Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Sony Xperia V thread

Previous  123 ... 212223
Author Sony Xperia V thread
luwi
Sony Xperia ZL
PM
Posted: 2013-03-19 19:49
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Got my white xperia v as back up of my zl. It is hot sexy phone!
Kimi
Sony Xperia V
PM
Posted: 2013-04-05 17:46
I have a weird problem with my Xperia V on 4.1.2 with location based apps:

it looks like Google Maps is the only app thats actually reporting my correct geo location. All other 3rd Party apps including "News & Weather" (from Google as well) or FancyWidgets and others don't! So that means Google Maps always has my current, correct location, whereas all other apps and widgets seem to stick to the location where I first booted the phone after I inserted the SIM-card.

Of course I checked all my settings, everything is switched on. It doesn't matter whether GPS is switched on or not. This is my 4th Android phone in 3 years, I'm developing small Android apps from time to time, so I thought I know all about Android.

Other things I checked and tried:
- Enabling/disabling the google specific location settings (which are new in 4.1.2, the green icon)
- Fiddling around with Settings > Location Services
- Using WiFi or not
- Updating location with GPS switched on in Google Maps

All to no avail. For sure it's a configuration or software problem, because Google Maps works as expected.

Any ideas?
emporium
Sony Xperia V
PM
Posted: 2014-01-18 00:32
With screen brightness set to maximum my battery lasts 3,5 days, and when is dimmed by widget only 1 day. No sense.

[/URL] [/URL]
[ This Message was edited by: emporium on 2014-01-17 23:33 ]
itsjustJOH
Sony Xperia L
PM
Posted: 2014-01-18 03:53
The graphs show it. At full brightness, the battery was draining consistently. And it looked like you never wake up your phone that much, with the percentage of the screen when on is lower than usual. When dimmed, it seemed there was a sudden heavy usage near the end, that sudden drop on the graph. And it looks like the Google Play Services was a big culprit there.
emporium
Sony Xperia V
PM
Posted: 2014-10-10 21:35
I use chrome, opera and built in browser on my XV, and after deleting history I still can go back on visited pages by presing back arrow. Is it unusual? I delete everything except passwords. Am I doing something wrong?
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 212223
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic