Posted: 2013-03-11 22:11
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I need help,i shutdown my Xperia Z normaly and it wont turn on! Please HELP ME
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-03-11 22:12
I loved the XT but Sony ruined it with JB update. The Weather widget made the home screens jerk and stutter. This was also the case when i tired 2 different XZ in 2 different stores with all apps killed I still found the home screens juddered a little which kinda made me wonder a little.
[ This Message was edited by: Sean72 on 2013-03-11 21:14 ]
Phone?? What phone??
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-03-11 22:17

On 2013-03-11 22:11:46, burnin wrote:
I need help,i shutdown my Xperia Z normaly and it wont turn on! Please HELP ME

Is your battery fully charged?? I do know someone who's XZ died out the box
Phone?? What phone??
burnin
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2013-03-11 22:18
Not fully Charged its about 60% died complitly have 4 hours out of box everthing its working
pbhat25
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2013-03-12 02:37
Hey dawg

Can you tell me from where did you buy this phone and for what price?
burnin
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2013-03-12 02:54
Expansys, i think its from UK shipment, the wall plug in its UK

600 € aprox.

Still dead, no sign of recovery, dont charge, dont turn on
Indiandawg
Apple iPhone
PM
Posted: 2013-03-12 04:22

On 2013-03-12 02:37:16, pbhat25 wrote:
Hey dawg

Can you tell me from where did you buy this phone and for what price?

I bought it from Sony Center, Opera House for Rs. 36,990

Why is nobody telling me why I don't see the option move to SD for applications
T200 -> T68i -> T610 -> K700i -> P910i -> W800i -> P990i -> M600i -> P1-> Nokia E71 -> X1i -> X10 -> Arc S -> Sony Z1 -> Sony Z Ultra -> Sony Z3+ -> iPhone 6 -> iPhone 7 Plus -> iPhone X -> iPhone XS Max
pbhat25
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2013-03-12 04:35
^^
Is it possible that this option is available only if you have SD card installed?
Did you get any freebies from the store, headphone, SD card, etc?
[ This Message was edited by: pbhat25 on 2013-03-12 03:40 ]
angryman
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2013-03-12 04:52

On 2013-03-11 22:18:55, burnin wrote:
Not fully Charged its about 60% died complitly have 4 hours out of box everthing its working

Press and hold the Volume Up + Power button until the unit vibrates a few times.

Regarding the jerkyness of the UI. I think some of Sony's widgets refresh themselves whenever you move the homescreen slightly. I know the old timescape widget updates and stutters when ever you scroll the screen even slightly, Walkman, picture roll and weather also.
I generally remove all Sony Widgets and the phone runs fine. (I dont have an XZ btw).
Indiandawg
Apple iPhone
PM
Posted: 2013-03-12 06:13
No I only got the premium case, no headphones.

I downloaded third party app for apps 2 sd and it says my sd card is not primary or its emulated. What does that mean??
T200 -> T68i -> T610 -> K700i -> P910i -> W800i -> P990i -> M600i -> P1-> Nokia E71 -> X1i -> X10 -> Arc S -> Sony Z1 -> Sony Z Ultra -> Sony Z3+ -> iPhone 6 -> iPhone 7 Plus -> iPhone X -> iPhone XS Max
pbhat25
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2013-03-12 08:40
Hey Indiandawg

They have advertised that you would get Premium Case, and Headphone "MDR-ZX100/A" with this phone for early buyers. Since you get the phone yesterday itself you should have get these freebies.
tapas123
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2013-03-12 09:28

On 2013-03-12 04:22:59, Indiandawg wrote:

Is it same for all Sony centers across India???here they say 37,990/-
Indiandawg
Apple iPhone
PM
Posted: 2013-03-12 09:32

On 2013-03-12 09:28:55, tapas123 wrote:

On 2013-03-12 04:22:59, Indiandawg wrote:

Is it same for all Sony centers across India???here they say 37,990/-

No he gave Rs.1000/- discount.

Why am I getting this error? I got Micro SD 32GB Class 10. It use to work amazing on Arc S.

It even gets detected. I've transferred movies & music too.

EDIT: BTW, Stamina mode is AWESOME! Like finally there's no battery drainage.

Regarding the premium case & headphones, I got no idea but I hardly care lol.
[ This Message was edited by: Indiandawg on 2013-03-12 08:33 ]
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2013-03-12 10:26
My Impressions of a Black Retail Xperia Z C6602

Design -

Simply Gorgeous !!!! Though the screen when OFF isn't as black and flush with the bezel as on the S. Still, undoubtedly one of the BEST looking smartphones EVER IMO. Looks really elegant and classy. Not much else to say

Build Quality -

I guess I now understand what King-James meant when he said Z feels plasticky. It does feel plasticky and not like Iphone 4/4S that is also made of glass.

Does it feel cheap ? No. It feels extremely well built. Let me try to explain the plasticky feeling. It does feel like plastic but not like plastic in ANY other phone, why ? Because it simply isn't plastic. The glass polyamide body is extremely strong yet flexible. That was been demonstrated in videos.

I think I'd go as far to say that this is the first premium smartphone that I would NOT worry about dropping. I am 100% sure it can take multiple falls easily because of the construction. With Iphone 4S like construction you can't have strong durability.

So the Z sacrifices that "glass" feel for durability. And personally I have no issues living with that compromise

Size/Ergonomics -

I was quite shocked to be frank. I expected it to be quite bigger than my S but its actually a lot more compact. It's only slightly taller than the S and quite a bit wider. But fits perfectly in my palm and I have zero issues with the ergonomics of the handset. I also love how thin it is.

The beautiful and prominent power button is a pleasure to use and just so PERFECTLY placed. It makes the Z very easy to use single handed.

Nokia Lumia 920 looks like a FAT BRICK compared to the Z

Screen

The most hotly discussed aspect about the Z - it's screen !!! Is it really a sub standard screen like many are claiming it is ?

In short - NO. Far from it.

Though I have to admit, it's down to personal preference. Not everybody will like the Z screen and some may even call it downright BAD.

If you are someone who works with properly calibrated high end monitors, notebooks like Vaio Z, HP Dreamcolor IPS screens and appreciate accurate and true to life colors over cartoon like "mass market" screens then you will LOVE the Z screen. It has a wide color gamut, true to life color reproduction and no overblown sharpness that tire your eyes on most phones. It's a very easy on the eyes screen like Plasma HDTVs and professionally calibrated high end LCD TVs and monitors.

You can enjoy movies and videos on this for long periods and not feel any strain whatsoever on the eyes.

Coming to contrast and black levels, it's definitely not garbage like some people are putting it. Black levels are slightly better than on the S which has very respectable contrast and black levels. I couldn't measure contrast but will do that in my full review later this month or early next month.

Light leakage and screen uniformity is also better than S.

Overall brightness is also quite high, but lower than S.

So now who will NOT like the Z screen ? People used to SAMOLED, HTC SLCD screens and those that like super sharp, eye burning color saturation and perfect viewing angles.

So if you belong to the above category then the Z is simply not the phone for you and you will HATE the screen.

Overall I'd rate the screen 8/10. Though I might increase it to 8.5/10 if Sony fixes the gamma issue. Also the color temperature is a little towards the colder side. Sony needs to get it closer to 6500K or even 6000K for a slightly warm color temperature.

The speakers are slightly less loud than on the S = Poor. Doesn't bother me much but Sony should have used twin stereo speakers instead of just one. It's simply useless outdoors and even indoors as long as you are not in a room with absolute silence.

Performance & UI

The Sony UI has been refined greatly on the Z. The skinning is much less heavy compared to 2012 Xperia devices. I loved the 2012 Sony UI and I love the 2013 UI even more.

The only thing I hate is the use of GREY color in the UI instead of black.

Performance is absolutely satisfying. Though I didn't install much apps on the unit, it did have quite a few apps from Sony. 1.8GB RAM is user accessible, which is more than the 1.5GB allotted to users on HTC One and Butterfly.

Everything is super quick and super smooth. Absolutely no lags or stutter when navigation the menu ( Turn Force GPU Rendering ON in Developer options). Dialer opens instantly on the Z. This is something that was an issue in almost all 2012 Android devices. Samsung Galaxy S3 also takes 2-3 seconds to open the dialer. But on the Z it's almost instantaneous.

Same with any other app, web browsing is super smooth with no lag. Very close to desktop level web browsing experience on the Z.

I didn't run any benchmarks as there are available easily on multiple sites and I do not believe benchmarks mean much for most users. It's the real life performance that counts. And the Z certainly doesn't disappoint in this aspect. Other phones may score 10-15% higher in benches but there is little scope of improvement in terms of daily usage performance.

The only (little) lag I saw was during the widget overview and adding new widgets. Still it was nothing major and more to do with software rather than the phone lacking in terms of hardware firepower.

NFC worked absolutely fine. Boot ups are pretty quick.

Camera

Didn't test it much so can't say a whole lot. The focus hunting issue from the 2012 Xperia line up is gone. The camera takes very little time to focus and keeps it locked on. Another thing that has been mentioned quite a lot already, the frame rates in the camera app is amazing. No BLUR whatsoever like other phones.

Camera UI is lovely and a lot of controls to customize. Superior Auto is fine but still Manual mode is what you should opt for. Get the settings right and you'll definitely be impressed with the results.

Front Camera quality is very very very good !!!. Though I do not know how it would fare in low light.

The only complaint I have is that the camera app takes about 5-6 seconds to open. Hope Sony fixes this in 4.2.2 update.

Battery Life

Can't say much about battery life but it seemed quite good. In the 1 hour that I used the Z (100% brightness) battery dropped by about 7% only. Whereas on my S the battery had drained almost 25%. Quite a big difference

So I think the battery is a huge improvement over the S.

Conclusion

The Xperia Z is the first Xperia phone to be designed and developed by Sony from the ground up and not Sony Ericsson. And it clearly shows. Z is a brilliant phone and completely deserving of the iconic Sony brand name.

Finally a XPERIA that can truly complement it's siblings - VAIO BRAVIA CYBERSHOT and others

My preliminary rating - 9/10
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2013-03-12 09:41 ]
Indiandawg
Apple iPhone
PM
Posted: 2013-03-12 11:19
I have the same view what Randomuser has to say. I didn't like the Grey UI either.

Battery life is superb in Stamina mode. Still a lot to play with this beauty.

How does Force GPU Rendering helps?

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 138139140 ... 220221222  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic