Esato

Forum > General discussions > Rumours > SONY Xperia Rumors 2013 Edition

Visitors browsing this topic: 1
Add to Bookmarks
Previous  123 ... 224225226 ... 122712281229  Next
Author SONY Xperia Rumors 2013 Edition
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
Joined: Sep 13, 2011
Posts: > 500
PM
Posted: 2013-01-13 15:23
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2013-01-13 15:09:46, thejosetree wrote:


And may I know if you are using professional equipment to judge screens ? If not, then your statement that Sony screens are worse than others doesn't mean a thing. Notebookcheck.com uses professional super expensive equipment to test displays of laptops, tablets, phones and they rated Xperia T screen ahead of HTC One X, Galaxy Note, S3,LG etc. Only Iphone 5 was rated 2% higher at 89%.


Link please?


http://www.notebookcheck.com/[....]eria-T-Smartphone.84593.0.html

Display Score - 87%

For comparison

Iphone5 - 89%
Htc One S - 82%
HTC One X - 91%
Galaxy S3 - 85%
Galaxy Note 2 - 80%

Remarks -

Purely subjective, the quality of representation and an excellent contrast to AMOLED might notice only in direct comparison - if at all. Black level and contrast are compared with the competition in every way, similar values ​​were the iPhone 5 is measured. Only the Samsung Galaxy S3 has an almost five times as high contrast, but can not score with the brightness.


The viewing angle stability is one of the top smartphones worthy and can be taken literally: the image is not distorted in shallowest angles. A slightly sideways glance tarnishes the image so neither in terms of brightness even in terms of color reproduction.

T has the Xperia. An excellent display, both in the brightness as well as in the representation. In terms of brightness, only the iPhone 5 is a competition.
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2013-01-13 14:28 ]
unknownC151A
Sony Xperia V
Joined: Oct 15, 2012
Posts: 459
PM
Posted: 2013-01-13 15:27
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
This freaking nonsense don't make sense. Do you view your phone in a odd angle?
Viewing angle dont equate to screen quality. Sony's screen are superior to Samsung AMOLED screens that can't even display whites accurately. And why are factories producing Privacy filters? Isn't this defeating the purpose of this debate?
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
Joined: Sep 13, 2011
Posts: > 500
PM
Posted: 2013-01-13 15:31
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2013-01-13 15:27:19, unknownC151A wrote:
This freaking nonsense don't make sense. Do you view your phone in a odd angle?
Viewing angle dont equate to screen quality. Sony's screen are superior to Samsung AMOLED screens that can't even display whites accurately. And why are factories producing Privacy filters? Isn't this defeating the purpose of this debate?


Hope everyone can understand this
Even if for someone viewing angles are important, I don't think should go as far to call the Z screen a TN one without knowing facts.
Kitchen
Model not set
Joined: Jan 11, 2013
Posts: 40
PM
Posted: 2013-01-13 15:48
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2013-01-13 15:27:19, unknownC151A wrote:
This freaking nonsense don't make sense. Do you view your phone in a odd angle?
Viewing angle dont equate to screen quality. Sony's screen are superior to Samsung AMOLED screens that can't even display whites accurately. And why are factories producing Privacy filters? Isn't this defeating the purpose of this debate?

+1!
HxH
Sony Xperia S
Joined: Dec 26, 2008
Posts: > 500
From: GMT+7
PM
Posted: 2013-01-13 16:06
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
maybe eyesight problem such as astigmatism, those may need very wide viewing angle to serve them perfectly.
SONY x Sexy x Sleek x Solid x Stunner x Stylish : Nozomi/Kagura with Love.
xenia
T68 gold
Joined: Apr 25, 2007
Posts: 361
From: Russia
PM
Posted: 2013-01-13 16:35
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Looks like same story when TX has two different screens. I had both. Good viewing angle=good. Bad viewing angle=not as good.
I saw, that at CES purple sample has better screen, than black one.
itsjustJOH
Sony Xperia L
Joined: Jul 23, 2012
Posts: > 500
PM
Posted: 2013-01-13 16:41
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Was it really confirmed that the T/TX used two different screens? And is this region/country-specific?
xenia
T68 gold
Joined: Apr 25, 2007
Posts: 361
From: Russia
PM
Posted: 2013-01-13 16:55
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I think, yes. It is region. I had Hong Kong(november)with very good screen and Russia(official! december) with not as good(like on first proto).
So wait and see. It is not just wallpaper problem.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iy59eBIMC6E
from 5 min.
Ambivalent_
Sony Xperia Z1
Joined: Oct 15, 2012
Posts: > 500
From: Croatia, Zagreb
PM
Posted: 2013-01-13 16:56
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I think RaMu made a good point on view angles issues with Sony phones.

The way I understood, it goes something like this;


- if you prefer overall image quality go with Sony
- if you prefer view angles go with someone else


And the whole argument is kind of a silly one because 95% of the time one holds his phone at his optimal view angle, arguing over remaining 5% is just silly.
xenia
T68 gold
Joined: Apr 25, 2007
Posts: 361
From: Russia
PM
Posted: 2013-01-13 17:09
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
You not right. It is not just angles. Look at my video. I have 2 devices:
-With good angles and excellent picture overall
-With poor angles and not that good picture.
I`m sure - same here.
It was theory poor=something black(sorry forget))) and good=opticotrast
[ This Message was edited by: xenia on 2013-01-13 16:12 ]
kurtdean
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
Joined: Nov 11, 2012
Posts: > 500
From: WONDERLAND
PM
Posted: 2013-01-13 17:09
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2013-01-13 16:56:27, Ambivalent_ wrote:
I think RaMu made a good point on view angles issues with Sony phones.

The way I understood, it goes something like this;


- if you prefer overall image quality go with Sony
- if you prefer view angles go with someone else


And the whole argument is kind of a silly one because 95% of the time one holds his phone at his optimal view angle, arguing over remaining 5% is just silly.


+1
itsjustJOH
Sony Xperia L
Joined: Jul 23, 2012
Posts: > 500
PM
Posted: 2013-01-13 17:20
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2013-01-13 16:55:24, xenia wrote:
I think, yes. It is region. I had Hong Kong(november)with very good screen and Russia(official! december) with not as good(like on first proto).
So wait and see. It is not just wallpaper problem.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iy59eBIMC6E
from 5 min.


Can't really judge the screen even from the dozens of videos I've seen. I guess the issue now, if indeed it was real, is that Sony used two different panels for the T/TX and might do the same with Z/ZL, which I hope they won't. We'll have to wait now until some people get their hands on one.
yuunanase
Sony Xperia Z3
Joined: Sep 30, 2006
Posts: 278
From: utopia
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-01-13 17:26
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Imo, Sony did an excellent job in optimizing the colours. My friend, who is using an iphone 4 really wants to switch to a Sony phone after seeing the colours on my Ion.

Xenia, I have never seen any TX with a "Not so good screen". All the ones me and my friends have are excellent.

I did a comparison with all the "LT" phones this year, and here are the rankings:

AX > V/VL > TX/GX > Ion > S = acro S = Samsung GS3 > P > T.

I dunno why, the colour on my T is kind of over saturated. And regarding the viewing angles, I have never heard a single person I know complain about it.
venus, kiki, vulcan, rachael, anzu, akane, nozomi, hikari, hayabusa, tsubasa, yuga, togari, honami, sirius, leo, ivy, surime
xenia
T68 gold
Joined: Apr 25, 2007
Posts: 361
From: Russia
PM
Posted: 2013-01-13 17:46
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I know what i`am talking about) I just want to get super phone with super screen like my Hong Kong TX.
From what i saw it could be a problem. Possibly.
DACHA
Sony Xperia ZL
Joined: May 17, 2011
Posts: > 500
PM
Posted: 2013-01-13 17:59
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
All 2013 wallpapers and lock-screens.

http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=191997&uk=369240049
[ This Message was edited by: DACHA on 2013-01-13 17:00 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 224225226 ... 122712281229  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic