Previous  123 ... 777879  Next
Author Samsung Galaxy S4 announced
>500
Vivaz Black
PM
Posted: 2013-03-15 02:11
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2013-03-15 01:51:30, Tsepz_GP wrote:
It's a handsome thing looks less feminine than the S3 whilest keeping the predecessor's great ergonomics.

Great work by Samsung, it manages to bring a huge 5inch display, great capacity 2600mAh battery, bigger camera sensor and so on yet STILL manages to be smaller and lighter than the GS3:

Incredible stuff.

Icing on the cake? As usual with Samsung, it comes with the very latest, Android4.2.2 out-the-box.

GSMArena also seems thoroughly impressed

Seems Samsung have done it again, ....Z and One what?

Handsome? Inspired by a pebble like the s3? Extremely bland and uninspiring imho. Nothing on the XZ or the One, and I dont even like the look of the One that much.

You talk as if a bigger camera sensor, battery and screen weigh kg's Obviously with new tech, and keeping the plastic body, allows for a lighter weight.

4.2.2 for a phone launching late April is to be expected. Not from Samsung, but all manufacturers. If the XZ doesnt have the update by then, well, you win this round

GSMArena was also impressed with the iPhone 5 and other iterations before it, but, I wasnt. Whats your point?

Moving on, sure this has a couple better hardware components, but, is it really that much more 'powerful' XZ/HTC One. I dont know what people do with their phones but all 3 are very capable handsets and will handle most tasks thrown at them. The software features Samsung are now introducing, well, I wont comment further on them. Doesnt interest me in the least.
[ This Message was edited by: >500 on 2013-03-15 01:13 ]
Away
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2013-03-15 02:16
What is the obsession with the ergonomics? It's as if people think ergonomics is the only reason to get a phone. Besides, I think the Xperia T has better ergonomics than the s3.

And anyone that says that the s4 wins in ergonomics is just crazy. The ZL has that one on lock, sorry. No manufacturer will be able to get close before next year.

Sony phones don't really look alike, it's just that the wallpaper is the same - details finer than that are distinguishably different. With Samsung...What finer details?

Now can a few more people see what I was talking about before the announcement when I was saying Samsung was going downhill?
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-03-15 02:18
I thought they might have put in a battery as large as the Note 2 though. It's not that much larger than the HTC One battery. For me i don't get the fascination with skinny thin phones. I would rather allow for bigger battery but obviously not making the phone too fat
Phone?? What phone??
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-03-15 02:35
Yep, personally hoped for a 3000mAh battery, the GS3 has an extended 3000mAh battery pack by Samsung and it doesn't make it at all much thicker.
Guess the gigantic batteries shall be found in the Note series.

NOW, what I want to know is what DAC is in this beast??? Please be Wolfson again, its what makes the S3 a great phone for audiophiles!

Can't wait to see which of its new SW features us GS3/Note2 users will get in 4.2 the updated Nature UX looks great, glad they got rid of the black notification bar.

WRT the new features eating battery, if they have done as great a job in making them effecient as they did in the ones in GS3 and Note2 then it'll be fine, I tend to forget I have them on on my GS3 until they kick in e.g. when smart rotation or smart stay kick in.

EDIT: How interesting that Samsung have thrown in a IR Blaster whilest one of its competitors did so in one flagship but not the other and also a Cinemagraph type app.

The Exynos version also offers LTE, just like the i9305 GS3, glad we're getting that version instead of the Qualcomm one
[ This Message was edited by: Tsepz_GP on 2013-03-15 01:46 ]
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-03-15 03:40
Think HTC is kinda panicking

[ This Message was edited by: laffen on 2013-03-15 09:29 ]
Phone?? What phone??
rikken
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2013-03-15 09:32
Sammy is the one pushing technology forward with all the new sw features, Smart-Stay, new sensors like temperatur and humidity, RGB light, digital compass, proximity, gyro and barometer. Health service (supports sensors to measure blood pressure, blood sugar and more). Camera erase function and add a photo taken by the front camera and more........ A lot of people might find these new features insignificant but a few years back the same people wondered why do we need GPS on a phone.....

To me this phone looks great and I am sure it will be a pleasure to use. My next one
rikken
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2013-03-15 09:37
Difference between S III and S IV :

>500
Vivaz Black
PM
Posted: 2013-03-15 09:43

On 2013-03-15 02:35:39, Tsepz_GP wrote:

glad we're getting that version instead of the Qualcomm one

Some would argue against that. Modding community definitely favours the Qualcomm chips.
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-03-15 10:03
I'm not into modding and I no longer do custom ROMs as Samsung's TouchWiz these days tends to offer a lot more than any custom ROM and stock Android. I was once tempted to try Slim Bean but then realised I'd lose a number of valuable functions like Multi-view mulititasking, multi item clipboard, S Memo + S Planner widgets, Reject list, etc...and the insane stability of TouchWiz, its just so robust.

Exynos chips are also always more powerful, especially when it comes to GPU, and more effecient than the Qualcomm chips, if Samsung had switched completely to Qualcomm I'd probably start looking into the next iPhone.
admad
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2013-03-15 10:45
Judging by the samples so far, the camera is really good on SIV. It's so much crisper than what Z can offer... And I wouldn't be surprised if the camera sensor in SIV was produced by Sony, to make the irony even better
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2013-03-15 10:46
http://blog.gsmarena.com/htcs[....]he-fire-against-the-galaxy-s4/

first it was Apple, then Microsoft, now HTC... geez I don't get it, these so called company top brasses are acting like 5y/o kids, it didn't used to be like this before, are those people online gamers? what the heck's with all these trash talks. It's extremely disappointing
10 years at Esato
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-03-15 11:14

On 2013-03-15 10:46:23, razec wrote:
http://blog.gsmarena.com/htcs[....]he-fire-against-the-galaxy-s4/

first it was Apple, then Microsoft, now HTC... geez I don't get it, these so called company top brasses are acting like 5y/o kids, it didn't used to be like this before, are those people online gamers? what the heck's with all these trash talks. It's extremely disappointing

It's a damn shame, they are clearly feeling very threatened. Samsung's marketing budget alone will probably be more than HTC's earnings for the year, that on its own will have them worried, same with Sony, whom I wouldn't be surprised if they do the same, this is what comes with being a dominant player these days, loads of critics, loyal fans and a whole lot of hate form competitors.

If Samsung were able to handle a $1billion loss (which has now been cut by 450mill) to Apple, they can handle a few jealous OEMs who are about half their size. I like how LG went about the GS4 announcement, they basically did to Samsung what Samsung had done to Apple around the iPhone5 launch very nice yet smart at the same time.

Luca-S
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2013-03-15 11:44
Well,now Samsung isn't ahead,techwise,anymore.
Same cheap look,more gimmicks called "future functions" and same amoled sh*t.
HTC,Sony and even LG have a chance now.
Are you nervous?
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-03-15 12:35
And the good news just keeps rolling in, seems us GS3/Note2 users and POSSIBLY GS2 and Note users are in for a treat: http://www.pocketdroid.net/al[....]+Pocketdroid+%28Pocketdroid%29
[ This Message was edited by: Tsepz_GP on 2013-03-15 11:46 ]
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2013-03-15 12:36
perhaps Samsung has plans for an SIV based Galaxy Camera, now that's what I'd call innovation

Though seriously S4 needs a fresher design
10 years at Esato
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 777879  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic