Add to Bookmarks
Previous  123 ... 223224225 ... 122712281229  Next
Author SONY Xperia Rumors 2013 Edition
Felimenta97
Sony Xperia S
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-01-13 05:03
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Randomuser, I heard from someone that has some sources, he's known, just forgot his username, that SMC is hiring a shitload of devs to compensate the slow updates. Can you confirm that? Also, is 2012 line (specially from the first semester, such as S) will get all the 2013 features that the hardware allows? Because the ICS update for 2011 line made they stay with the uglier UI and less features compared to 2012 line...
I don't get people. Never Have, never will.
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2013-01-13 05:07

On 2013-01-13 05:03:22, Felimenta97 wrote:
Randomuser, I heard from someone that has some sources, he's known, just forgot his username, that SMC is hiring a shitload of devs to compensate the slow updates. Can you confirm that? Also, is 2012 line (specially from the first semester, such as S) will get all the 2013 features that the hardware allows? Because the ICS update for 2011 line made they stay with the uglier UI and less features compared to 2012 line...

Not everything from 2013 phones, but mostly yes. And yes the first part is true.
unknownC151A
Sony Xperia V
PM
Posted: 2013-01-13 05:17

On 2013-01-13 05:07:14, randomuser wrote:

On 2013-01-13 05:03:22, Felimenta97 wrote:

Not everything from 2013 phones, but mostly yes. And yes the first part is true.

What might not be included?
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2013-01-13 05:33
No Idea sir The Battery Stamina feature won't be there for sure I guess
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2013-01-13 04:33 ]
Felimenta97
Sony Xperia S
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-01-13 05:46

On 2013-01-13 05:33:03, randomuser wrote:
No Idea sir The Battery Stamina feature won't be there for sure I guess
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2013-01-13 04:33 ]

Why not? It's just software, and P has a similar feature.
I don't get people. Never Have, never will.
HxH
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2013-01-13 07:58
have you guys install leaked XPERIA Z wallpaper from XDA?

it look fabulous on my XS
SONY x Sexy x Sleek x Solid x Stunner x Stylish : Nozomi/Kagura with Love.
maiaramdan
Sony Xperia ZL
PM
Posted: 2013-01-13 10:02

On 2013-01-13 01:12:06, Away wrote:

On 2013-01-13 00:11:36, Ambivalent_ wrote:

On 2013-01-12 23:08:07, sami92a wrote:

On 2013-01-12 22:12:33, maiaramdan wrote:
hi Guys,

how are you all
wow 9 pages in 2 days away

anyone please short me what happen in 9 pages
please))

Hi Maia we talked about the new Octa core from Samsung and some other rumours about Huashan and Dogo, and yeah According to Random, Sony will release a refreshment of SX and it will be Japan exclusive

Also, there are some doubts about whether the 2H phone will be competitive to Galaxy SIV and Iphone 5s/6, hardware vise.
[ This Message was edited by: Ambivalent_ on 2013-01-12 23:12 ]

No, there are no doubts. It will definitely be competitive. GS4 will be faster. WOW! AMAZING! And the only time you will notice this is benchmarks, lol. iPhone? Cross-platform hardware doesn't really compare. Yes it will have a powerful GPU, but so what? The adreno 320 is more than enough for a long-time yet, don't worry. I can't give a bigger example of hardware overkill than the iPhone 5 GPU. I mean really, an amazing GPU used on a low-resolution (compared to 2012 phones, let alone 2013 ones) and small screen.

If you are talking about physical features, then the screen, camera (I heard Sony have tweaked their software, and it certainly seems like it features-wise so far), WATER/DUST RESISTANCE - OR IR BLASTER, DESIGN, durability etc. then the 2H Sony flagship is the only thing to worry about.

If I get a Z soon, then when the 2H flagship is released I'll be happy. I heard they will have quicker updates, which means hopefully the new features it brings will be implemented in the Z asap. (Like the V features to the T, and the T features to the S - but in a shorter time-frame).

wow and what if i told you that there is a great semi decision now inside SONY that they 'll use the new Qualcomm 800 with adreno 330 in the One project (2h.2013 flagship) with all the other new features i told you about of-course
also from the new things that pop up is the use of the new white magic screen from japan display in 2012 and now they are thinking in more heat decreasing , but the new bad news than before is that the battery have no space with all this new things of-course after adding the IR also to be the previous 2800 , it will instead be 2600 with the same front design of Odin little bezel and same glassy back of Yuga with water proof and dust / scratch resistance , and internal memory with 3 variations 16,32,64 plus the SD card , and 'll have only one version with all LTEs /HSPDAs , with no camera shatter button also as Yuga
also the smaller than 4" may be deleted or not be continued after this generation E
as there are a new strategy that SONY will make just high end products the 4 main sizes are the 4 , 4.3 , 4.6 & 5
leaving the budget / near luxury phone and tablets to SHARP & TOSHIBA and leaving the high shock resistance /rugged phones for PANASONIC , so that all the main Japanese can sell well all together without intersect in the market but also with sharing a lot of parts all together , another thing that HTC will not be the only company to be PS certified
[ This Message was edited by: maiaramdan on 2013-01-13 09:11 ]
thejosetree
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-01-13 11:00

On 2013-01-13 04:55:57, randomuser wrote:
^
Z/ZL have 100% NTSC color gamut. The viewing angles aren't really a "problem" but not as good as Super AMOLED. It's way overblown anyway by sony haters.

There is some evidence that Sony is using a neo-ips panel? Or that covers 100% NTSC color gamut? All we know is this:

Sony cheating their customers.

By the way, viewing angles are not the only benefit of IPS. Color reproduction or brightness level too. The best mobile screen made by Sony is whitemagic, the rest of Xperia line are behind Apple, HTC and LG. Even the Oppo Find 5 has a fantastic screen.
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2013-01-13 11:06
And what proof you have to say that Z uses a cheap TN panel ? For pete's sake wait until you have seen the phone with your own eyes before passing judgement like this. And if you really have so much of an issue with viewing angles I'd say move on to Samsung Galaxy or just get HTC Droid DNA.

Thanks !!

And may I know if you are using professional equipment to judge screens ? If not, then your statement that Sony screens are worse than others doesn't mean a thing. Notebookcheck.com uses professional super expensive equipment to test displays of laptops, tablets, phones and they rated Xperia T screen ahead of HTC One X, Galaxy Note, S3,LG etc. Only Iphone 5 was rated 2% higher at 89%.

Viewing angles does NOT decide how good a screen is, and most people don't care about viewing angles. Those who do care are free to buy Samsung SAMOLED phones or HTC phones or whatever they please. Sony Bravia TVs have poorer viewing angles compared to LG IPS panel TVs but it doesn't mean LG TVs are better. Sony BRAVIAs are the highest rated TVs by all tech sites even though they have poorer viewing angles. And people here are making a big fuss about viewing angles on a 5 inch PHONE
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2013-01-13 10:13 ]
Ambivalent_
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2013-01-13 11:08

On 2013-01-13 10:02:32, maiaramdan wrote:
wow and what if i told you that there is a great semi decision now inside SONY that they 'll use the new Qualcomm 800 with adreno 330 in the One project (2h.2013 flagship) with all the other new features i told you about of-course
also from the new things that pop up is the use of the new white magic screen from japan display in 2012 and now they are thinking in more heat decreasing , but the new bad news than before is that the battery have no space with all this new things of-course after adding the IR also to be the previous 2800 , it will instead be 2600 with the same front design of Odin little bezel and same glassy back of Yuga with water proof and dust / scratch resistance , and internal memory with 3 variations 16,32,64 plus the SD card , and 'll have only one version with all LTEs /HSPDAs , with no camera shatter button also as Yuga
also the smaller than 4" may be deleted or not be continued after this generation E
as there are a new strategy that SONY will make just high end products the 4 main sizes are the 4 , 4.3 , 4.6 & 5
leaving the budget / near luxury phone and tablets to SHARP & TOSHIBA and leaving the high shock resistance /rugged phones for PANASONIC , so that all the main Japanese can sell well all together without intersect in the market but also with sharing a lot of parts all together , another thing that HTC will not be the only company to be PS certified
[ This Message was edited by: maiaramdan on 2013-01-13 09:11 ]

That's what I wanna hear! Pretty much everything great other than no camera shatter.

The battery issue isn't a big one for me because all that really matters to me is that the phone can endure the whole day. Now, what troubles me here is the fact that batteries have diminishing capacities and I would like to replace the battery after a year, so I would really need an option for removable battery.

Also, you didn't mention anything about the back side having a E reader screen? Did they discard that nonsensical idea?
Away
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2013-01-13 12:27

On 2013-01-13 04:30:21, -XYZ wrote:
There is one thing that really bugs me.
Why are the viewing angles on recent Sony phones so poor? I mean surely they're using IPS technology, all the manufacturers of 1080p screens are using IPS so then why? Are they using the same pixel structure, but a different panel technology? If so, why?

Sony have some awesome screen tech so it just bugs me that viewing angles are so problematic. I don't care about silly arguments such as "Privacy" , or "Who looks at their phone from an angle". That matters little, wide viewing angles just look nicer. Looking at my sisters iPhone 5 sitting on a desk from an angle with the screen on looks astounding. It looks like the screen has been painted on.
That and screens with wide viewing angles are given a positive. When colour fades or washes out when you tilt the phone, reviewers will knock the score down. Doesn't matter how much you kick, scream and whine at how biased and anti-sony they are, because consumers read these reviews and are influenced by them.

In addition, I want to know the Colour Gamut and contrast ratios of these screens (and any future screens used by Sony). Apple's engineers managed to get an almost perfect coverage of the sRGB colour space and have the most accurate display in the smartphone market. It would be nice to see Sony using an IPS (or equivalent in terms of viewing angles etc.) display on their phones with 100% sRGB/AdobeRGB coverage, or better yet 100% NTSC RGB coverage. That and a contrast of over 1000:1

One last point. Why is it that Sony's tablets have IPS screens with stunning viewing angles and colour and contrast, yet their phones somehow are found lacking in the viewing angle department? It makes no sense....

Remember unknown13x, the insider who was active on XDA? Well, on Xperiablog a few posts ago, I saw an account with the same user-name talking about how the screen is white-magic, which is nice, but has a few problems, and Sony has used it for battery life. Well, one of the negatives in this case is that viewing angles are not as good as amoled. Who cares? If it matters to you that much, then I can't even understand that to be honest. The Z with the screen off at any angle looks better than the iPhone 5 with the screen on at any angle.

Here's the quote: 'Technically Sony needs to ditch their White Magic screen. They're too worried about the power the screen pull that this new tech is not working well. Yes, it makes BE2 looks phenomenal, but White Magic screen just doesn't cut it.'

@Ambivalent, the Z should be future proof for 2 years or more, so don't worry. And the SG4, according to more sensible rumours, will still have a very powerful CPU, more powerful than the Z's CPU, but again, the only time you will notice a difference is in benchmarks, lol. Otherwise, no difference.
[ This Message was edited by: Away on 2013-01-13 11:44 ]
sami92a
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-01-13 14:57

Viewing angles does NOT decide how good a screen is, and most people don't care about viewing angles. Those who do care are free to buy Samsung SAMOLED phones or HTC phones or whatever they please. Sony Bravia TVs have poorer viewing angles compared to LG IPS panel TVs but it doesn't mean LG TVs are better. Sony BRAVIAs are the highest rated TVs by all tech sites even though they have poorer viewing angles. And people here are making a big fuss about viewing angles on a 5 inch PHONE
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2013-01-13 10:13 ]

+100000000000
-XYZ
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-01-13 14:57

On 2013-01-13 11:06:16, randomuser wrote:
And what proof you have to say that Z uses a cheap TN panel ? For pete's sake wait until you have seen the phone with your own eyes before passing judgement like this. And if you really have so much of an issue with viewing angles I'd say move on to Samsung Galaxy or just get HTC Droid DNA.

Its not TN. I can tell from the display characteristics when viewed at an angle that its not TN. If it was, the colours and contrast would invert rapidly. Instead, the colours merely wash out, that is to say something that looks pure black head on, would look slightly grey from an angle. Not sure why this is, I mean technically it should be IPS, is it just calibration that's off? I don't know.

And may I know if you are using professional equipment to judge screens ? If not, then your statement that Sony screens are worse than others doesn't mean a thing. Notebookcheck.com uses professional super expensive equipment to test displays of laptops, tablets, phones and they rated Xperia T screen ahead of HTC One X, Galaxy Note, S3,LG etc. Only Iphone 5 was rated 2% higher at 89%.

That's great. Though the Ion had a better screen than the T, from what I remember seeing of the two. the Ion had much better contrast, and viewing angles too.

Viewing angles does NOT decide how good a screen is, and most people don't care about viewing angles.

Reviewers do though. And it doesn't hurt to have them does it?

Those who do care are free to buy Samsung SAMOLED phones or HTC phones or whatever they please. Sony Bravia TVs have poorer viewing angles compared to LG IPS panel TVs but it doesn't mean LG TVs are better.

This is just untrue. BRAVIA's have exceptional viewing angles. The HX853 has considerably better viewing angles than any LG TV I've seen and much better than the Samsung ES8000 my dad has.

Sony BRAVIAs are the highest rated TVs by all tech sites even though they have poorer viewing angles.

I've not seen a review of a Sony TV complain about poorer viewing angles compared to the competition.

And people here are making a big fuss about viewing angles on a 5 inch PHONE

Better viewing angles just look nicer. Sure it doesn't technically matter, but why not do it anyway? Its not wasting money, or sacrificing the direct viewing experience either. I mentioned how a display which has hardly any colour shift when you tilt it, makes the screen looks like its been painted on.
What's the harm in making a screen have better viewing angles if it makes other tech sites and reviewers and even consumers, think more highly of the device at hand?
[ This Message was edited by: -XYZ on 2013-01-13 13:59 ]
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2013-01-13 15:06
Viewing angles are lil bad compared to HTC phone because of the use of OptiContrast panel. It improves the image quality head on but viewing angles are compromised slightly.

It's the same in Bravia TVs with OptiContrast panel.

Case in point - Bravia EX650 and NX650. Both have same panel and features but NX has OptiContrast panel and EX does not. Because of the OptiContrast panel, NX650 has poorer off angle performance than EX650 even though it's more expensive.

@-XYZ

See any professional review viewing angle scores, Sony TVs have much less score than LG or any other IPS TV.
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2013-01-13 14:09 ]
thejosetree
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-01-13 15:09

Link please?
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 223224225 ... 122712281229  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic