Esato

Forum > Manufacturer Discussion > Samsung > Samsung makes 8 of the top 10 most used Android devices

Author Samsung makes 8 of the top 10 most used Android devices
rikken
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2013-02-18 21:40
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Sony has def something to learn from Sammy
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-02-19 02:13
@Rikken you tell them Apple fans. @etaab yes i did have the GS3 but it wasn't as AMAZING as i expected. I just find Samsung designs boring though their phones have great specs,speeds and innovation i am just finding phone after phone boring and all looking the same. It's like 'oh it's another Samsung' i am quite happy being back on WP8 with Nokia. My Xperia T was messed up by Sony's incompetent JB update. Anyway bored now
Phone?? What phone??
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2013-02-19 23:20
@Tzsep_GP - its funny how many times we say such things as that, but people like worf ignore them and keep posting their nonesense.

How many SE 2011 devices are still being updated to the latest version of Android ?

@ Sean72 - I thoroughly agree, I think my next phone will be a Nokia WP. My Sgs3 I love and I just cannot see any point in upgrading to a 2013 Android flagship yet. I might change my mind with the Sgs4, but I doubt it atm. I really love WP, which is a complete U-turn for me but ive spent lots of time with it this past 6 months and I find it refreshingly simple. I so want a WP 808 !!!
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-02-19 23:42
I have found my niche in WP8 and it can only get better. Yes hopefully at the upcoming events Nokia will release a big smasher of a Windows Phone 8 with the best camera
Phone?? What phone??
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2013-02-19 23:52
I forgot to mention in my previous post since im posting from my Sgs3, Samsungs designs are nice but yes a little uninspiring compared to sexy square designs of recent years. But i put that down to them wanting to differentiate their devices from the masses. Last year's One X was a better looking phone than the Sgs3 hands down.

But then I dont use a phone for how it looks more its functionality. If its pig ugly like last years Xperia S then only then would it put me off with looks alone.
rickster2kuk
Samsung Galaxy S 4
PM
Posted: 2013-02-19 23:57
I'm also not convinced metal/aluminium is the way to go. I prefer tough polycarbonate.

The amount of people I have seen with massive scuff marks and scratches on the iphone5 amazes me.

My SGS3 takes fair battering, and whilst the materials may not be best in class, it survives without causing too much damage.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-02-19 23:58
Nokia Lumia phones are a breath of fresh air design wise
Phone?? What phone??
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2013-02-20 00:10
Nokias designs make iphones look dull. They're the best design wise for beauty contests imo.

I saw a white iPhone 5 yesterday and I didnt realise it was an iphone at all. Its entire edge at the top around the front and rear was totally scraped beyond belief. It was in the hand of a customer who came in the retail store I was training in.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-02-20 00:47
Speaking of iPhones i found one someone had dropped today in a Boots store. I did the right thing and handed it in. Many wouldn't but was a white 4S
Phone?? What phone??
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2013-02-20 22:26
Aren't iPhones pointless in finding, or stealing if you're a thief ? Apple provide brilliant software to find and track your iPhone. No?

Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-02-20 22:55
Rikken

Did you get the Galaxy S2 Plus? How is it so far? Using it along side your Note2?
I'm still using my Galaxy S2 along side my S3, still too lazy to update it to JB

Etaab

worf and random like to ignore facts, they live in a sort of reality distortion field, they don't want to believe anything that goes against their precious Sony, they are prepared to deal with Sonys poor update policy ,shoddy software and average hardware, to have a sort of pretty looking phone, can't help them unfortunately, rather sit back and be entertained by their blind bashing of anything that's not Sony.

Sean

Good on you,I would've done the same, I can't stand taking someone else's property especially if they don't know and especially when it's something like a phone, something so personal. How's the Lumia 620 treating you?

WRT everyone talking about design:

I do agree, Samsungs designs are not the best, took me sometime to like the GS3s design but it grew on me, but, one thing that is great about Samsungs designs is that Samsung ensure the phone is palm friendly, not many manufacturers pay attention to this and it becomes crucial when dealing with a phone that has a gigantic +4.0" display. Samsung know that people spend a lot of time on their phones, and the GS3, IMO, is probably THEE besT smartphone out right now in this area thanks to its pebble like design. It's smooth, round with no sharp edges, is it just me who simply can't stand using an iPhone4/4S without a cover due to the seriously sharp edges?
I find Nokias designs boring though, their flagships are literally slabs of polycarbonate with no real great attention to design detail, the other day I saw a Nokia Lumia 900 in a store and it took me a while to register that it was a 900 I thought it was a Lumia 920 until I took a closer look, at this point Htc and Sony do the best designs, IMO, I got to give credit where it's due, the Xperia T, Z, One X+ and One are some great looking devices, pity they don't bring a whole lot though, I think 2013 may be Samsungs year just like 2012 at this point.
[ This Message was edited by: Tsepz_GP on 2013-02-20 21:56 ]
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
rikken
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2013-02-20 23:03
Tsepz_GP, the S II Plus is great in every way. Gorgeus screen, exellent camera, NFC and as always with Sammy, the phones runs fast and fluid unlike some other Androids out there

JB will turn your S II into a new phone
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2013-02-20 23:06
Probably. I cannot see anyone toppling Samsung this year. I can imagine their next flagship being very special.

In regard to the Sgs3, I didnt like the design as much as the 2 from the previous year but after owning one, its actually a really good design. Ive not dropped my phone once in 9 months. It hasnt even come close to slipping from my hand apart from in the house on the sofa. The hyperglaze nonesense does work. Surprisingly.

My main beef with my phone is ram. 1gb isnt enough for a 2012 flagship. Not that mine is slow but it cannot multitask without closing some apps by itself. Also id like a bigger battery. I can run mine flat in a couple of hours of heavy browsing, texting etc.
rickster2kuk
Samsung Galaxy S 4
PM
Posted: 2013-02-20 23:17
Etaab, I think it will be a square fight between Sony and Samsung this year. I really like the new One but most consumers are going to see 4.7 and 4mpx camera and pip for the Sony or SGS4.

I don't think the SGS4 is going to be that revolutionary, there are rumours that non LTE version will not use a Enxynos chip and a Snapdragon one instead. Cam will go to 13mpx, screen to 5" and RAM to 2GB. For that those don't warrant an upgrade.

I have the LTE version with 2GB and it's buttery smooth and fast; 8mpx is fine for me at the moment and the screen size is perfect. I think Samsung will still use Pentile AMOLED so even if the screen is 1080p with a higher ppi I don't think it will make a massive leap. But then this is all speculation.

Battery increase would also be nice, for a phone that has AMOLED which I understood is suppose to be power saving I can also chew through the battery fairly quickly and of all the smartphone's I've had this has the worst battery life (although I also blame Jelly Bean which is more battery intense than ICS).

I do agree with Bono thou - Samsung need to get a better build quality this time around. SGS3 is okay, and mine does take a battering - HTC One looks so industrial and great and a premium feel and even Sony have done this.

Where I think Samsung have done a better job than Sony with the Z is ergonomics. The rounded edges and curved back make the SGS3 really easy to hold one handed and to access the whole screen, it's also light in the hand. By contrast I found the Z too big to use easily - the edges were too pronounced and it felt to me a little too bulky.
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2013-02-20 23:23
Square fight meaning a fair fight ? I dont think Sony stand a chance.

The Galaxy brand is far too strong. The Z only has its iPhone style design with little USPs to make it stand out.

Sony's software is dreadful too. Samsung and HTC keep bringing new software innovation every year. Sony dont.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi