Esato

Forum > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > farewell and goodbye - until the next life.

Previous  123 456 ... 141516  Next
Author farewell and goodbye - until the next life.
whizkidd
W950 Blue
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-02-27 11:26
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
^^^^

There's a strange feeling of "unity" when I see all these old faces (usernames rather) coming together, taking time out of their busy schedules to meet an old friend and wish him all the best.

This has made me choke and I am not the kind who gets easily emotional - but this, I will never forget.
T230 >> T610 >> Ngage QD >> N73 >> N85 >> Omnia HD >> And countless other review units
jcwhite_uk
Sony Xperia Z1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-02-27 11:31
I am not very good with words so all I will say is that you have been an inspiration to us all and will be missed.
Checkout my photos at My Website

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."
Sammy_boy
C510 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-02-27 12:21
Very true Scots, it's a shame that such sad news brought us all back together again, it is good to see a few blasts from the past in this thread, brought back some fond memories! Who knows, I might post in the odd thread again, be interesting to see what happens now it's Sony Mobile again - does this mean the site will have to be renamed Sato?

I'm not that good with words in these kinds of situations myself, hoping I've not written anything too stupid here.
"All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

Nanu
Sony CMD MZ5
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-02-27 12:41
You will always be remembered by everyone here, I wish your family all the best and that you go in peace, take it easy and thanks for all your help in the past.

A true sport...

Nanu
vineet_d
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2012-02-27 14:00

On 2012-02-27 11:26:15, whizkidd wrote:
^^^^

There's a strange feeling of "unity" when I see all these old faces (usernames rather) coming together, taking time out of their busy schedules to meet an old friend and wish him all the best.

This has made me choke and I am not the kind who gets easily emotional - but this, I will never forget.

Don't know what to say...It's just few week's back that I lost one of my family member due to this disease It's a horrible feeling.

This place will certainly not be the same as it was before without you masseur. We love you for everything that you have done for this community.
[ This Message was edited by: vineet_d on 2012-02-27 13:32 ]
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-02-27 14:20
Terrible news!!!!

There is nohing to add but I will always remember......

Great contribution.

I know it sounds bad but in the end we all end the same way......

GREETES FROM doministry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
a w a r e
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-02-27 15:11
For all the differences we have on our views at the end of the day it means nothing on a life. And masseur I am glad we made up and became friends after silly disagreements. Your a good guy
Phone?? What phone??
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2012-02-27 15:14
I feel sick reading this
But Masseur you have been a great
Person of Esato I'm going to miss you a lot
This whole site will never be the same without
You I hope you live out ur treasured days
Left and rest assured people all over the globe
Are thinking of you x
An "Apple" a day keeps the Doctor at Bay!
mrao
P1
PM
Posted: 2012-02-27 15:15
I used to be a regular at this forum, until a few years ago...still visit it, but mostly the garbage section...and have had my share of good times and not so good times on this board...i remember a particularly nasty flaming session i had with a co-member...and a pm from masseur...hehe...and i was truly amazed at how one man could have his eye on so many places and so many things at one time...respect...it did inspire me to work hard on my ability to multitask at work, and i must admit that it was probably one of the my greatest learnings online.
I received a text from whizzkid last night, and checked this thread..but could not think of anything worthwhile to say..probably because i was half asleep...and also probably because i just do not know what to say in situations as these..but today, while im fully alert, i salute you, mass, for your unflinchingly cool demeanour while moderating what i think is one of the most hectic forums that day..or this day..
All I can say, is that You were, are, and will always be, a much respected, and loved part, of Esato. I hope, and pray, that a miracle happen, and take this all away...and i hope, more strongly so, that you have all the happiness that is humanly possible, irrespective of the outcome. Thanks for everything that youve done.

[b] Still Shiny but not so n
[ This Message was edited by: mrao on 2012-02-27 14:20 ]
laffen
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
PM
Posted: 2012-02-27 16:23
This is sad and shocking news. I have been waking among mobile phones here in Barcelona the entire day and was not aware of this until now. I do not know what to day say apart from that I feel a terrible loss right now. Not because I have lost the best moderator (sorry tranced) of all time here at Esato, but because you have been a large part of my life for the last 5-6 years. Both personal and "professional" matters was something that I could share with you and you always replied back with good answers to my concerns.

To me, you have been a person I could trust with everything. Even without meeting you in person I feel I know you very well.

bye masseur
[ This Message was edited by: laffen on 2012-02-27 20:59 ]
tranced
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2012-02-27 16:33
You don't need to be sorry about me. I know he's the greatest mod ever.
I jay0726 | (+3, 0) | Clara, Evita, Mimmi & Victoria | My Pics | Do your job!
Oogamous
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2012-02-27 17:01
Have been a part of many forums over the years. None as friendly, informative and divinely moderated like this one.

You have set the benchmark for how wisdom can be imparted on a large forum. You have set the benchmark for how moderation should be done.

May you have a great afterlife.

Subtly inspired by you on so many levels,

-Oog.
[ This Message was edited by: Oogamous on 2012-02-27 18:17 ]
Sony all the way
dude_se
K750
PM
Posted: 2012-02-27 17:51
ill be honest and say at first i thought he was a bit obsessed with power, always there hiding in the shadows to catch out wrong do-ers. then the more i saw him posting around i actually realised he was a pretty cool guy, and a top notch mod. he has been around for as long as i can remember, and is always bang on with his posts and his moderation skills.

just like a few others ive not been around much, but thought it was only fair that i made a post. its the least i can do after masseurs hard work here making this forum great. this was the first forum i was properly active on and had many good years posting here.

all i can really say now is youve done a great job here at esato and i wish you all the best. make sure you go out with a bang and have some fun
10 +'ve feedback's, 0 -'ves
---------------------------
Del
Sony Xperia Z1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-02-27 18:12
I can't believe the news, I'm so sorry for you and your family mass mate.

I hope you have some time left to fullfill some last good times with your family and friends.

Goodbye mate
Brought to you straight from the event horizon of a quantum singularity.
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2012-02-27 18:23
Ive been reading all these comments on here this past 24 hours and could only just now bring myself to add my own words. Even though i dont know Masseur personally ive been around on this site since mid 2003 (under a different name). I always found Masseur to be very welcoming, professional, fair and honest. I never really had him tell me off via pm, but he would often send me a little joke about rather heated discussions going on, something i'll miss as much as i will him. We often disagreed about many things but never took it further than that, which is rare to find on a forum. And to be honest, without him on this forum i think it will be a much more boring place to be.

Im really sad to think of what he must be going through at this time in his life. Its a horrible place to be, one which ive never been in but have with close family members. Fate yet again, if you believe in it, has decided to go after one of the good guys in life. I wont speak of Masseur as though hes not here with us anymore, simply because i dont like saying goodbye to people and i dont like giving up hope.

My aunt was in the same situation a few years ago. She was 99 years of age and when we were told she wouldnt see her 100th birthday our entire family was devastated. She only had 6 months to go too, but we were told her terminal cancer would end her life within a month. Happily, almost 7 years later we were celebrating her life as she passed away aged 106 years of age - what the hell do doctors know anyway.

So hold in there Masseur me old pal, take from life as much as you can and good luck with whatever the future may bring you and your family.

Cheers dude.

(PS - still hate Apple !)
[ This Message was edited by: etaab on 2012-02-27 17:24 ]
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 456 ... 141516  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic