Previous  123 ... 225226227 ... 318319320  Next
Author Sony Xperia Rumours 2012
djin
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2012-08-05 00:58
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@jesonk,

Many of us have been following this site for many years. From the time it was only to now more open forum. The present discussion regarding the screen for a rumored device belongs to a thread dedicated to discussion about rumored devices. These aren't really rants but more like demand that is expressed by each and everyone. Most of us here love Sony/Sony Ericsson/ Ericsson but, luckily many of us aren't blind. If Sony can be competitive, its good for them. Unfortunately, has been lagging behind in this department just like when they had hard time shifting front 65k to 16m color displays. That time too everyone were against 16m because Sony Ericsson didn't have, but now I bet none of you would prefer old 65k.

Btw If you really log in here only for rumours and not discussions then please check out the first page of this thread or xperiablog.
Xperia T + N 96

R.I.P Desire
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2012-08-05 05:53
@motovikt

I would chill down if you ask Mediar to stop posting his personal opinion/hate as FACTS !!!
He has been doing the same since a long time, first saying Sony Ericsson shipped more phones than Sony did this year and now saying Xperia Mint has poorer viewing angles than Xperia Pro.

If he can post such rubbish, then worf1000 isn't wrong posting either arguing with him.

Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-08-05 06:57

On 2012-08-03 19:39:11, smclion102 wrote:

On 2012-08-03 16:31:52, Dups! wrote:
BB10 has a huge potential! I felt that when I played with the Playbook before it was upgraded and have been following the developments of the OS closely.

I dare say it has the potential to be as good if not better than Android.

One thing is certain, I am getting a 'Bold' running on BB10 next year.

But Windows phone 8 is lot better than BB10..
Why do u feel its better or simillar to android ? care to explain?

Very hard to say. Know that every mobile or desktop OS has their own benefits and flaws.

Key strengths about BB10:
Full Exchange ActiveSync license and feature set support - yet per device cost; this is industry standard for all Exchange accounts and every use - gmail uses something very similar yet not exact hence no license needs to be paid.

10'000 active connections simultaneously too each exchange server.

MDS allows for compression behind RIMs firewalls : this means incredible secure (3x 3DS encryption) compression, huge data savings for corporations and end users!! Think of how much data it costs to download full emails & attachments for 100 emails!

An OS with huge ties already in the automotive and home control industry. Only Aplle is making a huge push in 2013 to change things. This is way beyond NFC.
|AppleTV2|iPhone 12Mini 256GB|iPad Pro 256GB| Previously ... K750|Z500|Z520|K700|K790i|K850i, :Ericsson: T18z|T28World|T36m x3|T68m (Ericsson, not the rebranded T68i).
NoTnERb
Xperia X10 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-08-05 06:59
honestly, this thread has become beyond ignorant and childish. I'm baffled by how this thread is not being moderated, and I've PMd the moderators too. piss poor job to be quite frank.

after two weeks of inactivity here due to the fanboy rants and pointless arguments, I come back to the same rants and arguments. And here I was thinking this was a rumors thread. to anybody who only wants to hear about rumors and non of these non sense I suggest you head on over to the Xperia S general thread over at XDA. Where people actually stick to the topic and mods actually moderate the thread. I feel bad for ricky D, he actually did a pretty good job but all these nonsensical posts have, imho, destroyed this thread. and I've been a part of this forum for a long while now, sad to see it go downhill.
[ This Message was edited by: NoTnERb on 2012-08-05 06:00 ]
smclion102
T610
PM
Posted: 2012-08-05 07:01
STFU SONY HATERS.
this is SONY RUMOURS FORUM not a Fight Club.Stop Crying stop complaining no SONY TOP Employe uses this forum.
If you really want sony to hear your voice stand outside SONY HQ and do a Protest over there only then SONY will Listen your Voice or you will endup in Jail.

@mediar
I am not sure why you have been so rude to sony and its fans.couple of comments is fine but you have just made a record of bashing sony and its fans. I guess you deserve a Gold medal [Esato olympics]
We love sony and we wont take this crap comments abt sony.I understand u where expecting a lot from sony and they coudnt deliver according to you.Stop crying like a girl. Move on to other brands. When sony makes better phone switch back.Take your Hate comment to actual sony forum where sony employee see it.nobody can help you over here.
If u please calm down it will be better for all over here.
If u start off with your bashing once again then we will assume you have health issue.Enough is enough my friend.Take a chill pill.
Xajel
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2012-08-05 08:25
Please guys, return to the main topic (Rumours) this thread becomes so annoying and useless in these last pages...

If you have discussions regarding which technology is better then open a new topic and don't ruin this one...

I bet there's a lot of peoples here don't know to which point we reached because all of these Off-Topics... can some one please re-post the sum of all info we have now ?
Raydemort
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2012-08-05 09:06
Ricky D updates the first post in this thread with the latest information, if anyone wants to catch up on all the interesting stuff, that's the first place to look.
worf1000
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-08-05 10:06
Lets talk about rumors and not bla bla quad core better or bad screen because of viewing angles those has noting to do with this topic.

On 2011-12-26 10:34:27, Ricky D wrote:
Note to all: work is in progress, expect improvements here all year round. If any info is missing, large or small, PM me or write it up in the thread and I'll insert it appropriately. Should wish to make any info public anonymously PM me also.

Suggestions for layout/design? Tell me!

Welcome to the Sony/Sony Ericsson rumours 2012

This year we know Sony and Ericsson are ending their joint venture and the Sony Ericsson brand will be phased out which means hopefully a bumper year for rumours, devices and overall excitement.

Rumours / News
Handset Rumours
Accessory Rumours
Announcements
Upcoming Announcements
Interviews
Misc

Rumours / News

3rd Aug - Xperia Masona appears on various UK e-tailers for ~£200 (page 229)
3rd Aug - LT30 to be named Xperia T (page 229)
26h Jul - a Mint LT30p preview articles start to appear with photos (page 214)
23rd Jul - LT30p pops up on nenamark with a healthy score of 60.10 and 1.5GHz with adreno 225, confirms 720p screen (page 211)
6th Jul - New rumours on hayabusa and mint (page 199)
13th Jun - Xperia Miro announced via facebook
8th Jun - "Nice surprise" coming next week
30th May - Xperia Arco S and Xperia Go waterproof handsets announced
9th May - Xperia GX and Xperia SX for the Japan only handsets announced and point towards the specs for world releases later in the year (http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=203113&start=1800)
5th May - Whispers from xda say Hayabusa to have plastic body and chrome highlighted edging, mint to have aluminium, announcment due 19th June (page 118)
27th Apr - Xperia SX details rumoured (page 109)
26th Apr - Host of LT29i Hayabusa rumours coming through including a spyshot (page 107).
24th Apr - Announcement invitations sent out for May 2nd Press Day (page 106)
23rd Mar - We can expect a all new qwerty sometime this year (page 92)
20th Mar - announcement of Xperia Neo L, specs look like the Xperia Play but in a slimmer body without the slide out controls, announcement suggests it's an emerging market handset (page92)
13th Mar - Xperia Sola MT27i announced sporting new 'floating touch' technology (press release)
10th Mar - MT27i Pepper appears in Sony China site but is swiftly removed (page 84)
26th Feb - Xperia P and Xperia U announced as rumoured at MWC12
20th Feb - A whole bunch of leaked images of what seems to be Xperia U/kumquat/ST25i (page 64)
19th Feb - Sony WhiteMagic screens rumoured to be included on upcoming Xperia P. This means brighter screens and better battery performance
10th Feb - leaked picture of an unannounced mini handset (page 59)
4th Feb - "Xperia Sola" trademark gets filed by Sony
31st Jan - Xperia P appears alongside LT22i in Indian FCC equivalent documents
26th Jan - EU regulatory boards approve Son's buyout of Ericsson's share of Sony Ericsson, all this year's phones will be 'Sony' branded
18th Jan - This years's price/release roadmap of devices leaks (page 47)
16th Jan - An image appeared in Sweden of what appears to be 3-4 new devices, supposedly LT29i, Nypon, global version of Ion (page 45)
9th Jan - All the new handsets this year will carry the Sony logo NOT Sony Ericsson /
8th Jan - Nozomi leaked as Xperia S and another device to be named Xperia Ion
8th Jan - Leaked pics of MT27i 'Pepper'
7th Jan - hint of a 'big boy' to appear at MWC NOT CES
6th Jan - Teasers from various public Sony and Sony Ericsson fronts suggest a Walkman Z mobile phone variant to come soon
6th Jan - More pics of LT26 appear this time with specs of 1.5GHz dual-core, 1GB RAM and Gingerbread (4.0 to come later) (page14)
5th Jan - Sony to revive an old sliding keyboard tablet design with updated specs (page 11)
30th Dec - "Xperia Ion" name appears in the US Trademark filings
30th Dec - Nozomi to have a 1 or 2 letter official name

Know more? Tell me!

Handset Rumours (in order of rumoured release)

Olive - - updated 18th Jan
  • €308
  • June release

Hayabusa - LT29i - updated 5th May
  • International release of Xperia GX
  • ~4.5" screen 720p
  • non-LTE version of Mint
  • 131 x 69 x 10.5 mm - 127g
  • 1GB RAM (but we wouldn't expect anything less)
  • 1.5GHz MSM8960 Snapdragon S4 28mm chip (or even the MSM8960 Pro)
  • 2nd Gen Exmor R 13MP with HDR and RGBW
  • Plastic body with chrome effect top and sides
  • ~€493
  • 19th June (CommunicAsia) announcement
  • July release
  • Pics 1

ST26i - updated 10th May
  • 4.0" qHD (seems big for an ST handset)
  • 1 ghz U8500
  • Android 4.0
  • 512MB RAM
  • 8GB internal memory
  • Could be Olive?

Lotus - - updated 18th Jan
  • €277
  • August release

Atlas - - updated 18th Jan
  • €293
  • September release

Mint - LT30 - Xperia T - updated 5th Aug
  • Qualcomm S4 MSM8960 1.5GHz
  • 1GB RAM
  • 129 x 68 x 09.0 mm - 140g
  • 13MP cam
  • 16GB internal
  • 4.6" screen
  • Aluminium body
  • €562
  • September release

Odin - Play 2 - updated: 31st Jan
  • Specs unknown

Xperia Duo - updated April 6th
  • Name is tradmarked but not used yet
  • Applied for trademark (again) by Sony Mobile (NOT SEMC) in March 2012, might just be held in reserve for future use or to help create rumours

Pureness II
  • Supposedly fixed battery
  • nothing else known
  • Probably cancelled

Tapioca - ST21 - Xperia Tipo and Xperia Tipo Dual announced 13th June
AFFM - ??? - Xperia miro - announced 13th June
??? - ??? - Xperia Arco S - announced 30th May
??? - ??? - Xperia Go - announced 30th May
Pepper - MT27i - Xperia Sola - announced 13th Mar
Nypon - LT22 - Xperia P - announced 26th Jan
Kumquat - ST28 - Xperia U - announced 26th Jan
Aoba - LT28at - Xperia Ion - announced 9th Jan
Nozomi - LT26i - Xperia S - Announced 9th Jan

Know more? Tell me!

Accessories Rumours

• A new watch for CES (source)
  • A new headset for CES

Know more? Tell me!

Announcements

Upcoming Announcements

• 29th August is the new new supposed date for hayabusa and mint

Know more? Tell me!

Interviews

• 28th FebSony Mobile and PS NOT working together on new phone. Playstation phone will come from PS department.
  • 18th JanBert Nordberg having a chat with CNN - he discusses among other things the Sony situation (page 49)

Know more? Tell me!

Misc

Know more? Tell me!
[ This Message was edited by: Ricky D on 2012-08-05 03:24 ]

[ This Message was edited by: worf1000 on 2012-08-05 09:08 ]
NightBlade
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2012-08-05 10:44
You really didn't need to quote the whole first page post.

Back on topic...
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2012-08-05 11:16
Just stumbled on a developer forum about the PSMobile SDK which uses mono (an open sourced .NET), the SDK is ver 0.9 so the final release is very close. I do hope PSMoble proves to be a better game platform than android itself. it's annoying that not all android games would run on an android device when Google itself told everyone that Android apps are cross platform, but now we have games that would only run specifically on a tegra or Snapdragon. that's one reason why iOS is miles ahead of Android in game development. hopefully the final release of PSM would solve this.

btw @randomuser, will gaikai be licensed to other brands or just for Sony itself?
[ This Message was edited by: razec on 2012-08-05 10:17 ]
10 years at Esato
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2012-08-05 11:44
^
I am not sure but from what little I've heard and my own guess, it will be exclusive to Sony.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-08-05 11:53
Looking forward to seeing the Mint. And just for the record I think Sony make amazing phone displays nicer and more natural than AMOLED.
Phone?? What phone??
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2012-08-05 12:11

On 2012-08-05 11:44:32, randomuser wrote:
^
I am not sure but from what little I've heard and my own guess, it will be exclusive to Sony.

I personally think it's a wise decision, as Sony needs to exercise all their strengths to compete in the aggressive smartphone market. having the ability to play very high quality game content on an Xperia/Bravia/PSVita will boost their image especially since PS4 is said to pack some serious punch in the HW and the game experience are expected to be miles better.

about the display issue everyone's arguing about, while it's true that was behind everyone on the 16M during those times, one must not forget that 's 65K and 256K displays are far superior than everything has to offer that time. just to refresh everyone's mind here and to prove that Sony was not "always" behind in the display department:

C905 (256K) vs N95 (16M)

W995 (256K, Regular LCD) vs Nokia N86 8mp (AMOLED 16M)

K850 (256K) vs Xperia X1 (65K )

C902 (256K) vs 6300 classic (16.7M)

W580 (256K) vs Samsung U600 (16M)

K770 (256K) vs 6120Classic (16M)

K660 vs 6300 -

some pictures credit to Amras here in esato

also Eldar commends displays during those times, stating that they're market's best. honestly If sony could bring Crystal LED on a mobile screen It will be better than using OLEDs, as CrystalLEDs have longer lifespan and warmer colors (perfect for movies and games) OLEDs are typically bluish
[ This Message was edited by: razec on 2012-08-05 11:56 ]
10 years at Esato
mediar
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-08-05 13:08
Yes, I agree that in the past SE phones used to have the best displays, but not any more. When I compare my Xperia Pro with my W910, the results are the same as in razec's first picture - N95 vs C905 ( W910 is C905 in this case ). Or, ok, not that bad, but Pro's display isn't any better than W910's. And it definitely even has worse viewing angles. So it's got worse.
[ This Message was edited by: mediar on 2012-08-05 12:09 ]
The best mobile phone brand died with Sony Ericsson's death. Shame on you Sony for killing it! And, of course, for ruining the Xperia brand...
Mediar's Site
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2012-08-05 13:34
^^ I think it has something to do with brightness mate: 16M mode gives more brightness than a regular 256K unit, and with LCD's science, more brightness = less contrast, if Sony would make their screens just bright enough and not too much, then I think they can be as good as the displays of the past. besides I'm pretty sure not everyone turns their display at full brightness as it would be suicidal to their eyes, my friend's Galaxy SII was too bright when in full brightness and he typically only use half of it.
10 years at Esato
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 225226227 ... 318319320  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic