Author Apple To Sue Kodak
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2012-02-18 17:31
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2012-02-18 17:22:20, Bonovox wrote:
Ah I see interesting yes

so I guess you now have a wider understanding of these issues and don't feel the need to slag off Apple in every such topic? Everyone is protecting their interests, some more publicly and more in the media eye than others... not that I agree with each and every case but these patents are being granted at more and more granular level and by default, thats the level they have to be protected
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2012-02-18 20:49
@ Masseur - i have to agree with adsada, i dont think Apple have any innvotion left in them moreso now they've lost Jobs. I dont think they'll be competing on this level in two years time unless they start bringing someone new to the market. A budget iPhone perhaps ? even the cheapest 4S is out of most peoples price range.

Just like Nokia, Apple have robbed the drop down notification area of Google's. The fact they did that indicates early on they're now conerned that their competitors have something they must adopt. Its an early sign.
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2012-02-18 20:57
um, no innovation? did you not read anything about Mountain Lion this week?

I'm definitely no Mac enthusiast, never have been except for neccessity of having a very old old macbook to do iOS developement on, but even this weeks revelations now make me consider seriously changing from Vaios that I have bought since Vaios first came out more than 10 years ago

Mountain Lion increases the whole ecosystem which for me has been what has made iOS/iTunes so useable, and this now makes their stuff so much more seamless that even I am starting to doubt my own prejudices and take that final leap
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2012-02-18 22:34
Well less than two hours ago my N8 bricked so i might just be joining the Apple army soon.

To be honest, i saw that video and it made me think the same. Tablet operating systems are coming close to replacing laptop operating systems. Windows 8 looks more like Windows phone than Windows 7.

Not sure thats really a bad thing, but im not really into desktop touchscreen computers.
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
adsada
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2012-02-19 18:30

On 2012-02-18 20:57:29, masseur wrote:
um, no innovation? did you not read anything about Mountain Lion this week?

I'm definitely no Mac enthusiast, never have been except for neccessity of having a very old old macbook to do iOS developement on, but even this weeks revelations now make me consider seriously changing from Vaios that I have bought since Vaios first came out more than 10 years ago

Mountain Lion increases the whole ecosystem which for me has been what has made iOS/iTunes so useable, and this now makes their stuff so much more seamless that even I am starting to doubt my own prejudices and take that final leap

Yes innovation, lets shove our popular iOS into our failing OSX to try and boost sales! The hybrid they're trying to create is just stupid, its clear from Lion that the two can't really work well together, and now a short while later they're realising the next update Mountain Lion (and here I was thinking Apple were praised for their lack of fragmentation...) Yes in the post PC era I can see why it makes sense, but it really doesn't in Apple's way of doing business; on their hardware only. Its far more exciting to see Windows 8 and how this hybrid will compete in the market place. Its much more likely to succeed because Microsoft don't currently have any other OS for tablets (unlike Apple with their iPad) and also it will be able to run on a range of different third party hardware from desktop computers to tablets.

In Microsoft's case they have no other choice if they want to remain the top dogs in the market, but I think Apple should have left the two separate, developed iOS further and if this makes OSX obsolete then let it be so... Not that I think iOS has much of a future as far as marketshare goes, but its just Apple trying to control everything you do in their 'lovely' wall garden. I mean who needs a Mac Store? Too far.
A-D-S-A-D-A
Xperia S
Long live the legacy of the Xperia arc
Long live the legacy of the K850i
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi