Esato

Forum > Manufacturer Discussion > Apple > Feels like cheating on an old girl friend.

Previous  1234  Next
Author Feels like cheating on an old girl friend.
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2012-06-14 23:36
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Neh I don't miss android its kidsplay stuff (Live wallpaper... who needs that )
An "Apple" a day keeps the Doctor at Bay!
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-06-14 23:47
Kidsplay?? Live wallpapers is just an extra feature you can do it's not all Android is. Apple OS is too restricted
Phone?? What phone??
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2012-06-15 05:27
The Only thing I see where Apple merely disapoints is Flash Player its unsupported on iDevices.
but a little bird tells me that flash is ceasing in the longrun anyway

Android phones they can download MP3's straight from Google
but Apple relys on the iTunes and APP Store, Items available from Googles market for those androids
are generally free but iPhone has free stuff too both slightly the same overall but iPhone is more mature
hihihans
HTC One
PM
Posted: 2012-06-15 23:01
wPhone has no flash either and that hurts more as I expected. Html5 is growing but it goes so slow
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2012-06-16 00:58
The Flash Player/HTML5 story has been a funny one. I've watched iOS fans claim they don't need it then backtrack.
I used my mum's iPhone the other day quite extensively and i was shocked at just how many wdbsites aren't using HTML5, many are still using Flash, made me really appreciate my Androids as i never have to worry about such little things when browsing on any of them, all support HTML5 AND Flash Player11, all i do is click to watch a video not caring what format it is, on the iPhone and iPad you are presented with blank spaces in a page.

Another thing, lack of Bluetooth file transfer in iOS is shockingly inconvenient. If i record a video thats large e.g. a 15min video at HD720P i cant just send it to the iPhone, i have to go to a PC or upload that huge vid to a file sharing service...like WTF!? Whereas with my X10, GS2 and Galaxy Tab10.1 i can share the video, document, pic etc... amongst them in seconds.

Having to use iTunes just to load music -_- like really??? If you want to go to another PC you must make sure it has iTunes installed.

No setting default apps in iOS, i feel like im using a "dumb"phone again due to this, in Android i can set a 3rd party that i like to be the default for web browsing, SMS, Camera, Calls, Launcher, etc...

I could go on for days on what iOS lacks next to Android, its why i'd rather have some knock-off eg a Huawei than buy a glorified iPod Touch that phones aka iPhone, but thats me.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max White Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
rikken
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2012-06-16 10:22
+1 and no File Manager or Expendable Memory
hihihans
HTC One
PM
Posted: 2012-06-16 11:16
yep. So inconvinient
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-06-16 13:06
And why do Apple insist on the only way to first time turn on an iPhone you have to plug into iTunes?? Why can't you just turn it on?? ITunes has to be the worst software along with Zune ever. ITunes always crashes on Windows.
Phone?? What phone??
djin
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2012-06-16 16:17
Even though we all love to bash ios, it does somethings alot better than android. It has great accessibility features, simple and easy to use ui, etc. For whom its targeted at, It does perfectly what it is supposed to do! Its targeted users are people who have always found a smart phone to be smart. Hence, its a revolutionary smart phone made dumb. So people can cope up with it. Thats why it lacks anything such as file manager that can be challenging people. But truth to be told, android lacks file manager too.

For me its android(earlier symbian), But for my parents, its an iphone. I havent used 4.0 very much, but i believe you cannot even increase the size of fonts in that too, its too tiny. There are some reasons why I hate android and love iphone, but many more reasons why I love android more.

As for windows phone, its like ios, but you gotta use zune instead of itunes. Oh and any technological advancements made is useless until it supports it.
Xperia T + N 96

R.I.P Desire
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2012-06-16 17:00
Bono
Wait, the iPhone still requires iTunes at 1st boot???
I know the iPads dont need that as i helped two of my mates setup their iPad2s in december.

Djin
I guess it depends what Android you buy WRT file manager, as the Samsung Galaxy phones come with one built-in, known as My Files.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max White Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
titus1
C901 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-06-16 18:10
I'm using both OS'es. An iPod Touch 4th Gen (yes, not an iPhone...but still)
When I do compare an app that were built on both OS..it really feels better on iOS. Better laid out so to speak. I'm still giving iOS an Ace on overall feel.
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2012-06-16 18:22
Both OS's rock.It all depends what floats your boat.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-06-16 19:23
I still prefer Windows over Android but right now there is not enough decent Windows devices around.
Phone?? What phone??
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2012-06-16 23:22
If you have iOS 5 then u don't need
To firstly setup to get the phone going
iPad or iPod touch etc

U can get going via WiFi

For huge updates the idevices will
Tell u to use Wifi and connect to iTunes

Bono which version of SW did ur old
iPhone have?! Lol
hihihans
HTC One
PM
Posted: 2012-06-16 23:41
Every OS has things missing and every OS had something to desire. Now I forgot what I was trying to say

My thoughts,
Android; most possibilities
iOS; best apps
wPhone; easiest to use
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi