Previous  123  Next
Author HTC One X+ official
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2012-10-04 19:30
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Is it April 1 today?

I really wonder, after reading some of the comments here. Like how HTC should buy Sony. Just like how pigs can carry an elephant on their back.

HTC shares have less than halved this year and all HTC investors are leaving the company. It's in a worse state than its ever been in and some guys saying HTC doing great.

Closed down many regional units, financial troubles, even seeking government help to bail out. Sure, HTC is indeed doin great this year.
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2012-10-04 22:53

On 2012-10-04 12:41:49, randomuser wrote:

I hope that was sarcasm right there

Heh yeah it was. Obviously you didnt pick up on it after you mentioned April 1st.

No basically i meant in response to dijn saying Sony should consider buying HTC how ridiculous that would be for the simple fact HTC (in my opinion) HTC make better phones and therefore deserve to do better and in turn be the ones doing any buying out. Of course thats all fiction because its not going to happen.

The reality is, Sony and HTC are both bleeding cash. So bad in fact that i fear for the Playstation 4. I'd hate to have to buy a bloody Xbox for my next generation console.

I truly hope HTC turn their fortunes around. I think for every happy Galaxy S3 owner like me, there could also be a happy One X customer. Sadly thats not true.

@ Tsepz_GP - you obviously know much more than i do regarding Android chipsets etc, but surely HTC didnt have a 1.7ghz cpu even ready for the market so early in the year ?
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2012-10-04 22:56
I know you're a big SE/Sony fan randomuser, but lets be real, compared to Sony (in terms of mobile)Htc is in a better state; having a lot more market share despite having less phones on the market at higher prices (globally and in the US), that tells you that there is a much stronger demand for them, if they could just get their marketing and a few parts of HW right they have a much better chance than Sony. HTC are probably the only other company other than Nokia who have the potential to unsettle Apple and Samsung at this point, so yes, as compared to Sony is doing great.

Anyway, we're OT as Tranced said.

Anyone getting this?

EDIT:

Etaab

What i mean is that Htc could've done more at MWC, but they expected the whole quad-core +1 idea in Tegra3 to take the One X to success, unfortunetly it didnt, when you talk CPU all the average user hears is 1.7GHz and thinks 'Ahh, its faster!!' they dont hear dual/quad etc...core and all that detail. The One S in some countries launched with a 1.7GHz S4 Krait around the time S3 arrived.

The 64GB memory, a higher clock speed CPU, and the Camera features -all combined would've been more effective then.

And to think, both Htc and Sony had PLENTY of time before S3 and iPhone5 launched to cash in, Apple and Samsung practicaly said 'Here, you got a head start' yet neither managed to take advantage. Baffles me.
[ This Message was edited by: Tsepz_GP on 2012-10-04 22:12 ]
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2012-10-05 07:37
Looks like a great device from HTC !

I wish the tide could turn and Samsung would
Fail HTC are the better half still for me!
An "Apple" a day keeps the Doctor at Bay!
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-10-05 10:19
In terms of software and specs Sony is still behind the competition. HTC are ahead in many ways. Much as I do love them Sony phones, I sometimes wonder why Sony are so far behind. What do I mean?? Well,the likes of HTC release new phones with ICS and Sony released many with GB and some have ONLY just recently been updated to ICS. Even lesser known manufacturers like Huawei,,ZTE released ICS handsets before Sony. Also,although it does not matter having quad core,why can't Sony release one now?? HTC have brilliant software and Sense 4 is excellent as I have used it. Sony are still playing catch up which imo is a shame
Phone?? What phone??
djin
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2012-10-05 13:47

On 2012-10-04 22:53:05, etaab wrote:

On 2012-10-04 12:41:49, randomuser wrote:

I hope that was sarcasm right there

No basically i meant in response to dijn saying Sony should consider buying HTC how ridiculous that would be for the simple fact HTC (in my opinion) HTC make better phones and therefore deserve to do better and in turn be the ones doing any buying out. Of course thats all fiction because its not going to happen.

"Peter Chou, the CEO of HTC said in an interview that HTC would be a good fit in a merger with Sony Ericsson."

http://news.softpedia.com/new[....]With-Sony-Ericsson-47277.shtml

AS i said in my first post, this was based off on 2008 and that was said by the ceo of htc. While the possibility of it is not that high, i still think if both htc and sony were to merge, it would be much better than being alone. HTC' sense + walkman, etc. from sony would still be awesome. If you find this being said as offensive then I am sorry but as I like both htc and , I can still dream of it.

@Tsepz_Gp,
I think your spot on. I too believe htc is in a much better position, than what's portrayed in the news. The only thing they really need to improve imo is the after sales support.
Xperia T + N 96

R.I.P Desire
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2012-10-05 22:10

On 2012-10-04 22:56:05, Tsepz_GP wrote:

What i mean is that Htc could've done more at MWC, but they expected the whole quad-core +1 idea in Tegra3 to take the One X to success

Which is another one of the reasons why i didnt buy the One X - the fact HTC just cannot be satisfied unlike Samsung.

With HTC they always seem to be getting ready for the next product before they've even launched the current. So with Samsung we have the S3, just like we had the S2, yet with HTC we had the Desire then Desire HD, the Sensation followed up with Sensation XL, now the One X and the One X+

If im going to buy into a flagship, i want it to last a year at least. HTC are replacing their flagships every 6 months !!!
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2012-10-05 23:18
Very true etaab! Whats up with that? Its very irritating.

Thats what makes Samsung and Apple successful, their top end devices are well defined, consistantly named and arrive timely.

We know now that we will have a Galaxy Sx each year that will be the mass market flagship for a good 12-14months, and we know there's the Galaxy Note for power users that comes near the end of the year.
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2012-10-06 21:41
Whats up with that ? to me it screams two things, HTC are constantly releasing phones like every year EA release a new FIFA game, with minor incremental updates. No problem with that, but when you've just signed up for the One X thinking yay ! i have the most up to date HTC phone money can buy ! and then they go and release another phone with MORE its like stabbing you in the back.

Second, it comes across to me as not only trying to compete, which is fair enough ive no problem with that, but also like they're milking the market for all they can. Greed basically, a common Apple trait.

Now, i was a little annoyed when i read how the latest LG phone with its quad core flashy new snapdragon cpu beats everything on the market including my SGS3, but im certain at least my SGS3 will be future proof for at least the next 12 months minimum if not longer. Samsung arent too concerned and will probably release a SGS4 next year to compete and counter it. If they were to do so now, just like HTC, are i would be enraged !!!

I dont mind not having the most powerful phone out there, but i would like the best all rounder. With the SGS3 i have it and im very happy with it.

Poor HTC One X owners, i feel sorry for them. I also feel sorry for HTC, because they've now put a splinter of doubt in my mind that when my contract expires in 2014 i should avoid their phones in case they release another one 4 months down the road.
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2012-10-08 08:02
Aww Etaab I feel sorry ur stuck with ur Galaxy till 2014
Only joking
An "Apple" a day keeps the Doctor at Bay!
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2012-10-08 12:02

On 2012-10-06 21:41:43, etaab wrote:
Whats up with that ? to me it screams two things, HTC are constantly releasing phones like every year EA release a new FIFA game, with minor incremental updates. No problem with that, but when you've just signed up for the One X thinking yay ! i have the most up to date HTC phone money can buy ! and then they go and release another phone with MORE its like stabbing you in the back.

Second, it comes across to me as not only trying to compete, which is fair enough ive no problem with that, but also like they're milking the market for all they can. Greed basically, a common Apple trait.

Now, i was a little annoyed when i read how the latest LG phone with its quad core flashy new snapdragon cpu beats everything on the market including my SGS3, but im certain at least my SGS3 will be future proof for at least the next 12 months minimum if not longer. Samsung arent too concerned and will probably release a SGS4 next year to compete and counter it. If they were to do so now, just like HTC, are i would be enraged !!!

I dont mind not having the most powerful phone out there, but i would like the best all rounder. With the SGS3 i have it and im very happy with it.

Poor HTC One X owners, i feel sorry for them. I also feel sorry for HTC, because they've now put a splinter of doubt in my mind that when my contract expires in 2014 i should avoid their phones in case they release another one 4 months down the road.

+1

WRT your GS3, just look at the GS2, in many countries its sitting at the same price as the Xperia S, (a 2012 flagship), thanks to the support Samsung give it, its over 14months old now, remains a top competitor and will get Android4.1, an update NONE of its 2011 competitors will get.

Considering the S3's success, expect similar support well into 2014. Im upgrading from my S2 in June 2013, and i'm not even worried, my S2 will get 4.1 in the next few months and i will enjoy it for around 6months and then get the S4

I wish HTC would put their best efforts in the phone they unveil at MWC, i really want to try a Htc flagship, i love SenseUI, but these midlife device upgrades e.g. One X to One X+ really put one off.
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2012-10-08 15:01
http://www.theverge.com/2012/[....]2012-unaudited-earnings-report

Those who think HTC is in a great position should read this news.
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2012-10-08 15:29
Guess it was just much more convenient for you to leave out the entire point?
" they are in a great position, better than Sony's atleast. "
Considering those results as compared to Sony's last ones and their outlook, Htc are indeed in a great position compared to Sony, they have more market share, demand and brand recognition in mobile, obviously in your typical fashion you will skip all this and take up only on the "Htc is in a great position part" im sure. As you were...

EDIT:
HTC released its unaudited Q3 financial
results and the numbers show a net profit of $133.2 million and $2.4 billion in revenues.

http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_r[....]down_qoq_and_yoy-news-4916.php
Yep, much better position than Sony, although profits are down Htc are STILL MAKING A PROFIT
[ This Message was edited by: Tsepz_GP on 2012-10-08 16:02 ]
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-11-08 02:49
According to WP Central,early reports show HTC's new Windows phone 8 devices are selling well.
Phone?? What phone??
mediar
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-11-08 08:38
@Tsepz_GP - +1

Absolutely every time I come to this forum, my reaction is always the same:

The best mobile phone brand died with Sony Ericsson's death. Shame on you Sony for killing it! And, of course, for ruining the Xperia brand...
Mediar's Site
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi