There are no more barriers to cross. All I have in common with the uncontrollable and the insane, the vicious and the evil, all the mayhem I have caused and my utter indifference toward it I have now surpassed.
alexander87
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2014-02-06 18:43
tumbleweed....
motvikt
T68i
PM
Posted: 2014-02-06 19:56
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 2829 303132  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic