Forum > Manufacturer Discussion > HTC > HTC CEO given 'One' last chance

Previous  12
Author HTC CEO given 'One' last chance
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-05-06 10:42
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
It's not how it looks it's how it's all laid out. Doesn't matter what a mic or chip looks as it's not seen inside the phone. It's how it performs
Phone?? What phone??
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-05-07 23:57

On 2013-05-05 23:46:25, Tsepz_GP wrote:
Here's the image Etaab is talking about, the One looking seriously untidy:

Etaab is talking about 2 different things "still lower in hardware quality" & "lower build quality" and they're not synomous with one another - if it was Samsung would never have been successful using cheap plastic with SGS/SGS II.

I was under the belief, that HTC has for a number of years, possibly even pioneered higher quality materials ... as we can see from the images you've posted, its about build quality - at least internally where nobody seems to see nor care. However, beauty is skin deep as the saying goes and well looks like their chips are not shielded which is a BAD thing ... subject to call, reception, and performance issues over the first year of ownership alone. To be honest I think HTC is the only manufacturer that doesn't shield their chipsets; a foolish move.

Tsepz_GP, your explanation makes complete and chronological sense ... many thanks!
|AppleTV2|iPhone 12Mini 256GB|iPad Pro 256GB| Previously ... K750|Z500|Z520|K700|K790i|K850i, :Ericsson: T18z|T28World|T36m x3|T68m (Ericsson, not the rebranded T68i).
hibiskus
BlackBerry Z10
PM
Posted: 2013-05-08 09:14
HTC had great progression with their windows mobile devices, which made peak when they included android and made Desire, HD2 and wildfire line. Sense was 2 lenghts in front of competition, Desire was wan one first phones with Amoled screens, no one cared that much about camera quality, HD2 was super quality phone and wildfire was android for masses.
Every single line after that was fail, and felt like unfinished product. Desire HD, Wildfire S, EVO, Sensation, Rhyme... you name it, and competition was gaining on them. With One X and One they focused on camera department, which ended as worst flagship camera, compared to competition, in One X case and laughable ultrapixels which are not far from SE k750
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2013-05-08 23:30

On 2013-05-05 23:46:25, Tsepz_GP wrote:
Here's the image Etaab is talking about, the One looking seriously untidy:

That's the one yes. Just look at that tiny cable connecting one circuit board to another. A better design would not make such a thing necessary. The only time I expect to see cables in something so small as a mobile phone is when connecting two parts which move independent from each other such as a clamshell, or when two circuit boards are spread far apart and a cable is the best solution, as in the SGS 2, 3 & 4 design. What is the length of that cable in the One ? 0.5cm ? probably.

HTC phones are lesser quality than Samsung / Sony / Motorola / Nokia phones and always have been in terms of cosmetics but also the internals.

Remember 2011's Sensation and its antenna located in the rear cover with gold contacts ? the only other phone I know of that has that in more recent times is the Lumia 710. That is always a bad design imo.

I also remember seeing a teardown of my Nokia N8 back in early 2011 which showed its aged internal hardware (in comparison to Android hardware) compared to HTC's phones. At first I thought the difference was because Symbian running phone required lesser hardware which was easier to fit in a small design, but now I realise it was because Nokia know how to make quality hardware that the consumer does not see. HTC phones are very badly designed internally.
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi