Esato

Forum > General discussions > Rumours > SONY Xperia Rumors 2013 Edition

Author SONY Xperia Rumors 2013 Edition
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2013-08-16 15:59
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Don't convert currencies, the prices I quoted do not apply to the US or any other market except India
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2013-08-16 15:03 ]
DexterMoser
Samsung Galaxy S 4
PM
Posted: 2013-08-16 16:00
Ok! I'm sorry
Galaxy S4 (S600)
Looking forward to the Sony Xperia Z4 (or 5)
Feynman about Beauty
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2013-08-16 16:03

On 2013-08-16 16:00:49, DexterMoser wrote:
Ok! I'm sorry

For US I'd guess around 250$ for the QX10 and ~500$ for the QX100 Or roughly 85-90% of the RX100 II and 75-80% of WX150 price.
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2013-08-16 15:05 ]
Miki69
Nokia 808 PureView
PM
Posted: 2013-08-16 16:09
Well, in all fairness he got certain point. I guess quite a number of people expected more: Xenon flash, larger sensor, overall smaller device..... Same happen with S4 rumours, remember ceramic body was almost confirmed by Eldar (yeah, I know , don't start it), however final design was a real disappointment to me (cheap plastic, same ol', same ol').

I guess rumors are kinda double-edged sword, feeding you until last moment and then boom! - a huge fall, back to reality.

Back to Honami: will it also have shatter-proof film/plastic on the top of the screen? And what's the point of it? I have replaced my wife's XZ protector twice, as it gained some ugly scratches.

Why Sony put such things in a first place, when XZ suppose to have dragontail/Gorilla glass (OK, Sony calls it tempered glass)?

Cheers,
Miki
[ This Message was edited by: Miki69 on 2013-08-16 15:10 ]
reeflotz
Hazel
PM
Posted: 2013-08-16 16:21
afaik there's only two things from the rumors that does not seem to be on the actual device, and it's the xenon and large sensor, but even though there's no large sensor, from the leaked sample the picture quality is already good at least for daylight, so in the end we still get superior camera and in return we get a slim device with no hump at the back unlike if it did have that large sensor.

at least for me, there's still no disappointment yet on the upcoming honami. People who say that it's nothing but a refreshed Z are terribly mistaken imo because screen, camera quality, physical camera button, higher water resistance and performance are a huge improvement from the Z. I'd hardly call that a refresh.
[ This Message was edited by: reeflotz on 2013-08-16 15:23 ]
Hazel J20i [Bricked], Sony Xperia Go
reeflotz.blogspot.com
reeflotz@deviantart
Miki69
Nokia 808 PureView
PM
Posted: 2013-08-16 16:25

On 2013-08-16 16:21:42, reeflotz wrote:
at least for me, there's still no disappointment yet on the upcoming honami. People who say that it's nothing but a refreshed Z are terribly mistaken imo because screen, camera quality, physical camera button, higher water resistance and performance are a huge improvement from the Z. I'd hardly call that a refresh.
[ This Message was edited by: reeflotz on 2013-08-16 15:23 ]

Have to agree with you on all said above....

Cheers,
Miki
reeflotz
Hazel
PM
Posted: 2013-08-16 16:48
BTW the shatter proof sheet is supposed to prevent breakage of the glass in case you drop the phone, it's supposed to distribute the impact so that the whole glass should absorb it and prevent it from shattering due to concentrated impact, although I'm also confused as to why there is one on some Sony devices when the glass itself is already supposed to be shatterproof. My xperia go does not have it when I bought one brand new.
[ This Message was edited by: reeflotz on 2013-08-16 15:49 ]
Hazel J20i [Bricked], Sony Xperia Go
reeflotz.blogspot.com
reeflotz@deviantart
Ambroos
Sony Xperia Z1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-08-16 17:06
The glass itself is scratch-proof, but not shatter-proof. The more scratch resistance you get the less shock absorption in general. It's why a Galaxy S3 or S4 doesn't scratch easily but breaks right away when dropped. Sony's solution isn't optimal as scratches get very visible but it really helps reduce the amount of broken displays.

And for 2014, I still don't believe in 3GB or 4GB. 2GB is perfectly fine and very very roomy for Android.
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2013-08-16 17:08
^

Galaxy Note 3 will have 3GB RAM NEXT MONTH
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-08-16 17:09
i hate that shatterproof sheet. it is a fingerprint/face oil magnet. the glass itself is much more forgiving. but i won't remove it because the last time i did (my x10), i dropped my phone and the glass cracked.

I suppose you can remove the shatterproof film and replace it with a 3rd party screen protector, but in my experience, those are much thicker for one, and they are never as strongly adhered. they eventually begin to peel off with pulling it in and out of your pocket.

it sucks :/ i wish they would put a fingerprint proof/resistant coating on the shatterproof film or something.
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
stedus
Apple iPhone
PM
Posted: 2013-08-16 17:12
Haven't visited the forum for around 2 days for assignments and tons of news came out
The 2014 flagship seems pretty good I might hold my XZ for another year then

@kurt: there is no point in feeding a troll, just leave him alone
[ This Message was edited by: stedus on 2013-08-16 16:14 ]
Away
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2013-08-16 17:13

On 2013-08-16 13:22:46, Tsepz_GP wrote:

On 2013-08-16 11:41:23, Away wrote:

On 2013-08-16 10:20:33, Tsepz_GP wrote:

On 2013-08-16 08:35:26, randomuser wrote:
Sony 2014 first half flagship (April 2014)

5.2" Trilumimos 1080p
Msm8984 2.3 ghz
Adreno 420
4 GB RAM
4K video capture
20 MP camera
3200mah battery

Whoomp! There it is.

The difference this time round is that the first half flagship will have leading, or at least matching specs at the same time as others. Remember the days we used to say Sony squeezes the most out of its hardware, so if it had up to date specs, it would wipe the competition away? Well, the time has come. Everyone could see it would because the Z was pretty much up there, but this even a hater like you could see.

Coupled with better compression, and hopefully larger rom, what else did we ask for?

One thing I asked for was one flagship year, but I suppose more options will never hurt as long as they are supported and marketed, and XB seems to have been spammed with update info these past few months, so I think they are supported, and the Z was marketed, so I really do think it's okay.

2 flagships a year still won't come close to emphasising one a year. I think one killer one after the s5 would have the best effect, but spamsung would soon release another it seems. No one cares about lg. They do about HTC, but they're the next Nokia.

Deja vu.

Yes, nobody cares for LG, explains why they are now the 3rd largest smartphone maker, 2nd largest Android OEM and 4th largest mobile phone maker, if nobody cares for them then not a single soul cares about Samsung, yeah? Just following that incredible logic of yours.
Could you please remind me where Sony stands again?

LG seem to only really be doing well with their flagships in South Korea, elsewhere, it's only the low ends.

And since the discussion was about high ends... Updates... Hardware optimisation (the g2 seems to be getting murdered by the Z Ultra)...

Then yes. Who is LG?
[ This Message was edited by: Away on 2013-08-16 16:18 ]
itsjustJOH
Sony Xperia L
PM
Posted: 2013-08-16 17:23

On 2013-08-16 17:09:31, moogoo wrote:
i hate that shatterproof sheet. it is a fingerprint/face oil magnet. the glass itself is much more forgiving. but i won't remove it because the last time i did (my x10), i dropped my phone and the glass cracked.

I suppose you can remove the shatterproof film and replace it with a 3rd party screen protector, but in my experience, those are much thicker for one, and they are never as strongly adhered. they eventually begin to peel off with pulling it in and out of your pocket.

it sucks :/ i wish they would put a fingerprint proof/resistant coating on the shatterproof film or something.

Some people, actually a lot, who do not know that there is already a shatterproof film preinstalled on Xperia phones put screen protectors on their devices. Don't know if it would be too thick that it would affect touch sensitivity, but they don't seem to complain about it.
kurtdean
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
PM
Posted: 2013-08-16 17:29
Don't feed the troll he's just an attention whore and got no life
Felimenta97
Sony Xperia S
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-08-16 17:39

On 2013-08-16 11:44:22, u2jewel wrote:

On 2013-08-16 03:26:50, Felimenta97 wrote:
they mention the phone has Digital TV (like the Japanese models have)...

By their image, looks like it needs a small accessory that is connected to the headphone jack, and, by my guess, uses an app to reproduce the content...

Anyone has any info on that? I know Brazil isn't the most talked place (though we had a Honami leak), and a Sony strange place also (Xperia ZL is called Xperia ZQ, for no reason at all, and where a Vaio Pro costs R$ 6.000,00, which is around 2560 USD), but this sound really strange...

It will be a nice feature for sure! Is Brazil's digital tv broadcasting systems PAL or NTSC?
In theory if the tuner bandwidth range and the system is the same, you should be able to watch tv on your device. You can with many Japanese mobile devices.
UP until recently, most Japanese devices you could watch TV with were all one-seg tuners(using 1/13th of bandwith to receive LQ broadcast), but now, even the tablet Z (from Docomo, not the wi-fi version) can show TV in full segment digital tv. And to answer your question, no, separate attachments aren't strictly necessary. Some have pull-out antennas built in for better reception.

Since Z ultra will be coming out in Japan (with a carrier called au) it could be a shared model? It is also possible that it will come with an IR blaster as well..

Sadly, no info given on that...
I don't get people. Never Have, never will.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic