Esato

Forum > Manufacturer Discussion > Apple > Why is Iphone 4S the best smartphone in the world

Previous  123  Next
Author Why is Iphone 4S the best smartphone in the world
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2012-08-06 15:39
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
+1

Some would even argue how much of a smartphone it actually is.
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2012-08-07 21:23
Ive never once embraced any iPhone or iPad as a true smartphone. Not in the old sense of the word anyway.

Today the term smartphone means something different to the masses, who strangely enough own iPhones.
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2012-08-07 23:24
I've never been able to take the iPhone seriously as a smartphone, i still see it as a glorified feature phone much like the SE Aino and Samsung Jet
Even compared to those its missing a lot, i have watched many ex Nokia Nseries/Eseries, and ex BB users have to deal with the downgrade in functionality, many of them are waiting for the day Apple bring e.g. BT file transfer and USB Mass storage, there is just no way of sharing files between their other devices and iOS devices without having to use the internet, thats why Apple are going to struggle in developing countries and begin to stagnate.

An arguement to that would be "So what? Apple are taking 77% of profits ANYWAY!" BUT with a company like Samsung and its ever growing brand awareness and market share domination, it will get to a point where the scale will tip to Samsung's advantage it may not happen now, but in the next 2-4years it will, im sure Apple have realised that and its one of the main reasons why they are trying so hard to punish Samsung with litigation.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2012-08-08 02:12
Just wondering when it comes a smartphone who really kicks 4S nuts

When it comes to apps, iOS's got it. The developers tend to like Apple's "closed" approach with iOS since there's less headaches to deal when developing/porting apps to the platform than it is with Android and its variants. iOS also tend to get the newest games first before android does, and in the case of android the Xperias (especially the "aged" Play) are the first priority. and what's worse some of the ported games have more issues running in android than it was with iOS. I really think google should develop a unified framework(at least for gaming) that's hardware independent to prevent incompatibility issues between different hardware. it was what android was supposed to be, but after google announced that android will support native code, it worsened the fragmentation. That's explains why I'm personally excited about PSMobile as it's the ray of hope for the android to regain its name as a platform for game developers.

but as a smartphone Android and Symbian are more powerful and more functional than iOS. Even the old Windows Mobile can do more tricks. I just hate what's happening in the market right now. even the Windows 8 itself is more restricted than ever, and as a poweruser I don't like it so I'm sticking with Windows 7.

So with that I conclude two simple fact:
* Restricted platform(iOS, Windows Phone) - developer friendly, (power)user's enemy
* Open platform(Android, Symbian, Windows Mobile) - (power)user friendly, developer's enemy

if you guys fall in either the two, you'll understand what that mean
10 years at Esato
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2012-08-08 02:16
Nethertheless I like my iPhone cos I think apple make excellent music devices,
I love the fact i can download podcasts and subscribe too ... I asked my partner if his android
could do that and he's clueless so my iPhone wins hands down on the road in the BMW
An "Apple" a day keeps the Doctor at Bay!
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2012-08-08 02:21
^^ You beat your partner for being more tech-minded It's pretty rare to find women who can be more geeky than men, and I think that's hot
10 years at Esato
AbuBasim
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2012-08-08 08:26

On 2012-08-08 02:16:02, Miss UK wrote:
Nethertheless I like my iPhone cos I think apple make excellent music devices,
I love the fact i can download podcasts and subscribe too ... I asked my partner if his android
could do that and he's clueless so my iPhone wins hands down on the road in the BMW

I agree with the highlighted part... I guess he hasn't bothered opening the Play Store app on his phone.. If he would care to look for podcast apps, he would find billions and billions of them - or at least a dozen

Google just withdrew their own Listen app. It was simply but functional. The only drawback with it was that it didn't maintain the order of the podcasts. Now I'm using a paid one called DoggCatcher. Very good and without the above Listen problem. But I miss Listen's feature of maintaining its podcast list in my Google Reader feeds.
bipinm
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2012-08-08 08:54
I love MEGABASS in my
AbuBasim
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2012-08-12 16:13

On 2012-08-08 08:54:51, bipinm wrote:
I love MEGABASS in my

What on earth is MEGAB?
chunkybeats
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2012-08-13 03:13
google it AbuBasim it is more famous than you think, its Sony's amazing tech way before the latecomers came onboard (Samsung & Apple)
AbuBasim
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2012-08-13 16:34

On 2012-08-13 03:13:45, chunkybeats wrote:
google it AbuBasim it is more famous than you think, its Sony's amazing tech way before the latecomers came onboard (Samsung & Apple)

Whoosh! That was the sound of my silly joke flying over your head.
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2012-08-13 19:13
MegaBass was nothing amazing, as i remember it in my W800/900/880 and in the W850 it was just a whole lot of bass and nothing else, while SE were doing that, Samsung had made a partnership with Bang & Olufsen to create the best sounding phone, and they were also fitting their phones and smartphones with great audio chips with DNSe tech.
Later comer? anything but.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
jplacson
Sony Xperia P
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-08-13 19:23

On 2012-08-13 19:13:50, Tsepz_GP wrote:
MegaBass was nothing amazing, as i remember it in my W800/900/880 and in the W850 it was just a whole lot of bass and nothing else, while SE were doing that, Samsung had made a partnership with Bang & Olufsen to create the best sounding phone, and they were also fitting their phones and smartphones with great audio chips with DNSe tech.
Later comer? anything but.

Agree, I leave my EQ flat and just get better earphones.

Most people don't know that Ericsson celfones used to have B&O speakers.

The Samsung B&O phone (that weird looking one with the slide out bass port) really was the best sounding mobile phone... unfortunately if was HUGE, and was phased out before it even hit the market (with a few units floating around)

I think Samsung should partner up with more design firms if they wanna beef up their top end products. Or supply Lumigon with decent spec'd components
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-08-13 19:25

On 2012-08-08 02:12:46, razec wrote:
Just wondering when it comes a smartphone who really kicks 4S nuts

When it comes to apps, iOS's got it. The developers tend to like Apple's "closed" approach with iOS since there's less headaches to deal when developing/porting apps to the platform than it is with Android and its variants. iOS also tend to get the newest games first before android does, and in the case of android the Xperias (especially the "aged" Play) are the first priority. and what's worse some of the ported games have more issues running in android than it was with iOS. I really think google should develop a unified framework(at least for gaming) that's hardware independent to prevent incompatibility issues between different hardware. it was what android was supposed to be, but after google announced that android will support native code, it worsened the fragmentation. That's explains why I'm personally excited about PSMobile as it's the ray of hope for the android to regain its name as a platform for game developers.

but as a smartphone Android and Symbian are more powerful and more functional than iOS. Even the old Windows Mobile can do more tricks. I just hate what's happening in the market right now. even the Windows 8 itself is more restricted than ever, and as a poweruser I don't like it so I'm sticking with Windows 7.

So with that I conclude two simple fact:
* Restricted platform(iOS, Windows Phone) - developer friendly, (power)user's enemy
* Open platform(Android, Symbian, Windows Mobile) - (power)user friendly, developer's enemy

if you guys fall in either the two, you'll understand what that mean

Sorry but I have to disagree with a LOT of points.

Windows 6.1/6.5/CE was NOT nearly as more powerful as iOS. They where ALL created on a very limited platform with registry hacks & some apps to give what the core system required.
No WLAN hosting to 3G stack
No proper 3G stack - manufacturers had to create their own which SLOWED updates; recall HTC's reign?!
No proper application guidelines that caused major crashes.
Lots of issues - Motorola Qm/c could not do simple Copy & Paste, yet Samsung implemented this on their own with a competing qwerty device.

Android is this decades Symbian. I don't see any difference in the platforms other than the hardware introduced:
Java, Ruby, Python support with many applications with low level support.

iOS works very similar to a micro-kernel with regards to networking. Apple was not screwing around when they purpased Next - and Next wasn't screwing around doing things that Apple/Jobs missed with Xerox Parc visit. Let the system manage network connections, create universal API's that applications can use without having to rewrite the apps!!
The SPEED of which developers can create powerful yet simplistic applications, along with GAMES is ASTOUNDING! and RECORD BREAKING! No other platform has an SDK that can match! A button is a button, a text box is a text box, etc etc - its all universal, why should the developer NEED to right code to make this crap? They just need to see the box and tweak existing code.

Don't kid yourself that because iOS is a closed-ended system that its less powerful than Windows/Symbian/Android. Slow moves with profound changes that do NOT break. ICS slow slow update ... drivers, chipset support, providers, application compatibility, etc.
|AppleTV2|iPhone 12Mini 256GB|iPad Pro 256GB| Previously ... K750|Z500|Z520|K700|K790i|K850i, :Ericsson: T18z|T28World|T36m x3|T68m (Ericsson, not the rebranded T68i).
ok1907
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
PM
Posted: 2012-08-13 22:02
Iphone is not triyng to be a smartphone. Sure it does well the things it can do but its capabilities are very limited. As a smartphone, it's not as smart as high end android phones. Ios on Galaxy S2 would operate much faster but it'd kill the smartness of s2. An s2 with Jelly Bean installed will be as fast as 4s. Now think about s3.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi