Forum > Information > Esato News Articles > Samsung Galaxy S4 announced

Previous  123 4 ... 777879  Next
Author Samsung Galaxy S4 announced
Ranjith
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2013-03-15 13:06
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
To some one unbiased as me towards SXZ and GS4 the S4 doesnt stand out so special against Z.a better built would have sealed it but the Xperias are slightly more tough,which i need.but nice little features by Samsung with the software's.
I ESATO
I W1i

T20,T65, P800(2x),K800,Z300, 800, 850 (2x),P1i(with WALKMAN)
mediar
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-03-15 13:07
It fun to watch how the blind Sony fans are making desperate attempts to bash the new S4 in favor of their ugly, buggy and expensive Z... I'm actually sorry for them and their pitiful attempts to distort the truth. They still call Samsung a copy-cat company, which clearly shows they're few years behind, just like their beloved Sony... The design of the S4 may not be the best ( 2011 Xperias are doubtlessly the best for that matter ), but it's still much better and more comfortable when hold in hand than Sony's black blank bricks. When Sony comes with something with Arc's style and class, then you'll have the right to bash other flagships. Furthermore you're still waiting for the 4.1 update, don't forget that!
The best mobile phone brand died with Sony Ericsson's death. Shame on you Sony for killing it! And, of course, for ruining the Xperia brand...
Mediar's Site
worf1000
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-03-15 13:28

On 2013-03-15 13:07:32, mediar wrote:
It fun to watch how the blind Sony fans are making desperate attempts to bash the new S4 in favor of their ugly, buggy and expensive Z... I'm actually sorry for them and their pitiful attempts to distort the truth. They still call Samsung a copy-cat company, which clearly shows they're few years behind, just like their beloved Sony... The design of the S4 may not be the best ( 2011 Xperias are doubtlessly the best for that matter ), but it's still much better and more comfortable when hold in hand than Sony's black blank bricks. When Sony comes with something with Arc's style and class, then you'll have the right to bash other flagships. Furthermore you're still waiting for the 4.1 update, don't forget that!

You pathetic troll.

Look at SGS1 /GS2 and Galaxy tab and Iphone/Ipad series and you will notice they copied designs from Apple.
Speaking about technology, those are many things that Samsung steal other technology.

randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2013-03-15 13:53
Okay let us Sony fanboys not utter a word. Let's see what all the major tech sites have to say about S4, shall we?

Fortune Magazine -

"Samsung's lack of power designing the core software that runs on its flagship mobile device makes it tough to celebrate the launch of the S4 -- even if it can do a few new things. Copying hardware is not the game anymore; rather, it is more about who can build a long-standing, sticky relationship with customers after that initial sale is made. Apple and Google are basically the only two players in this new war -- one in which Samsung, for the time being, can't even participate."

ZDNet -

"While Galaxy fans will likely be happy that the S4 has taken design cues from the S3, it could begin to wear thin if Samsung doesn't break the mould eventually. While this could seem of little concern at the launch of another flagship handset and new addition to Samsung's stables, the overall design choices taken for the S4 could illustrate a growing trend, and growing problem, for smartphone makers."

All Things D -

"Some of [the] upgrades in the Galaxy S4 feel incremental, or are simply borrowed from other Samsung smartphones. But the Korean electronics giant’s baby steps and increasingly desirable flagship phones are beginning to set it apart in the high-end smartphone market."

The Verge -

"mostly small improvements, though, and in some ways the Galaxy S4 feels like an upgrade designed less for people who own the previous generation and more for those looking for a first smartphone, or upgrading from a two-year-old device. (Call it the Galaxy S IIIS.)"

Gizmodo -

"There has been a ton of hype and build-up to this device, and ultimately, it left us feeling cold. The S IV feels uninspired. There are small spec bumps from the previous generation and there’s a ton of software which will largely sit unused. There’s just no wow-factor here."

Comparing it with the HTC One they took with them to the event, they said: "When you pick up the One, you feel like you’re holding something amazing, both in the build and the screen. When you pick up the S IV, you feel like you’re holding an S III with a few extra bells and whistles."

Engadget -

"You say you want a revolution? Too bad, because this Galaxy smartphone update is just that... an update. Samsung's newly unveiled Galaxy S 4 is an incremental step up, an evolution less "inspired by nature" and more by last year's GS III."
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2013-03-15 12:54 ]
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-03-15 14:27
^

I enjoied reading that, what it says is that the GS4's ONLY flaw is the way it looks and not that it looks bad BUT that it looks like the S3, that is its only downer.

I can see what Samsung are trying to do here, they are indeed wanting to create a loyal following and brand familiarity by not going to far from the S3 design, they also know that many S3 users signed 2year deals, so the S4 is certainly about capturing new comers who missed the S3.

On top of all that, the GS3 AND NOTE2 will receive all the Hardware independent features such as Smart pause and scrolling in future updates, therefore keeping us current users happy, as they did with GS2 and Note users, they are taking a tip from Apple's book and trying to strike a balance between keeping current users happy and getting new ones.

Samsung have an excellent strategy in hand here, those who want a pretty phone can always get a Z or a One, but they are not going to be guaranteed regular updates nor a robust UI that will be updated over 24months.

I think its safe to say us GS3 and Note2 users are guaranteed Android5.0, and next year when the GS5 lands, the GS4 and Note3 users will get those next 2 major OS updates to.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Indiandawg
Apple iPhone
PM
Posted: 2013-03-15 14:56
Before I start, I want to say I have nothing against Samsung. I have loved the fact they pulled lot of people and showed what Android is capable of.

I wasn't really expecting much from S4 and looking at all other Samsung smartphones, they all now look the same. So it's a no surprise that S4 also looks like a standard Samsung phone but that's Samsung, you liking it or not it's a personal choice. Just like iOS UI has been the same from last so many years.

But XZ is the best out of all top end smartphones. It's got looks, S4 Pro chip does it job very well and so does quad-core, water/dust resistant, good camera, clean & neat UI (according to me it's the best UI but it's again very personal).

S4 is a very good device and it's very well placed to be compared with XZ. It's not like oh this is a shitty device, for sure it's not but there's nothing revolutionary. It's just another top end android smartphone.

I see it this way, there's LG Optimus G Pro, HTC One, Samsung Galaxy S4 & Sony Xperia Z
Buy whichever you like, these are top end Android smartphones and they're very much the same and does the same job
T200 -> T68i -> T610 -> K700i -> P910i -> W800i -> P990i -> M600i -> P1-> Nokia E71 -> X1i -> X10 -> Arc S -> Sony Z1 -> Sony Z Ultra -> Sony Z3+ -> iPhone 6 -> iPhone 7 Plus -> iPhone X -> iPhone XS Max
Luca-S
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2013-03-15 15:07
It's time to start denigrating south korean soap,just like sammy boys did on SXZ thread.
A very nice phone,with very good specs,more bells and whistles that fails to impress.
Side by side with Xperia ZL or Z,GS4 looks like the "phone of yesteryear".
Boring,ugly and... boring. (just to repeat,as Samsung did)
Are you nervous?
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-03-15 15:12

On 2013-03-15 02:07:41, Tsepz_GP wrote:
Sean, I was a bit thrown off when the GS3, N

Now Samsung is just showing off! Some OEMs haven't even got half that many countries at release, Samsung have their distribution game on lock!
[ This Message was edited by: Tsepz_GP on 2013-03-15 01:19 ]

To be honest ... it's a "Roll-Out" so I would not agree about distribution game being on lock. End of April was stated officially not "in April" and no specific date for ANY carrier - same that was done by BlackBerry. When you launch with a specific date THAT my friend is distribution on LOCK. Canadian providers get theres in Q2 which is May; USA also.

I'm just not at all impressed. So many software features that really seem like gimicks; sure some will use the features, others will be like ho-hum. It almost seems Samsung is reaching to encompass all these software features from competitors because the hardware is just a slight bump. Should they promote this as a PC replacement with BT keyboard+mouse with WiDirect to TV then I'd be very impressed. Moreover I'll be VERY skeptical of the Sales numbers - I suspect many Note II users will sell theirs and jump tot he SGS4.
|AppleTV2|iPhone 12Mini 256GB|iPad Pro 256GB| Previously ... K750|Z500|Z520|K700|K790i|K850i, :Ericsson: T18z|T28World|T36m x3|T68m (Ericsson, not the rebranded T68i).
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2013-03-15 15:24
Continuing the tradition of ripping off other companies ideas shamelessly. The feature to take photos from front and rear cam is taken from LG, most of the other features are copied from Htc One.

IR blaster copied from Xperia ZL.

What else remains ? Small time Google play store developers that were ripped off ?

What a shame really.

Also Samsung just gave Xperia Z a free run until April end- May in most markets. GS4 will rule for 1-2 months and then get butchered into a million pieces by One Sony
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2013-03-15 14:25 ]
Indiandawg
Apple iPhone
PM
Posted: 2013-03-15 16:26

On 2013-03-15 15:24:19, randomuser wrote:
Continuing the tradition of ripping off other companies ideas shamelessly. The feature to take photos from front and rear cam is taken from LG, most of the other features are copied from Htc One.

IR blaster copied from Xperia ZL.

What else remains ? Small time Google play store developers that were ripped off ?

What a shame really.

Also Samsung just gave Xperia Z a free run until April end- May in most markets. GS4 will rule for 1-2 months and then get butchered into a million pieces by One Sony
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2013-03-15 14:25 ]

That's what I'm waiting for. One Sony. World needs to get ready for that lethal phone cause it's going to KILL all the smartphones BWAHAHA
T200 -> T68i -> T610 -> K700i -> P910i -> W800i -> P990i -> M600i -> P1-> Nokia E71 -> X1i -> X10 -> Arc S -> Sony Z1 -> Sony Z Ultra -> Sony Z3+ -> iPhone 6 -> iPhone 7 Plus -> iPhone X -> iPhone XS Max
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2013-03-15 16:32
^

You will switch to One Sony ?

Two flagship phones in 1 year
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2013-03-15 17:07
Guys This thread is about GS4, please don't go too far with the topic subject
10 years at Esato
Vipera ammodytes
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2013-03-15 17:14
Camera is really good http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s_4-review-907p3.php#

Sony sensor? If yes, Sony go kill yourself!
OnePlus 8
rikken
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2013-03-15 17:34
This is a great job from Sammy fitting more features and better specs into a more compact device The design may not be for everyone, so what, neither was the design of the S III still it became a huge success. You can't win 'em all and some of the new sw features may be gimmicks but they will lead to something new like innovations always do
Indiandawg
Apple iPhone
PM
Posted: 2013-03-15 17:57

On 2013-03-15 17:34:40, rikken wrote:
This is a great job from Sammy fitting more features and better specs into a more compact device The design may not be for everyone, so what, neither was the design of the S III still it became a huge success. You can't win 'em all and some of the new sw features may be gimmicks but they will lead to something new like innovations always do

@Randomuser Now I'll buy straight in December. Till then I'm going to enjoy XZ.

@Rikken S4 is great device. Doesn't matter if it does not have a compelling design. But now S4 is just any other smartphone. We expected some great innovation and that's what the buzz was all about. A smartphone above par but that's not the case. May be next time.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 4 ... 777879  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic