Forum > General discussions > Rumours > Sony Xperia Rumours 2012

Previous  123 ... 121122123 ... 318319320  Next
Author Sony Xperia Rumours 2012
pmugghc
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-05-11 13:40
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Now LG is rumored to come out with a monster phone based on APQ8064 (quad Krait) in 4Q2012: Briefmobile.

The interesting thing is of course the availability of the quad Krait incl the Adreno 320 GPU, so presumably the dual-core Pro should be available before this ? Come on Sony, step up the game!
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2012-05-11 13:49

On 2012-05-11 01:59:20, pmugghc wrote:
Interesting editorial regarding Sony's smartphone strategy:

http://www.androidpolice.com/[....]martphone-act-together-please/

Been a while since I visited here.

A VERY good article even though it is flawed in some areas. People tend to forget that the last few years of Sony Ericsson have been SONY years with Ericsson being practically a silent partner. Even Bert acknowledged this late last year, or is it early this year when the buy-out was announced?

The mess of SE started when Sony took most of the control of the joint-venture, so, to say the phones are Ericsson leftovers is untrue as they are more Sony than Ericsson instead of Sony Ericsson.

Other than that the article is absolutely spot on, SONY has been screwing up since 2007/2008. Sadly, it doesn't look like they have learnt any lesson at all.

The GX is a decent phone, hopefully they can learn (there's that word again that Sony seems to grapple to understand and execute) from it and be competitve cause right now they are just fooling around.

I sold my Razr Droid cause it just wasn't quite there, there was always something missing there. I want to support Sony but they are still leaving me wanting more. I love the iconic design on the Xperia S and would love something really competitive looking like that but a little bit polished in design, something like the GX with that strip on the bottom.

Lastly, Sony should kick out this mentality that quad-core processors are not necessary for their phones at this stage if they want the chunk of the customers' money. Just one phone to compete with the 'current' crop of smartphones (SGS III and the One X) will do per year. It has since stopped being about what they regard as sufficient but about what the consumers deem competitive, technologically ahead, future-proof and deserving of their hard-earned cash. I have said this before that sales assistants also make or break a phone and Sony should take heed of that.

Sony should run the company like a business and not some family gathering where the outside world has little influence on it.
[ This Message was edited by: Dups! on 2012-05-11 16:18 ]
It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
petrescucostin
Sony Xperia P
PM
Posted: 2012-05-11 13:58
Finally a more-than-decent speced phone in a SMALL package !!!

The Sony SX is my ideal phone; powerful yet smaller than the 3,5' phones out there.
I'm waiting for the international version.

Who said that high-end devices HAVE to be huge???
aamwng
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2012-05-11 15:32

roanmy
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2012-05-11 16:04
Orange Sony android? YES PLEASE!!!
Currently NExus 4, but want Xperia ZR.
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-05-11 16:12
I must say I like these handsets. But let's forget these are for Japan only.

I just hope the international versions aren't different in any bad way.

Can anyone confirm if the buttons are implemented on the GX in exactly the same way as on the Galaxy Nexus?

..and will the international version(s) carry a different name?
[ This Message was edited by: Ricky D on 2012-05-11 15:30 ]
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
motvikt
T68i
PM
Posted: 2012-05-11 16:52
Really hope some smart guy high up in Sony understands that you cant release these phones in Japan and then some months later release them in the rest of the world. The industry is moving fast, they need to be out really soon to compete with SGS3 and One X, and no the Xperia S can NOT compete with them if Sony believes that
[ This Message was edited by: motvikt on 2012-05-11 15:52 ]
DACHA
Sony Xperia ZL
PM
Posted: 2012-05-11 20:33
Xperia GX to launch in July, Xperia SX in August

Again, that is very long wait.
Didn't Sony state a few months back that they will shorten the time between announcement and release dates?
smclion102
T610
PM
Posted: 2012-05-11 20:36
A tipster has got in touch to give some further details surrounding the Japanese launch of the Sony Xperia GX and Xperia SX. Whilst only a vague summer launch was given for both handsets, we now know that the 4.6-inch Xperia GX will launch in July 2012 with the 3.7-inch Xperia SX following a month later.

The dimensions of the handset are 131mm x 69mm x 10.2mm and will weigh 127g. The thinnest point of the phone will be just 8.6mm, the thinnest point for the Xperia arc was 8.7mm. It will also come with a 1700mAh capacity battery.

If any Japanese readers want to decipher any other clues below then feel free!

Via
Xperiablog
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2012-05-11 21:30

On 2012-05-11 20:33:47, DACHA wrote:
Xperia GX to launch in July, Xperia SX in August

Again, that is very long wait.
Didn't Sony state a few months back that they will shorten the time between announcement and release dates?

It is the announcement that is late IMO. The sad part is that the international version is set for a September release which will be late, if this was to be released it should be next month for both the variants.

It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
lolstebbo
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-05-11 22:10

On 2012-05-10 06:25:42, rss_ndrsn wrote:
Again, another comment which is purely speculative with no credible basis! ZTE V96 tablet was just announced last Tuesday, May 8, 2012 which has a Quad-band LTE (AWS, 850mhz, 1900mhz, 700mhz), Tri-band HSPA+, and Quad-band GSM! The modems were not as advanced as they are now so Quad-Band LTE is not that an impossible feature to have on a smartphone. Furthermore, it would be much wiser to release LTE phones with bands matching their regions rather than making plethora of smartphones with one or two LTE bands for a certain wireless carrier.

There are 5 non-interoperable bands in the 700mhz range; AT&T operates on one, Verizon operates on two others. The V96 doesn't support Verizon's bands. T-Mobile, MetroPCS, and Cricket will be using AWS (Verizon also owns spectrum licenses in the AWS band but currently is not using AWS), while Sprint will be using 800, 1900, and 2500. You'd need a 9-band LTE radio to ensure complete compatibility with all the American LTE bands. Then, you've got plans in Europe and Asia to use at least 850, 1500, 1800, 2100, and 2600 (with Japan tossing in the 1400 and its own non-interoperable chunk of the 800 band). It took years before quad-band GSM became the norm, and tri-band HSPA is only common in North America (with penta-band HSPA being ridiculously rare). If a device were to be released that supported all 16 planned LTE bands (out of the 43 possible bands) this soon after deployment, then I'll be amazed.

But I don't forsee any device supporting all-bands, let alone enough bands to support LTE roaming internationally.
se_dude
Xperia Arc Silver
PM
Posted: 2012-05-11 22:12
The GX is going to target the Christmas rush. And btw the thing that seperates the XS fro the rest is the price and the 12 mp camera. For a layman thats more than enough.
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-05-11 22:37
perhaps the international GX will get amped up with hardware upgrades not seen in the Japanese GX that warrant the slow launch to the rest of the world?

In japan, I think they are more concerned about style than they are about what's under the hood like europe. so a quick release in Japan with good but not the best hardware is doable, while they are waiting to unleash a beast to the rest of the world with a slightly different design and body materials to house all the fancy new thingermajiggers inside
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
motvikt
T68i
PM
Posted: 2012-05-11 23:46
September!? Where did you read that? Really bad news
DACHA
Sony Xperia ZL
PM
Posted: 2012-05-11 23:59
The leaked Sony release schedule was pretty accurate.

Hayabusa in July and Mint in September
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 121122123 ... 318319320  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic