Esato

Forum > Network operators > Europe > Where are the other 4G Networks?

Author Where are the other 4G Networks?
Del
Sony Xperia Z1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-02-05 18:18
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Oh let the 4G wars begin excellent move by Three.
Brought to you straight from the event horizon of a quantum singularity.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-02-05 23:15
I have found over past two years now I don't wanna be with any other network except Three. Love them
Phone?? What phone??
julias
X2 White
PM
Posted: 2013-02-06 12:09
I would rather be three than EE
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2013-02-12 07:39
Thats rather Plush of "Freebie" "3" that info (I Likey)
An "Apple" a day keeps the Doctor at Bay!
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-02-19 23:53
Been praising Three for ages now but the past week nothing but problems. All of a sudden it's become very slow like download speeds of 450kbps at ALL times of day. The signal often drops out and You Tube is unusable. I downloaded a 1mb app and it took 4 minutes I have been onto Three many times and they insist nothing is wrong in my area. But i said there must be cos when i leave my area my internet is fine again. So i send an email complaint. The next day my signal has dropped to one bar and they tell me now there IS something wrong in my area and work is going on. Now tonight its back to full signal and slow as a snail internet again Am now at the end of my patience. After months of rarely any issues it's now a complete joke and with Three it's like talking to robots on the phone. Gonna leave if nothing improves by next week
Phone?? What phone??
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2013-02-20 00:18
Ive had that kind of issue before but on all networks. I think it happens when there is either maintenance work going on, or there is an issue that isnt classed as a problem from the cell tower but with the nodes that pass on the data through the network. Which is why if you move area it improves. Its all about being patient and waiting for the issue to rectify itself.
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-02-20 03:51
Yeah i was thinking about that same thing about the nodes. I have heard sometimes they can burn out or just break. Am sure others in the area will report it.
Phone?? What phone??
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2013-02-20 23:28
The way traffic is routed could be over hundreds of miles through the network. It only needs one slow link in that chain to bring down speeds if the cell tower in your area is main slave server to the customer.

In my area ive had networks drop speed or signal and rivals stay fine even though they're mounted on the same tower. I use OFcoms site checker to find local cell towers.
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2013-02-20 23:35
I had the same issue and it took them ten days to sort it out. They tried to get me to reset my phone and I said No FKN Way.

I had two Three phones with the same issue and I told them when I went out of the area it was fine.

So I asked him to check the mast and he came back and told me it was a maintenance issue, to which I asked them wouldn't it be easier to check for a maintenance issue first before getting people to reset their handsets and download all their apps again which can take hours!!!

Silly idiots, the worst customer service EVER!!!!

Anyway, I asked them for the number of the mast and what the estimated fix time was and they said L400 and the fix time was about 14 days, but it was back to normal before then. This is fine, as long as they sort things out and not try and fob people off. All networks have outages and problems, that's only to be expected..

I just wish they'd tell the truth and check the easiest things first.

OT: I see Three have won part of the 800Mhz spectrum for their 4G. Won't this mean be penetration in tall buildings for the lower frequencies? This should be good.

@etaab download and app called OPENSIGNAL. This gives you detailed mast info and locations and let's you refresh your mast connection and boosts your signal.
[ This Message was edited by: goldenface on 2013-02-20 22:37 ]
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-02-21 01:07
Reset your phone OMG well that's stupid. The one female agent said to me if your connection is slow try checking how many apps you have running in the background. I thought,huh?? What RAM my phone is using is nothing to do with your network speed. They always do the same rigmarole of like reading from a script. Turn your phone off and back on again

Anyway looking forward to 4G and more capacity too.
Phone?? What phone??
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2013-02-21 21:26
99% of these staff members in shops or even on tech support phone lines dont know anything. They have no interest in the products they sell or support.

You're better off going online and asking people in forums.

I bought a laptop last year and was puzzled for ages about how slow wifi was on it. Pc world said it was my router. My laptop was too powerful for it. Yeah right.

Turns out they had installed the wrong drivers at the factory. I had to manually install a third party driver and edit my own windows registry. Works now.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-02-21 21:40
PC World oh dear don't get me started with them. Their in store so called tech experts had not got a clue what was wrong with my brothers laptop. His DVD drive would not read blank discs and they just said we don't know cannot do anything even under warranty the local second hand PC shop knew more I had a message pop up tonight on my mobile broadband from Three saying they are aware of the loacal issue and are working hard on fixing it
[ This Message was edited by: Sean72 on 2013-02-21 20:41 ]
Phone?? What phone??
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2013-02-23 20:24
Well there you go then. It sounds like your problems will soon be sorted.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-02-23 20:36
Still very slow at times but is slightly better. They said I would get a text when work is complete. i give Three their due whenever they tell me they will call me back they alway do. They do try to help alot I think it's just sometimes the way they speak is like robots
Phone?? What phone??
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2013-02-24 11:25
You're lucky. When i moved house two years ago into the cottage i live in now, the village in which we live has poor to none existent mobile signal especially indoors on all and any networks.

We rely heavily on our wifi for internet use at home which thankfully is cable and very fast. To make calls on Three, i have to stand in our conservatory. Any further into the house and signal drops out.

So having 4G with Three will be great when im at work or out and about, but at home i'll still be using wifi.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic