Forum > General discussions > Rumours > Sony Xperia Rumours 2012

Previous  123 ... 196197198 ... 318319320  Next
Author Sony Xperia Rumours 2012
pmugghc
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-07-13 05:46
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
No big surprise I guess since HTC is close to Qualcomm, but here's some benchmark data that could be the first S4 Pro:

http://www.droid-life.com/201[....]35lvw-and-a-new-snapdragon-s4/
smclion102
T610
PM
Posted: 2012-07-13 13:00
Xperia SL??

The Sony Xperia SL (LT26ii) is due to launch later this year and will basically be an Xperia S refresh. According to our source, the handset is expected to sport an overclocked 1.7GHz dual-core Snapdragon S3 chipset (MSM8260) and new colours. A leaked press image supposedly shows the Sony Xperia SL in its new colours – pastel pink and what looks like blue/violet. These are certainly not mainstream colours so who knows whether these will be the only ones on offer.

sambouka
Ericsson T39
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-07-13 14:15
Android dominates in Europe with more than 50% of market share

Study link here:
Link text...

Source: Kantar Worldpanel ComTech
[ This Message was edited by: sambouka on 2012-07-13 13:15 ]
gh680-gh628-t19-t28-t39-t200-z200-v800-w810i-w900i-p910i-w850i-z610-z310i-m600-w880i-w910i-g900-c902-w705-g705-x1-w995-aino-satio-x10-vivaz-x10mini-play-arc-neo-xperias-xperiaion-xperiago-z-zultra-z1compact-z3-z3compact-z5premium-xa1ultra-xz2-xz3-xperia1
Shino03
S700
PM
Posted: 2012-07-13 17:36

On 2012-07-12 13:26:54, titus1 wrote:
Sony perhaps doesn't even know what kind of devices we have in the market right now. It always felt they were 2 years behind of the competition.

Well, that's only true for their high-ends not for their whole portfolio. Sony's 2012 line-up has filled the gap lg and htc had mistakenly taken for granted. I see their marketshare increasing this quarter since Lg has lost the ground in the mid-end segment while htc is stocked offering outdated processors on their non-high-end phones.
[ This Message was edited by: Shino03 on 2012-07-13 16:39 ]
marcink
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2012-07-13 18:42
Sony's not going in the right direction. no real flaghsip. too many models in lineup, different naming schemes this is all wrong in this particular order. Imagine updating most of that stuff to JB or beyond.
Detox
W800
PM
Posted: 2012-07-13 19:15
u13x returned from the dead :
Mint will still have SE's logo guys. Next year devices won't. However, this year's devices look better than next year's definitely...at least it looks original...sigh...
Well anyways, yes, we will see improvements in terms of announcement to retail time starting from the next set.

Related:
http://www.xperiablog.net/201[....]hones-drop-out-of-circulation/
Phones:
W800i | K800i | K850i | W902 | Xperia S | Xperia Z1 Compact | Xperia Z5 Compact | Xperia XZ1 Compact
Firmwares:
R1AA008 | R1CB001 | R1EA031 | R3EA037 | 6.2.B.1.96 | 14.4.A.0.157 | 32.4.A.1.54 | 47.2.A.11.228
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-07-13 19:37
http://m.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_sl_will_be_an_overclocked_xperia_s_in_blue_and_pink-news-4519.php

Pink & purple versions of the SL
Phone?? What phone??
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2012-07-14 08:22
Some info about Sony Mobile Communications present and future from XDA

*All the devices released/yet to be released this year are 100% devices and had Sony not acquired then we would seen the same phones released under SE. So we haven't seen "SONY" influence yet and will not see until 2013.

*Sony Mobile Communications will soon be merged with Sony Electronics consumer electronics division and will take lead charge developing Sony Android tablets, Sony Google TV and chromebooks.

*We will see a true Sony playstation phone once SMC is finally merged with SCEI (Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.)
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2012-07-14 07:33 ]
rog
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2012-07-14 10:35

On 2012-07-14 08:22:26, randomuser wrote:
*All the devices released/yet to be released this year are 100% devices and had Sony not acquired then we would seen the same phones released under SE. So we haven't seen "SONY" influence yet and will not see until 2013.

I tend to disagree - we actually already HAVE seen a lot of Sony influence the last 3-5 years.
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2012-07-14 10:51
^
Well of course sir, what the guy meant was we haven't seen devices developed under SMC this year and won't see any for the rest of the year either. All the devices this year are SEMC devices.
rog
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2012-07-14 10:56
Sure, I understood that All I'm saying is that we won't see a huge change all of a sudden just because it is now "officially" Sony. But the statement sounds like there would be a change (at least that's my interpretation )
NightBlade
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2012-07-14 11:31
I doubt Sony's designs are suddenly going to change for the worse. They've always been remarkable - across their whole product range. Not just smartphones.

VAIO ftw
mediar
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-07-14 13:24

On 2012-07-14 10:35:14, rog wrote:
I tend to disagree - we actually already HAVE seen a lot of Sony influence the last 3-5 years.

Yes, since 2006. And surprisingly ( or not ), that's the exact same period of time, when Sony Ericsson went down from the third mobile phones maker to its miserable state now. Now you know why I hate Sony and love Ericsson. The only reason I still check this topic is that I'm still waiting for some kind of comeback - Sony finally manages to launch some kind of decent and good-looking smartphone, with good software and hardware. Unfortunately I don't see that coming. Even the long-waited Mint is more than two years behind the competition in terms of hardware, ugly as shit ( as the entire 2012 line ) and who knows - probably with Android 2.3.7? People, are you not tired of waiting? Look what happened with the 2.1 and 2.3 updates for X10, 4.0 update for 2011 Xperias and 4.x for 2012 Xperias! Not to mention the processor, RAM, battery, screen, lack of microSD etc... And what about the design? Just put a 2011 Xperia next to 2012 Xperia and see the difference. And unknown13 says it will get even worse! Come on, can it physically get any worse?! Or Sony is gonna take the ugliness to entire new level? No surprise Apple doesn't sue Sony, Sony is just so retarded it's not even worth!

And all I read here is "That's not bad, but they could have done it better!". Yes, they could, but they won't! Because since 2006, Sony Ericsson has never been on par with the competition. They're always late, always missing something and buying their shits means that you'll always have to make compromises with something. Man, that's just wrong, especially when the competition can give you all you want, without compromises and with better quality. Lets compare the cameras - HTC may not have as much resources as Sony has, in order to make their phones' cameras the best, but at least they're trying to. While Sony has the potential, but doesn't want to use it, because that will kill their low-end Cybershots, so they worsen Xperia's cameras on purpose... Dafuq Sony?!
[ This Message was edited by: mediar on 2012-07-14 12:32 ]
The best mobile phone brand died with Sony Ericsson's death. Shame on you Sony for killing it! And, of course, for ruining the Xperia brand...
Mediar's Site
motvikt
T68i
PM
Posted: 2012-07-14 13:54

On 2012-07-14 13:24:48, mediar wrote:

Yes, since 2006. And surprisingly ( or not ), that's the exact same period of time, when Sony Ericsson went down from the third mobile phones maker to its miserable state now. Now you know why I hate Sony and love Ericsson. The only reason I still check this topic is that I'm still waiting for some kind of comeback - Sony finally manages to launch some kind of decent and good-looking smartphone, with good software and hardware. Unfortunately I don't see that coming. Even the long-waited Mint is more than two years behind the competition in terms of hardware, ugly as shit ( as the entire 2012 line ) and who knows - probably with Android 2.3.7? People, are you not tired of waiting? Look what happened with the 2.1 and 2.3 updates for X10, 4.0 update for 2011 Xperias and 4.x for 2012 Xperias! Not to mention the processor, RAM, battery, screen, lack of microSD etc... And what about the design? Just put a 2011 Xperia next to 2012 Xperia and see the difference. And unknown13 says it will get even worse! Come on, can it physically get any worse?! Or Sony is gonna take the ugliness to entire new level? No surprise Apple doesn't sue Sony, Sony is just so retarded it's not even worth!

And all I read here is "That's not bad, but they could have done it better!". Yes, they could, but they won't! Because since 2006, Sony Ericsson has never been on par with the competition. They're always late, always missing something and buying their shits means that you'll always have to make compromises with something. Man, that's just wrong, especially when the competition can give you all you want, without compromises and with better quality. Lets compare the cameras - HTC may not have as much resources as Sony has, in order to make their phones' cameras the best, but at least they're trying to. While Sony has the potential, but doesn't want to use it, because that will kill their low-end Cybershots, so they worsen Xperia's cameras on purpose... Dafuq Sony?!

Good post, totally agree. Sony is a sick company, hopefully Kaz can cure it
worf1000
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-07-14 14:33

On 2012-07-14 13:24:48, mediar wrote:

Well, you don't no what you saying that's for sure.

First, Sony doesn't own SonyEricsson at that time.
Second, those camera's a;ways the best quality.
Third, the device from this year is already developed by SonyEricsson team and NOT SONY ITSELF!!!

You think that Samsung ahead than Sony, because of their quadcore CPU use? You call that advance over a mobile that doesn't have a quad core? What about their screen and camera department that doesn't have chance agains the Xperia S if you compare with the SGS3 vs Xperia S.

Almost on par, only the SGS3 use a quad core cpu, so it means that Xperia fall behind becouse it don't have a quad core cpu is that what you talking about?

Your post is nothing than a shame, you don't know nothing about Sony with your so called sick company.

Let we talk about sick company, Samsung is a sick company because they copy everything what Apple have from design to IOS lookalike menu really sick.

Than let we talk about government support that support Samsung, really sick to compete others.
Let we talk copy cat techniek what Samsung do all those years, really sick.

If a company that get government support all those years to COMPETE!!! /Copy technology from other rivals like Sony/Sharp or Ericsson and many more or copy designs from Apple i CALL THAT'S A SICK COMPANY!!! and that companay is Samsung.

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 196197198 ... 318319320  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic