Forum > Manufacturer Discussion > Nokia > Nokia Lumia 920 PureView Thread

Previous  123 ... 293031 ... 515253  Next
Author Nokia Lumia 920 PureView Thread
djin
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2012-11-25 23:49
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I was interested in lumia 920, until i read about the battery issues. Its dying within 12 hours on standby! Why does nokia always beta test on their users :S. I have been using windows 8 ever since it came out, and I am really impressed. Although I do not like how you need to tie up everything with your microsoft account(for safety concerns). But otherwise, its really good(the start screen is still annoying though.)
Xperia T + N 96

R.I.P Desire
TeeGee
Nokia Lumia 925
PM
Posted: 2012-11-26 00:06

On 2012-11-25 23:49:55, djin wrote:
I was interested in lumia 920, until i read about the battery issues. Its dying within 12 hours on standby!

Several users got rid if this so-called "battery-issue" by simply deleting Skype, which still is a beta-version. So don't immediately blame Nokia, look at the apps too.

Live and let live, how hard can it be ?
djin
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2012-11-26 02:39
Several users report the issue being solved by turning off nfc and that is something which I can say is something that shouldn't have existed that too when lumia 800 had similar issues relating to battery life. I have been their "beta tester" many times over the users. Although I like Nokia, I don't like how they release it. This issue will resolve over software update, most probably.

Anyhow, my bro will be getting one soon and i may get one for myself too if I am convinced.
Xperia T + N 96

R.I.P Desire
Marly
Apple iPhone 6
PM
Posted: 2012-11-26 04:39
My husband and I have NFC turned off on our 808 PureView and two N9's anyway, as there's not much use for it in our country yet, so why have it on all the time?
We only use it to transfer pics and videos between supporting phones, which works great, lightning fast!
"America: please don’t be a Dumpfkopf"
cu015170
Nokia 808 PureView
PM
Posted: 2012-11-26 07:07
Nokia has nothing to do with this... its Microsoft's game now. Windows NT was always going to be a challenge to put in a mobile phone with limited resources, and while they've managed to make it work pretty good on the current crop of CPUs, they still need to optimize the core further in terms of power management.

There is a 30 page thread over at WPcentral with new reports every day ... the HTC 8x has similar issues as well, just look in that section or check out GSMarena's report.

http://forums.wpcentral.com/n[....]-lumia-920-battery-issues.html

Even android has better battery life ... and android is the worse than iOS and much worse than Symbian.

What I don't understand is how is Windows Phone 8 actually 8.0 software ... it has very little to do with Windows Phone 7, which made sense since it was based on Windows CE 7.0 .. Windows Phone 8 is based on a brand new kernel, and technically should be 1.0 .. which seems right considering all the problems around it.

The 920 is another beta test device.. its a shame, but it is. They will fix it.. 6-9 months time, but for now..

http://forums.wpcentral.com/n[....]w-future-lumia-920-owners.html
[ This Message was edited by: cu015170 on 2012-11-26 06:15 ]
false_morel
Nokia Lumia 920
PM
Posted: 2012-11-26 09:58
Allow me this rant because I can't take BS going on anymore:

First of all, my Lumia states it's been 1 full day on last charge and I have 35% remaining!!

The other day, I did 3 hours of music streaming over 3G to desk speakers (OVER 3G NOT WiFi), about an hour of browsing, few rounds of angry birds (the new Star Wars version is recommendable btw; haven't touched angry birds for a while before), installed apps, still browsing the app store and fiddling and setting some apps at much higher rate sicne usual as the phone is few days old only.. Of course the standard activity, some calls, SMSing, tracking a delivery, push notifications on for two email accounts, and usual social and messaging apps as well as few news apps.

Have Skype installed and on all the time. NFC turned off.
And at the end of the day I had about 25% left.

This is fair enough to me. And the iPhone and GSIII have similar battery lives.

So stop blowing things out of proportions!
If you scan the iPhone forums you'll find way more users complain about battery life issues and Wifi issues with each iPhone release!
Nokia beta testing consumers? Just get a life for heaven's sake!

Android was a pure beta project in this sense till ICS! The performance problems Android suffered at and still suffers at even on flagships are known considered as part of the product!

The list of examples is pretty long if I to go through every version of iPhone and every Droid flagship and list the problems reported from different users at launch!

I have over 100 apps installed so far, the 920 didn't freeze one time or slowed down or anything crashing!
WP in this area, is known to be the most reliable in the market and still is it seems! At least according to my own experience and many reviewers and majority of users out there!

Yes the camera's algorithms have some problems in daylight, Nokia will address this. It happens even with Nikon and Canon when they release professional DSLR flagships that have been in development for years and based on decades of experience!! Nikon D4 and Canon 1DX both cost over 5000€ body-only, and both were shippe with major bugs that were addressed and rectified.

When the Lumia features such a complicated mechanism of a floating lens assembly which is the first of its kind, expect that perfecting it is simply impossible!
It's even way more tricky to code the algorithms as the 808 PureView since the latter's already produces usual quality and Nokia needed only to boost through the oversampling algorithms.
But the 920 floating lens without right coding doesn't work at all! I'm not sure of people are really gettting how hard this solution is to implement from a technical point of view!

Anyway, few users reporting things, most of them are being fussy and think they're just happy they discovered a flaw and feel smart maybe by reporting it! This happens with every phone. Some users report actual bugs and flaws. Majority are just high on cocain!

Stop this nonsense! I swear I'm so much pissed out I feel I have to beat the hell out of some fantasy bug reporters!

You know, there are some hard working engineers behind all this new technology and better phones every year coming out, and you get lazy ignorant users that want to complain about eveything! Even things that are working just fine!

What adds salt to injury, different phones get different negative media exposure! Bunch of hypocrites!
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-11-26 10:13
More concert footage

http://www.wpcentral.com/anot[....]ncert-captured-nokia-lumia-920

Most reviews have reported good battery life,I guess some reviewers don't test properly. And even the Lumia 800 which had battery life problems in the beginning it is very good now.
[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2012-11-26 09:16 ]
Phone?? What phone??
cu015170
Nokia 808 PureView
PM
Posted: 2012-11-26 17:16
The 920 is supposed to be Nokia's best smartphone ever, and its supposed to bring their sales back up... they can't really afford to have any major problems with it... which doesn't seem to be the case at the moment, at least from what I am reading from users.

Its true that you will find more people complaining on the internet than people who praise the device, but still.. it makes me hesitate when I think about buying one.

QA with Nokia's camera gurus

http://mynokiablog.com/2012/1[....]ha-alakarhu-and-eero-salmelin/

review from thepureviewclub

http://mynokiablog.com/2012/1[....]sts-review-of-nokia-lumia-920/
false_morel
Nokia Lumia 920
PM
Posted: 2012-11-26 19:41
What major flaw are you talking about??
There are even no minor flaws!
[ This Message was edited by: false_morel on 2012-11-26 18:42 ]
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-11-26 21:26
If people wanna complain they will on the internet they don't go on to praise them. Most new phones even flagships have some bugs when released. Most of what I have read so far have been minor ones that only some people have reported,yet many have not. So that tells me that these are individual cases. Samsung GS3 has had problems when released like many too. Some report battery issues others not so it is not wide spread.
Phone?? What phone??
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-11-27 23:20
Another real test this time

http://blog.gsmarena.com/lumi[....]ing-the-real-thing/#more-41252

And it takes on a DSLR

http://www.wpcentral.com/noki[....]0-takes-dslr-night-photography
[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2012-11-27 22:50 ]
Phone?? What phone??
fbloise
Nokia 808 PureView
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-11-28 09:50
Won two tickets for the Lumia 920 launch here in London with DJ Deadmau5, yaayyy!!

"Haters are just confused Admirers" My Website
Foro.DO Facebook Group at http://www.facebook.com/groups/esato/

BBM: 2B5E52DF
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-11-28 11:36
Cool I got one of his albums
Phone?? What phone??
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-11-28 15:38
Another stabilizer test here

http://blog.gsmarena.com/noki[....]est-its-optical-stabilization/
Phone?? What phone??
Ravager
T610
PM
Posted: 2012-11-28 21:43
Got mine today!

A lot to get used to after android but it's intuitive so it shouldn't be a problem.
First thoughts, the bad first: Just a tiny bit too big for my hands, it gets warm and the battery drain quite fast (I have not fully charged it yet though), no spotify app
The good: build quality, camera (at least what i have seen today), Nokia's apps (many good apps for free!), the screen is wonderful, WP8 (do not miss android and my ipad feels so outdated.)

I'll get back with more thoughts later and maybe some pics of Christmas time in Sweden

Ravager
The tiny rabbit from outer space
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 293031 ... 515253  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic