Visitors browsing this topic: 1
Add to Bookmarks
Author SONY Xperia Rumors 2013 Edition
amirprog
W800
PM
Posted: 2013-08-23 12:46
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
1. what is behind the reason for sony to release a flagship successor in almost every half a year to the same phone series? Z in january, now Z1, and again successor to the Z1 at CES in january 2014. dosen't make much sense if you ask me.
2. why not sony save Z1 for january 2014 CES announcment with even better specs and for IFA announce a 5.5-5.9 inch high end flagship phablet to battle the note 3? (Z ultra is not an excuse - it's more of a tablet, like the samsung mega).
[ This Message was edited by: amirprog on 2013-08-23 11:49 ]
reeflotz
Hazel
PM
Posted: 2013-08-23 13:06
To me I don't see anything wrong if a manufacturer decides to go for two flagships per year. So what if you bought a flagship phone and know that in 6 months there will be a new one? That does not make your phone obsolete, and besides newer isn't always better, you can still always skip the second flagship and just wait another 6 months for the next flagship if you always buy one per year.

Personally I stick to my phone up to 4 years or up to the day it lasts, not unless I see a new phone that I really like and is necessary and considers it as a huge upgrade (plus if I have the extra money to buy it), if not I'll still stick to my working phone.

on topic:

Now I can't wait to see the full Honami and it's supposedly surprise for us , although I'm still trying to keep my expectations low, because it's better that way
Hazel J20i [Bricked], Sony Xperia Go
reeflotz.blogspot.com
reeflotz@deviantart
ascariss
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2013-08-23 13:12
Not sure I am a fan of the raised screen, would have been nice to have the bezel on the outside to be slightly raised to avoid scratches on the screen. Also if there is an anti-shatter film on the screen, I doubt it will be that resistive to scratches like glass, so I feel the screen might scratch a bit more than on my S2 which after more than 2 years of use with no screen protector, there are no scratches on it. Hopefully the screen holds out.

Liking the shutter button and open headphone jack. I feel the rounded off edges and sides will be comfortable to hold.
amirprog
W800
PM
Posted: 2013-08-23 13:31

On 2013-08-23 13:06:19, reeflotz wrote:
To me I don't see anything wrong if a manufacturer decides to go for two flagships per year. So what if you bought a flagship phone and know that in 6 months there will be a new one? That does not make your phone obsolete, and besides newer isn't always better, you can still always skip the second flagship and just wait another 6 months for the next flagship if you always buy one per year.

i also buy phone usually every 4-5 years, my current phone is iphone 3gs and it still good - almost lag free. but its not the case.

i will tell you why its ALWAYS better - it's wiser to have 3 different series highend flagships - Z line in 5 inch (like galaxy s), phablet in 5.5 inch or a bit bigger (like the note), and z ultra for more of a phone-tablet line, and release each successor every year - with this you built much more anticipation, the specs are much more exciting, you talk to all kinds of people with different needs, investing more time and efforts in the designing, marketing, testing, etc. a win win situation. why do you think samsung is so successful with their phone series? along the big marketing these are the reasons for their success. the numbers speak for themselves.
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-08-23 13:31
I think it shouldn't be considered two flagships per year, but rather 1 new device (per sector) + 1 refresh per year, the following year is a new handset + refresh later in the year. Examples in case: Arc/Arc S, K800/K810, W800/W810, W880/W890, Z/Z1. Xperia S was never really a 'top-end' phone in comparison to others in that period so didn't get a direct refresh but rather merged with P to make SP and the 'refresh' was handed to T/TX. It says a lot about the internal disappointment of S that they reverted back to the arc design style instead of follow up with a refresh.

This has been the cycle for many years with te exception of devices which are in new segments, in which case, the first device doesn't get a refresh, presumably because they want to test the water and not pour money into developing the refresh (which would start well before the initial device has released) if the segment isn't viable. Examples in case: Xperia Pureness, X1, X10, Xperia Play, even Tablet P.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
amirprog
W800
PM
Posted: 2013-08-23 13:34

On 2013-08-23 13:06:19, reeflotz wrote:

Personally I stick to my phone up to 4 years or up to the day it lasts, not unless I see a new phone that I really like and is necessary and considers it as a huge upgrade (plus if I have the extra money to buy it), if not I'll still stick to my working phone.

on topic:

Now I can't wait to see the full Honami and it's supposedly surprise for us , although I'm still trying to keep my expectations low, because it's better that way

i also buy phone usually every 4-5 years, my current phone is iphone 3gs and it still good - almost lag free. but its not the case.

i will tell you why it seems to ALWAYS be better - it's wiser to have 3 different series highend flagships - Z line in 5 inch (like galaxy s), phablet in 5.5 inch or a bit bigger (like the note), and z ultra for more of a phone-tablet line, and release each successor every year - with this you built much more anticipation, the specs are much more exciting, you talk to all kinds of people with different needs, investing more time and efforts in the designing, marketing, testing, etc. a win win situation.
why do you think samsung is so successful with their phone series? along the big marketing these are the reasons for their success. it can only be wise for sony to learn from their competitors. the numbers speak for themselves. no brainer.

on topic:
i'm always impressed again and again with sony designs, i bow to sony designers.
[ This Message was edited by: amirprog on 2013-08-23 12:40 ]
sami92a
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-08-23 13:53
i´m not sure i dare to get this wet Do anyone know how the IP-certifikation works when its a flapless 3,5 Jack? what instead of the flaps is it that protects the phone from water damage?
amirprog
W800
PM
Posted: 2013-08-23 14:00

On 2013-08-23 13:53:32, sami92a wrote:
i´m not sure i dare to get this wet Do anyone know how the IP-certifikation works when its a flapless 3,5 Jack? what instead of the flaps is it that protects the phone from water damage?

there is no need for flaps for the 3.5 hole , unlike the z, for the phone to be water resistant - haven't you seen the z ultra? same thing there.
milukugiuniu
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-08-23 15:14

which color is your favorate?
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2013-08-23 15:16
Is the Z1 really slimmer than the Z? I'm guessing it would have to be.
MNX1024
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-08-23 15:19

On 2013-08-23 15:14:05, milukugiuniu wrote:

which color is your favorate?

The white looks nice and I always wanted a white phone because I never had one, but the purple is really getting to me. When I was about to purchase the Xperia Z, purple was my choice, lucky I held out since Honami seems like a much better phone.
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2013-08-23 15:20
The G lens logo looked best at black/White version. the purple one ruins its visual appeal, at least for me. in addition to that, I think QX100 would look fabulous with a white Honami
[ This Message was edited by: razec on 2013-08-23 14:22 ]
10 years at Esato
amirprog
W800
PM
Posted: 2013-08-23 15:29
no tester said the Z1 will be slimmer, but tester said it will be thicker. this reminds me of xenon flash questions - all people that said it will have xenon flash base their saying on 2 month ago prototype, come on people, you are intelligent, latest leaks show clearly it won't have xenon, and this is probably so it won't be thicker then it is, and this is not a camera phone, its all around flagship... so very low chances from the beginning...

very nice colors, purple looks hot! but black always got the edge. would be nice if sony will add red color - will be eye catching for sure, hehe.
[ This Message was edited by: amirprog on 2013-08-23 14:31 ]
smclion102
T610
PM
Posted: 2013-08-23 15:38
We can now tell Sony Mobile to stop teasing us

Z1 looks so beautiful so perfect
T610i-K700i-K750i-W700i-W810i-W560i-P1i-W910i-G900i-W595i-X10mini-Cedar-Xperia U-Xperia S-XZ Premimum
TyoDo
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-08-23 15:48
XPERIA "Honami" Z1 Middle Frame has been leaked http://www.nowhereelse.fr/cadre-sony-xperia-honami-z1-one-87513/
[ This Message was edited by: TyoDo on 2013-08-23 14:50 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic