Author SONY Xperia Rumors 2013 Edition
milukugiuniu
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-09-06 11:04
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2013-09-06 09:41:19, maiaramdan wrote:

On 2013-09-06 09:32:57, milukugiuniu wrote:
There was a link to youtube about screen comparison between Z1, GS4 and G2. I couldnt find it.

Is it in this thread or Z1 thread?
[ This Message was edited by: milukugiuniu on 2013-09-06 08:33 ]

It is in Z1 forum
Honestly, I believe right now the Z1 is the most perfect deal until the next Z2 in not before June 2014
[ This Message was edited by: maiaramdan on 2013-09-06 08:41 ]

Thanks.
alexander87
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2013-09-06 11:04
wow @ puestadelsol really needs his eyes checked
and a lot of users here.

oh I forgot, trolls
There are no more barriers to cross. All I have in common with the uncontrollable and the insane, the vicious and the evil, all the mayhem I have caused and my utter indifference toward it I have now surpassed.
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-09-06 11:13

On 2013-09-06 07:54:09, motvikt wrote:

On 2013-09-06 07:33:20, unknownC151A wrote:

On 2013-09-06 07:31:23, motvikt wrote:
It bothers me that Sony always use cheap parts in their flagships and expects no one to notice. Cheaper screen and soc, why can't they just take the absolute best available and make it more expensive. I would gladly pay more if I knew it was the best. The thing is you can't expect to compete with apple or Samsung, they always choose the best parts for their flagships

lol. I like the trollness. What do you mean cheaper SOC? Mind using your tiny brain a little more. And the screen, it's has spot on viewing colours. Don't get blind from your Sammy's fanboism. Annoying basket.

And btw, plastic is cheap.
[ This Message was edited by: unknownC151A on 2013-09-06 06:35 ]

Sigh, I make a valid point and all you can manage is name-calling and troll accusations? I wonder who is the bigger fool here.

There are different s800 socs of different quality, Sony choose the cheap one. Note 3 and Xiomi use the better one. http://www.anandtech.com/show[....]3-tegra-4-and-msm8974ab-inside
I don't expect the screen to be anything special either

I see what you and Jubei mean, it's much like the S600 situation where Sansung went for the better S600 than others .

This article on the situation and what you guys have said WRT S800 really have put a whole lot into perspective, thanks

http://www.androidbeat.com/20[....]-snapdragon-800-2-2ghz-2-3ghz/
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-09-06 11:13
@puestadelsol - perhaps it's due to a language barrier, but to say "the best of sony just got better" does not imply that the previous "best of sony" (i.e., the Z) was bad. At the time the Z was released up until the Z1's announcement, the Z _was_ the best of sony. Now, the Z1 is the best of sony and it has improved upon the Z (i.e., it has gotten better).

Your statements are ridiculous and unfounded. By the logic of your statements, Sony or ANYONE else can say that their new phone is better than the previous iteration because doing so would mean that the previous iteration was no good.

to everyone else - please use the Z1 thread for Z1 discussions.
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
puestadelsol
C901 Black
PM
Posted: 2013-09-06 11:32

On 2013-09-06 11:04:21, alexander87 wrote:
wow @ puestadelsol really needs his eyes checked
and a lot of users here.

oh I forgot, trolls

at 20 mp
http://images.hardwarezone.co[....]es/sony-xperia-z1/dsc-0091.jpg

at 8 mp
http://images.hardwarezone.co[....]es/sony-xperia-z1/dsc-0136.jpg
I think my outdated Xperia ray without the best of Sony, G lens, 20 mp sensor, Bionz could shout comparable photo with this 8 mp one.

And finally the whole gallery
http://www.hardwarezone.com.s[....]oting-new-207mp-sony-xperia-z1

And to be clear, I'm not defending Sony. I always used Ericsson or Sony Ericsson phones, but I cannot stand in the line of blinded Sony fanboys. After Xperia Arc I can't see concrete progress in field of imaging (or just my eyes deteriorates as time passes?), and for that I used for example the K850 or C901 years ago. Sony cannot offer a compact sized phone with fair pricing OIS and Xenon flash. Nokia (which I haven't used ever because it's not SE, I don't like it and now it doesn't uses Android) and other competitors will do.
After the buyout I'm constantly waiting for one device from Sony to convince me, but it haven't happened until now. The Xperia V is quite a balanced phone in size, price, features, etc, but I wouldn't feel that using it instead of Ray would be a remarkable step forward, and it lacks that plus, for which I bought all my previous phones...
puestadelsol
C901 Black
PM
Posted: 2013-09-06 11:41

On 2013-09-06 11:13:23, moogoo wrote:
@puestadelsol - perhaps it's due to a language barrier, but to say "the best of sony just got better" does not imply that the previous "best of sony" (i.e., the Z) was bad. At the time the Z was released up until the Z1's announcement, the Z _was_ the best of sony. Now, the Z1 is the best of sony and it has improved upon the Z (i.e., it has gotten better).

Your statements are ridiculous and unfounded. By the logic of your statements, Sony or ANYONE else can say that their new phone is better than the previous iteration because doing so would mean that the previous iteration was no good.

to everyone else - please use the Z1 thread for Z1 discussions.

I understand what means the best of. But the best is something that can't be exceeded. Or if it's possible it isn't the best (anymore).
I understand too that the best can evolve also.
But it's ridiculous this kind of overgrading, especially when we should know that these phones doesn't really have the best, and definitely it could be better...
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-09-06 11:46
@puestadelsol - there is no perfect phone. there is no manufacturer out there who has produced a phone with the absolute BEST tech for each feature. and of course the BEST can evolve, so if you understand that then why even question it? you're just contradicting yourself.

those photo samples aren't great. but show me an android smartphone that can do better in the same situation. The fact is, there are PLENTY of examples of amazing, high quality photos. To put down sony for a few not so great ones is ridiculous. Even the best dSLRs take some bad photos in the hands of a poor photographer or with the wrong settings.
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2013-09-06 11:49
@Tsepz_GP

For you I'll explain again since you seem to have misunderstood. MSM8974AB is not present on the Note 3 or any other phone this year. Xiaomi M3 is the only phone announced with MSM8974AB but it will ship only next year.

Hope the confusion is clear now.

@screen Trolls

This is what AndroidAuthority has to say about Z1 screen against HTC One (best screen so far of 2013) :

Sony’s Xperia Z1 features a 5-inch Full HD Truliminous display with the X-Reality engine, capable of 1,920 x 1,080 resolution, rated at an impressive 440ppi. Colors are vibrant, and viewing angles are much better than they were earlier this year with the Sony Xperia Z.

In the other corner, we have the HTC One, sporting a 4.7-inch Full HD LCD display capable of 1,980 x 1,080 resolution, rated at a whopping 468ppi. Colors in the HTC One are vibrant, making Sense 5 look really slick on this device, and viewing angles are also really good.

Verdict: With the Truliminous display meshed with the X-Reality engine, the Xperia Z1 takes the win. It’s an absolutely stunning display.

And in Conclusion -

Sony’s Xperia Z1 is one wicked device, surpassing the quality of most flagships that launched this year. It’s packing some insane hardware, such as the Snapdragon 800 and its monstrous 20.7-megapixel camera, and, of course, the Exmor RS Sensor.

If there’s one device that’s ready to shake up the Android world, it’s the Xperia Z1, though that’s not to say devices like the HTC One aren’t good anymore. On the contrary, they’re great handsets!

What’s happened here is that Sony has set a new bar of expectations. Going forward, I’d expect to see companies echo the sheer amount of quality that went into the Z1 with their own future handsets.

http://www.androidauthority.com/xperia-z1-vs-htc-one-263790/
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2013-09-06 10:59 ]
buns
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-09-06 12:59
xperia z1 viewing angle test

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytHs1wejsuM
supercoolman
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-09-06 13:40

On 2013-09-06 10:59:10, puestadelsol wrote:

On 2013-09-06 07:51:25, supercoolman wrote:

On 2013-09-06 07:43:57, puestadelsol wrote:
I think Sony's phones are expensive enough. In Honami, for it's expected price they could take all the best, including the Xenon flash. It's a pity that for example Oppo managed to get better performance with Sony camera sensors than Sony, and for a more reasonable price.

And the new slogan... The best of Sony is now even better (than 6 months ago)... That means that what was claimed to be the best of Sony (just 6 months ago), admittedly wasn't good enogh.

following your logic. SGS1 wasn't good enough because SGS2 was better, SGS2 wasn't good enough because SGS3 was better...etc?

SGS1 didn't have the attributive "the best of" - which wasn't really true related to the Xperia Z. And the Z1 - according to the described specifications is indeed better (than Z with the best of Sony), but I don't see groundbraking improvements, apart from the theoretically improved camera - which doesn't have OIS, Xenon, and according to the sample shots it doesn't outperform competitions, or even the Xperia Z. Downsized the photos look good, but in full size the noise is ridiculous, reminds me of the nature of noise seen on photos shot with my Sony Ericsson T300 + Mca 25 )

And now, the Xperia Z1 has the best of Sony, which is even better. When Sony will introduce the succesor of the Z1, how would be (ower)graded this adjective? I'm not sure that the Z1 successor will be called Z2. Knowing Sony, Xperia Ω would be imaginable also...
[ This Message was edited by: puestadelsol on 2013-09-06 10:04 ]

you are saying that flagships are not the best a company can offer unless they market with the term "best of"? you just smacked apple, htc, samsung, nokia and all other smartphone manufactures.
HxH
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2013-09-06 15:40

On 2013-09-06 12:59:49, buns wrote:
xperia z1 viewing angle test

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytHs1wejsuM

Oh dear, no matter good Sony's effort is, those blind trolls will never see it.
SONY x Sexy x Sleek x Solid x Stunner x Stylish : Nozomi/Kagura with Love.
CrownedAkuma
Sony Xperia Z2
PM
Posted: 2013-09-06 15:45
So true... Where are the trolls now? Is this screen good enough in terms of viewing angles for you?
C'mon... someone should be blind to claim that this screen is bad...
Surel there are screen with perfect viewing angles (IE the PSVITA, christ you can see that screen from 90° almost), but this screen is awesome!!!
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2013-09-06 15:59
Even the second most criticized aspect of Z has been improved alot: Camera

I'm waiting for trolls to do their careful-analysis and start pinpointing the flaws of this imperfect device

Back on topic:
Anything rumor-related stuffs to discuss? or this thread is pronounced dead after Z1 announcement?
10 years at Esato
Shotokan81
Apple iPhone 3GS
PM
Posted: 2013-09-06 16:06
Hi guys please input the best of your comments on Z1 in the Z1 thread, it is hell to follow.

Besides, with all due respect, the argument between good, better, best, perfect and whatever has lasted long enough and now could not be more boring.

Thanks Huiyi, so Xperia Z2 is coming in March 2014!
Does Sony plan to include hardware stabilisation, like sensor shift or OIS?
Some talked about a 5.2 inch display, not sure it is necessary, i would rather have a smart using edges a la ubuntu touch.
[ This Message was edited by: Shotokan81 on 2013-09-06 15:09 ]
本当に良い刀は鞘に入っている
DexterMoser
Samsung Galaxy S 4
PM
Posted: 2013-09-06 16:09
^ I want bigger screensize, sorry

On 2013-09-06 15:59:01, razec wrote:
Back on topic:
Anything rumor-related stuffs to discuss? or this thread is pronounced dead after Z1 announcement?

I hope not

What should be discussed are the two (or more) other phones Sony might release 2013, ok maybe 2014.

So what about mystery S800 device, Z1L and Honami mini (aka Z1 mini?)?

(OT: I think Z1 is great, overall great!!)
[ This Message was edited by: DexterMoser on 2013-09-06 15:11 ]
Galaxy S4 (S600)
Looking forward to the Sony Xperia Z4 (or 5)
Feynman about Beauty
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic