Forum > Manufacturer Discussion > Samsung > Nokia 808 Pureview Vs Dslr's

Previous  12
Author Nokia 808 Pureview Vs Dslr's
djin
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2012-06-19 16:03
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Garulhos does have a point here tho. Sony/se has been lagging behind in terms of pic quality and video quality from a long time. There were times before when even a mid end phone from se would get much better pictures than Nokia. Now they are regarded as one of the better ones but not the best for a mobile camera. I am not talking here about sensors or what what Sony is capable of, but what they have done with the mobiles. However I am highly optimistic about the next gen exmor r and what they would do with their phones. It's time they focus more on multimedia aspects too.
Xperia T + N 96

R.I.P Desire
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2012-06-19 16:24

On 2012-06-19 16:03:33, djin wrote:
Garulhos does have a point here tho. Sony/se has been lagging behind in terms of pic quality and video quality from a long time. There were times before when even a mid end phone from se would get much better pictures than Nokia. Now they are regarded as one of the better ones but not the best for a mobile camera. I am not talking here about sensors or what what Sony is capable of, but what they have done with the mobiles. However I am highly optimistic about the next gen exmor r and what they would do with their phones. It's time they focus more on multimedia aspects too.

I do understand that Sony sensor-equipped smartphones are now perhaps average in image quality but I do remember that the topic subject is comparing 808PV to a DSLR and he claimed that 808PV surpassed the A850 DSLR which is in my very humble and objective opinion is ridiculous beyond comprehension. 808PV is first and foremost a Mobile phone that happens to have phenomenal P&S capabilities but what's funny was that 808PV was priced almost $700 which is even more expensive than the current price of Xperia S which outperforms the PV in virtually everything as a Smartphone. Xperia S can do alot of things that a 808PV can't and for that price I'd get myself a Nikon D3200 or Sony NEXF3 and get astonishing images and unleash the photography-loving side of me if I really wanted professional-scale image quality.
[ This Message was edited by: razec on 2012-06-19 15:26 ]
10 years at Esato
rikken
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2012-06-19 16:39
Move this shit to the Nokia tread please
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi