Esato

Forum > Manufacturer Discussion > Blackberry > BlackBerry Z10 official: 4.2-inch 1,280 x 768 display, 1.5GHz dual-core Snapdragon S4 Plus LTE

Author BlackBerry Z10 official: 4.2-inch 1,280 x 768 display, 1.5GHz dual-core Snapdragon S4 Plus LTE
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-02-13 05:29
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2013-12-01 01:07:29, Away wrote:
Now all they need are amazing hardware specs to future-proof their devices.

Are there ANY rumours for upcoming devices?
[ This Message was edited by: Away on 2013-12-01 00:10 ]

- Future Proofing: Seems I get no lag on BB10.0, and BB10.2.1 (Official/Leaked) is highly stable, very efficient and quite fast on my Z10 (I've still yet to use the Q10 but Dups should be able to comment if he hasn't fully gone over to Android). This OS has some legs to grow still and I don't see these current devices getting any lack of support soon. Sure some features are just not there (MirrorCast natively on internal hardware, WiFi to an adapter to the TV will work and many are on the market).

Rumors of Devices:
- we already know, non-rumor, that a low cost device is to appear (thinking cheaper than Q5) in the next 60 days.
- Q30/Q50 keyboard type device as well to be announced at MWC or shortly after, so again 60 days or less.
>> Love that Foxconn is making devices now.
>>> Rumour has seen HTML5 logs of a quad-core BB10 device making the rounds over the next running 10.3 which is really early build so I'm quite surprised. I don't even see a leak for 10.3 at all.

RUMOR is the Ontario device !!!
[ This Message was edited by: Supa_Fly on 2014-02-13 06:21 ]
|AppleTV2|iPhone 12Mini 256GB|iPad Pro 256GB| Previously ... K750|Z500|Z520|K700|K790i|K850i, :Ericsson: T18z|T28World|T36m x3|T68m (Ericsson, not the rebranded T68i).
DSF
R520
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-03-08 22:49
Guys, the price of the Z10 dropped so much... it really worth it! So I ordered mine, hope it will come somewhere the next week (here we got problems with inventories). Z10 4G STL 100-2. I'm happy that Z10 got an LCD and not an AMOLED screen. I have a S II and just after few months the screen started to degrade. For example, I can see the difference when looking at the status bar location in landscape - it is very visible. Too bad they have chosen AMOLED on Z30. Anyway, Z30 is also too big. I prefer Z10.
I hope somehow we get Miracast, the hardware should be capable of that. Maybe it's because of the STL 100-1 phones (TI OMAP ones)..

Anyway, I've started reading the topic from the start. Found neat stuff, such as data "redundancy", thanks SupaFly . Also I would like to thank you for your informative video.

However:

Gaming is pretty outstanding to be honest! I don't think there is anything the iPhone 5 can do in terms of gaming prowess that the Z10 cannot do - the limitations comes down to just how good the programmer or team of programmers are, their experience and understanding and implementation of the various API's.

Z10 has a poor GPU, it's below iphone 5. heck, people says the Qualcomm variants (STL-100-2+) have weaker GPU than the TI OMAP one..

Why does anyone really need a "YouTube" application? Think about this ... it just keeps your sign-on data, goes to the the web service and brings in videos, maybe even catches them. Ooooh the layout can get a bit fancy but its becoming more unified than ever before across all platforms ... it doesn't do ANYTHING else that you can do on your web browser, nothing, no new features, no new functions, nothing. So why should a developer be needed nor waste his/her time coding the app for any platform?? There is no YouTube app on BB10, its just a shortcut that opens to the site in the HTML5 coded browser (which does support flash if enabled in it's settings). The only thing this shortcut does beyond being a branded icon is that it keeps the browser processes different from your existing opened sites in the browser, doesn't co-mingle the two.

Trust me, a native application is so much better than o mobile site. Let's take the iOS Yotube app and mobile site. The app provide:
- faster navigation, including faster video previews, faster subscriptions load (that persists)
- better UI
- you can send the video to TV (via DLNA)
- you can "minimize" the video and search for something else
- set the quality of the video
- etc etc

Now If I can find a fast solution to migrate sms from Android. Something as Sprite Migrate, that I've used when I migrated data from Windows Mobile to Android . If anyone knows something ok, please post here. Thanks!
PS: Contacts will be synched from Gmail (DAV?, that's how I sync on my iphone)
Edit: Found it on Blackberry site: http://us.blackberry.com/supp[....]g-to-bb10-device/personal.html
Edit: Nevermind, it's not for SMS migration.
[ This Message was edited by: DSF on 2014-03-08 22:15 ]
DSF
R520
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-03-19 07:29
Got the z10 (stl 100-2).

Unfortunately the performance is subpar.
If you come from an iPhone 5 you can see the difference.. from the browser to simple tasks. Browser lags on scroll and render, adobe reader is laggy on scroll, apps start slower, drop frames in many transitions (animations), and so on.

Heck, now I understand the mass returning of devices. At that flagship price with mediocre performance...

Anyway, BlackBerry z10 deserves 365$ (how much I've paid for it), but not 600$+.

Also it operates hotter than iphone 5. Plus the lsck of apps is not a good feeling . Such a bad joke with youtube web page shortcut. And 3rd party apps (supertube, fasttube) are no near the iphone youtube app experience

I was expected a fluid experience, at least on par with iphone.. but I got something android like performance in many aspects

I like the gestures and blackberry hub.
hibiskus
BlackBerry Z10
PM
Posted: 2014-04-02 18:16
been running z10 from july 2013, and it is definitely best phone i used so far, including best OS i have used so far. I managed to setup android gmote remote media player, printing directly from phone, connected it with BT mouse and BT keyboard and use it for my press reports on the field. Browser is superfast and HUB is fantastic, oh and I forgot last time it rebooted on its own.
I ve been tempted to buy z30 cause its screen size and USB on the go.
I never used any BB phone untill z10 and i must say that bb10 is sooooooo underrated
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi