Esato

Forum > General discussions > Rumours > Nokia Windows Phone 8 prototype revealed?

Previous  12
Author Nokia Windows Phone 8 prototype revealed?
mediar
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-08-08 17:44
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Well, razec, it seems you don't like the Lumia 900, but you liked Aino, right?

Tell me where's the difference. If Sony wants minimalism, Aino's design is the right way, not Mint's.
The best mobile phone brand died with Sony Ericsson's death. Shame on you Sony for killing it! And, of course, for ruining the Xperia brand...
Mediar's Site
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2012-08-09 06:09
You know why i liked Aino?

It's because of this:

I look at the Aino as a whole package which is what made me love the phone. it may have a minimalistic look in front, but that's not just all. because it's a fresh design coming from the japanese style which I loved. what you just shown was the part which holds nothing to what made the Aino popular at least among fans Aino is not your typical minimalist mobile phone, it has something else in it as compared to the really basic look of the Lumia 900 from its front to back. If you read my previous posts across different threads, you'll see I do hate minimalistic looks, I want something really different! but that doesn't mean I should ignore what I see in Lt29 as one of the nicest approach on candybar smartphone design as compared to others:

also just in case you don't know LT29 will have some nice novelty on it:

And why I liked the NXT design? here's the reason

^^ that was a clever use of the rather typical LED notification

and as I said, don't judge the looks until you see it official

Example: the "Ugly Xperia Tipo"

Xperia Arc - during rumors stage

Xperia Arc - official

now who's better looking?

PSMy apologies for being offtopic I just want to express my opinion as to why I disagreed with mediar: I ask for the little understanding on the moderator's part for this
[ This Message was edited by: razec on 2012-08-09 05:14 ]
10 years at Esato
ILoveBhe
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2012-08-09 07:53
Theres only one S/SE Phone which i was so impressed withthe looks, its the se experis arc s but only when its powered off, when turned on it seemed the screen dropped several milimeters down. Never liked any samsung looks and for nokia, the n9, i would have loved the lumia 800 but i dont like seing the soft buttons eating a chunk off the display
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-08-12 02:53
Love Windows phone more than anything out there and its only gonna get better. As for design I love Lumia 800/900 it looks and feels gorgeous in the flesh
Phone?? What phone??
ILoveBhe
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2012-08-12 07:52
The diferent preference of people, i personally hated the line/belt of tne current experia series. It seems to me that it makes the phone longer tha it needs to be, a waste of space and a huge distraction to the screen when lit up. After that line there still lays a huge block whatever that thing is that certainly made the phone even longer. to me looks like an external battery...while others so love these.

If only windows lose those soft buttons that they only appear when needed, would have love the lumia 800 so much
mediar
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-08-12 09:32

On 2012-08-12 02:53:00, Bonovox wrote:
Love Windows phone more than anything out there and its only gonna get better. As for design I love Lumia 800/900 it looks and feels gorgeous in the flesh

+1 The entire Lumia line looks great ( can't even compare it with the 2012 Xperias ). I wish it was running Android so I can get a beautiful successor of my Xperia Pro... Nah, I'm kidding, I won't change my Pro anytime soon, because I love it so much, but yea, the Lumias are great. This is my personal TOP 5:

1. 2011 Xperias
2. older SE phones
3. Nokia Lumia series
4. HTC One series
5. Samsung Galaxy S3 & Motorola Photon Q
The best mobile phone brand died with Sony Ericsson's death. Shame on you Sony for killing it! And, of course, for ruining the Xperia brand...
Mediar's Site
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-08-17 17:28
I cannot wait to see the Windows 8 UI on HD screens and all the new features coming. Features which yes should have been there in the first place but it'll look great. I still love the Xperia designs no other phones look as unique as Sony's on the market. I would love the Xperia P seen one for £269 on Three network. And Nokia is promising also Lumia Pureview
Phone?? What phone??
mediar
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-09-02 15:45
Two new photos:

Nokia Lumia 920 ( rubberized plastic + sharp edges )

Nokia Lumia 920 ( glossy plastic + rounded edges )

Pure beauties! Excellent, Nokia, it seems you know the basic rules of design.
[ This Message was edited by: mediar on 2012-09-02 14:45 ]
Mediar's Site
mediar
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-09-05 18:22
Nokia Lumia 920 will have a wireless charger!

Sounds great! Another great innovation to the world of mobile phones.
Mediar's Site
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi