Esato

Forum > Manufacturer Discussion > Apple > Apple copied Sony for its Iphone design

Previous  1234  Next
Author Apple copied Sony for its Iphone design
emporium
Sony Xperia V
PM
Posted: 2012-07-27 11:01
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

[ This Message was edited by: emporium on 2012-12-22 18:19 ]
S4k1s
Sony Xperia Z5
PM
Posted: 2012-07-27 11:12

On 2012-07-27 09:05:17, razec wrote:
Sorry for that mate, I'm having colds due to the weather these days so I sometimes miss the point but anyway since your news already raised the eyebrows of us here, then take a look at this:

Apple Patents Game Controller and remote
[ This Message was edited by: razec on 2012-07-27 08:08 ]

I just looked thru the patent PDF and it seems they patented the use of NFC and RFID communication for a multi remote. WTF???
Tigon
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2012-07-27 12:34
Another interesting article...

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13924_3-20020535-64.html
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2012-07-27 13:20
I sit in wonderment at Sony's top end lappies. They're not just something pretty to look at, they always pack an almighty punch.
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2012-07-27 15:09
Apple needs to do the this since it loves slapping on SONY logo on its "inspired creations" so much.

And "inspired" or copied doesn't really matter. The fact is what Apple have done is wrong. It is not right/ethical to try to emulate another brand's design philosophy and use a trademark copyrighted logo in an internal design mock up with no permission whatsoever.

I hope Apple don't sue me for the above though. LOL
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2012-07-27 14:15 ]
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2012-07-27 15:11

On 2012-07-27 11:01:29, emporium wrote:
Apple didn't copy Sony, their designers done what they think Sony's would do. There is article on gsmarena.

Exactly.
Even from the article posted in the 1st post here that is pretty evident, but hey, this is Esato so we will say they copied
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
jack00
T650 Black
PM
Posted: 2012-07-27 16:45

On 2012-07-27 15:09:24, randomuser wrote:

And "inspired" or copied doesn't really matter. The fact is what Apple have done is wrong. It is not right/ethical to try to emulate another brand's design philosophy and use a trademark copyrighted logo in an internal design mock up with no permission whatsoever.

design processes are pretty fragile. you are always trying to dissect the competition, thats done at all companies world wide. internal presentations are never meant for public, simply because they are raw(no marketing bla) and very human.
these days its pretty common that your client wants his product to look like the one of "company x". of course its up to the designer how he deals with this request. words alone don't always help here, putting logos on prototype models can often prove some points. so take a rest
you are only proving that apple is really hurting themself here, because the general public won't understand a design process
[ This Message was edited by: jack00 on 2012-07-27 15:47 ]
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2012-07-27 17:42
Well its pretty clear Apple wouldn't survive without Sony. As most of Apple is just a Sony rip off !!!. No wonder they continue to do this even today. Copying the Sony dualshock controller being the latest example.

Why else would Apple top guy sneak in Sony's booth at CES ?

What a shame !
jack00
T650 Black
PM
Posted: 2012-07-27 18:49

On 2012-07-27 17:42:25, randomuser wrote:
Well its pretty clear Apple wouldn't survive without Sony. As most of Apple is just a Sony rip off !!!. No wonder they continue to do this even today.

thats why sony is the current industry leader right ? oh wait,....

Copying the Sony dualshock controller being the latest example.

its a patent drawing, using schematic symbols (the final product may not even use a controller at all)
the drawings are only explaining

Why else would Apple top guy sneak in Sony's booth at CES ?

thats what tradeshows are there for
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpPNVSQmR5c

Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2012-07-27 19:31
I don't like Apple, I never had a problem with them until they went on their reckless litigation spree, but to say they wouldn't be around if it wasn't for Sony is stretching it quite a bit.

Like it was pointed out, they (Apple) idolised Sony and took inspiration from them.

I remember when phones looked a lot like each other, ie, a screen with numerical plus alphabetical keypad. The only difference was the name of the manufacturer.

Why didn't we then cry foul?

Heck, LCD televisions look like they were manufactured by one manufacturer.

If only Apple could stop suing everybody else for silly patents.
It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
smclion102
T610
PM
Posted: 2012-07-27 20:19
SONY FTW
Apple Copy Cat
worf1000
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-07-27 20:59

On 2012-07-27 15:09:24, randomuser wrote:
Apple needs to do the this since it loves slapping on SONY logo on its "inspired creations" so much.

I hope Apple don't sue me for the above though. LOL

Samsung try to get Sony in the picture because they are frustrated and have no single clue how to defend this shit.
First said Samsung (we have build this in protype device) and now they said Apple use Sony design, what te hell Samsung?

I hope Apple take you down crappy crapsung the biggest copycat in the world.
worf1000
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-07-27 21:06

On 2012-07-27 19:31:55, Dups! wrote:
I don't like Apple, I never had a problem with them until they went on their reckless litigation spree, but to say they wouldn't be around if it wasn't for Sony is stretching it quite a bit.

Like it was pointed out, they (Apple) idolised Sony and took inspiration from them.

I remember when phones looked a lot like each other, ie, a screen with numerical plus alphabetical keypad. The only difference was the name of the manufacturer.

Why didn't we then cry foul?

Heck, LCD televisions look like they were manufactured by one manufacturer.

If only Apple could stop suing everybody else for silly patents.

You know that Samsung have all technology have copied from other from Ericsson (3G) Ram modules from (Rambus) and LCD Oled from Sony/Phillips/Sharp and Panasonic copied from them? What about the CPU architecture? where get they from hmmm ?

What about the government support that Samsung get the last 10 year?
I tell you folks, there is something very wrong about Samsung suddenly they have many patents who was stolen.
Somebody have to watch Samsung very closely.

Samsung was never a innovation tech company, they only use tech from other and try it get better with no success.
korbindallis
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2012-07-27 21:35
I always loved Sony design
I guess I was not the only one
every one at Apple did too lol
[addsig]
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2012-07-27 22:29
I'm not defending Samsung here but words like Samsung is the biggest copycat in the world sounds too sensational to me, prior to Apple's entrance on the mobile phone market the Korean giant were very bold and innovative. I know most of the "young" new members here didn't have the chance to experience phones that are the "trendy" 5-6 years ago but to refresh everyone's memory here

just take a look at these things:

God, I missed those days, while it's true that those designs are rather unconventional, at least we see Samsung as a company that "thinks", In this post-iPhone-1st-gen time, mobile companies lacked the creativity they used to, and yes even Sony lacked the aggressiveness they used to as well. All smartphones of today are nothing but a thin slab of plastic/metal with screen at the front and camera at the back. I'm an advocate of design innovation but these days I can't see it thanks to Apple.
[ This Message was edited by: razec on 2012-07-27 21:34 ]
10 years at Esato
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi