Esato

Forum > Manufacturer Discussion > Samsung > Samsung makes 8 of the top 10 most used Android devices

Author Samsung makes 8 of the top 10 most used Android devices
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-02-15 22:52
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2013-02-15 22:24:35, worf1000 wrote:

On 2013-02-15 21:59:26, etaab wrote:
A truely creative and well thought out point. Well done.

Ironically pointless though.

If you insist, the only thing what Samsung can do is copy from other inspiration and technology and than you read here well done samsung you are innovating what have they innovating stuff?

Then you read features wise Samsung are all the best all rounder, what the hell is this for bullshit?
What features they mention?, you don't read here only features wise what features wise tell me the features than?

Than you read: Samsung have done an excellent job, what job they do? Copy I phone's design to get more attention from I-phone users. Samsung get also government support, be proud on that and also it calls false competition.

Stealing information from other tech companies, be also proud on that. Need i go on?
What s useless and stupid article, if samsung so important without Samsung.

Guys, i just getting sick of Samsung sorry for that
[ This Message was edited by: worf1000 on 2013-02-15 21:28 ]

^ A whole lot of words put together without making any real sense. What I get from what worf1000 has said is that he has a blind hatred for Samsung, and is irritated by all the fanfare for them.

Saying Samsung simply copied and stole is just well, pathetic, as every single company INCLUDING your beloved Sony is guilty in some way or another of "copying/stealing" ideas as you like to put it.

Samsung have done an incredible job with Android, TO THIS DAY Samsung still have the fastest and smoothest Android UI outside the Nexus line, they still throw in the best chipsets with the best GPUs in every new flagship, the best features, the best UI, heck Samsungs are now the best multitasking Androids around thanks to Multiview multitasking, not even the latest Androids such as Htc DNA, Xperia Z etc... Have that sort of multitasking, Samsung also throw in excellent Camera modules, the funniest part is that Samsung never really boast about their phones cameras yet their phones have amongst the best camera hardware, being beaten only by Nokia and being neck and neck with Apple, while Sony struggle to even make an impression.

With all that Samsung have the best all round Androids , covering both heavy users (with the best hardware) and average users (great fluid and fast UI) at the same time, it's no wonder the GS3 and GNote2 have been such a success. Now look at Sony, with two flops, number 1 being the Xperia S, users still waiting for JB, it has dated hardware from the day it was released and its specs were average at best. The Xperia T, number 2, seemed to be well on its way to success but yet again Sonys poor support, and late arrival spoilt it for them, and now the T's JB FW turns out to be quite the rush job with many running back to ICS, it's no wonder Sony are struggling, and explains worf1000s anger, his favorite brand just isn't performing as they should.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max White Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-02-15 22:59

On 2013-02-15 22:42:32, rikken wrote:
If you believe that Samsung's success comes from stealing and copying maybe this article will enlighten you : http://www.samsung.com/us/news/20312

+1
A hard pill to swallow for the Samsung haters right there.
Lets look at the bright side for the Samsung haters, at least Sony can make pretty phones, although that's where it seems to begin and end for them.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max White Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
worf1000
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-02-15 23:34

If you believe that Samsung's success comes from stealing and copying maybe this article will enlighten you : http://www.samsung.com/us/news/20312

You give me a Samsung link, so that they claim it for them self?

“Samsung continues to create superior industry-leading products, content and services,” said Y.K. Kim, president and CEO, Samsung Electronics America, Inc. “We are honored that CEA and the industry have recognized this commitment, and we look forward to demonstrating our latest product innovations at the 2013 International CES.” "

This is no innovation being big also get government support very innovating right?

"Samsung Electronics’ award-winners include products in the TV, home theater system, mobile phone, tablet, home appliance, server, software, and computer component categories. All of Samsung's award-winning products will be on display during the 2013 International CES, which runs January 8-11, 2013, in Samsung booth #12004 in the Central Hall of the Las Vegas Convention Center. Honorees will also be displayed at CES Unveiled: The Official Press Event of the International CES from 4-7 p.m. on Sunday, January 6 in the South Seas Ballroom C at Mandalay Bay."

Damn, they have very big mouth those stupid Samsung boys. What award, award they get paid to be choose?

"Many of the winning products will be first unveiled at Samsung’s CES press conference, scheduled for 2 p.m. on Monday January 7, 2013. The following are additional details for some of the award recipients:

Samsung received two Best of Innovation Awards for its 85-inch UHD TV and Samsung Smart TV Camera.

Samsung’s 85-inch UHD TV, the world’s largest commercialized UHD LED TV, boasts life-like picture quality in ultra HD resolution with over 8 million pixels, four times the resolution of Full HD displays. Samsung’s UHD TV uses an innovative enhanced dimming technology and a very high contrast ratio to deliver deep, real blacks and pure whites for greater detail and unmatched picture clarity. This new, cutting-edge TV also offers a powerful and dynamic range of sounds.

Samsung Smart TV Camera supports full HD resolution and enables Smart Interaction features such as Gesture Control and Face Recognition when it is attached to Smart TVs without built-in cameras."

This idea came from Sony first, not samsung Sony came first with the UHD not samsung, they only copy it.
They get a award for stealing ideas from other? A award for stealing is also a award right?
unmatched , man Samsung are the worst about picture quality, the dumbs post i ever read.

"Samsung’s 2013 Smart LED TV 7500 and 8000 Series, as well as its OLED TV were recognized as 2013 Design and Engineering Award honorees.

The Samsung EX2F SMART Compact Camera packs enough punch to impress even the most discerning shutterbugs, with premium image quality and performance, full manual control in a strong yet lightweight magnesium body, and robust wireless connectivity

The Samsung Induction Range with Flex Cookzone makes cooking easier with a flexible cooking surface which accommodates pots or griddles that would not fit on a standard-sized heating surface. It also features a boil sensor which helps eliminate boil-overs by alerting the user or automatically reducing heat to a pre-set level.

The Samsung Galaxy S III is the third generation of Samsung’s iconic and highly successful Galaxy S line of smartphones.

The Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 redefines the tablet experience by offering content creation capabilities with its S-pen, true multitasking with the unique multi-screen capability, and unparalleled performance with a 1.4 Ghz quad-core processor.

Samsung’s TecTiles™ programmable NFC stickers and the TecTiles™ programming mobile application work together to help consumers integrate NFC technology into their daily lives

The Samsung Series 9 Premium Ultrabook combines power and speed with a stunning display and sophisticated design into an unparalleled and amazingly lightweight device.

The Samsung CLP-365W Laser Color Printer is perfect for personal or small-business use with amazing color and wireless capabilities in a compact ergonomic design.

The Samsung NL22B LCD Transparent Display is the ultimate retail product showcase with a 22-inch LCD transparent display case in a single, powerful package.

Samsung’s 2GB LPDDR3 Mobile DRAM Chip is an extremely fast performing memory solution for high-end smartphones, tablets, and other mobile applications. With a data transfer speed of up to 1600 Mbps, it provides optimal overall system performance to mobile device users including supporting full HD video content in real-time."

Sonyericsson was the first with a tranaparant display, samsung always take ideas from others.
Samsung is not the best Laserprinter maker, so this is useless.

Those ram technology is coming from Rambus what Samsung stole from them.
XDR RAM is still Superior.

Stunning display, is that's all to get a award? You call that innovating those stuff?

"
Samsung’s 64GB MicroSD Memory Card is designed to meet the security, capacity, performance and environmental requirements of leading-edge audio and video consumer devices. The memory card can record up to 96 hours of HD video, store up to 60,000 photos in a single session and provide up to 50,000 hours of music. Samsung’s 64GB microSD card generates the highest random speeds in the industry (1,800 random read inputs/outputs per second and 500 random write IOPS)."

Sony has also Memorystick back than and also Sandisk, i bet Samsung steal their information, soon we will read Sandisk sues Samsung over a patent.

Nothing innovating on that, it's already here.

"The Samsung Exynos 5 Dual is the world’s first ARM Cortex A-15 Dual Core application processor. Using 32nm HKMG (High-K Metal Gate) process technology, the 1.7 GHz dual core Exynos 5 Dual brings unmatched performance to leading mobile devices while maintaining low power consumption. Consumers using mobile products with the Exynos 5 Dual will enjoy super fast devices with a beautiful high resolution WQXGA user interface"

Stolen from Qualcom technology at first, before samsung don't make CPU's
Exynos is the worst and overrated architecture from Samsung the copycat.

The rest is just pointless so-called awards.
Give me a real innovating technology please, not what already is.
worf1000
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-02-15 23:40

On 2013-02-15 22:59:59, Tsepz_GP wrote:

+1
A hard pill to swallow for the Samsung haters right there.
Lets look at the bright side for the Samsung haters, at least Sony can make pretty phones, although that's where it seems to begin and end for them.

I don't hate Samsung, i just on Samsung because they are nothing more than thief.
Second, you agree with self claiming Samsung site i think you are to much.
worf1000
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-02-15 23:53

On 2013-02-15 22:52:34, Tsepz_GP wrote:

On 2013-02-15 22:24:35, worf1000 wrote:

On 2013-02-15 21:59:26, etaab wrote:
A truely creative and well thought out point. Well done.

Ironically pointless though.

If you insist, the only thing what Samsung can do is copy from other inspiration and technology and than you read here well done samsung you are innovating what have they innovating stuff?

Then you read features wise Samsung are all the best all rounder, what the hell is this for bullshit?
What features they mention?, you don't read here only features wise what features wise tell me the features than?

Than you read: Samsung have done an excellent job, what job they do? Copy I phone's design to get more attention from I-phone users. Samsung get also government support, be proud on that and also it calls false competition.

Stealing information from other tech companies, be also proud on that. Need i go on?
What s useless and stupid article, if samsung so important without Samsung.

Guys, i just getting sick of Samsung sorry for that
[ This Message was edited by: worf1000 on 2013-02-15 21:28 ]

"^ A whole lot of words put together without making any real sense. What I get from what worf1000 has said is that he has a blind hatred for Samsung, and is irritated by all the fanfare for them.

Saying Samsung simply copied and stole is just well, pathetic, as every single company INCLUDING your beloved Sony is guilty in some way or another of "copying/stealing" ideas as you like to put it.

Are you ignorant or so? i do not hate samsung i just on Samsung because they never innovate thing and only steal others ideas. Second, i also agree that sopny steal other technology i do not deny that, but you sammy girls fans always deny that Samsung is not a thief.

Samsung have done an incredible job with Android, TO THIS DAY Samsung still have the fastest and smoothest Android UI outside the Nexus line, they still throw in the best chipsets with the best GPUs in every new flagship, the best features, the best UI, heck Samsungs are now the best multitasking Androids around thanks to Multiview multitasking, not even the latest Androids such as Htc DNA, Xperia Z etc... Have that sort of multitasking, Samsung also throw in excellent Camera modules, the funniest part is that Samsung never really boast about their phones cameras yet their phones have amongst the best camera hardware, being beaten only by Nokia and being neck and neck with Apple, while Sony struggle to even make an impression.

No, Sony has the smoothest android so far and always be but you love Samsung and don't see the other things.
Put more cores will not help, that's proven years ago and you still lives in a Samsung wet dream.
Multitasking was already in phones, don't play that Samsung was first please. Don't lie please.

Sony struggle because the false competition from Samsung and LG, those get more than 10 years government support and not invest innovation like Sony does. Apple get tough time because Samsung make their phone and Tablads what Identical as Iphone and Ipad was. Nokia is the same argument like Sony has, cheap government supported plastic device by Samsung and soon Chinese will follow.

With all that Samsung have the best all round Androids , covering both heavy users (with the best hardware) and average users (great fluid and fast UI) at the same time, it's no wonder the GS3 and GNote2 have been such a success. Now look at Sony, with two flops, number 1 being the Xperia S, users still waiting for JB, it has dated hardware from the day it was released and its specs were average at best. The Xperia T, number 2, seemed to be well on its way to success but yet again Sonys poor support, and late arrival spoilt it for them, and now the T's JB FW turns out to be quite the rush job with many running back to ICS, it's no wonder Sony are struggling, and explains worf1000s anger, his favorite brand just isn't performing as they should

What the best hardware? explain please?
Dude, Sony is only company that make their update by them self to fit and test for it's handset for optimal usage for us, Samsung never do that.

Last time i have faulty Xperia T, it's with care handled by Sony it self, only 2 weeks waiting and i was not the only one.
You really need get a picture what samsung really is.
rikken
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2013-02-16 00:25
There are no sammy girls fans here, only people who want the best mobile technology offers. You might wanna adress us in a more mature tone if we shall take you seriously

And Sony struggles because they, unlike Samsung and Apple, fail to deliever products the majority of customres want

And Sony does NOT produce the smoothest android, I have had both the Xperia S and Acro S and they were both slow and laggy with average camera quality

And if Sony is, as you claim, the only company who make their own update by them self to fit and test for it's handset for optimal usage for us, then they need to get some assistance ASAP

The CES awards given to Samsung, 117 over the last 4 years, comes from innovation and evolution of technology

randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2013-02-16 04:12
You all might wanna read this

http://www.theverge.com/2013/[....]hoe-chan-loses-government-seat
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2013-02-16 10:08
@ Tsepz_GP & rikken - this the funny thing. Back in mid January a couple of weeks ago i was flamed royally for daring to go into the Xperia Z thread and having an opinion of which was not as favourable of the Sony phone. For having an opinion i was subjected to abuse and called nasty names for doing so. The deluded people in there asked me to leave the thread and go talk in the Samsung forum. Which i did.

The point being is, people like worf and randomuser, two users who i have absolutely no respect for whatsoever, i literally could not care less about their opinions. They tried to install a dictatorship here on Esato which flames anyone who isnt blindly in love with Sony. If Masseur was still here, i very much doubt their abusive remarks would even be left to remain on this site.

But the crime they accused me of committing, causing upset in the Sony forum, they're doing the very same now. What total hypocritical cretins these people are. They repeatedly leave their beloved Sony section to come en mass into other areas to tell us how bad we are for having our own minds and opinions. They're the forum equivelant of extremist terrorists. I wouldnt be surprised if they PM each other just invading Samsung section, need back up !

It doesnt matter what they say. They never have a single credible piece of information, facts, or opinions that actually make up a decent arguement. They say things like, you're intimidated by the Sony phone. I really am not at all. They say things like, you're a Samsung fanboy. I really am not. They really do not and appear to not be able to understand that some people are able to pick and choose what they buy through research and carefully picking what is right for them. If it just so happens that i chose a product which is also the market leader (by more than a mile), that does not make me a fanboy.

But they cannot understand that.

@ worf & random - you do belong in this forum. Go back to the Sony section and do no post anywhere else.

^
BTW - thats your rule you tried to impose on me, so lets see you do the same. If the tiny amount of intelligence you do possess allows you to understand one thing, try to understand that.
[ This Message was edited by: etaab on 2013-02-16 09:09 ]
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2013-02-16 10:11
Yep I'm leaving And @Worf1000 you should leave too
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2013-02-16 10:19
Yes you should. As the saying goes take your own advice !

Btw i keep my eye on the Xperia Z forum daily. I see some of the **** you people post in there every single day. What total abusive comments you have for anything that isnt Sony. You're brand sheep. Hooligans. You're fanboys.

Like i said in your beloved Xperia Z thread, come see me on 1st July with your sales figures of the Xperia Z and lets compare it to what Samsung have by then. And then, on that day, you can come grovelling back in any thread to apologise.

Until Sony then announce their second flagship of the year and you can start your nonesense all over again.

Without replying, lets see if you can spot the word Sony in this picture, courtesy of Tzsep_GP:

[ This Message was edited by: etaab on 2013-02-16 09:22 ]
rikken
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2013-02-16 10:42
Old news
So a politician (a lawmaker) broke the communications laws to prove that others are lawbreakers

illegally recorded tapes and allegedly bribes ????

Here in Norway there was an article not long ago about Apple and how the do not allow sellers of their products to say that there is something wrong with the iPhone : http://www.mobilen.no/artikle[....]-noe-er-galt-med-iphone/115742 ( in norwegian)

etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2013-02-16 10:45
Wasnt this thing about Samsung from the 1990's ?

Wasnt that 20 year ago, when Samsung were a pretty much budget manufacturer, like ZTE etc.. ?

Not that it matters. What they do behind their closed doors, behind the doors of Apple, Sony or any others.. couldnt care less.
[ This Message was edited by: etaab on 2013-02-16 09:46 ]
rikken
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2013-02-16 10:50

On 2013-02-16 10:08:48, etaab wrote:
@ Tsepz_GP & rikken - this the funny thing. Back in mid January a couple of weeks ago i was flamed royally for daring to go into the Xperia Z thread and having an opinion of which was not as favourable of the Sony phone. For having an opinion i was subjected to abuse and called nasty names for doing so. The deluded people in there asked me to leave the thread and go talk in the Samsung forum. Which i did.

The point being is, people like worf and randomuser, two users who i have absolutely no respect for whatsoever, i literally could not care less about their opinions. They tried to install a dictatorship here on Esato which flames anyone who isnt blindly in love with Sony. If Masseur was still here, i very much doubt their abusive remarks would even be left to remain on this site.

But the crime they accused me of committing, causing upset in the Sony forum, they're doing the very same now. What total hypocritical cretins these people are. They repeatedly leave their beloved Sony section to come en mass into other areas to tell us how bad we are for having our own minds and opinions. They're the forum equivelant of extremist terrorists. I wouldnt be surprised if they PM each other just invading Samsung section, need back up !

It doesnt matter what they say. They never have a single credible piece of information, facts, or opinions that actually make up a decent arguement. They say things like, you're intimidated by the Sony phone. I really am not at all. They say things like, you're a Samsung fanboy. I really am not. They really do not and appear to not be able to understand that some people are able to pick and choose what they buy through research and carefully picking what is right for them. If it just so happens that i chose a product which is also the market leader (by more than a mile), that does not make me a fanboy.

But they cannot understand that.

@ worf & random - you do belong in this forum. Go back to the Sony section and do no post anywhere else.

^
BTW - thats your rule you tried to impose on me, so lets see you do the same. If the tiny amount of intelligence you do possess allows you to understand one thing, try to understand that.
[ This Message was edited by: etaab on 2013-02-16 09:09 ]

Well said

I also chose to buy the phone that offers me the best in terms of specs and UI. For now that is a Samsung, next time it might be a HTC or a Sony. . . . .
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2013-02-16 18:34
Put it this way, do you think any phone released this year, 2013, other than Apple or Samsung made will sell more units than the Galaxy S3 ?

No. I very much doubt it. The only phones capable of outselling the best Android phone around will be its successor and its main rival - Apple.

And why ? because Samsungs next phone will be better and not just keeping up.
worf1000
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-02-16 18:51

On 2013-02-16 10:11:29, randomuser wrote:
Yep I'm leaving And @Worf1000 you should leave too

I will, those guys are just silly they deliberately ignoring critics about the true face of Samsung and only loud shout, nothing more than that.

I gonna leave
[ This Message was edited by: worf1000 on 2013-02-16 17:52 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi