Esato

Forum > Manufacturer Discussion > Apple > Apple Tells Us Why iPhone is better than Galaxy S4

Previous  123  Next
Author Apple Tells Us Why iPhone is better than Galaxy S4
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-05-09 13:44
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
And here they go again

http://mobile.bloomberg.com/news/2013-05-07/apple-seeks-android-source-code-records-in-samsung-suit.html
Phone?? What phone??
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2013-05-20 16:17
I like apples new advert about the camera lol
http://petapixel.com/2013/04/[....]ular-camera-in-new-commercial/

An "Apple" a day keeps the Doctor at Bay!
Ranjith
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2013-05-20 22:02

On 2013-05-20 16:17:04, Miss UK wrote:

Who said APPLE isn't smart?They disabled comments on YouTube for this video
I ESATO
I W1i

T20,T65, P800(2x),K800,Z300, 800, 850 (2x),P1i(with WALKMAN)
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-05-20 22:39

On 2013-05-20 16:17:04, Miss UK wrote:

I like it, it's a sort of big + middle finger and "Step your game up!" to the camera manufacturers, Apple are so ruthless it must drive some industry CEOs crazy when they see ads like this.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Away
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2013-05-21 00:20
You can take photos with the iPhone? Is the app called iCu? (Please hospitals, patent ICU before Apple do, lives could be at stake). A lot of people take photos with the iPhone?

Why does this not make me want to get one?
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-05-21 06:23

On 2013-03-17 21:03:38, julias wrote:
Apple are definitely showing signs of desperation.

Indeed!

Some things I no longer agree with:
"The worlds most advanced mobile operating system" sorry but this is just no longer true. Yes I'm aware that Android is very powerful and can be augmented to work with just about 10'000 devices but at that point its not really Android but Linux that is doing its thing. QNX being at the core of BB10 I'd also state has a lot of other things onto it but by far these two are much more advanced than what Apple is brining.

"Support comes with real people" ... yes there are human beings but "real"?!!?? Their just about as real as those hipsters already way too "fashionable" (whatever time of the month it is) and way too ... well lets just say it seems Apple is hiring anyone that seems remotely agile in their "orientation". They're getting worse at being technical to resolve issues and instead through something in a box and out a new box into your hand. I want to go and have my smartphone or PC serviced as in troubleshooting, not be seen as a piece of black chocolate meat to be serviced at any store I don't want to be picked up in any way (hetero/homo/dual/greeno whatever). What happens when that magical box swap no longer has something new and shiny in those boxes to hand out? (that is happening VERY soon by changes at Apple is working towards by Sept this year).

The majority of Apple's sales and progress of their products, and always has, been in the design quality (don't confuse this for build quality). Watches don't ding going through a subway turn-style and holding an iPhone 5 never made me feel I was holding something "substantial" lol.

MissUK, Don't be holding out too much for the iOS 7 ... if Apple doesn't get with standards via hardware and open up that software soon, many will jump ship this year. I say 3 months of great sales, then the realization hits that its just a fancier looking iPhone 4S that is lighter slightly larger screen. NFC alone, if Apple waits another year they'll miss out on exclusive partnerships that can evolve to something greater! (An example is BlackBerry's partnership with 1 of the 4 largest banks in Canada, CIBC with Rogers Wireless the largest carrier by coverage or subscribers, using NFC for mobile wallet purchasing. The real deal is using BlackBerry's infrastructure for the secure transactions, yet many scoff at paying for the service, specific SIM card to allow for this, and the limited device support 1 BB device. Those that scoff have no idea their existing and recently updated Bank/Credit cards (Visa or MC) are using BlackBerry's backend infrastructure going forward ... this is the deal Apple is missing on).

But hey ... competition is getting cut-throat and this is where we'll see the real strengths and ability to adjust into other markets for each manufacturer.
|AppleTV2|iPhone 12Mini 256GB|iPad Pro 256GB| Previously ... K750|Z500|Z520|K700|K790i|K850i, :Ericsson: T18z|T28World|T36m x3|T68m (Ericsson, not the rebranded T68i).
jameshopes
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-05-21 13:19
Yes, I agree with Apple. I have iPhone 5 and I am fully satisfied with the apple iPhone features. I always choose Apple iPhone as compared to other Smartphone’s of Samsung, HTC, etc.
admad
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2013-05-21 17:08
"The worlds most advanced mobile operating system" sorry but this is just no longer true

No longer true? Was it ever true?:D iOS is one of the most limited operating systems created. This so called most advanced mobile operating system doesn't even support simple file managing system. Not to mention bluetooth transfer, and memory card slot.
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-05-21 18:51
Busy watching Apple CEO, Tim Cook, CFO, Peter Oppenheimer and Co. being grilled by US Congress over their tax practices, on Bloomberg. I expect more Silicon Valley companies to go through this over the next year, including Microsoft and Google.

Those with iPads can find the Bloomberg TV+ app in AppStore and watch it live.
[ This Message was edited by: Tsepz_GP on 2013-05-21 17:52 ]
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
DSF
R520
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-05-22 22:43
The iphone 5 camere takes good photos if you have proper light. Too bad there is no option for wide photos (with stock app).

MissUK, Don't be holding out too much for the iOS 7 ... if Apple doesn't get with standards via hardware and open up that software soon, many will jump ship this year.

Most of the software limitations can be "removed" via jailbreak. There are many ppl that have a jailbroken iDevice. The rest really doesn't care about the limitations. They like the iphone as it is.

I was anti-iphone before, used Android for couple of years.. and now I'm using iphone 5 (jailbroken) for a couple of months. Honestly? The iphone 5 is smoother and more pleasant to use than my galaxy s 2 with JellyBean (tried stock roms, custom rom, cyanogenmod, aokp, etc). From keyword lags to transition lags . When I need to search an app with Google search widget I have to wait when on iphone 5 is almost instant. Ah, and most important, the battery is more efficient (better).

So, pro iOS:
- Smoother UI
- Better memory management on iOS. On Android the running apps are closed way more aggressively. So many frustrations when my browser (with many tabs) kept reloading on my S2 after opening 1-2 more apps . On iphone 5 (both have 1GB RAM) this is so much better.
- Smart multitasking API, including audio with dynamic toggles (eg: you can use the system audio toggles with different music apps, including 3rd-party and in-browser media streaming)
- Many Cydia tweaks (for jailbroken devices) just hooks on the stock apps adding different features. Eg AirBlue adds buttons for sendind via Bluetooth to music, video, photos stock apps. Or tweaks that improves the AppSwitcher.
- Better power management

In other words, iOS is not that bad as many think. You can enjoy it more if you free it with a jailbreak.
[ This Message was edited by: DSF on 2013-05-22 21:48 ]
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-05-23 20:50
Well,Nokia is even more brainy than Apple

http://www.wpcentral.com/noki[....]-makes-antenna-works-lumia-925
Phone?? What phone??
AbuBasim
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2013-05-25 09:34

On 2013-05-23 20:50:10, Bonovox wrote:
Well,Nokia is even more brainy than Apple

Considering how Nokia threw away global domination of the mobile phone market, that says a lot!
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2013-05-28 16:18
Quote:

On 2013-05-21 06:23:20, Hardened wrote:
\\r\\nOn 2013-03-17 21:03:38, julias wrote:\\r\\nApple are definitely showing signs of desperation. \\r\\n
\\r\\n\\r\\nIndeed! \\r\\n\\r\\nSome things I no longer agree with: \\r\\n\\\\\\"The worlds most advanced mobile operating system\\\\\\" sorry but this is just no longer true. Yes I\\\\\\'m aware that Android is very powerful and can be augmented to work with just about 10\\\\\\'000 devices but at that point its not really Android but Linux that is doing its thing. QNX being at the core of BB10 I\\\\\\'d also state has a lot of other things onto it but by far these two are much more advanced than what Apple is brining. \\r\\n\\r\\n\\\\\\"Support comes with real people\\\\\\" ... yes there are human beings but \\\\\\"real\\\\\\"?!!?? Their just about as real as those hipsters already way too \\\\\\"fashionable\\\\\\" (whatever time of the month it is) and way too ... well lets just say it seems Apple is hiring anyone that seems remotely agile in their \\\\\\"orientation\\\\\\". They\\\\\\'re getting worse at being technical to resolve issues and instead through something in a box and out a new box into your hand. I want to go and have my smartphone or PC serviced as in troubleshooting, not be seen as a piece of black chocolate meat to be serviced at any store I don\\\\\\'t want to be picked up in any way (hetero/homo/dual/greeno whatever). What happens when that magical box swap no longer has something new and shiny in those boxes to hand out? (that is happening VERY soon by changes at Apple is working towards by Sept this year). \\r\\n\\r\\nThe majority of Apple\\\\\\'s sales and progress of their products, and always has, been in the design quality (don\\\\\\'t confuse this for build quality). Watches don\\\\\\'t ding going through a subway turn-style and holding an iPhone 5 never made me feel I was holding something \\\\\\"substantial\\\\\\" lol. \\r\\n\\r\\nMissUK, Don\\\\\\'t be holding out too much for the iOS 7 ... if Apple doesn\\\\\\'t get with standards via hardware and open up that software soon, many will jump ship this year. I say 3 months of great sales, then the realization hits that its just a fancier looking iPhone 4S that is lighter slightly larger screen. NFC alone, if Apple waits another year they\\\\\\'ll miss out on exclusive partnerships that can evolve to something greater! (An example is BlackBerry\\\\\\'s partnership with 1 of the 4 largest banks in Canada, CIBC with Rogers Wireless the largest carrier by coverage or subscribers, using NFC for mobile wallet purchasing. The real deal is using BlackBerry\\\\\\'s infrastructure for the secure transactions, yet many scoff at paying for the service, specific SIM card to allow for this, and the limited device support 1 BB device. Those that scoff have no idea their existing and recently updated Bank/Credit cards (Visa or MC) are using BlackBerry\\\\\\'s backend infrastructure going forward ... this is the deal Apple is missing on). \\r\\n\\r\\nBut hey ... competition is getting cut-throat and this is where we\\\\\\'ll see the real strengths and ability to adjust into other markets for each manufacturer. \\n

Lol about iOS 7 your right though
Wonder if it will be fished out for real with there new
Handset, I've heard there having lot of problems hence
Delay of new iPhone or other iOS devices

For me will see anyway ....I like the idea of a new phone
This year done well keeping my 4S for 2 years too, I used to get bored and trade in fast on other devices
An "Apple" a day keeps the Doctor at Bay!
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-05-29 19:09
http://allthingsd.com/2013052[....]-want-to-make-a-phablet-video/

Tim Cook on why no phablet
Phone?? What phone??
johandirano
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-07-01 13:05
I don't think so. I am using Galaxy S4 and it is much better than iPhone for example Galaxy S4 camera quality is much better than iPhone.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi