Add to Bookmarks
Author SONY Xperia Rumors 2013 Edition
maiaramdan
Sony Xperia ZL
PM
Posted: 2013-09-20 23:41
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@supercoolman

Yes this will less the impact a lot on Z1 and give it a sustainable sales, not as before everyone knows that SONY will got a new flagship every 6 months so the rumors starts directly which affect each flagship

@Ricky D

I don't know about other lines, if even they will keep, em or not, but I know that if they will continue doing mid and low they will give them a special letter plus number as whatever 1, 2 ,3 and so on

@spw

If you take a look on the profit margins specially in the latest quarter, you will find that SONY want that always there phone prices to be high, to have always a great margins, which simply not fit enough by the old plan of 2 flagships, plus the first flagship which was suppose to cost high turn in the sexond half after the second flagship appear to be a mid level phone

So the plan is to have the mini of the previous year flagship in the first third of every year, the mega in the mid and the next flagship in the last third

In our example

Z Ultra sharing Z1 processor and RAM but Z body and design in June.2013
Z1 in September.2013
Z1 mini in January or February.2014
Z1 Ultra sharing Z2 processor and RAM but Z1 body and design in June.2014
aussiefella
Sony Xperia Z1 Compact
PM
Posted: 2013-09-21 02:03
But z ultra was first to bring newer design.?
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2013-09-21 03:39
@king_james

Advice taken, from here I'm requesting help from hans and tranced to help with the succeeding thread and in order for it to be much cleaner and reliable. please update the main thread in the case I wouldn't be able to do so in time. I may not be able to post every infos we can get but rest assured I'll be very critical in identifying "real" scoops of information and segregate those so called "wishlists" from it. from what's happening these days at Sony(that no-more-leakage signage) XR5 infos will be alot harder to get.

@Shotokan81: I read your post at the Z1 thread and I'm considering your idea as well... hontou ni arigatou

@reeflotz: kabayan I'll see for sure that you'll be busy for the 2014 thread , since leakage will now start to be scarce we will have to rely more on your rendering skills to give ourselves a view of what Sony is really cooking I'm calling for every esatonians capable of PS'ing to help in the endeavor, one thing though we don't accept wishful designs. I am considering to post the closest design we could get on the main page afterwards. take note you guys have to post your designs on a different thread(preferrably the 2014 concept thread) so we can maintain the integrity of the '14 rumors thread.

@everyone: as you could see I'm not really a community source like maia/the two unknowns/ramu and etc. so just like everyone else I would be relying alot on whatever you could share, sources who wishes to share infos but wanted to preserve their anonymity can send me a PM instead, I'll see to it that your identities will be preserved
10 years at Esato
reeflotz
Hazel
PM
Posted: 2013-09-21 05:11
^ Don't worry, wishful designs all go to the concept thread. I think the important info first to get a close render of a rumored device is to know what design language Sony will be using. The Z1 still pretty much looks like the Z since they share omnibalance design, difference being it having an aluminum frame.
Hazel J20i [Bricked], Sony Xperia Go
reeflotz.blogspot.com
reeflotz@deviantart
hihihans
HTC One
PM
Posted: 2013-09-21 08:27
Sure we are here to help.
For the insiders: leaking pics is at your own risk.
My inbox is always open for everything.
reeflotz
Hazel
PM
Posted: 2013-09-21 10:04
I'm hoping they'll at least share some descriptions on how it looks like if there are no leaked pics . Of course no worries if they can't share them.

I'll probably make a render out of it if anyone is willing to share some details on how it should look like.
reeflotz.blogspot.com
reeflotz@deviantart
pmugghc
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-09-21 16:52
@razec: may I suggest for the 2014 thread that some acceptable level of politeness is enforced. Forbid insults and name calling (e.g. you're drunk) and don't label everyone who have some critical comment a Sammy/Nokia/etc fanboi or troll.

Also weed out the endless repetitons of the same questions.
[ This Message was edited by: pmugghc on 2013-09-21 15:55 ]
reeflotz
Hazel
PM
Posted: 2013-09-21 17:43
^ I believe that comes down to how strict the mods will be in regulating the thread, razec can ask members to reply politely, but in the end it's down to the mods to delete/edit some posts as well as give warnings and if necessary ban a certain member through their actions.
[ This Message was edited by: reeflotz on 2013-09-21 16:44 ]
reeflotz.blogspot.com
reeflotz@deviantart
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-09-21 19:39
just for fun..

the Xperia girls from the Tokyo Game Show

moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
luwi
Sony Xperia ZL
PM
Posted: 2013-09-21 20:07
previous post

[ This Message was edited by: hihihans on 2013-09-21 20:21 ]
itsjustJOH
Sony Xperia L
PM
Posted: 2013-09-21 20:14
Girl on the right, dibs!
hihihans
HTC One
PM
Posted: 2013-09-21 21:23
do you like what I did with Luwi's reply?
itsjustJOH
Sony Xperia L
PM
Posted: 2013-09-21 21:26
^Yeah, and the quote-ceptions as well please.
[ This Message was edited by: itsjustJOH on 2013-09-21 20:27 ]
Shotokan81
Apple iPhone 3GS
PM
Posted: 2013-09-22 00:36
@pmugghc:

As much as I agree with you, I think this is not practical for razec to enforce courtesy, he is not superman.

This comes down to the individuals who come to the thread, and their manners and behaviour.

What you can do to discourage insults and inappropriate language is to ignore the individuals who post it (eg first time a week, second time a month, third time a year, etc...).
The more people do this, the more these messages would disappear (wish).
本当に良い刀は鞘に入っている
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-09-22 02:43
it's too bad esato doesn't have a "DISLIKE" button .. get enough dislikes from a certain # of distinct users who have posted in the thread and that person gets muted for a set amount of time (2 weeks or something) before they can post anything in the particular thread again. 5 mutes throughout the forum causes that user to be banned from posting in the forum anywhere.

oh well. guess we'll just all have to act like adults and have intelligent discussions and not bitch sessions
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic