Esato

Forum > Manufacturer Discussion > Samsung > Samsung makes 8 of the top 10 most used Android devices

Author Samsung makes 8 of the top 10 most used Android devices
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-02-20 23:24
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Rikken

Excellent stuff, enjoy it! Will get around to updating my S2....eventually, lol.

Etaab

I've dropped my S3 a few times, today dropped it on its face while cleaning it, not a scratch, dropped it in a nightclub during the weekend, I was pretty tipsy so wasn't very careful, it bounced around a bit but was fine.
WRT RAM, only time I had issues with that was in 4.1.1, but otherwise it's been great, then again I've been using Android for 3years now so I'm used to certain apps shutting down, but I do get what frustrates you there, my mate has a gorgeous titanium grey S3 LTE, i instagramed a pic of it a few weeks ago, that has 2GB RAM and it multitasks a lot like a Symbian/WM6.5 phone but due to the nature of Android especially since FroYo, it has a very aggressive multitasking policy so you do find apps closing even when you have a good 400mb free RAM, it's all down to Android and also how the dev has made the app.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
rickster2kuk
Samsung Galaxy S 4
PM
Posted: 2013-02-20 23:40
The anti-fingerprint coating on the screen always amazes me. Yes you get an initial print but it vanishes after a while and the screen always ends up looking totally unblemished.

I still cannot understand why Sony use those silly screen protectors on their screens they just make the screen a fingerprint smudge mess (well they did with my XS).
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2013-02-21 00:28
My Sgs3 has a scuff on the silver spine near the back key. Happened recently and not sure how. I think its when I put it down on a table and it slid downwards onto something else. The plastic underneath is black I think.

Im not bothered. Its too small to notice for a phone thats been in heavy use for 9 months.
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-02-21 01:02
Quote:

On 2013-02-20 23:40:23, rickster2kuk wrote:
The anti-fingerprint coating on the screen always amazes me. Yes you get an initial print but it vanishes after a while and the screen always ends up looking totally unblemished.\\r\\n\\r\\nI still cannot understand why Sony use those silly screen protectors on their screens they just make the screen a fingerprint smudge mess (well they did with my XS).

On a few HTC devices i have had like the Radar for instance, they had the anti finger print coating and it really does work. I could clean the screen with one swipe of the back of my hand. Hardly got anything stuck to it.
Phone?? What phone??
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2013-02-21 05:12

On 2013-02-20 23:23:33, etaab wrote:

Sony's software is dreadful too. Samsung and HTC keep bringing new software innovation every year. Sony dont.

Cannot disagree there.

after the update to 2.3 on my X10i I think Sony spoilt it

the HTC OS system is very likeable and great to use especially for the fun things

HTC I also think is a far nicer OS and design wise compared with Samsung!
An "Apple" a day keeps the Doctor at Bay!
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2013-02-23 20:27
I prefer Samsungs Android skin just because its colourful and nowhere near as bloated as HTCs which can slow the phone down a smidge.

Sony's skin is dull and grey and tries to change Androids own interface a little too much to Sony's own likes. Like homescreen dots at the top of the screen. Drives me nuts !
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi