Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Around 950mb available RAM. . . . .
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-07-15 19:13
Samsung ships 150 ,000 Galaxy S4 LTE -A units in 14 days

In just two weeks, Samsung has managed to sell 150,000 units of the Galaxy S4 LTE-A in its homeland. The original Galaxy S4 has been selling like hot cakes with over 20M sales, so 150K might not sound that impressive but when you consider that these figures are just from a single market then the thought changes.

The LTE-Advanced equipped Galaxy S4 is currently only available in Korea, Samsung hasn’t announced if it will be making the device available in other countries anytime soon.

http://www.sammobile.com/2013[....]axy-s4-lte-a-units-in-14-days/
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
rikken
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2013-07-15 19:17
Impressive numbers indeed, but you know it is one heck of a phone
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-07-15 19:43
Yep
It's been nothing short of awesome
The craziest thing is that I barely talk about my GS4 to my friends yet around quite a lot of them have tried it and then gone and bought it in the last few weeks and one of the 1st things they've all asked me is how to share music you're playing a.k.a Group Play, crazy, my poor GS4 has been the guinea pig to all this madness.

I'm also beginning to see a lot of GS4s around and many of them with that S View cover, Samsung must be cashing a hell of a lot on this thing.
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-07-17 03:17

On 2013-07-05 10:27:29, Tsepz_GP wrote:
Study finds the iPhone is the most complained about, Samsung Galaxy S4 is the least

http://www.phonearena.com/new[....]Galaxy-S4-is-the-least_id44932

You see that's the funny things with statistics …

Looking at Brand Appeal - (less) Brand Criticism the SGS 4 has only 9% of perceived good connotation for it. Compared the the iPhone 5 (22%) that would mean the SGS 4 is less of a good brand against the iPhone 5- meaning either a) not as many have good things to say about it, or they don't choose to talk about it as much. Either way the iPhone 5 has a better position if we ONLY focus on these stats presented in your quote above. Moreover, these stats fail to include or purposely omit Samsungs other non-android phones Sammy makes??

Another way to look at the stats is BlackBerry … 41% appeal, with 18% criticism. The problem with this is other than Samsung, their the only one's in this field that continues to make 2 varied platforms (or more).

The key point about this statistic is its pure garbage! It stats "based on the brand itself" or "about the brands .." yet only 1 listing actually matches with the "Brand" that is the name BlackBerry (that is the company name and brand). iPhone, Galaxy S4, and the Lumia no matter how we see the advertisement their ALL products, not a brand. The have a brand name - but their specific to 1 product only. Yes you can argue and rightfully so that the "Galaxy" is used in various models like a brand … but again in this statistic those other models are not the focus … so the wording BRAND does NOT apply in this statistic so it is worthless. And I seriously question only 18% negativity with BlackBerry (in any region or globally) it really should be higher according to the unit sales, continued BBM subscriber drop (slow but still dropping).

Brands: Apple, BlackBerry (the entire company) Samsung (the mobile phone division in this case), Nokia … even the "No Name Brand" is in fact a BRAND.

Cheers
|AppleTV2|iPhone 12Mini 256GB|iPad Pro 256GB| Previously ... K750|Z500|Z520|K700|K790i|K850i, :Ericsson: T18z|T28World|T36m x3|T68m (Ericsson, not the rebranded T68i).
rikken
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2013-07-18 18:27
Recieved a new update today XXUBMGA, haven't found a changelog yet but I have noticed that the camera is faster. A tread here : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2364373
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-07-24 15:44
I flashed XWUBMG1 in my GS4 a few days ago and so far its been great, they fixed the lack of bold in their Samsung Sans font so now I'm using it, also loving the 'Increase Legibility' option for display, it makes text super clear it's almost unreal, the screen just looks phenomenal!
UI and performance also got a boost with Camera and Gallery especially opening up much faster than they used to then there's the Apps to SD option, although I dont have much use for it thanks to 32gb built-in but I'm glad its back.

More great news for Samsung:
Samsung Galaxy S4 shipments reach 23.4 million units

http://www.phonearena.com/new[....]ach-23.4-million-units_id45666
[ This Message was edited by: Tsepz_GP on 2013-07-24 14:45 ]
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-07-24 20:28
Cool. I compared this and the S4 Mini side by side yesterday. The big S4 doesn't seem much bigger body wise even though the screen is 5 inches compared to 4.3
Phone?? What phone??
rickster2kuk
Samsung Galaxy S 4
PM
Posted: 2013-07-26 19:11
Finally got the latest sim free firmware for the UK on Wednesday.

Seems a little quicker and I noticed some new wallpapers. Not sure what the camera firmware update did. Notification bar is also now transparent.

One thing I didn't like is the reminder/calendar widget has changed from white (which worked well) to some faux paper look.

Bit irritating to say the least that it took Samsung almost 1.5 months to get the update to SIM free UK S4's. Apparently this is way; the networks all get it first and then once all the networks have signed off on it then it goes to SIM free phones.

Sammobile tweeted yesterday that the S4 should get Android 4.3 in Q4 this year
Away
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2013-07-30 17:36
Even more great news!

http://www.phonearena.com/new[....]ulate-benchmark-scores_id45866

ONLY Samsung would do this. LG are soon to follow.
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-07-30 19:01
Wait a minute...

So my I9500 is actually capable of more in most benchmarks and games??? Very interesting find, Samsung will have to answer and do some adjustments, either have the GPU boosted to 533mHz for everything (which would mean a nice little performance boost for us) OR take it all down to 480mHz.

Sounds like they were trying to pull off a performance to power consumption balancing act, either way, the outcome will be interesting.

-------

All

Got another OTA update to MG5 on my GS4, so far so good, phone seems to use less RAM, battery seems fine if not a bit better than in MG1, UI is the same, still very snappy.
There seems to be another update on the way, MG9.
Wishmaster89
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2013-07-30 22:19
^
And you're calling people sony fanboys when your comment is clearly pro Samsung? They artificially improved the scores of S4's in benchmarks to brag about how fast they are and in real life you won't get this kind of performance, I'm not saying that in real life S4 is laggy or slow, just saying that it doesn't reflect the performance you get in benchmarks. Which is highly misleading.

It seems that for the sake of higher scores they even raise the thermal limit by 10 degrees so that it can keep running A15's instead of A7's, how is that not cheating? It's almost like having the fastest car in the world that can go full speed but only for 1mile, for longer distances it can be used at only 75% of its power.

Before you start saying that I'm biased against Samsung or that I never used any of their devices and just bash them cause I'm sony fan. Yes, right now I'm using xperia Z and I bought it knowing well what it was. My previous 2 devices were made by Samsung and that's not a good memory. I prefer sony devices but know full well that Samsung drives the competition right now and that many manufacturers could learn a thing or two from them, but they could learn that releasing one device with 6 variants is slightly too much - 2 are enough.
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2013-07-30 22:36
Im not being funny, or trying to be pro Samsung, but isn't this what benchmarks are about ?

I used to be heavily into PC gaming and when I ran benchmarks, I always clocked my pc to its highest settings, pushed the graphics to its limit etc. That's what benchmarking is about. But I didn't play games with those settings, I turned them back down so I didn't burn out my very expensive Pentium cpu (back in its day). In the world of PC gaming, this is completely normal.

Why should phone manufacturers be any different. Its not cheating anything or anyone. I very much doubt Samsung ever deliberately hid the fact they did this, or even thought anyone would have an issue with it. If anything, they're the smart ones for doing so. They probably think the rest of the manufacturers out there are doing the same. If they are not, well that's their fault.

IMO anyway. This is again typical bitter owners of poorer quality products wanting to slag off the market leader.
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
Wishmaster89
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2013-07-30 22:48
Are you serious? Really?!
And I always thought that you benchmark only to get highest possible configuration that you could run 24/7 without any problems everything else is nothing more than a show off.

They called this 'innovation' benchmark booster to boost scores so that users and probably reviewers would think that this is the kind of performance you'll get in day to day use, how wrong we all were

And I'm not bitter, I still think that S4 is a great device but Samsung is playing cheap tricks right now. Kudos for them for making one of the best devices available. But why they had to resolve to this kind of tricks if they believed so much in supremacy of S4, and why are they planning on releasing updated versions with that new octa processor and snapdragon s800 for global markets. IMO, they are trying too much this time but it'll still sell like hot cakes probably
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-07-30 23:05
Having read more into this I discovered that Samsung actually listed the I9500's GPU at 532mHz, even Engadget made a mention of it when reviewing the I9500:
http://www.engadget.com/2013/[....]ung-galaxy-s4-octacore-review/
So in actual fact, the only thing we DIDN'T know is that the I9500 GPU sits at 480mHz most of the time.

Wishmaster89
Nothing wrong with raising the thermal limit, end of the day the benchmark is a reflection of just how powerful the hardware is, it's not like the CPU OC's and the GPU either as the GPU goes up to its listed clock.

Errrm...as for your car example, the Bugatti Veyron, one of if not the fastest car in the world, can only run at top speed of over 410km/h for around 10-15minutes before running out of fuel, any longer its tires burst, so you cant use all it's power for long periods. Shows like Top Gear benchmark it by running it at top speed around a special track to show what it is capable of, but obviously nobody will max their Bugatti everyday.

Etaab

Nail on the head! Some CPUs do have a sort of turbo mode. Wouldn't be suprised if other SoC makers did this either. I think we do tend to forget that benchmarks are just a reflection of how powerful the HW is.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 616263 ... 777879  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic