Indiandawg
Apple iPhone
PM
Posted: 2012-09-15 11:08
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2012-09-15 10:11:42, goldenface wrote:

On 2012-09-14 22:21:03, Indiandawg wrote:
Does that mean 3G won't work?

No. 3G will always work where there is no 4G. Most higher end phones are quad band 3G so work nearly everywhere.

HSPA = 3G
HSPA+ = ? (according to my knowledge, it's 4G)

So What won't work if HSPA+ version is cancelled. 3G or 4G?
T200 -> T68i -> T610 -> K700i -> P910i -> W800i -> P990i -> M600i -> P1-> Nokia E71 -> X1i -> X10 -> Arc S -> Sony Z1 -> Sony Z Ultra -> Sony Z3+ -> iPhone 6 -> iPhone 7 Plus -> iPhone X -> iPhone XS Max
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2012-09-15 11:30
HSPA+ (faster 3G) Wont work. HSPA (normal 3G) will.

HSPA+ is a faster type of 3G and works on 3G networks. hspa+.

If you buy a 4G phone and use it where there is no 4G network, it will fall back on the 3G network, in the same way that where there is no 3G, most phones will fall back on 2G.

Try not to pay attention to how the operators 'brand' their phones. The Xperia Play was branded 4G on the ATT network in the states, but it was only hspa+.

Other operators are branding hspa+ as 4G too.

4G - proper 4G (LTE), uses a different set of bands to 3G.
[ This Message was edited by: goldenface on 2012-09-15 10:38 ]
Indiandawg
Apple iPhone
PM
Posted: 2012-09-15 12:09

On 2012-09-15 11:30:16, goldenface wrote:
HSPA+ (faster 3G) Wont work. HSPA (normal 3G) will.

HSPA+ is a faster type of 3G and works on 3G networks. hspa+.

If you buy a 4G phone and use it where there is no 4G network, it will fall back on the 3G network, in the same way that where there is no 3G, most phones will fall back on 2G.

Try not to pay attention to how the operators 'brand' their phones. The Xperia Play was branded 4G on the ATT network in the states, but it was only hspa+.

Other operators are branding hspa+ as 4G too.

4G - proper 4G (LTE), uses a different set of bands to 3G.
[ This Message was edited by: goldenface on 2012-09-15 10:38 ]

Now I get it. But XperiaBlog does not have the source link nor any other website have claimed that HSPA+ version is cancelled. Let's see, time will tell. Damn can't wait for this phone now.
T200 -> T68i -> T610 -> K700i -> P910i -> W800i -> P990i -> M600i -> P1-> Nokia E71 -> X1i -> X10 -> Arc S -> Sony Z1 -> Sony Z Ultra -> Sony Z3+ -> iPhone 6 -> iPhone 7 Plus -> iPhone X -> iPhone XS Max
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2012-09-15 12:33
That's unusual for Xperiablog. No link or anything?

Me either. I've never looked forward to owning a phone so much.

It looks bloody amazing, (as do all the new Xperias but the TX looks the best IMO), it's blazing fast, loads of Sony enhancements, a feature laden top notch camera, great looking UI, slim, light, dust and waterproof, NFC, LTE, sharp bright screen, the list just goes on and on.
[ This Message was edited by: goldenface on 2012-09-15 11:48 ]
Indiandawg
Apple iPhone
PM
Posted: 2012-09-15 12:54

On 2012-09-15 12:33:47, goldenface wrote:
That's unusual for Xperiablog. No link or anything?

Me either. I've never looked forward to owning a phone so much.

It looks bloody amazing, (as do all the new Xperias but the TX looks the best IMO), it's blazing fast, loads of Sony enhancements, a feature laden top notch camera, great looking UI, slim, light, dust and waterproof, NFC, LTE, sharp bright screen, the list just goes on and on.
[ This Message was edited by: goldenface on 2012-09-15 11:48 ]

I know exactly what you mean. I mean after 6 years of using smartphone, this Xperia V is going to change things the way we use smartphone. Being a dust & waterproof phone, I can imagine myself using the phone so differently. I can use it in shower, swimming pool, kitchen etc. Having NFC, LTE and amazing technology of screen will just enhance the experience of using Xperia V.

We're on the same boat

Edit: True Innovation is device that changes the way you do things and not just change it but improves you're lifestyle. Sony does it! Sad this phone has not got any limelight.
[ This Message was edited by: Indiandawg on 2012-09-15 11:58 ]
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2012-09-15 13:15
^

Very true IndianDawg

Also this reminds me of your post that you made almost a year back when Sony announced takeover that you will probably need to look elsewhere and that you didn't think you could connect with Sony the way you did with . I'm quite sure you didn't expect yourself to be THIS excited for a SONY phone a year later
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2012-09-15 13:19
True!

I'm most looking forward to LTE. Right now, my Operator 3UK, can give me speeds which vary most of the time between 2 MB and around 5 or 6MB, which is just enough to stream video on one laptop.

With LTE, which 3UK should have early next year, I can look forward to speeds of 20MB+ which is enough to stream HD Video to 3 or 4 tablets or laptops, so my phone will effectively be as good as any cable broadband package. I have my eye on the Xperia Tablet S too.

The waterproofing means I wont be worried about using my phone in the rain or at the beach, one less thing to worry about. I've lost two phones to water damage before and without a warranty, it's hundreds of pounds down the drain.

Indiandawg
Apple iPhone
PM
Posted: 2012-09-15 21:46

On 2012-09-15 13:15:39, randomuser wrote:
^

Very true IndianDawg

Also this reminds me of your post that you made almost a year back when Sony announced takeover that you will probably need to look elsewhere and that you didn't think you could connect with Sony the way you did with . I'm quite sure you didn't expect yourself to be THIS excited for a SONY phone a year later

Damn! You remember haha. Well I have always loved Sony Ericsson and even today I miss it. Call it a fanboy or loyal customer but those were the real good days and I always cherish them. Using SE phones were bliss!

I was very unsure that will Sony continue the legacy that SE created and not only they continued but they have gone far more better. Not that SE could not have done it, but i think it's about time. Their time financially was not good and there are few customers in our world who truly understands why they need a smartphone? and not just buy a smartphone because it's a smartphone. In India, so many people spend around INR25,000+ and they don't even have a 3G data plan. It just amazes me that why would anybody spend so much on a smartphone which is capable to do so much but nobody really cares. As they say, it's all about brands and that's where iPhone and Samsung wins. But who cares? We're enjoying our Xperia line up and I'm sure there is a lot more to come
[ This Message was edited by: Indiandawg on 2012-09-15 20:49 ]
mediar
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-09-16 09:22
Sony Ericsson always used to provide excellent OS support and updates. Do you remember X10 - 1.6 > 2.1 > 2.3 ? Well, the updates were always late, but at least they were pretty stable, bugless and in most cases - bringing new features. X10 even got 2011 Xperia's UI and facebook integration with the 2.3 update.

Sony? Sony just shat their pants with the ICS update for the 2011 Xperias. Xperia U and Sola are still waiting for the 4.0 update, now, when the 4.2 is just behind the corner. Please explain that to me.
[ This Message was edited by: mediar on 2012-09-16 08:25 ]
The best mobile phone brand died with Sony Ericsson's death. Shame on you Sony for killing it! And, of course, for ruining the Xperia brand...
Mediar's Site
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2012-09-16 10:11
Very True IndianDawg

Next year we will see what Sony is truly capable of

@everyone else

Just a reminder, ignore Mediar. Do NOT reply to him.
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2012-09-16 09:11 ]
Indiandawg
Apple iPhone
PM
Posted: 2012-09-16 10:23

On 2012-09-16 09:22:39, mediar wrote:
Sony Ericsson always used to provide excellent OS support and updates. Do you remember X10 - 1.6 > 2.1 > 2.3 ? Well, the updates were always late, but at least they were pretty stable, bugless and in most cases - bringing new features. X10 even got 2011 Xperia's UI and facebook integration with the 2.3 update.

Sony? Sony just shat their pants with the ICS update for the 2011 Xperias. Xperia U and Sola are still waiting for the 4.0 update, now, when the 4.2 is just behind the corner. Please explain that to me.
[ This Message was edited by: mediar on 2012-09-16 08:25 ]

Hahaha, when are you posting another joke? I'll keep my popcorn ready LMFAO!
mediar
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-09-16 11:19

On 2012-09-16 10:11:15, randomuser wrote:
@everyone else

Just a reminder, ignore Mediar. Do NOT reply to him.
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2012-09-16 09:11 ]

Of course, because I'm absolutely right and you can't deny anything. And you just cry like little babies "No, I don't believe you", "No, you're joking", "I think Sony is doing it right because I love them", "Don't read mediar's post because the truth hurts" and other pointless statements. Please give me real evidences I'm wrong and Sony's better than others. Or you have none because "True love doesn't need proof"? Something different than "trust me, in 5 years they'll make real beast" ( aka great processor but ruin it with only 12 months software support and poor camera and no removable battery and no sd card). With the new T/TX/V I see the good old stupid Sony strategy again - the flagship phones ( TX/T ) cost more but have less key features than some of the middle-end phones ( V/J ) ( for example bluetooth, screen, hardware design, water resistant, memory slot and removable battery ), software features diversity all over again. You say the V is the real flagship, but it's still not as competitive with HTC's or Samsung's flagships, as T/TX could have been with V's key features... But the fact I say "they should have done it that way" means they have done it wrong once again. With the V they're killing the T/TX market share. One said "they're testing the new features"... So we, the customers, are lab mouses for Sony? Thank you, that means a lot for us, really.

Sony should have released max 2 phones - T or TX with V's design ( it could have been better, though ) and V's key features and the J ( even though it's just Xperia S with worse design ). That's it. Sony and you're wrong. Samsung, on the other hand, still pushes OS updates for the 2010 Galaxy S.
[ This Message was edited by: mediar on 2012-09-16 10:30 ]
The best mobile phone brand died with Sony Ericsson's death. Shame on you Sony for killing it! And, of course, for ruining the Xperia brand...
Mediar's Site
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2012-09-16 11:28
?
djin
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2012-09-16 12:09
@mediar,

As a long time fan, and fan of ericsson before that, I can simply not agree with you that has ever provided a good software support. You may argue however, but the average software update is max 2 for all feature phones(which were like 99%) and that too would end by within a year.

The only company which kept providing constant and true updates is Nokia. Not ericsson, and not .

I personally think a phone should be supported for 2 years and I hope you and everyone else who got a 2011 device should get atleast the minimum 18 month support that was guaranteed. Sony did provide 4.0.4 update to almost all the 2011 devices, which is a good thing, but, I am not going to praise them because they messed it up big time. Its the only mass update which is so poorly done. This is thanks to the SAME people who were with . Its not like they pulled out everyone and shuffled the team over night and brought over that race which you hate so much. You really need to understand that. Infact, head over to sony mobile blog and read the chat with designers post. Its by the same people.

As for Samsung, well marketing really plays off for them. I find s3 to be a good device, in fact the best overall hardware android has at the moment, but, samsung mobile has more than s3, and they do a shitty job to manage those. But its all over looked because??.. I would rather get an iphone than an iphone wannabe.

As far as looks go, its subjective, I find T and V to be much better looking, and since their dimensions are not that huge, to be more comfortable. If you find s3 better, then its your choice and its all good that we have diversity here.
Xperia T + N 96

R.I.P Desire
admad
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2012-09-16 12:33
With the new T/TX/V I see the good old stupid Sony strategy again - the flagship phones ( TX/T ) cost more but have less key features than some of the middle-end phones ( V/J ) ( for example bluetooth, screen, hardware design, water resistant, memory slot and removable battery ), software features diversity all over again. You say the V is the real flagship, but it's still not as competitive with HTC's or Samsung's flagships, as T/TX could have been with V's key features...

My thoughts exactly. V has so much more software goodies, it takes just a one click to deliver them to TX/T too, but nooo. V has many software camera improvements, but then, no camera shutter button Ridiculous.
[ This Message was edited by: admad on 2012-09-16 11:33 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 789 ... 212223  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic