Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Xperia P discussion thread

Previous  123 ... 171819 ... 363738  Next
Author Xperia P discussion thread
jplacson
Sony Xperia P
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-10-16 18:14
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

It was a short love. Noticed yesterday that the lower right corner of the screen was slightly recessed and when pushed it flexed a bit and made the colors of the screen shift at that part.

Nevertheless, I exchanged it today for another one. Haven't opened it yet and I have to wait until later today. Hope this one is better.

Have you applied the provided screen protector on your device or do you use it naked (just with the shatter proof sheet) ?

That sucks, but I know the feeling. My ray conked out on me twice... thankfully the second time was still under warranty. First time, the IC controller burned out. Second time, the Bluetooth and Wifi module on the MB died. It's in the shop now.

The Sony store applied the screen protector for me...although I think it's redundant to the shatterproof sheet already pre-applied by Sony... but hey, no harm right?

The battery is quite small for heavy users, but average users will benefit a lot from the White Magic display as well as the Extended Battery Mode. For those that use Wifi more than 3G data... the phone will last quite a bit.
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2012-10-16 18:27
I've got the latest ICS on mine but things like the dialer are slow and the Xperia live wallpaper is really slow. Really wish there was a fix for this, I don't want to go for custom ROMS yet because I really like the Xperia UI. My P is doing well nevertheless and I'm glad I got a silver one because its hard to see the scratches because the aluminium shell is silver unlike other Apple products, hope I don't get sued me for typing 'Apple'.
jibuti
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2012-10-16 19:12
actually you CAN get sued-that is only thing those people do!!!!

so....I always write Apfel....
why jibuti? work all day like slave...
Arne Anka
Sony Xperia P
PM
Posted: 2012-10-16 19:15

On 2012-10-16 18:08:03, RandomCarpet wrote:
I don't know whether the shatter proof sheet is scratch resistant...

The shatter proof sheet is not scratch resistant. The mineral glass in under is. The sheet is however replaceable (although it can be tough to get off), so I'm not sure if the protector they provide is supposed to be a replacement for the shatter proof sheet or is supposed to be applied above.

On my mini I had the screen protector applied on the display, but it looks a bit ugly since I failed to apply it on the first try. Beside little dust under the screen protector, after 2.5 years I haven't noticed any scratches (I carry it in a pouch on my belt). Therefore I'm not sure whether to put it on or not on my XP (it is a bit tedious to do it).
bronxdude
Sony Xperia Z5 Premium
PM
Posted: 2012-10-16 19:59
Arne Anka - congrats on joining the P club! LOL. hows the replacement?

jplacson - thanks for all the help. i dont tick the extended battery mode on as I always turn off my data thingy. haha!
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-10-16 22:15
Xperia P is not rare in UK I have seen it on O2,Three and in Carphone stores too. Online it's easy to get
Phone?? What phone??
jplacson
Sony Xperia P
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-10-17 04:15

On 2012-10-16 19:59:15, bronxdude wrote:
jplacson - thanks for all the help. i dont tick the extended battery mode on as I always turn off my data thingy. haha!

Ah, if data is off, battery life is quite excellent.

Best I got on my ray w/ data enabled was 12 hours. On the P w/ the same use, I got almost 24 hours.

Extremely heavy use on the P on wifi only, I get 15 hours.

MKV (1080p 5.1 encoded) movies really kill the phone at a max of 4.5 hours constant playback.
OffLineR
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2012-10-17 09:20
For the screen protectors I have a comment
Since Xperia X10 I remove that factory installed protector within weeks because it gets scratched and looks bad on sunlight.
And the screen under it never gets scratched. I have removed on my xRay as well and I'm going to remove it on my next Xperia

If you don't carry your phone with your keys on the same pocket(even than it doesn't get scratched easily) you don't need that.
[ This Message was edited by: OffLineR on 2012-10-17 08:27 ]
Forever !!!
jplacson
Sony Xperia P
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-10-17 09:48
@OfflineR thanks for the tips!

Oh, and since I had my X10 Mini Pro, I've always liked the idea of the corner shortcuts found on the Mini/Mini Pro series. I've been looking for a similar launcher for my ray and XP... finally found one.

It's called Arc Launcher. There's a free version and a paid (there's also a Lite version but I can't tell the diff from the Free one.)

Not an exact match to Sony's corner UI but close enough.
OffLineR
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2012-10-17 10:39
@jplacson
Which colour did you buy and why

BTW, I keep comparing these three: http://www.esato.com/phones/c[....]e.php?phone=942&cp=917&cp2=816 and still couldn't decide to whether update, wait or not update at all )
[ This Message was edited by: OffLineR on 2012-10-17 09:43 ]
Forever !!!
jplacson
Sony Xperia P
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-10-17 12:39

On 2012-10-17 10:39:22, OffLineR wrote:
@jplacson
Which colour did you buy and why

BTW, I keep comparing these three: http://www.esato.com/phones/c[....]e.php?phone=942&cp=917&cp2=816 and still couldn't decide to whether update, wait or not update at all )
[ This Message was edited by: OffLineR on 2012-10-17 09:43 ]

I shall refer you to my blog entry regarding my choice... hehehe

Nothing beats the ray for size and portability. What apps do you use, not just have, but actually use? Do you need data/3G on 24/7?
[ This Message was edited by: jplacson on 2012-10-17 11:41 ]
OffLineR
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2012-10-17 12:53
I have read your blog mate and I remember now why yo did choose silver one
I have checked P and Go today.

* Go has an awesome form factor but camera and sceen resoluiton are too low for my taste.
* P is bulky and Ray and Go looks much more stylish than P.
* From front silver P looks somehow odd. I wish bottom part was black as well.

I use all messaging programs(facebook, whatsapp, Sms) frequently. I surf on the web regularly.
So I need data 7/24.

I have used X10 before as I indicated. So it was difficult to get used to Ray's small screen but now I love it

I might consider buying black Xperia P or wait for the V, but probably V is going to too pricey compared to P.
Forever !!!
jplacson
Sony Xperia P
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-10-17 13:30
The P is less bulky than the X10.

It is bulkier than the ray, as are almost all the other phone on the market.

The Xperia U is another option if you're considering the Go. But they are more entry-level models.

The Xperia P is currently the smallest mid-or-higher level smartphone on the market.
OffLineR
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2012-10-17 14:49
I need a last opinion about the colour.
What do you think of the black one?
I have used P900, P1i, White X10, Gold Ray so far.
Should I buy a black one or should I buy the silver one and replace the bottom part with black )
Forever !!!
jplacson
Sony Xperia P
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-10-17 16:20
Well, I'm fond of silver/black combo so the decision was easy.

So you know where I stand there. Hehehehe
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 171819 ... 363738  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic