Esato

Forum > Manufacturer Discussion > Nokia > Nokia 808 PureView Thread And Discussion

Previous  123 ... 92 939495  Next
Author Nokia 808 PureView Thread And Discussion
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2015-06-16 14:20
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Yep, no mobile phone maker has made a Camera that beats the 808 PureViews, nobody ever asks the reason though, but then again I guess it is obvious:

They could not be bothered.

Apple and Samsung could very easily get something developed that whipes the floor with the 808 camera, but they don't seem to be interested, why? Probably due to profit yields.

The 808 PureView will probably be the "King of Cameraphones" for the next couple of years, nobody seems to really care for that title at the moment.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max White Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
emerson_shei
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2015-06-16 18:17

On 2015-06-16 14:20:40, Tsepz_GP wrote:
Yep, no mobile phone maker has made a Camera that beats the 808 PureViews, nobody ever asks the reason though, but then again I guess it is obvious:

Apple and Samsung could very easily get something developed that whipes the floor with the 808 camera, but they don't seem to be interested, why? Probably due to profit yields.

The 808 PureView will probably be the "King of Cameraphones" for the next couple of years, nobody seems to really care for that title at the moment.

That placing immature and full of spite !

One thing has nothing to do with the other, if manufacturers had or had no interest in doing something superior than 808, it does not matter, what matters is that they did not !!

The real value is that Nokia has created a technological case on the photo and toasted his client with a technology far ahead of his time and that no other in the world did !!!

808 PureView was and still is a revolutionary product and should be remembered and hailed quite like it comes year after year and no one comes close to or exceeds its quality !!!!
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2015-06-16 19:17

On 2015-06-16 18:17:13, emerson_shei wrote:

On 2015-06-16 14:20:40, Tsepz_GP wrote:

That placing immature and full of spite !

One thing has nothing to do with the other, if manufacturers had or had no interest in doing something superior than 808, it does not matter, what matters is that they did not !!

The real value is that Nokia has created a technological case on the photo and toasted his client with a technology far ahead of his time and that no other in the world did !!!

808 PureView was and still is a revolutionary product and should be remembered and hailed quite like it comes year after year and no one comes close to or exceeds its quality !!!!

Eh? Immature and spite? What are you on about and what's with all the shouting?

Nobody disagrees with the fact that the 808 is the best camera phone and will be probably for a while.
The fact is that nobody could be bothered to try compete with it, Apple and Samsung could easily invest a ton of money and build some thing far ahead but they choose to chase profit more than anything else.

It's a fact. No phone maker, at least in the top 5 right now will bother, the 808 will retain its title as its title brings no profit therefore is useless to them. They will rather focus on 'Selfies' and all that crap as that's what sells.

So my point still stands, 808 is a great camera phone, the "King of Cameraphones", well done to Nokia, but in the bigger picture? Nobody really cares.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max White Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
cu015170
Nokia 808 PureView
PM
Posted: 2015-06-16 19:36
The 808 is one of those rare cases where an over-engineered product gets approved for mass production.. its very cool that it happened but the difference in IQ between the 808 and the rest of the field is smaller than ever and it will continue to shrink until its all gone.. maybe sooner than we think.

The problem is that most people care about form over function, and in this case the technology doesn't allow for both to exist at the same time.

A proper camera requires room for a big sensor, xenon (capacitors and all), and a corresponding lens which brings the thickness of the phone to "unacceptable" levels.

Apple decided that thinness comes above camera/battery performance and the whole industry followed them down that path.

Microsoft must have something in the works to replace the 1020.. I can't imagine they threw all that R&D to waste..

Nokia's engineers were talking 80+ Mpix sensors in 2013 .. so there has to be something in the works unless Microsoft killed the whole program.
G3ORGE
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2015-07-03 19:51

On 2015-06-16 19:36:16, cu015170 wrote:
The 808 is one of those rare cases where an over-engineered product gets approved for mass production.. its very cool that it happened but the difference in IQ between the 808 and the rest of the field is smaller than ever and it will continue to shrink until its all gone.. maybe sooner than we think.

The problem is that most people care about form over function, and in this case the technology doesn't allow for both to exist at the same time.

A proper camera requires room for a big sensor, xenon (capacitors and all), and a corresponding lens which brings the thickness of the phone to "unacceptable" levels.

Apple decided that thinness comes above camera/battery performance and the whole industry followed them down that path.

Microsoft must have something in the works to replace the 1020.. I can't imagine they threw all that R&D to waste..

Nokia's engineers were talking 80+ Mpix sensors in 2013 .. so there has to be something in the works unless Microsoft killed the whole program.

Even though phones such as Note 4 are close to 808 now, at 100% they are still nowhere near 808's Foveon like smoothness and they have a lot of artificiality to them.

Modern phones feel like modern cars, they use 4 cylinder engines, but then use turbos and all the other trickery to get the performance out of them. 808 is the good old naturally aspirated V10, there is no artificiality to it, it's pure sensor and lens power.

It's going to take 4-5 years for flagship phones to beat 808, and even then, they probably won't have the Foveon look.
emerson_shei
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2015-07-05 08:30
Post no. 1250: Time-Out

http://smartcam.club/node/3308
fbloise
Nokia 808 PureView
PM, WWW
Posted: 2015-07-07 10:10
Used a Lumia 830 then a Lumia 930 for like a week each.

Long story short: back to 808. Unless they can come up with a better camera, I won't be swapping my 808. Also that yellowish hue in all my Lumias. FFS Microsoft, the world is not yellow and saturated!
"Haters are just confused Admirers" My Website
Foro.DO Facebook Group at http://www.facebook.com/groups/esato/

BBM: 2B5E52DF
mlife
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2015-07-11 16:52
Hi all.. I'm hoping someone can help me out here.... I wanted to make a "fresh start" with my 808 so I did a full back up to the micro sd and then restored the phone to factory defaults. Now it seems it won't restore my back up from the sd card. I don't so much care about the contacts, calendar and other info so much as I do the apps I had previously downloaded. Is there any way / ANY WHERE that I can get .sis files for my 808 such as motion recorder, Nokia radio and camera pro?

thanks for any help you can offer....
[ This Message was edited by: mlife on 2015-07-11 16:15 ]
[addsig]
cu015170
Nokia 808 PureView
PM
Posted: 2015-07-16 01:13
^ mlife try applist

http://applist.schumi1331.de/

fbloise
Nokia 808 PureView
PM, WWW
Posted: 2015-07-26 00:45
in a BBQ today, wow, so many good photos I was able to take with the 808... all other phones were like not that good and everybody amazed asking "what phone is that?"... 3 years still going strong.

cu015170
Nokia 808 PureView
PM
Posted: 2015-07-27 08:26
Did you use the flash at all ? From all the rumors it seems like the new Lumia will only have an LED flash, which is a bummer..

I find the xenon flash extremely useful in all sorts of situations and I will really miss it if I finally decide to switch phones.

For example I took this with the sun behind the object and it still turned out amazing .. detail, exposure, colors.. an image such as this would be impossible with any other smartphone.

emerson_shei
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2015-10-19 19:10
Camera Head To Head: 808 PureView Vs Lumia 1020 PureView Vs Lumia 930 PureView Vs Xperia Z5 Vs iPhone 6s

http://www.allaboutsymbian.co[....]ng_the_Z5_into_the_mix_Cam.php

P.S: 808 PureView was the big loser in this comparison

What is the credibility of a comparative like this ? Answer: ZERO
emerson_shei
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2015-11-23 07:00
Smartphone Camera Quality: (Explained)

http://mynokiablog.com/2015/1[....]ins-smartphone-camera-quality/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldS_yHnZMDs
[ This Message was edited by: emerson_shei on 2015-11-23 06:10 ]
emerson_shei
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2016-02-01 01:40
DxOMark ? We Need a Real World 'Mark' For Smartphone Photography - 'RealMark', Anyone

http://www.allaboutsymbian.co[....]ark_We_need_a_real_world_M.php
fbloise
Nokia 808 PureView
PM, WWW
Posted: 2016-02-11 11:37
I had the opportunity to take my 808 with me for holiday season, along with a Xperia Z5.

The 808 photos as usual, awesome. The Z5? not so good. Ended up selling it and getting a Galaxy S6 Edge.

I will post them later.

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 92 939495  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic