Forum > General discussions > Rumours > Sony Xperia Rumours 2012

Previous  123 ... 198199200 ... 318319320  Next
Author Sony Xperia Rumours 2012
vivftp
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-07-15 11:15
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Well Playstation Mobile has reached the version 0.99 phase in the Beta stage, so it shouldn't be too much longer until it's officially launched with version 1.00. I know it's way too early to get excited about it, but if this thing takes off and develops a decent sized following, this could be Sonys ticket into their own OS on mobile devices instead of Android. It's not that I don't like Android, I have a Sony Tablet S and an x10a phone. It's just that if I had to choose whether to invest my money into Google or Sony mostly for games and a few apps, I'd MUCH rather toss my money at Sony.

worf1000
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-07-15 12:51

On 2012-07-15 09:59:49, aurelius wrote:

On 2012-07-15 03:49:39, worf1000 wrote:

On 2012-07-14 22:44:04, aurelius wrote:

On 2012-07-14 17:14:39, randomuser wrote:
^
Sorry to burst your bubble but designs since the past 2-3 years have been all Sony. Sony designers(yes SONY electronics designers not Sony Ericsson) were behind the X10, Arc, Ray, Neo,Satio you name it. The same team that designed the Vaio Z, Monolithic Bravia and other Sony gadgets. Which is why design = Sony design. There was no Ericsson design input since a long time.

Unknown13x said this when asked about the possible design theme change after Sony takeover.
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2012-07-14 16:27 ]

As I've said many times before; 2 of my best friends work at Sony Mobile in Lund, 1 in the R&D department and 1 in SW. They've been there since 2006. The design development is a joint venture and has been for many years. There's NOT one single department taking the design decisions, it goes back and forth between the departments in Lund, Tokyo and Beijing . They are still working the same way they did 5 yrs ago. I'm pretty sure we will see a movement to Tokyo and their influence will grow stronger the coming years but still, the guys in Lund are as much Sony employees as the guys over in Tokyo.

Sorry to burst YOUR bubble......

Edit: Stated UK, was supposed to be Beijing.
[ This Message was edited by: aurelius on 2012-07-14 21:51 ]

Those are SonyEricsson employee not from Sony, when Sony offical take over SonyEricsson than you can call Sony Employee. Second, this year they is all still SonyEricsson influence, there is also some Sony influence after thy take over Ericsson part.

SonyEricsson is not owned company from Sony, it's a company who called SonyEricsson and not Sony or Ericsson.

Also sorry to burst YOUR bubble.

There are hundreds of japanese SONY MOBILE employees in Lund! There are also hundreds of english/swedish SONY Mobile employees working in Tokyo and Beijing. It's not static you know!

They are all Sony employees, owned a 100% by Sony Corporation and transformed into Sony Mobile Comm. You guys in here really need to stop thinking that Sony's gonna make wonders just by owning a 100% stake share. That's not gonna happen, it's still the same people doing the developing! The good thing by having 100% is when taking desicions.

Are you agree that SonyEricsson is NOT a Sony Company, it give them some of it people FROM the company as Ericsson do.

Second, If Sony and Ericsson to fund a new company and each one will give them people, this means NOT that those people are working for Sony or Ericsson at that time but for SONYERICSSON!!!
[ This Message was edited by: worf1000 on 2012-07-15 11:53 ]
worf1000
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-07-15 12:56

On 2012-07-15 12:24:03, aurelius wrote:

On 2012-07-15 11:00:40, randomuser wrote:
^
+1000.

The 2012 design is gorgeous IMO. Just because a few people think otherwise, doesn't make them ugly!!. Every single person who has seen my Xperia S praises the design. And compared to any other phone out there, its gorgeous and classy!!.

And personally I think it looks better than the Arc.

And aurelius, yes there is gonna be big changes. Why ? Because Sony HAS to succeed in the mobile phone business. And Kaz Hirai has already taken a lot of major decisions towards achieving that. Why else would Sony decide to merge Sony Mobile into Sony consumer products/Sony electronics division if all this takeover means is faster decision making. Its much more than that. And you will see in the coming months the difference between Sony having 50% stake and Sony completely being in charge.
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2012-07-15 10:04 ]

Sony HAS to change! I agree!

HELLO!!!!!!!!!

Sony is only for a short time 100% owner, what do you expect to change.............they already change within the company dude don't be so naive that at ones every can change instantly.
Next year we will see that.
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2012-07-15 14:39
A lot of top level executives seem to be leaving Sony Mobile Communications. The latest in the list was Mr. P Balaji, MD, Sony Mobile India. He quit Sony Mobile and has joined Nokia. Many other top executives have left SMC in the past few weeks including Sony Mobile VP who joined Blackberry.

Seems like there is gonna be an all new top level management across the board at SMC. I also wonder why they quit the company.
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2012-07-15 13:40 ]
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-07-15 14:57
Here's how I see it.

SE was always treated as a troublesome teenage child by both parents Ericsson and Sony. Both parents made the mistake of giving the child too much freedom and too large a credit limit on their gold cards.

Sony won custody in the divorce, but it's not like the divorce snuck up on anyone, everyone could see the relationship had no future.

Now they're beating the child and investing into a worthy workhorse for daddy's company.

Like any such situation (I worked for my dad's company so I know) it will take time for what's left of the emotional wreck of a child to grow up, fit into the company and start performing.

So the kid will get a new suit, so what?

It all depends on how well whats left of the SE teams fit into Sony's plans. Both companies would have seen the SE split coming a couple of years ago and I wouldn't be surprised if the deal was struck behind closed doors as many as 3 or 4 years ago, hence why we hear about it being 'all Sony' in the background, but the fact is that Sony themselves are going through a mid-life crisis and so the one thing we can be sure of is that the future will be different.

We don't have to agree on the past, just agree to look forward to what's coming.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
worf1000
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-07-15 15:35

On 2012-07-15 13:26:17, aurelius wrote:

On 2012-07-15 12:56:02, worf1000 wrote:

On 2012-07-15 12:24:03, aurelius wrote:

On 2012-07-15 11:00:40, randomuser wrote:
^
+1000.

The 2012 design is gorgeous IMO. Just because a few people think otherwise, doesn't make them ugly!!. Every single person who has seen my Xperia S praises the design. And compared to any other phone out there, its gorgeous and classy!!.

And personally I think it looks better than the Arc.

And aurelius, yes there is gonna be big changes. Why ? Because Sony HAS to succeed in the mobile phone business. And Kaz Hirai has already taken a lot of major decisions towards achieving that. Why else would Sony decide to merge Sony Mobile into Sony consumer products/Sony electronics division if all this takeover means is faster decision making. Its much more than that. And you will see in the coming months the difference between Sony having 50% stake and Sony completely being in charge.
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2012-07-15 10:04 ]

HELLO!!!!!!!!!

Sony is only for a short time 100% owner, what do you expect to change.............they already change within the company dude don't be so naive that at ones every can change instantly.
Next year we will see that.

Did I say that? I said Sony has to change! Nothing else...jesus!

You said

Yes, don't expect in a instantly chance what the most people thinking about that, that's why i said that......

And Jesus is in Heaven, he will come soon and what will he mad at us
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2012-07-15 15:44

On 2012-07-15 15:36:18, aurelius wrote:

On 2012-07-15 14:39:40, randomuser wrote:
A lot of top level executives seem to be leaving Sony Mobile Communications. The latest in the list was Mr. P Balaji, MD, Sony Mobile India. He quit Sony Mobile and has joined Nokia. Many other top executives have left SMC in the past few weeks including Sony Mobile VP who joined Blackberry.

Seems like there is gonna be an all new top level management across the board at SMC. I also wonder why they quit the company.

R&D in India was closed down recently! I don't think there will be positions available for the managers from centers that are being closed.

My friend, I was talking about SMC India Managing Director. I posted nothing about R&D. The Managing Director is the top head of the company in a particular country and looks after the sales, marketing, retail, brand promotion, company management at local level and other stuff. Dunno what made you write about R&D being closed down.
Someone from the global SMC team will take over as SMC India Managing Director soon.
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2012-07-15 14:45 ]
djin
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2012-07-15 17:06
W/e direction sony is going now, it will be far better than what was previously. 1-2 year time will take before anything the new management can do, whoever was really managing before, if they are gone then I am not sure if thats in any way a loss to the company as it was their decisions that brought the company to what it was. Lot of people have been screwed over in the past, and many have become loyal to too. It just depends on how you expected them to be. Demanding users were unfortunately not being satisfied by the company while avg users were alright. Its one of the reasons why mid range are some of the most competitive.

Anyways, I personally see no reason to be pessimistic in the direction they are going. I cant really complain much about them for the year, although I wouldnt personally have any single device of theirs for the time being because they aren't really high end. The japanese companies are trying to be more interdependent. There is something really wrong when you realize that 90% of the profits belong to samsung and apple, and if that continues things economically will be very bad for htc, sony, motorola etc.

This thread barely stays on topic, I think we should just rename it to general discussions about sony with a hint of rumor.
Xperia T + N 96

R.I.P Desire
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-07-15 18:03

you guyyyyyys.....
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-07-15 18:49
@mediar how can you say Samsung designs are distinguishing from each other?? They all look the same. Sony's new designs you can tell it's a Sony and they look different to the market and I love them. Also some of their new models are not the same as the first 2012 line up all having the transparent strip. As for iPhone looking different both last two models looked the same. But yes as someone said this needs to go back on topic
Phone?? What phone??
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2012-07-15 20:31
I think we can all agree that Sony has recognised that extra effort needs to be put into it's mobile division before it can enjoy anything like the huge profits Samsung and Apple are enjoying.

So some changes have to / are being made if it isn't to carry on the way it has been the past few years. I read an article where one of the directors was really impressed with the new Moto RAZR hardware and he gave the impression that they would be leveraging up their hardware offerings, which is good news, because a good, proper super high-end 'hero phone' is what a lot of people believe is missing from their portfolio right now.
mediar
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-07-15 20:34
I meant that you can easily distinguishing HTC phones from Samsung phones from iPhone from Motorola and so on. Yes, most of Samsung/HTC/iPhone/LG/Motorola phones look really similar, as does the Xperia 2011 line, but that's not bad, it shows that each brand has its own unique design psychology. And people like it. Only current Sony doesn't have one, or if it does, it's totally wrong, because their phones are plain ugly, simple black bricks, and childish-looking mid- and low-end phones. It probably depends on the respective point, but that's my opinion. I'm not trying to convince you, I just shared my personal opinion, and I can understand you, you're Sony fans and you're still desperately trying to believe that Sony's future is bright. I've never liked Sony, I used to be Ericsson fan before 2001. Now that Ericsson quit the battle, I have to choose a new team, and that's definitely not going to be Sony's.
[ This Message was edited by: mediar on 2012-07-15 19:45 ]
The best mobile phone brand died with Sony Ericsson's death. Shame on you Sony for killing it! And, of course, for ruining the Xperia brand...
Mediar's Site
worf1000
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-07-15 20:45

On 2012-07-15 20:34:12, mediar wrote:
I meant that you can easily distinguishing HTC phones from Samsung phones from iPhone and so on. Yes, most of Samsung/HTC/iPhone/LG/RIM phones look really similar, as does the Xperia 2011 line, but that's not bad, it shows that each brand has its own unique design psychology. And people like it. Only Sony doesn't have one, or if it does, it's totally wrong, because their phones are plain ugly, simple black bricks, and childish-looking mid- and low-end phones. It probably depends on the respective point, but that's my opinion. I'm not trying to convince you, I just shared my personal opinion, and I can understand you, you're Sony fans and you're still desperately trying to believe that Sony's future is bright. I've never liked Sony, I used to be Ericsson fan before 2001. Now that Ericsson quit the battle, I have to choose a new team, and that's not going to be Sony's.

You talk if it is a fact, it's just your opinion nothing more and you are very selective person.

Second, Samsung Galaxy line design come from copying from Apple NOT from Samsung itself and Samsung don't have his own design be not so selective please.
Sony don't need those claim what you said, Sony has always different design.

HTC is always the same design, very boring in my opinion.
[ This Message was edited by: worf1000 on 2012-07-15 19:46 ]
mediar
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-07-15 21:31

On 2012-07-15 20:45:22, worf1000 wrote:
You talk if it is a fact, it's just your opinion nothing more and you are very selective person.

Second, Samsung Galaxy line design come from copying from Apple NOT from Samsung itself and Samsung don't have his own design be not so selective please.
Sony don't need those claim what you said, Sony has always different design.

HTC is always the same design, very boring in my opinion.

Because it's a fact in my personal world. How can I not be selective when I loved SE ( not Sony! ), I was ready to ignore each disappointment it has done to me, but its shits became more than I can swallow. Especially after the division. I loved the Xperia 2011 design, the old UX UI and the way it improved the entire line through the year. It made me believe that SE is finally rising from the dust and ashes. But then the division came, Sony screwed the glossy and polished UX UI with that stupid half-backed NXT UI, the phones became just black square bricks. The delays started once again, they ruined the remaining of the UX UI with that buggy, laggy and once again half-backed Android 4.0 update, not to mention how they started ignoring the 2011 Xperia owners just like they've never existed. That my personal view of the way the situation changed in the last year. I don't care if you share my opinion or not, but for me everything combined is already a deal-breaker, so I decided to swich to one much more reliable brand.

What I want from SE is one polished android 4.1 update for the 2011 Xperia phones, with the UX or NXT UI and all the features they gave to the new Xperias. Then I'll let them die in peace. The excuse that our phones are not powerful enough is just one big lie. How can HTC run Android 4.0 with its much heavier Sense UI on Desire C with weaker hardware? Or the custom 4.0 ROMs that run so incredibly fluid on Arc? That clearly shows Sony's disability to work with Android/any kind of software. Or their attempt to force us to switch to its newer models, which will result in mass-movement of many users directly from SE to other much more customer-friendly brands.

And please don't even dare to tell me that the quad-core processors are overhyped! Weren't you the one, who used to tell us an year ago that dual-core processors were overhyped? And it suddenly turned out that they're requirement for the next version of Android. Not only that, but I remember SE saying that they've optimized the OS so well that it runs as good on their single-core phones as on competitors' dual-core. But what happened now? Not only they're not as powerful as competitors' dual-core phones, but they're not even powerful enough to run Android 4 properly. Or at least Sony says so. Did any other brand come with similar statement? Clear example - HTC Sensation or Galaxy S2, for example, compared to Arc S. So Arc and Arc S' purchasers were screwed. I see the same thing happening next year with Android 5, with the Xperia S, Ion, Mint and so on...

And something more - with Android 2.3 HTC Sensation ran Sense UI 3.5, but with Android 4 Sense UI was updated to version 4. If we apply the same rule here, doesn't that mean that we should get XS's NXT 4.0 to our 2011 Xperias, insted of that UX-NXT-Holo mix, which Sony calls "Android 4 for 2011 Xperias"? Or we're screwed once again?
[ This Message was edited by: mediar on 2012-07-15 21:43 ]
The best mobile phone brand died with Sony Ericsson's death. Shame on you Sony for killing it! And, of course, for ruining the Xperia brand...
Mediar's Site
mode
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2012-07-16 06:07

On 2012-07-15 21:31:22, mediar wrote:

What I want from SE is one polished android 4.1 update for the 2011 Xperia phones, with the UX or NXT UI and all the features they gave to the new Xperias. Then I'll let them die in peace. The excuse that our phones are not powerful enough is just one big lie. How can HTC run Android 4.0 with its much heavier Sense UI on Desire C with weaker hardware? Or the custom 4.0 ROMs that run so incredibly fluid on Arc? That clearly shows Sony's disability to work with Android/any kind of software. Or their attempt to force us to switch to its newer models, which will result in mass-movement of many users directly from SE to other much more customer-friendly brands.

And please don't even dare to tell me that the quad-core processors are overhyped! Weren't you the one, who used to tell us an year ago that dual-core processors were overhyped? And it suddenly turned out that they're requirement for the next version of Android. Not only that, but I remember SE saying that they've optimized the OS so well that it runs as good on their single-core phones as on competitors' dual-core. But what happened now? Not only they're not as powerful as competitors' dual-core phones, but they're not even powerful enough to run Android 4 properly. Or at least Sony says so. Did any other brand come with similar statement? Clear example - HTC Sensation or Galaxy S2, for example, compared to Arc S. So Arc and Arc S' purchasers were screwed. I see the same thing happening next year with Android 5, with the Xperia S, Ion, Mint and so on...

And something more - with Android 2.3 HTC Sensation ran Sense UI 3.5, but with Android 4 Sense UI was updated to version 4. If we apply the same rule here, doesn't that mean that we should get XS's NXT 4.0 to our 2011 Xperias, insted of that UX-NXT-Holo mix, which Sony calls "Android 4 for 2011 Xperias"? Or we're screwed once again?
[ This Message was edited by: mediar on 2012-07-15 21:43 ]

So true. They can't run their software properly, ICS 4.0.4 feels so heavy on my Arc S, even the basic keyboard keeps shutting down, let alone heavier apps like Google maps and the browser. Multitasking is a joke, even browsing and music won't work together as music would be shut down. You would think knowing this they'd try to make up for it by providing awesome hardware. Well, you know how that story goes.

The problem with Sony Mobile (SE) is they're a half baked company producing half baked phones. Camera is good, but just won't cut it among imaging connoiseurs, so many other quality imaging phones out there that no Sony product qualified for the most recent shootout on GSMArena. Music-wise they won't even support their own gawd awful music player giving us the shitty, stale sounding preset equalizers when thay can very well implement custom eq and NOT ALLOWING the use of Equalizer app by making it really hard to apply on the stock player while other manufacturers have the option in Audio to use our own equalizer app. How can any audiophile settle for this phone? UI-wise, well...we all know this sad story. I applaud the new image gallery in ICS, but they just had to put their own Xperia gallery which is 3-4 times slower and doesn't display images in full resolution. How do you think they managed that??? Hardware-wise...well, well...they almost caught up with the outing of X10 but failed miserably in the software front. Xperia 2011 lineup was severely crippled with pea-sized internal memory. Android is popular and going strong due to its sea off apps that gave its devices life. Unfortunately as Sony (SE) phone owners we've all experienced the low disk space warning every so often just by installing the must-have apps. Even when there's enough disk space, we need to clean memory cache via apps2SD etc. beforehand or the app won't install due to the low space problem which demonstrates lousy app cache management to match its insufficient hardware. You're saying, so what? the new lineup has enough internal disk space right? Well, I'm using a 64gb SD card, where will that go without external space support? 32gb may be enough for Xperia S users, but why shun away people who need more?

This is why their marketshare has fallen, they've been decreasing their target market by a big margin shunning away cameraphone lovers, audiophiles, people who want seamless & smooth UI/functionality and the most demanding users. Add all of these, you won't wonder anymore where their marketshare went. Stupid Sony.
Ericsson EH97, GA628, GF768, A2618s, T29s Sony Ericsson T68i, S700i, P990i, Z558i, W902, W995, X10, Arc S
*Xperia V*White*Black MW600*Sandisk Mobile Ultra 64GB microSDXC*
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 198199200 ... 318319320  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic