Esato

Forum > Information > Esato News Articles > HTC announces HTC One 4.7-inch flagship smartphone

Previous  123 ... 101112 ... 161718  Next
Author HTC announces HTC One 4.7-inch flagship smartphone
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-05-05 19:27
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
HTC One selling well, but not as well as the Samsung Galaxy S4

http://www.phonearena.com/new[....]-the-Samsung-Galaxy-S4_id42651

And this is probably the only true GS4 threat in Android, it's like a repeat of 2012, once again Samsung gave it's competition a headstart, once again the competition simply hasn't taken full advantage of that headstart, oh dear... even in updates, the One, the Xperia Z and Optimus G Pro came to market earlier yet still run Android4.1 yet 4.3 is around the corner.
[ This Message was edited by: Tsepz_GP on 2013-05-05 18:31 ]
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max White Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2013-05-05 22:58
Its a bit predictable sadly. Wouldn't it be great if for once HTC really released a killer phone ?

If anything, Sony have looked more like they're able to fight on a similar level to Samsung. But the Z sadly is just as faulty as every other Sony mobile before it.

I really wish HTC all the best but yet again its not looking good. How do these companies stay afloat when they're losing money so fast ?
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-05-07 10:11
Some good news for HTC:
Good sales of HTC One lead to a second month of sequential growth for HTC
HTC hit the bottom low this February with revenues dropping and that’s when it announced the HTC One , its 2013 flagship. The HTC One still faces an uphill battle against heavyweights like the Samsung Galaxy S4 , but initial sales are good and in March HTC rebounded, and now in April HTC grows sales once again by a healthy 26%.

The Taiwanese phone maker recorded sales of NT$19 billion (around $642 million) in April which is still way down compared to the NT$30 billion the company had in April of 2012. But those yearly comparisons aren’t really very indicative given the company’s troubled state. What matters right now for HTC is to make maximum use of the momentum with the One.

Those two months of continuous growth have analysts hopeful the company can start a comeback.

There are a lot of hurdles in the way but HTC’s own target of NT $70 billion for the second quarter of the year now seems realistic.

http://www.phonearena.com/new[....]uential-growth-for-HTC_id42673

Seems the Htc One is doing some wonders for them.
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2013-05-07 23:05
Wonders is a strong word. I just hope it digs them out the muck.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-05-08 04:08
Seen a few videos now of this

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KlAt7CKHsNY

HTC One death grip HTC has had this issue before.
Phone?? What phone??
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2013-05-08 23:09
So much for HTC's build quality that some people here have said is higher than Samsung.

Clearly not.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-05-08 23:16
That's death grip,nothing to do with the build quality. You have gone by their build from some earlier devices. But I can tell you from MY experience that majority of their handsets have had excellent rock solid build. Samsung have had build issues aswell with GS3 cracks. Fbloise had it on his once.
Phone?? What phone??
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2013-05-08 23:34
But it is poor build quality. It means generally they've goofed the design up just like Apple did with the iPhone 4 - which they changed in the 4S.

Poor designing of the actual engineering of the phone doesn't end on how it looks or is arranged inside, but also how it can affect the user experience.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-05-12 19:11
http://www.gsmarena.com/samsu[....]y_s4_vs_htc_one-review-913.php

S4 v HTC One
Phone?? What phone??
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-05-13 17:49
Here's some new news,HTC One becoming a best seller(time will tell though)

http://www.mobilenewscwp.co.u[....]s-best-handset-emea-head-says/
Phone?? What phone??
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-05-17 15:59
Great news for HTC

HTC solves its supply issues, HTC One production will double

The HTC One was announced way back in February with the intention of landing on store shelves before the Samsung Galaxy S4 and thus gaining traction and needed momentum, but supply issues plagued the launch for HTC and it was pushed back. Now, three months after the initial announcement HTC has finally worked out its supply kinks and is ready to double production for its HTC One flagship.

The doubling will happen in May compared to April shipments as component shortages will no longer be an issue.

Not just that production of the HTC One will continue growing in June as well to meet what HTC North Asia president Jack Tong says is “strong demand.”

"Our capacity is expected to rise significantly starting from mid-May. We are optimistic about our high-end sales during April and June," Tong said.

HTC officially confirmed it was having issues with supply for its UltraPixel camera, an unconventional 4-megapixe. sensor that had to be manufactured specifically for HTC as no other company is using it.

http://www.phonearena.com/new[....]production-will-double_id43158
[ This Message was edited by: Tsepz_GP on 2013-05-17 15:02 ]
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2013-05-17 22:39
But will they sell ?

I already know more people with S4(s) than Ones. In fact I don't know anyone with a One, ive only seen people vaguely using them in places like the cinema.
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-05-23 15:51
It's selling fantastically well for them:

HTC One sales are strong: 5 million sold despite supply issues

http://www.phonearena.com/new[....]-despite-supply-issues_id43309
And it makes reading the following posts quite funny:

On 2013-02-20 08:59:19, randomuser wrote:
Oh please, get real.

HTC's Q1 sales target is half a million. Sony sold more Z's than that in a single WEEK in Japan.

Last year, Xperia S sold a lot more than Htc One X + One S + OneX+ combined. And we all know Xperia S was way behind One X/OneS/One X+ hardware wise. Z and One are not THAT different.

So just like how Sony Xperia Z is no threat to Galaxy S4 in terms of sales, HTC One is no threat to Sony Xperia Z.

Anyway I do like this handset. A good but inadequate flagship IMO with design copied from Blackberry Z10, Iphone 5 andSony Xperia Ion

Ultrapixel ? FAIL. An average joe isn't gonna understand what ultrapixel is, they will walk into a store and see 4mp - Instant turn off !!!
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2013-02-20 08:03 ]

5million in a month, yep, no threat there

On 2013-02-20 10:03:52, randomuser wrote:

On 2013-02-20 09:30:23, >500 wrote:
If your post was directed to me because I said Sony dont sell as many handsets, it was just a general comment comparing the whole market, ie, Sony not number one. Calm down

Sorry if it seemed that way, my post was not directed at you

@Tsepz_GP

Please don't say something that stupid. No point bringing Xperia X10 to the discussion. That was a very old SE device.

HTC One Q1 sales target is 0.5 million. It will be available starting March 15 in various countries. Xperia Z sold 0.6 million in the first week of release in Japan alone (just one country). It would have sold at least 2 million units by the end of Q1 in Japan alone.

And anyway, it's not something I should even discuss. When Xperia S (which was heavily outdated compared to 2012 HTC flagships) beat HTC One X + One S + One X+ combined in terms of sales numbers, Z has absolutely nothing to worry about.

Sadly, another FAIL by HTC.

Not to mention, they might soon get sued by Blackberry/Apple/Sony. Maybe all 3.
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2013-02-20 09:09 ]

man, being a blind fanboy can have people saying some crazy stuff, withi.n no time the One has proved to be something Sony should certainly worry about, seems I was bang on when I said the Htc One shouldn't have a problem catching up.
Away
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2013-05-23 15:59
From what it seems, it's only doing decent in certain markets. The sales figures are unofficial. And no-one here besides etaab wants htc to fail.

The one is doing good in the USA, hardly going to conflict with the z there...

I've seen one htc one so far, and more Zs in London. It's not exactly taking the world by storm...
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-05-23 16:02
On the same day the HTC First was pulled from UK market
Phone?? What phone??
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 101112 ... 161718  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic