Previous  123 ... 484950 ... 131132133  Next
Author Sony Xperia T & TX thread
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-10-21 03:30
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2012-10-20 23:33:45, Big_D wrote:
Xperia TX is playstation certified, does that mean I can play games downloaded from Playstation Network? How do I do that? needs instructions.

also u know the right button of the 3 main buttons, From Left ; Back, Home and (__) is that the Small app buttons? I tried but I cannot download any additional small apps on the play store. are there just not any online the Play store?

I would also like to customize the pull down menu if possible, anyone can help me with that?

Yes, that's where the small apps are. Apps need to be made specially with the 'small apps' codes to be compatible with the menu here. There are apps out there that have a widowed functionality but none that I know which are compatible with the Sony small apps bit, except the original 4 apps that are pre-installed (calc, timer, notes and recorder).

I use Mobo Player which can be used in a window which floats over other apps.

e.g.

[ This Message was edited by: Ricky D on 2012-10-21 02:38 ]
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
Big_D
Sony Xperia TX
PM
Posted: 2012-10-21 03:43
@alexwu98
thanks, I'll try it anyway. but ur right, not alot of games. hopefully they'll add more soon.

@ Ricky D yes, I use it too and was surprised to see it floating around my home screen, able to max and minimize the screen and move it around. real nice.
[ This Message was edited by: Big_D on 2012-10-21 05:01 ]

T-mobile USA network.
Xperia x10i unlocked + 32GB / Xperia Neo
Xperia TX LT29i
Xperia Z C6606
Xperia L C2104
Xperia M Dual C2004
Currently using Xperia Z1s C6916 (T-Mobile USA)
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2012-10-21 09:08
Dice Player can do that as well.
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-10-21 09:18
On the battery:

My battery gets down to about 20-30% when I get home if I've been out for the day. I always have the screen on 100% and usually get a dozen emails, half a dozen texts, 30 mins of music wired through the car stereo, 30 mins browsing and 30-45 mins casual game playing in an 8 hour 'day out'. That's without any charging in my car. WiFi on all the time, BT off.

To be honest I'm at home most days (self employed web developer perk) and at my desk I have a charger so most days I don't feel a pinch on the battery.

I found if I turn the brightness down to 20-30% (e.g. when I play a few games in bed if I can't sleep) it can play over an hour and a half non-stop before getting to 50%.

The screen is by far the biggest drain and if you can cope with a reduced brightness for most of the time then it's worth it for the trade off.

To answer your question, my first use (from the 50% factory charged + 30 mins charging at home) didn't last me long at all. A couple of hours max. I was abusing it in the first couple hours though. Rooted it, loaded Google apps, bootlooped, reflashed, root again, Google Apps again, loads of app restoring and update downloading and just playing
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
alexwu98
Sony Xperia TX
PM
Posted: 2012-10-21 10:11

On 2012-10-21 09:18:10, Ricky D wrote:

To answer your question, my first use (from the 50% factory charged + 30 mins charging at home) didn't last me long at all. A couple of hours max. I was abusing it in the first couple hours though. Rooted it, loaded Google apps, bootlooped, reflashed, root again, Google Apps again, loads of app restoring and update downloading and just playing

Haha thats what we all do when we get a new phone ! But that pretty intense, rooting and flashing a brand new phone right out of the box
SE W850i>LG Chocolate>SE Aino>SE Satio U1i>HTC Desire HD>SE Arc S>Sony Xperia S>Xperia TX
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-10-21 10:52

On 2012-10-21 10:11:38, alexwu98 wrote:
Haha thats what we all do when we get a new phone ! But that pretty intense, rooting and flashing a brand new phone right out of the box

Yeah, it's not nicest feeling to see your phone boot loop less than an hour after unboxing, but it's ok now
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
newnagasaki
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-10-21 12:56

On 2012-10-20 05:25:01, Big_D wrote:
@Ricky D thanks, H+=4G, got it.

@newnagasaki I bought mine on eBay.com. Did you want an Xperia T (LT30p) or Xperia TX (LT29i)?

I myself got an LT29i (the one with the replaceable battery).

this is the one I bought, White Xperia TX LT29i. . best deal i found so far. but the price fluctuated on some days. I bought mine @ 599 USD, but it can jump to 615 or 639 USD. they also have a black one. seller is from Texas, USA.

also have a Xperia T (LT30p) but more pricey @ 649 USD.

btw, TX is HK version, T is most likely UK version. I had ask the seller before.

best ones I found on ebay.com hope this will help you.
[ This Message was edited by: Big_D on 2012-10-20 04:43 ]

Oh, so you have both T and TX. Just because I'm curious, but why get both phones?

Also how are the speeds on Tmobile? I also have Tmobile and plan on using that with my phone once I purchase one.

Right now I found an online retailer located in the USA who has the TX in stock for $571, thinking about purchainsg it or waiting until I get paid next week. Trying to save to move out next year.
Big_D
Sony Xperia TX
PM
Posted: 2012-10-21 17:09
@newnagasaki I don't have the Xperia T, what I meant is that the seller I bought my Xperia TX from also sells an Xperia T. And with T-Mobile USA, it's have 3G and 4G bands unlike the other Xperia phones. H+ is HSPA+, which is T-Mobile USA's 4G, I learnt it from Ricky D Now once you got the phone you will need to get the Internet and MMS settings from your provider (T-Mobile USA). mine was automatically downloaded, maybe yours would, too. but if not, Go to Settings -> Xperia -> Internet Settings and download the settings for your Internet and MMS to work via T-Mobile.

If your like me and the MMS didn't really work, I couldn't get a normal sized picture message, but all in default size (really small). You can fix this by going to Settings -> under Wireless & Networks, goto More... -> Mobile Networks -> Access Point Names. from here, click on the "Menu" buttons which is a looks like ":" but with 3 dots. -> New APN and add this to the following:

Name: T-Mobile US
APN: wap.voicestream.com
Proxy: (leave this blank)
Port: (leave this blank)
Username: (leave this blank)
Password: (leave this blank)
Server: (leave this blank)
MMSC: http://216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
MMS Proxy: (leave this blank)
MMS Port: (leave this blank)
MCC: 310
MNC: 260
APN Type: (leave this blank)

I did this and now it working fine, Internet, MMS it's all great.

T-mobile USA network.
Xperia TX LT29i
Xperia Z C6606
Xperia L C2104
Xperia M Dual C2004
newnagasaki
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-10-21 17:14

On 2012-10-21 17:09:09, Big_D wrote:
@newnagasaki I don't have the Xperia T, what I meant is that the seller I bought my Xperia TX from also sells an Xperia T. And with T-Mobile USA, it's have 3G and 4G bands unlike the other Xperia phones. H+ is HSPA+, which is T-Mobile USA's 4G, I learnt it from Ricky D Now once you got the phone you will need to get the Internet and MMS settings from your provider (T-Mobile USA). mine was automatically downloaded, maybe yours would, too. but if not, Go to Settings -> Xperia -> Internet Settings and download the settings for your Internet and MMS to work via T-Mobile.

If your like me and the MMS didn't really work, I couldn't get a normal sized picture message, but all in default size (really small). You can fix this by going to Settings -> under Wireless & Networks, goto More... -> Mobile Networks -> Access Point Names. from here, click on the "Menu" buttons which is a looks like ":" but with 3 dots. -> New APN and add this to the following:

Name: T-Mobile US
APN: wap.voicestream.com
Proxy: (leave this blank)
Port: (leave this blank)
Username: (leave this blank)
Password: (leave this blank)
Server: (leave this blank)
MMSC: http://216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
MMS Proxy: (leave this blank)
MMS Port: (leave this blank)
MCC: 310
MNC: 260
APN Type: (leave this blank)

I did this and now it working fine, Internet, MMS it's all great.

Thanks!

Omg you are enticing me to buy the Xperia TX right now >.
justus333
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2012-10-21 17:26
Got mine too now.

And usual, there is things to like and things to dislike.
For example, call quality is fantastic, battery life so far is lousy.
Screen a little too dim but otherwise very, very good (I mostly wanted it to comfortably read PDFs on it without having to buy a tablet and that really is a blast to read texts on the T).
Apps IMO are still worse in comparison to IOS, but thatīs not the Tīs fault.
But I have tried many Androids and now Im for the first time willing to give this one a chance, so this clearly speaks for the T!
Any idea to where to get good Android Apps. I seem to bit helpless given the somewhat chaotic google play....

northmonkey
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2012-10-21 17:29

On 2012-10-21 17:26:23, justus333 wrote:
Got mine too now.

Screen a little too dim but otherwise very, very good (I mostly wanted it to comfortably read PDFs on it without having to buy a tablet and that really is a blast to read texts on the T).
But I have tried many Androids and now Im for the first time willing to give this one a chance, so this clearly speaks for the T!
Any idea to where to get good Android Apps. I seem to bit helpless given the somewhat chaotic google play....

So what is the camera like? I'd like someone to confirm just how strong/weak the LED flash is too.
justus333
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2012-10-21 17:37
Im going out now to shoot some pics....Iīll see to uploading some later...

Big_D
Sony Xperia TX
PM
Posted: 2012-10-21 17:54
@newnagasaki both phones are nearly exactly the same, hardware and software wise. just the difference are mainly the design and the replacement battery (TX) which is the main reason for me with the TX. Also, there's region specific. TX is in Far East Asia while T and usually from Europe. this will change later as Sony is releasing either or model around the globe, but right now those 2 are your main source, if I'm correct.

but some of the accessories are different, it's not interchangeable or compatible, like TV docks, each have it's own and cases and cover.

-----------------------------

When I first use the music app, I was pleasantly suprise by it's clarity and loudness. but the walkman app could use some work. I don't particularly like the way you turn on shuffle or repeat mode. it's an annoying extra step or two. go to app, pull down menu, shuffle/repeat and toggle on or off. X10 and Neo built-in music player and Google Play music isn't that annoying, it's on the screen and sometimes on the widgets as well, where u can just click to activate/deactivate, simply and easy. but of course I can just use the Google Play music app, but having the built-in app walkman and not using it seems like just a waste of space to me. if Sony can tweak that with updates, then I'll only need one music app, then.

another thing that disappointed me was that it not compatible with just any in-line mic and remote headphones. I have this SONY MDR-EX38 with in-line mic and remote headphones, though compatible with iPods, were also compatible with many other android phones, volume works and so did answering phonecalls.
it didn't work with the Xperia TX, it had work on my Xperia Neo, but not on Xperia x10.

I'm personally bummed due to the fact that it's my most used headphones for all my devices and I personally bought 2 more. yet it's not working with my phone. I usually use it with my ipod touch and previous android phone.

The music clarity is fine on the phone when using the headphones, but the remote doesn't work. other simple headphones should work I suppose. just not hands-free. I would have to use the headphones it came with.
[ This Message was edited by: Big_D on 2012-10-21 16:58 ]

T-mobile USA network.
Xperia TX LT29i
Xperia Z C6606
Xperia L C2104
Xperia M Dual C2004
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-10-21 20:28

On 2012-10-21 17:26:23, justus333 wrote:
Got mine too now.

Which kind of apps you look for?
All the apps are on Play... What do you need?
a w a r e
northmonkey
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2012-10-21 21:45
Be interested to know how you take a screenshot on this phone as I'm guessing it would be very awkward to take a screenshot by pressing the power button and the volume down button due to the location of the buttons.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 484950 ... 131132133  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic