Esato

Forum > General discussions > Esato forum > Should Esato have a total re-launch?

1234  Next
Author Should Esato have a total re-launch?
jagger2k
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2012-09-27 22:06
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hey all, I've not been on this forum for a while now, mainly due to me no longer owning Sony Ericsson phones and the fact SE no longer exist. Now thinking back in SE glory days, this forum was booming, now it just feels like the same forum with very little lift left in it.

This made me wonder if Esato could do with a re-book, be less SE orientated, update the logos, banners, do away with the old themes and wallpapers for old school phones and be more and include more for Android, iPhone and Windows phone.

I think this will attract more visitors to the site and get this place booming like it once used to.

Only an idea. What's your opinions?
julias
X2 White
PM
Posted: 2012-09-28 11:18
It certainly needs a face lift and relaunch esato looks like its stuck in the 90's this is why so many old members have deserted and left.
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2012-09-28 11:47
Being a member of this site for more than 6 years now, I think part of the reasons why Esato was a very prolific site was because the members are no less than average mobile phone fan. There used to be many experts and very helpful members here and I'm honored to have chatted with many big minds here that I thought it's impossible to find something similar to other forums as this, and the fact that this site used to be mainly for SE fans there was little infighting among its members who would go to the dark side and if they did, they brought their discussions to a proper debate and state their reasons and not just trash talk others like what's happening in GSMArena comment section. another would be because Masseur was always there to keep the forum's content quality. Also Esato users seem to respect each other's opinion before as compared today. I used to be a frequent poster on GSMArena comment section but I've been driven away by the growing fanatics/fanboys who can't bring a proper and decent debate to discuss and settle things and are notorious bashers/haters for the brand that does not appeal to them. and in fact the situation never changed there. I've chatted with several experts at the K750 comments section on that site and the one who'll always be in my mind when the term "expert" was brought into discussion was the guy/gal nicknamed @doul (@Tsepz, if were not mistaken I've chatted with you many times there as nokiamaniax/keiki - feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) I've been tracking/reading esato forums 2 years prior to my registration and I'm one of those who felt how much esato changed not from the look and feel of the web site but on the members.

Also esato used to be the largest site where that became home to concept artists, many concepts have been published in this site that became known to other sites too and everyone knew where those works came from which imho helped esato gain more popularity among SE concept designers. I've known some members here who join the site mainly because they felt at home making SE concepts and showing them to other artists/hobbyists. I honestly miss those days

As for the looks, yeah it looks bland and boring, but hey Esato is one of (if not) the fastest loading forums on the net and if I were to choose between looks and speed I'd go for the latter anyday, afterall I've loved esato not because it looked retro, but because I enjoyed interacting with many people here who became part of my life in this site
10 years at Esato
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2012-09-28 13:40
I'm not sure a reboot would work, although I'd be interested to see what one would look like. May be it just needs tarting up a bit.

I sometimes read the comments sections on other forums and the trash that gets thrown around sort of drives me away. I'm glad Esato is here, the way it is and there are some great posters here.
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2012-09-28 15:27
Personally, esato is in the process of becoming like Gsmarena, it is slowly and dangerously going there. That is the main reason why I am posting less and less.

It is beginning to feel like there are now more of the childish, disrespectful and downright ignorant people in here than before.

I remember when we used to discuss issues without resorting to calling each other names, back then when SE and Nokia fans would really, really discuss about the two brands. I am not discounting the fact that the mobile landscape has drastically changed but real and constructive discussions have become a distant memory IMO. It is now all about being rude to the person/ people you disagree with.

On the site needing a face-lift, I think it could do with one, however, if the rude and immature people continue unchecked it will definitely drive some of us away.
It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
Indiandawg
Apple iPhone
PM
Posted: 2012-09-28 15:41
NO!

This is the most simple and sober site. This is what represent ESATO.COM

I have visited this site from day 1 when I bought my first mobile and nothing has changed nor I ever felt the need. It's just perfect.

I only use Forum. News and other things, I've never really used at all. Sure some additions and all are welcome but the layout is just too perfect.

EDIT: Talking about the childish crowd or mature crowd, I don't really care. I've always seen passionate smartphone lovers out here be it Nokia or Sony Ericsson or iPhone fans. We come here because we all love smartphones regardless of what OS it's got and ESATO.COM is the place where we keep coming everyday just to talk about what we really love. That's a beauty in it's own way!

Stop comparing, we're all the same just with different choices
[ This Message was edited by: Indiandawg on 2012-09-28 14:45 ]
T200 -> T68i -> T610 -> K700i -> P910i -> W800i -> P990i -> M600i -> P1-> Nokia E71 -> X1i -> X10 -> Arc S -> Sony Z1 -> Sony Z Ultra -> Sony Z3+ -> iPhone 6 -> iPhone 7 Plus -> iPhone X -> iPhone XS Max
jack00
T650 Black
PM
Posted: 2012-09-28 15:42

On 2012-09-28 15:27:52, Dups! wrote:
It is beginning to feel like there are now more of the childish, disrespectful and downright ignorant people in here than before.

so true
one of the reasons why I don't want to post anymore (i simply had to agree with you )

this site lacks a good moderator, who can also give penalties
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2012-09-28 16:37
I agree, only thing needed are some active mods
hihihans
HTC One
PM
Posted: 2012-09-28 16:47
There are already separate chapters for all brands and you can have an avatar of every phone ever available.

The power of Esato is in it's simple look and the members who tend to help each-other. I don't like forums where the moderator gives all the answers and makes you shut-up, that results in very short threads. The fun part starts where people get a little off-topic. The longer threads that seam to lead nowhere sometimes gives you a great idea or a different way of looking at things.
A little extra colour would be nice but please, no flashing banners and jumping GIF animations in every signature.
Marly
Apple iPhone 6
PM
Posted: 2012-09-28 17:38

On 2012-09-28 15:27:52, Dups! wrote:

Totally agree, some post utter garbage in the tech-forums, and are even proud of their high post-count, which they wouldn't have, when they'd posted their crap in the garbage forum, where it belongs. This puts people off.

Nothing wrong with the forum layout, imo, I like its simplicity, which is why it loads very fast.
"America: please don’t be a Dumpfkopf"
emporium
Sony Xperia V
PM
Posted: 2012-09-28 19:51

[ This Message was edited by: emporium on 2012-12-22 18:05 ]
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2012-09-28 20:06
i like it just the way it is
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
tranced
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2012-09-28 21:20
Esato was created with the purpose of being a clean and simple site. Not a rocket-science forum
I jay0726 | (+3, 0) | Clara, Evita, Mimmi & Victoria | My Pics | Do your job!
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2012-09-28 23:16

On 2012-09-28 20:06:50, Hobbs wrote:
i like it just the way it is

Me too. I wish Masseur was still here though. I think the only thing Esato needs is a couple more moderators who're around a bit more often.

Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
jagger2k
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2012-09-28 23:44
I see we have a lot of different opinions. The reason I ask this question is, while the forum is one the the best, its clean, not clutter with millions of flashing sigs etc, but when someone posts anything, it is a while before you get any sort of reply, which leads me to think, not many people are visiting this site.

While I would not want this site to go through a massive transformation, This site has been rocking the same look for YEARS now!!! I mean just look at the logo, its dated and actually looks worse than the original one.

What I am suggesting is keeping the forum how it is, but change the layout so it is more appealing to new members, Do away with the old school content and maybe have apps, wallpapers for current devices.

Lets breathe new lift into this site!!! We need Esato 2012!! not Esato 2006.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi