Add to Bookmarks
Previous  123 ... 123124125 ... 318319320  Next
Author Sony Xperia Rumours 2012
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-05-12 23:11
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I really don't see how they can get the phones out faster. Their android developers have still got to bug fix and optimize ICS on early 2012 and the rest of the 2011 handsets, then they've got to do the work again on the second half 2012 handsets.

They could have avoided some of the work by simply not releasing Xperia S, P and U and skipping straight to the international versions GX/SX, but there would have been tears if they had nothing to show at MWC and CES.

The other things about using the S4 Pro instead could have been achieved, and personally i would have liked the nicer GPU of the Pro, but there has still to be any solid confirmation i.e. in a press release or release version handset teardown that we won't see the S4 Pro. We can still speculate on this.. **looks up at DACHA's post and ponders the credibility**
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
rss_ndrsn
Sony Xperia X Performance
PM
Posted: 2012-05-13 00:06
^Now that I have known about the LG quad-core S4 SoC, I think The dual-core S4 Pro would not be enough for Sony to be competitive this 2nd half of 2012. Sony must consider that the 6th generation iPhone is coming and sure a force to reckon with. Plus, other high-end phones from LG, HTC and Samsung are coming out too. Sony Xperia GXi features set would not just do it! I really hope that Sony could use the quad-core S4 as the SoC for Xperia GXi plus bigger battery capacity. It's make it or break it for Sony. If not, they will just be overshadowed by the competition!
aamwng
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2012-05-13 00:58
People need to slow the fu*k down! S4 is coming around q3, if you think it's not powerful enough, go for the One X or the GS3. Don't moan about in the rumour thread.

I think we will see a Sony Krait quad core phone in 2013, if you don't like it, think you better leave.

P.S. Yes Lg is going to be the first to release a krait quad, but it is going to be like the 2X, a flop. I know Sony is playing safe, too safe, but rushing in to stuff can also be a bad thing.

P.P.S. This is from unknown13

"Doesn't matter if LG has it. They don't sell well anyways. Their 2X hasn't even been updated to ICS, while the 2011 handsets from Sony are already beginning to get them. Quality counts. Would you rather have Sony cough out something half quality/effort built, or something fully built? You decide."
[ This Message was edited by: aamwng on 2012-05-13 00:01 ]
>500
Vivaz Black
PM
Posted: 2012-05-13 02:09
Ermmm, here, and other websites. People are complaining that Sony is late releasing Hayabusa. I don't see how it's late, when they haven't even announced a global variant yet. And the leaked schedule had always been pegged for July
rss_ndrsn
Sony Xperia X Performance
PM
Posted: 2012-05-13 02:34
^I'm sure Sony Ericsson took their time developing Xperia S, did it make any difference? People barely know about it until know! The sales so far is a dismal and it will continue that way. The thing is XS lacks the "X" factor and so does the current line-up of smartphones from Sony. Sony has to give their top-end phone a "shock value" - something that would blow people's minds away and make catch their attention. Before the buy-out, Sony Ericsson often did because of disappointment! Now it seems Sony is following it. It is the right time to make a difference. Xperia GX seems to have a big potential to be an iconic device but Sony seems to be holding back. If Sony could just go all the way for the GX, then we would have a device that would be able to compete with iPhone 5. I am telling you guys, iPhone 5 is going to set new trend both in hardware and software department. With the current set of features that Xperia GX has, it will not stand a chance against the iPhone 5.

And I am not going away! Sony is not going to win any customers with the "it's-not-ready-yet" mentally. This is how the river flows now and if they try going off course, I am telling you they will fail. Just look at the Xperia Arc. It has been a year since I barely see people who have it, let alone being promoted in stores. But we could all agree that, it was a stable device when it came out! But it did not make any difference for Sony Ericsson because their competitors used dual-core processors while SE was stuck with single-core processor. We all know, it would have made a difference back then if only SE used a dual-core processor back then! It's a great marketing selling point! It is the same now with quad-core. If Sony go with the quad-core S4 SoC and big battery capacity with the Xperia GXi, along with its other features we know of, we have a best seller!

Yes, Sony plans to use quad-core S4 next year but which version are they going to use? The same one as what the LG smartphone for Sprint is rumoured to have? If that's the case, then again they just never change! If Sony is going to use quadcore S4 SoC, I would rather like them to use the version which is clocked from 2.0-2.5 ghz. Then release that smartphone in February, 2013.

All I want to see from Sony is just one super high-end device that excels in everything: features set, design, and battery!
DACHA
Sony Xperia ZL
PM
Posted: 2012-05-13 04:07

On 2012-05-13 00:58:34, aamwng wrote:
People need to slow the fu*k down! S4 is coming around q3, if you think it's not powerful enough, go for the One X or the GS3. Don't moan about in the rumour thread.

I think we will see a Sony Krait quad core phone in 2013, if you don't like it, think you better leave.

P.S. Yes Lg is going to be the first to release a krait quad, but it is going to be like the 2X, a flop. I know Sony is playing safe, too safe, but rushing in to stuff can also be a bad thing.

P.P.S. This is from unknown13

"Doesn't matter if LG has it. They don't sell well anyways. Their 2X hasn't even been updated to ICS, while the 2011 handsets from Sony are already beginning to get them. Quality counts. Would you rather have Sony cough out something half quality/effort built, or something fully built? You decide."
[ This Message was edited by: aamwng on 2012-05-13 00:01 ]

I understand that LG phones do not sell but that was the whole point. Even LG can release a phone with the latest hardware and Sony cannot.
By the time the Hayabuss is out every other phone manufacturer will have a quad-core phone on the market.
I do not see how Sony is going to sell about 50% more phones this year as they foretasted on the 2011 financial report.
pmugghc
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-05-13 04:34

On 2012-05-12 20:18:45, DACHA wrote:
Is this fake?

http://antutulabs.com/Sony-Xperia-LT29i-Hayabusa

It shoes the LT29i with the MSM8960 Pro 1.5GHz CPU

If it really is a Pro how come the total score is 6647 ? That's just around the same as the HTC One X LTE (i.e. with a regular dual S4), which scores around 6900. Something doesn't add up.
>500
Vivaz Black
PM
Posted: 2012-05-13 04:41
I think some are being a little unrelastic... The merger was only complete not too long ago now. I wasn't expecting Sony to be a world beater only months after taking sole ownership.

Also, which phone is going to be the first 100% Sony flagship? Until we know the official specs of said phone, I don't see how people can be so critical. I also don't expect them to release anything ground breaking until later this year or early next year. They will be on a par with others flagships over the next couple months, perhaps a tad behind. Still better than being 1 yr behind the competition
[ This Message was edited by: >500 on 2012-05-13 03:48 ]
pmugghc
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-05-13 06:28
It's not just about awesome HW specs anymore, Samsung really added a lot on the SW side with the SGS3.
mediar
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-05-13 08:20

On 2012-05-13 06:28:40, pmugghc wrote:
It's not just about awesome HW specs anymore, Samsung really added a lot on the SW side with the SGS3.

+1 And seeing Sony's ICS for Xperia 2011 phones, that just makes me cry. Sony will really never catch up.
The best mobile phone brand died with Sony Ericsson's death. Shame on you Sony for killing it! And, of course, for ruining the Xperia brand...
Mediar's Site
lolstebbo
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-05-13 09:53

On 2012-05-13 08:20:29, mediar wrote:

On 2012-05-13 06:28:40, pmugghc wrote:

+1 And seeing Sony's ICS for Xperia 2011 phones, that just makes me cry. Sony will really never catch up.

Why? Most of the software features in the new TouchWiz are rip-offs from iOS and are likely resource hogs. Sony's UI is one of the least complicated and one of the most similar to stock of the Android skins, so it can still run well even on lower-spec phones. It's unlikely that lower-tier Galaxy phones will get much, if any, of the features in the SGS3's TouchWiz.

If you want fancy, then high-end Samsung and HTC phones are targeted to you. Personally, I prefer Sony's more basic approach. Less bloat.
Xajel
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2012-05-13 12:45
@lolstebbo

I can't agree with you, while Sony's UI is least complicated is true but it's not the fastest specially in the low spec'ed phones.. even some mid-range... take a look at Xperia 2011 models ( Arc, Arc S, Neo, Neo V, etc.. ) all equipped with 512MB ram, when you're a heavy user or even a novice user that install a lot of apps and the UI is not persist in memory you will have a lot of lags and reloading, the low RAM problem which is even used in some 2012 low-ends is very bad this what forced SE in the beginning to have the UI in presist memory mode, so when any large app ( or multi small apps ) are loaded and then you comes back to Home, the UI will have to reload every single icon again taking time and CPU resources...

In the other hand the UI it self while it's simple it's not that customizable, you can't customize your Home screen number ( always 5, no more no less ), you can't even create a folder in the applications list !! yeah clean and nice looking I agree, but lacks some major features that about every other launcher have... that's why I moved to Go Launcher ( without theme ).. it has a clean and sleek UI with ton's of features and it lacks much much less than Sony UI...
djin
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2012-05-13 12:49
s3 does have lots of new features which sets it apart from other android, but I doubt most of the features are useful, the ones i liked are direct call and playback of videos minimised etc.

Sony needs to diffrentiate more in terms of software too, I do like their present ui but it still needs to be updated. The music app of xperia s is really nice and the whole interface should match something along those lines... What's really dissapointing about sony is the lack of proper video playback out of the box. You put any file in s2 and it will most likely read it, but with xperia s, you cant unless you use an app, which basically reduces the battery life.

@aamwng,

LG doesnt sell so well in terms of phones, but its trying to improve, was once forecasted to beat nokia by 2012 i think, and look where it is now? They started messing up since past 4 years and last year they had a good line up. This year again they are screwing up, I mean such selective features in their phones that makes it so hard for deciding, if you buy the present flagship, it wont have whitemagic screen, but if you buy xperia p, you will only have 16gb of memory, etc. Xu has only 4gb usable memory all though sola can be expanded along with nfc. This reminds me of how se made mistakes earlier in trying to diffrentiate between walkman and cybershot phones, which they then scraped it to launch xperia. Again to just have the flagship with not the bestof their own technologies!
Xperia T + N 96

R.I.P Desire
aamwng
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2012-05-13 13:45
You need to do your research before bashing...

http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-and-communications/mobile-phones/sonys-white-magic-screens-stuck-at-4-inches-1067463

The P was aimed at high-mid range, putting 16GB in there is the right choice. I find it funny how last year, people are moaning about how the neo is so similar to the arc. If they make the P with 32GB, it will be yet another XS.

@mediar

I'm sorry, but all the Samsung gimmick that they released last week, I won't even use half of them. For example, the reading thing, it's not like I got no arms to touch the screen when it is going to fade. Though I have to admit that the call gesture is cool.
mediar
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-05-13 17:37

On 2012-05-13 09:53:47, lolstebbo wrote:
Why? Most of the software features in the new TouchWiz are rip-offs from iOS and are likely resource hogs. Sony's UI is one of the least complicated and one of the most similar to stock of the Android skins, so it can still run well even on lower-spec phones. It's unlikely that lower-tier Galaxy phones will get much, if any, of the features in the SGS3's TouchWiz.

If you want fancy, then high-end Samsung and HTC phones are targeted to you. Personally, I prefer Sony's more basic approach. Less bloat.

I've explained it here:

http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=202374&start=225 ( look at my posts at the bottom )
The best mobile phone brand died with Sony Ericsson's death. Shame on you Sony for killing it! And, of course, for ruining the Xperia brand...
Mediar's Site
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 123124125 ... 318319320  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic