Author Nokia: Today we dine on Jellybeans
tranced
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2012-09-05 17:19
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
This is Ballmer and Elop in the back

[ This Message was edited by: tranced on 2012-09-05 16:19 ]
I jay0726 | (+3, 0) | Clara, Evita, Mimmi & Victoria | My Pics | Do your job!
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2012-09-05 17:28
@Dups

I never said the T is impressive, did I ? I find the T to be a little underwhelming quite frankly. Nor do I like its design.

But compared to the Xperia V this Lumia 920 is definitely disappointing. Now let's see if the Iphone 5 can give the V a run for its money next week.

Btw anybody why in hell it weighs 185 grams ? That makes it probably the heaviest smartphone on earth. LOL
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2012-09-05 16:35 ]
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2012-09-05 17:45
Watching Last Word on Bloomberg, one analyst has already said that this is not going to help Nokia or MS much, its just not enough, and Nokia shares have already plummeted to below $2 per share again, so it seems even investors arent impressed.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2012-09-05 18:09
@randomuser

I thought the V and the T were the same phone save for the 'better' screen and being waterproof on the former?

@Tsepz_GP

That doesn't look good for Nokia. Hmmm... I am thinking about that question about who is going to be extinct first between Nokia and RIM.

Interesting times ahead. Let's wait and see what RIM does on its OS next year. I know I definitely rooting for RIM.
It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
Guarulhos
Nokia 808 PureView
PM
Posted: 2012-09-05 18:14
Lumia 920 PureView Very...Very...Very...Very Nice Device !

Carl Zeiss Lens Vario Tessar Wide Angle 26mm (f/2.0), PureView With Optical Image Stabilization, Camcorder FullHD, PureMotion HD+, Wireless Charging, 32 Gigabytes Mass Memory, Windows Phone 8, 1.5 Ghz Dual Core Krait, 1 Gigabyte Memory Ram, Design Superb... Lumia 920 PureView Will Be a Great Success Criticizes And Sales !!!

P.S: Viva The Empire Nokian !!!
djin
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2012-09-05 20:03
Hm, I will pass lumia 920. Its a good device, very good in terms of camera, and it is heavily focused on camera. In terms of os, I think nokia should have had froyo instead. Looks more comparable to it than jellybean.

Btw, time for moto event:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?[....]T3-kBM&feature=player_embedded
[ This Message was edited by: djin on 2012-09-05 19:04 ]
Xperia T + N 96

R.I.P Desire
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2012-09-05 21:20
Yep , Moto just announced the Moto DROID RAZR HD and DROID RAZR MAXX HD:
http://www.phonearena.com/new[....]fe-and-extra-memory_id34119#1-

So it has a metal and kevlar body, plus a huge 3300mAh batt, a big 4.7inch display, 8MP camera, 32gb built-in mem plus a SD slot yet it manages to be both thinner and lighter than the Lumia920. Why on earth does the 920 weigh 185g? It makes no sense whatsoever!
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-09-05 21:24
I would say eat the competition for sure. Guys these Nokia Lumia phones have much better specs than before and all the features they should have had in the first place. What's with the underwhelming comments?? What do you think WP needs quad core?? I don't. These have all the features of a top Android phone so what's the problem?? Do you want a phone to make the flipping coffee in the morning??

HTC Mozart
[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2012-09-05 20:29 ]
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2012-09-05 22:55
Bono, the difference here is that Nokia need something truly spectacular, not only for themselves but for the entire WP eco system, the Lumia920 isnt that, it doesnt stand out at all.

Put it next to a Galaxy Note2 with its huge display, stylus with office and productivity tools, and huge 64GB built-in mem, ,iPhone5 with the Apple eco system and whatever it brings, and next to a GS3 with its voice and multitasking capabilities and you will see what i mean, suddenly the Lumia falls into the average category.

Yes, it has a great camera, but no Xenon flash. When people are in a phone shop they want INSTANT differentiation and amazement, the iPhones and Galaxy phones do this brilliantly, the other day i was using an S3 and did pop-up play, Surfing the web while watching a vid, people around me were INSTANTLY blown away, and with that already had an idea of what an S3 can do, this is what WP phones lack, they require you to use them for a while before you see their benefits, their UI looks weird and really odd at 1st site, and i think thats whats pushing people away, and the WP8 UI with that huge mess of tiles will have many scratching their heads, its a tough one for Nokia and MS, especially with Samsung Galaxy and iPhones keeping the limelight to themselves with these lawsuits.
djin
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2012-09-05 22:56
@Bonovox,

I think windows phone needs more functionality and less restrictions. For example, I am used to not using any software for transferring music. But if I shift to wp, I will have to use zune and shift to a whole ecosystem thats tightly controlled. I wont say windows phone is bad, each have their own preferences, but, I would rather buy the new iphone, rather than invest in windows phone. While both are restrictive, I will at least be able to do more with iphone.

Since I really like nokia, I hope they come up with their own os or something else thats comparable to symbian(the old times) in terms of functionality. They have a plan b, which they will use in case windows phone does not pick up. I am more curious in that than lumia 920.

Also, they have another event at the end of september, where they will show something new from wp8, maybe that will change my mind? Idk, but todays event was boring and just a recap of whats already been shown.

@Tsepz_Gp,

I think its an error because on engadget, they were surprised to find how light the phone felt. Maybe an error? Because185g is really heavy! Twice the weight of s2!

The moto event was ok but I liked how they were focused on speed, upgrade and battery life. They are even giving out 100$ to those people who wont get jelly bean!
Xperia T + N 96

R.I.P Desire
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi